• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Smallville Season 9 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Medalion

Banned
I figure both threads will get bumped. Damn so much good tv I gotta watch lately...

Community, Chuck, Smallville, House I gotta get in Star TreK online time dammit...

ZeoVGM

Banned
krypt0nian said:
Hey cool. You're back! Just in time!

Haha, I would log on and see that it said I would be unbanned about 5 hours before Smallville and I was like "thank you almighty Duckroll".

omg rite said:
Haha, I would log on and see that it said I would be unbanned about 5 hours before Smallville and I was like "thank you almighty Duckroll".

Seriously. The first thing I thought when you were banned was "Will he miss the Smallville thread?!!?" :lol

ZeoVGM

Banned
I noticed looking at my DVR schedule, it looks like they've replaced Top Model repeats after Smallville with repeats of... Smallville. Last week was "Legion", next week is "Hex", Zatanna's first episode (meaning it will air directly after her second).

Medalion said:
Oh noes a Zatanna episode. And some kid dressed up as a super hero that may be warrior angel... filler ep inbound :p

I'm really enjoying it so far. Chloe's drink was hilarious! So I assume this is supposed to be a take on Captain Marvel without the Shazam?

Was a fun little episode, filler but the good kind. Next week's preview promises more fun filler, but seems shades of storylines past...
Lois falls victim to a magic love spell again, only this time she becomes Suzy Homemaker.

Solo

That was better than the Absolute Justice crapfest :lol Star Wars on Smallville? I hope George Lucas isnt watching, lolz. Best part of the episode was Clark nailing that bad guy with the tin can. Also, Id let Zatanna seduce me any day.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Solo said:
That was better than the Absolute Justice crapfest :lol

You're nuts.

Like, on a regular basis. :p

On that note, I no longer fear the "filler" eps on this show. Hasn't been a bad episode this season.

Magypsy23

Banned
2mg4jyu.jpg

Solo

omg rite said:
You're nuts.

Like, on a regular basis. :p

On that note, I no longer fear the "filler" eps on this show. Hasn't been a bad episode this season.

That episode was an poor episode of Smallville trying to be some kind of epic made for TV movie and failing hilariously. This was just Smallville being Smallville, and better for it.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Solo said:
That episode was an poor episode of Smallville trying to be some kind of epic made for TV movie and failing hilariously.

Well thankfully you're in a minority on that one. Which is good, as they did a great job with it. :p

Napoleonthechimp said:
And a 10 year old designs Superman's costume? That explains a lot.
Dude that was the first thing I thought. :lol

Solo said:
That episode was an poor episode of Smallville trying to be some kind of epic made for TV movie and failing hilariously. This was just Smallville being Smallville, and better for it.
There was some epically terrible writing in that episode, but then Doctor Fate was badass, Hawkman was pretty good, and Martian Manhunter was in his martian form for a few seconds. They also introduced Checkmate and Amanda Waller, and alluded to Apokolips.

There was more then it's fair share of shitty writing, but I really enjoyed the overall package. Sorry if you didn't my friend. I would love to see Geoff Johns do a Doctor Fate show.:D

jhenedo

Banned
awesome awesome awesome awesome stuff! Me and my buddies got together for once to watch smallville and it did not dissapoint!!! Am surprised at the improvement in writing in just this episode! wow. Am in love with chloe.:D

jhenedo

Banned
jhenedo said:
awesome awesome awesome awesome stuff! Me and my buddies got together for once to watch smallville and it did not dissapoint!!! Am surprised at the improvement in writing in just this episode! wow. Am in love with chloe.:D

Here am talking about last nights episode. One of the top episodes of smallville for me ever...EVER!!!!!!

Medalion

Banned
I don't think you have to worry about George Lucas' concern of all the Star Wars stuff in Smallville. I do believe George Lucas once said in an interview his young daughters love the show, so he must be acquainted with it and probably gave them some rights to display that shit, especially so much of it at the beginning.

The actress playing Zatanna is starting to remind me of a Megan Fox type.

The guy playing grown up 10 year old kid is pretty good at playing young.

And I am glad I wasn't the only one who caught Natal in there... how the fuck did this kid get one so quickly? Musta used his super powers to steal one...

I had accidentally read a spoiler somewhere there was going to be a Chloe/Oliver relationship... it just really came out of nowhere, and forced as all hell.

Nice to see the Smallville loft after not seeing it in awhile... I mean this show IS still called Smallville.

Ok filler episode.

I can see why someone would say this episode was good for Smallville compared to last week's... it tries too hard to be epic, this one was just being Smallville.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Medalion said:
I don't think you have to worry about George Lucas' concern of all the Star Wars stuff in Smallville. I do believe George Lucas once said in an interview his young daughters love the show, so he must be acquainted with it and probably gave them some rights to display that shit, especially so much of it at the beginning.

The actress playing Zatanna is starting to remind me of a Megan Fox type.

The guy playing grown up 10 year old kid is pretty good at playing young.

And I am glad I wasn't the only one who caught Natal in there... how the fuck did this kid get one so quickly? Musta used his super powers to steal one...

I had accidentally read a spoiler somewhere there was going to be a Chloe/Oliver relationship... it just really came out of nowhere, and forced as all hell.

Nice to see the Smallville loft after not seeing it in awhile... I mean this show IS still called Smallville.

Ok filler episode.

I can see why someone would say this episode was good for Smallville compared to last week's... it tries too hard to be epic, this one was just being Smallville.

To me it felt forced but in a purposeful way. Like she's trying to find someone.

I also have to add that I love that Clark talking to Lois as he's kicking ass scene.:lol

I loved that nonchalant toss of the can he gave. Tosses it, turns around, and bam! hits the runaway thief.:D

Medalion

Banned
omg rite said:
To me it felt forced but in a purposeful way. Like she's trying to find someone.

Ok I can buy that, but what is Oliver's excuse? He has shown no interest in her like that before, and she almost killed Oliver while trying to bring him back from his self-destructiveness? I guess guys love girls who are that rough...

Medalion said:
Ok I can buy that, but what is Oliver's excuse? He has shown no interest in her like that before, and she almost killed Oliver while trying to bring him back from his self-destructiveness? I guess guys love girls who are that rough...
The only action he's been getting is dirty emails between him and Black Canary!

And she's been completely corked since Not-so-Jimmy Jimmy died. Everyone needs their cork popped every once in a while.

Medalion

Banned
Thunder Monkey said:
The only action he's been getting is dirty emails between him and Black Canary!

And she's been completely corked since Not-so-Jimmy Jimmy died. Everyone needs their cork popped every once in a while.

21mrshz.gif

Sleeping with the team you are managing... is not a good idea. But she may figure that out sooner or later.

Kevin

I was surprised by this episode. Was expecting an ok filler episode but "Warrior" had a great story and was very well done in my opinion. Also the ratings are 2.48 million for the episode. Not bad at all for a show in it's ninth season on the Friday death slot on a crap television network.

Here is a trailer for next week's episode, "Persuasion" for those who have not seen it yet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm5IN9JztIs

ZeoVGM

Banned
Kevin said:
Also the ratings are 2.48 million for the episode. Not bad at all for a show in it's ninth season on the Friday death slot on a crap television network.

Very good actually. It went up against 30 million viewers watching the opening ceremony. And it beat Spider-Man 2 and some Survivor thing on ABC and CBS in some of the big demos.

On another note, yet another DC Comics character is coming to the show.
Maxwell Lord
will be in episode 19.

Medalion

Banned
It's not really Valentine's but it's love centric episode... Clois fans will be bouncing for joy about this episode.

Since I am not that big into this coupling... at least for this particular show... it will be rather meh to me.

Kevin

An article on why Smallville didn't receive an earlier renewal pickup:

Even though we're all pretty sure of Clark Kent's return for another season, there always seems to be some room for controversy. E! Online reports that the CW network has recently released a list of shows it has picked up for another run. The odd one out is, unfortunately, Smallville.

It obviously isn't a problem regarding the ratings. For the ninth season, Smallville managed to haul in its highest audiences for the network when "Absolute Justice" aired. Despite those stellar numbers, why hasn't there been any confirmation of the series' return?

According to the source, the network heads are still negotiating with the actors. What's the big issue, you may ask. We've heard that Tom Welling and the rest of them have already agreed to a season 10, not to mention having signed up for the contract already.

Apparently, there are still some details that need to be ironed out when it comes to the tenth installment of Smallville. It's obviously going to be quite a big deal given it could be the final season that the series has to offer.

The show has been one of those who has the privilege to call itself "a long-running series." A tenth and concluding run will certainly be something to celebrate, so there's bound to be more negotiations for that.

Insiders have revealed that everyone's just finalizing the contracts and setting a possible end date for Smallville. What's more, they even want to announce the show's pickup separately. How's that for special?

The only sad news here is that Smallville is nearing its end. If you're the type of fan who just takes finales badly, you'd be devastated. We do have to admit, though, that the show really has dragged on for ages. It may be as creative as ever, but Clark's story has to be concluded sometime.

With that said, we shouldn't be worrying about the fate of Smallville. Like Metropolis, the show's safe with Clark around. For another season, that is.

Source:

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/smallville/smallville-not-picked-up-for-a-34631.aspx

If it does get picked up for a tenth season (likely will) I hope they can convince Michael Rosenbaum to come back as Lex Luthor for at least the last episode or two.

Medalion

Banned
I'm just waiting for Clark to finally fucking fly as Clark or Superman (not Kal-El from season 4) and/or put on that damned suit and get it over with.
The ride was decent, inconsistent, but make it the last season please (number 10).

Kevin

Season 10 is most likely "it". Most actors are contracted for a season ten and no more and it's heavily rumored that season ten will be pitched as the final season before it even airs. The producers have also stated that Clark will become Superman in the series finale. They made mention that when he dawns the costume and flies, the show ends. So I expect season ten to be the lead-out for the Superboy storyline with the finale being Clark in the costume taking to the skies. So season ten should and most likely will be written with the conclusion that Clark must be Superman by season's end.

I also am quite certain that Michael Rosenbaum will at least do the final episode or two as he said he would be willing to.

I think they didn't announce the shows renewal yet because since it's the final season (most likely) they probably are working on contracts, what to exactly do with season ten and wrapping everything up so they will probably do a separate press release for season ten as the final season.

Kevin said:
Season 10 is most likely "it". Most actors are contracted for a season ten and no more and it's heavily rumored that season ten will be pitched as the final season before it even airs. The producers have also stated that Clark will become Superman in the series finale. They made mention that when he dawns the costume and flies, the show ends. So I expect season ten to be the lead-out for the Superboy storyline with the finale being Clark in the costume taking to the skies. So season ten should and most likely will be written with the conclusion that Clark must be Superman by season's end.

I also am quite certain that Michael Rosenbaum will at least do the final episode or two as he said he would be willing to.

I think they didn't announce the shows renewal yet because since it's the final season (most likely) they probably are working on contracts, what to exactly do with season ten and wrapping everything up so they will probably do a separate press release for season ten as the final season.
To me that's gonna be the GREAT thing about Smallvile's ending. Talk about going out on a high note, it doesn't get much higher than seeing the series end with him becoming what we've all wanted him to be... Superman.

Up up and away! :D

Oh, and the Lois clip is darn cute.

KamenSenshi

i hope they do get a 10th. this season has been great. actually its like things started picking up around the whole doomsday period. plus that would likely mean an epic season for it to lead up to him becoming superman. chloe would die and spark that choice?

Wow, I just got home from work, but how did this thread not get bumped? New episode people!

I missed half of it, have no clue what's going on. :(

Whoa, Clark the terrorist. That last image just now, with
Clark's back silhouetted against the burning Solar Tower as it collapses
was pretty f*cking epic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom