• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Smallville Season 9 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solo

I love how Clark collapses two towers and just lets the debris fall and kill everyone below :lol :lol :lol

ZeoVGM

Banned
Cool episode though. I expected it to be 100% filler but they managed to move the season-long plot along in a pretty big way. That last scene was badass. I'm glad they had Clark do that because earlier in the episode that exact thought went through my head. "Why doesn't Clark just destroy the tower?"

Solo said:
I love how Clark collapses two towers and just lets the debris fall and kill everyone below :lol :lol :lol

Well it's a construction site so everything below would more than likely be empty.

I think it's safe to assume he did a little recon before hand to make sure there was no one inside or just hanging out below. :lol

jhenedo

Banned
Another great episode! smallville is on a roll! wow! I can't believe its coming to an end tho :( I've literaly grown up with the show. I dont know man. its gonna be hard.

Ashhong

randomly found this in my bookmarks. damn Smallville S2 was huge

TV-Smallville-2008S-May-16.gif

ZeoVGM

Banned
jhenedo said:
Another great episode! smallville is on a roll! wow! I can't believe its coming to an end tho :( I've literaly grown up with the show. I dont know man. its gonna be hard.

Chances are we're going to get a 10th season. No need to feel that way yet. :lol

ZeoVGM

Banned
http://www.examiner.com/x-30527-Sou...al--Smallville-beat-Idol-in-ratings--sort-of-

Kind of a cool article.

Heroes, Supernatural & Smallville beat Idol in ratings ( sort of )
February 19, 9:24 AM

What do Heroes, The Vampire Diaries, Smallville, Fringe and Supernatural all have in common? They all beat American Idol and NCIS when it comes to the increased percentage of viewers when DVR and +7 viewing was factored in during the week of Jan. 25, according to TVbytheNumbers.com.

In fact, those shows all top the list, making their relatively small audiences (at least when compared with a mega-hit like Idol) look downright respectable. Heroes was number one, with a 27 percent gain in viewership. The struggling series added more than a million viewers to its total, and it did even better in the coveted 18-49 rating, gaining 33 percent and going from a 1.89 same-day rating to a 2.52 live +7 rating.

While the jury is still out as to what these numbers really mean (especially considering that many people skip through the commercials), sci-fi and fantasy shows tend to do very well when it comes to DVR increased percentages.

Unfortunately, that didn't help poor Dollhouse. which always gained a significant percentage bump. The series was canceled by Fox and ended its run earlier this year. But still, adding a million or two viewers on top of marginal ratings makes a case for keeping shows like NBC's Heroes and Chuck around for another season.

Here are the top 10 ranked sci-fi/fantasy shows for the percentage increase in 18-49 viewers, their LIVE+SD (live plus same day DVR viewing, up to 3 a.m. the morning after a show airs), their LIVE+7 (live viewing plus 7 days' worth of DVR viewing) and total percentage of the increase.

1. Heroes (NBC) 1.89 2.52 33%
2. Vampire Diaries (The CW) 1.75 2.28 30%
3. Smallville (The CW) 1.09 1.41 29%
4. Medium (CBS) 1.84 2.36 28%
5. Fringe (Fox) 3.06 3.92 28%
6. Better Off Ted (ABC) 0.98 1.24 27%
10. 24 (Fox) 3.40 4.19 23%
12. Ghost Whisperer (CBS) 1.93 2.36 22%
13. Chuck (NBC) 2.50 3.04 22%
17. Supernatural (The CW) 1.24 1.47 19%

Here are the top 10 ranked sci-fi/fantasy shows for the percentage increase in total viewers by the millions, their LIVE+SD (live plus same-day DVR viewing, up to 3 a.m. the morning after a show airs), their LIVE+7 (live viewing plus 7 days worth of DVR viewing) and total percentage of the increase.

1. Heroes (NBC) 4,293 5,469 27%
2. Vampire Diaries (The CW) 3,707 4,644 25%
3. Smallville (The CW) 2,498 3,066 23%
4. Fringe (Fox) 9,039 11,009 22%
5. Supernatural (The CW) 2,720 3,267 20%
8. Better Off Ted (ABC) 2,524 2,976 18%
9. 24 (Fox) 10,839 12,673 17%
11. Chuck (NBC) 6,981 8,137 17%
13. Medium (CBS) 8,034 9,358 16%
17. Ghost Whisperer (CBS) 8,208 9,324 14%

Ashhong

did i miss something? i barely started and hes like giving these random girls new identities? i heard what chloe said to him, but was this addressed prior to this episode? seems out of nowhere

ZeoVGM

Banned
Ashhong said:
did i miss something? i barely started and hes like giving these random girls new identities? i heard what chloe said to him, but was this addressed prior to this episode? seems out of nowhere

Clark went to Zod and the Kandorians to try and befriend them at the end of the episode before the winter break so that things happened differently in the future.

Ashhong

omg rite said:
Clark went to Zod and the Kandorians to try and befriend them at the end of the episode before the winter break so that things happened differently in the future.

when they kneeled before him? i saw that, still feels like its missing something. i dont even remember when jor-el died

edit: whoa, badass music kicking in at the end here

ZeoVGM

Banned
Ashhong said:
when they kneeled before him? i saw that, still feels like its missing something. i dont even remember when jor-el died

I'm not sure what's missing. They've mentioned that he's trying to help the Kandorians become part of society since they've come back from the winter break.

But considering you forgot Jor-El died, I'm thinking you just don't have a very good memory. That was a pretty important scene. :lol

mYm|17|

Ashhong said:

it's just a instrumental remix version of Linkin Park's song "The New Divide" from the Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen movie or at least it sounds like it :lol

Kevin

Wow another solid episode. This entire season has been absolutely fantastic and leap years above last season. This episode I was worried about but dang it was awesome. Like everyone else has stated, the end was really well done.

Also a trailer for next week's episode, "Conspiracy" has been released:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Efla90PPuP4

Last but not least, the show producers have just tweeted about whether or not the show is going to be renewed:

Just for the record, you will know about season 10 as soon as we do - there is no set date for when the decision will be made/announced.

Sitting in the #Smallville writers' room right now working on the finale - lots of exciting ideas being tossed around!

So what do you guys think? Do they really not have any idea whether or not season 10 is happening? If they don't then that means the season nine finale will likely be written as if the show was going to come back on next year and if it does get canned then the show will likely never get a proper finale.

ZeoVGM

Banned
mYm|17| said:
it's just a instrumental remix version of Linkin Park's song "The New Divide" from the Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen movie or at least it sounds like it :lol

It's not. I think it was original material from the composer of the show.

DieH@rd

Banned
I rewatched Superman Returnds [first time since 2006] and i was really satisfied with the movie. Im hoping that Smallville will get s10 pickup and Clark will strap on the suit! Or event fly! Something must happen!!!

Aside from the ending I can safely say I barely got any enjoyment out of it. Some parts were funny, overall I just watched it.:lol

I've liked most of this years though. This episode I didn't think was anywhere near as solid.

Clark is such an asshole.

He lets them complete the tower, thinking everything is all good...yay, we're gonna get back our teh powerz....

Then he hits it with eye lasers 18 hours before it goes online and levels it.

Perfect.

:lol

Baki

ryutaro's mama said:
Clark is such an asshole.

He lets them complete the tower, thinking everything is all good...yay, we're gonna get back our teh powerz....

Then he hits it with eye lasers 18 hours before it goes online and levels it.

Perfect.

:lol

KNEEL BEFORE KAL-EL!

Fuck YEAH!

Baki

evilpigking said:
Durance must be shaking her head in sorrow with each new script she reads.

Only the cheesy one liners that Chloe says are cringe worthy. Rest is pretty solid, especially Lois. She really nails the Lois acting.

jhenedo

Banned
Smallville(and chuck) Are the only two shows that make me feel all munchy and butterflyie?lol..inside:D . Oh and erica has the best lines she's ever heard since the show begun.

ZeoVGM

Banned
evilpigking said:
And the dance montage wasn't?

The dance thing was a little silly. Didn't enjoy that much.

But you said "must be shaking her head in sorrow with each new script she reads" as if stuff like that is some sort of recurring thing. They've done great with Lois this year.

omg rite said:
The dance thing was a little silly. Didn't enjoy that much.

But you said "must be shaking her head in sorrow with each new script she reads" as if stuff like that is some sort of recurring thing. They've done great with Lois this year.

Well I remember the Amazon princess short bit as kinda cringe too but thinking back, I guess it wasn't any worse than her Stars and Stripes stripper/dancer bit way back when.

evilpigking said:
Well I remember the Amazon princess short bit as kinda cringe too but thinking back, I guess it wasn't any worse than her Stars and Stripes stripper/dancer bit way back when.

What's wrong with that stuff? It's all good fun.

BTW, Chloe wearing Clark's Crows Jersey (back around season 1 or 2 ) was damn sexy.

Medalion

Banned
The Clark Lois stuff was so meh, but the Kandorian story arc made up for it. Especially like everyone said at the end. Clark is really loving his heat ray powers lately... he nuked the Solar Towers from a distance, fucking badass!

I can't wait till Zod gets his retribution on Clark... for great justice!

ryutaro's mama said:
BTW, Chloe wearing Clark's Crows Jersey (back around season 1 or 2 ) was damn sexy.
Ahhh, some of my younger days.

Hand squeezing penis as I whacked it to screen grabs of Allison Mack.

Come to think of it... not too much has changed... should I laugh or cry?

Medalion

Banned
I've never really gotten into Alison/Chloe at any point watching her grow up on Smallville, I feel bad about that sometimes.

Medalion said:
I've never really gotten into Alison/Chloe at any point watching her grow up on Smallville, I feel bad about that sometimes.
That's fine I tend to like all female forms.

I've had a bonner for every woman that's appeared on the show, and most that I've met in reality.

I'm easily aroused.

Medalion

Banned
It's been said before, but Callum Blue has this uneasy approach to being Zod invading people's personal space alot... he's a close talker :lol

Kevin

micheal-rosenbaum-e-tom-welling-nell-episodio-il-medaglione-del-potere-della-serie-tv-smallville-112999.jpg

Awesome news guys. New update on Smallville's renewal status from Ausiello:

EW's "Ausiello Files" has this update on a possible 10th season...

Question: Crazed fans like myself desperately need an update on Smallville's renewal. How's it looking? Any idea what the hold-up is? Ausiello: It's looking really, really good. And the hold-up is due to boring stuff like contracts and money.

But it gets even better. There is a rumor that they are trying to get Michael Rosenbaum to sign on as Lex Luthor for 9-10 episodes:

The Superman Homepage received word that Brian Doherty, who was just this month promoted to svp, national sales, at The CW has revealed that the execs at The CW are excited about a 10th season for "Smallville", wanting to really "go out with a bang". The word is that they're attempting to close a deal with Michael Rosenbaum to return as Lex Luthor, wanting to sign him up for at least 9 or 10 episodes.

Source:

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=7609

Freakin awesome! :D

Kevin

Craig from KryptonSite regarding Lex Luthor's return:

I did some scoobying around for information today with the contacts I have. Right now, it doesn't sound like it's happening.

Though... for years I said "Annette will never come back" so who knows, really.

Well that sucks...

Solo

Ive always said Rosenbaum wont come back. Not that hes doing anything else, lolz, but he wanted out bad.

Solo

gdt5016 said:
He literally is doing NOTHING.

Why did he want out?

He just wasnt happy in his last few seasons on the show. Can you blame him? Lex was marginalized and he was just going through the motions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom