• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Smallville Season 9 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KamenSenshi

hmm not the greatest episode. once clark did his thing it was obvious what the outcome would be. everyone but him, seems he's a slow learner.

KamenSenshi

is that his natural accent though? it seems very forced, sometimes like he is trying to hold water in his mouth while talking.

shawnlreed

KamenSenshi said:
hmm not the greatest episode. once clark did his thing it was obvious what the outcome would be. everyone but him, seems he's a slow learner.

The moment Zod gets his powers, he's flying around no problem.
Clark isn't just a slow learner. He's dumb.

KamenSenshi

i mean, i guess i understand they want to save something for the end but if there is one thing that bothers me it's that he hasn't yet. technically anyway. he's gotten shown up by just woken up lady of the lake and now one drop of blood and some hours later someone else.:lol

ZeoVGM

Banned
gdt5016 said:
It boggles my mind why I started watching this show again.

Because this season is great? :p

Though this was probably the weakest episode the season. Not terrible but not great. Cool ending though. I always hate the "random guy who kidnaps characters then dies at the end" plots.

ZeoVGM

Banned
gdt5016 said:
I will say whatever was going on with that guy's head was cool. Great makeup.

Thought the same thing.

It's just that the whole OMG RANDOM GUY WHO HAS NEVER BEEN IN THE SHOW BEFORE IS GETTING REVENGE ON SOMEONE plot has been done 100 times in the show. 78 of those times were to Lex.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Why did they take the shot of Narrows from Gotham City and put it in Smallville?

At least use some other movie, not one that is directly related to it yet completely out of context.

Kevin

Overall I really enjoyed this episode. My only complaint would be Lois getting knocked out. That's getting a bit ridiculous at this point. Really loved the end scene with Zod and I actually really like the actor they went with. Anyways, here is a trailer showing footage from several upcoming episodes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuUkwYjok8k

Okay I actually liked that episode a lot more then last weeks.

Yeah people unconscious.

It's based off a comic book and it can barely keep up with them in writing. What do you guys expect?:lol

This isn't high art we're watching here. It's a TV show about a young Superman. Enjoy it for what it is.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Solo said:
That was crappy. I cant stand the actor playing Zod. They way he speaks is so incredibly odd.
He's better suited for comedic/pathetic characters. See: Dead Like Me.

Medalion

Banned
I knew Zod was going to fly as soon as he was at the edge of the building... also I mean how did he get up there without going through the Planet?

Clark's blood not only saved Zod, it was the secret to giving Zod his powers.

Clark resumes his role as big dumb ass alien.

Also this episode referenced and setups Cyborg/John Corbin's inevitable return.

Medalion said:
I knew Zod was going to fly as soon as he was at the edge of the building... also I mean how did he get up there without going through the Planet?

Clark's blood not only saved Zod, it was the secret to giving Zod his powers.

Clark resumes his role as big dumb ass alien.

Also this episode referenced and setups Cyborg/John Corbin's inevitable return.
Metallo's return.

Cyborg is a different Bot.

I'm surprised nobody is complaining about Clark's miracle blood. That bugged the hell out of me. I know his blood was used to resurrect Adam Knight but this just looked silly.

Medalion

Banned
Remember when Clark's blood cured people of their Zombification? That to me was just as dumb, but at least with Zod's similar genetic background, there is more sense to me.

Thunder Monkey said:
Metallo's return.

Cyborg is a different Bot.

Yes thank you, that's who I meant, I was tired.

Medalion said:
Remember when Clark's blood cured people of their Zombification? That to me was just as dumb, but at least with Zod's similar genetic background, there is more sense to me.

No, problem my little snuggle bunny.

Guys, Clark in Smallville is a realistic Jesus. Oh course his blood heals... he's Jesus.

Medalion said:

He should have fed clone Jor-El some of his blood.

Medalion

Banned
Thunder Monkey said:
No, problem my little snuggle bunny.

Guys, Clark in Smallville is a realistic Jesus. Oh course his blood heals... he's Jesus.

Many times on the show he's been referred to as a savior.

There was a cult dedicated to the traveller, the savior that would save their doomed planet.

KamenSenshi

i know lots of things use the future-flash for their premise but has anyone else noticed that this season smallville is doing a better heroes than heroes? its like s1 heroes, we get the future stuff to stop, people about getting powers, zod/claire being dead and brought back with the "woah" camera angle, even when zod was about to fall from the building it was from the same angle and movement from when peter did it. not knocking smallville at all, just found it funny.

Medalion

Banned
I know it's been said, but it's beyond embarressing that every body with Kryptonian powers have learned to fly as soon as they get their powers, than dumbass Clark who has lived with these powers all his life, and still hasn't gotten it right short of a super high jump ability :lol

msv

Medalion said:
I know it's been said, but it's beyond embarressing that every body with Kryptonian powers have learned to fly as soon as they get their powers, than dumbass Clark who has lived with these powers all his life, and still hasn't gotten it right short of a super high jump ability :lol
Isn't that because of DC though? The IP contract prevents them from having Clark fly and donning his suit, probably lots of other stuff too. Don't know where I got that from, so I'm not sure.

ZeoVGM

Banned
msv said:
Isn't that because of DC though? The IP contract prevents them from having Clark fly and donning his suit, probably lots of other stuff too. Don't know where I got that from, so I'm not sure.

Nah, the IP contract prevents them from using Batman and Wonder Woman.

They CAN have Clark fly and wear a suit but they've decided not to. I think we'll see Clark fly in the season finale.

KamenSenshi

wasnt there some talk of when clark wears the suit the show ends? it almost seems like they are gonna save flying until then. have him open his shirt to reveal the S, then fly away in a red & blue streak. it would be nice to see him fly before that, though i can see why they would wait since its the one major aspect of superman that he doesnt have yet. its funny to think back to when bullets would actually leave wounds in like the first season to now where he is superman in all but name and flight. it does make him look retarded that within seconds of people realizing they have power they fly while he still cant though.

Medalion

Banned
I get the contractual thing but it's just holding him back and making him just seem more moronic...harder to take him seriously as the man to be Superman, especially since the show has been going on as long as it has and will.

Flash said:
REALLY disliked this episode. i really thought were were passed the moronic clark angle...

Yeah, I don't know if disliked the episode as much as you but I do see it as a stepback after Clark's take-charge moment when he leveled the tower.

I agree with the Guy that said the makeup for the villian was great.

As soon as Lois met that guy, a couple of things became obvious.

1. She would get abducted by him.

2. This would lead to her getting knocked out, most probably by the favoured glass table.

3. The "bad guy" would have a retarded demise.

Meus Renaissance said:
As soon as Lois met that guy, a couple of things became obvious.

1. She would get abducted by him.

2. This would lead to her getting knocked out, most probably by the favoured glass table.

3. The "bad guy" would have a retarded demise.

Eh, that's the Smallville way.

How about this one?

Not only does Chloe have the ability to steal money, but access to enough meteor rock to fill a crate w/ weapons fashioned out of it.

The thing about Smallville is, for the most part, it adheres to it's own logic.

I can respect that.

Medalion

Banned
I had a dream last night with Kristin Kreuk and Alison Mack in it. No I don't mean Lana and Chloe, just the actresses.

I dunno it was weird because I've never dreamt of either of them, let alone both together. Don't worry it was all PG rated :/

spidye

Medalion said:
I had a dream last night with Kristin Kreuk and Alison Mack in it. No I don't mean Lana and Chloe, just the actresses.

I dunno it was weird because I've never dreamt of either of them, let alone both together. Don't worry it was all PG rated :/
ahhhh...that's disappointing

KamenSenshi said:
its funny to think back to when bullets would actually leave wounds in like the first season to now where he is superman in all but name and flight.
what? I don't remember any wounds from bullets. did he really got injured?

Medalion

Banned
It may have ripped his clothes, I don't recall him ever bleeding him unless you count the times he had his powers stripped away or was weakened by Kryptonite

Medalion

Banned
It would be partially explained that he was still a "teenager" in season 1 and his abilities were slow developing through adolescence. He may have always had super strength (lifting a truck as a toddler) but his "man of steel" resistance to most damage probably gets better as he gets older.

KamenSenshi

Yeah I just meant that it would leave bruises on him. The episode I had in mind he was shielding someone, possibly Pete or half knocked out lex. He was kinda shocked I beloved that he could take a bullet.

jhenedo

Banned
Actually they can not. There is an ongoing (not sure if it still is) case between dc and the creaters of superboy. Clark taking up a suit or flying are said to be direct infringements together with other small things. Google it.

jhenedo

Banned
ryutaro's mama said:
Eh, that's the Smallville way.

How about this one?

Not only does Chloe have the ability to steal money, but access to enough meteor rock to fill a crate w/ weapons fashioned out of it.

The thing about Smallville is, for the most part, it adheres to it's own logic.

I can respect that.

Eh, chloe grew up in smallville a place filled with tons of kryptonite?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Superman's abilities become more radical as he ages and absorbs more sunlight. In most stories, there's no limit to how powerful he can become though in others he tops out and begins to weaken with old age.

Clark in Smallville definitely gets stronger every season.

v0yce

jhenedo said:
Actually they can not. There is an ongoing (not sure if it still is) case between dc and the creaters of superboy. Clark taking up a suit or flying are said to be direct infringements together with other small things. Google it.

I thought the whole "no tights, no flight" thing was just a stance the original creators took to separate the show from other versions.

Although now that they're gone I don't know why he doesn't fly.

mYm|17|

wohooo 10th season, kinda figured it would though

http://www.kryptonsite.com/news.htm

Here's the press release:

The CW Network has announced that its hit series “Smallville” will return in the fall of 2010 for a momentous tenth season.

“Smallville,” a modern retelling of the Superman legend, stars Tom Welling as Clark Kent. The series moved to Friday nights this season, where it currently ranks as network television’s #1 show in its time period among men 18-34 and men 18-49. Additionally, “Smallville” has dramatically improved The CW’s ratings performance in its Friday 8:00-9:00p.m.time period by 67% among adults 18-34 (1.5/6), 200% in men 18-34 (1.8/7), 75% in adults 18-49 (1.4/5), 183% in men 18-49 (1.7/6) and 74% in total viewers (3.12million).

“Smallville” joins the five previously announced series – “The Vampire Diaries,” “Gossip Girl,” “90210,” “Supernatural” and “America’s Next Top Model” – which will all return for another season on The CW.

“Smallville” was developed for television by Alfred Gough & Miles Millar (“Shanghai Noon,” “The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor”), based on the DC Comics characters. Kelly Souders & Brian Peterson serve as executive producers, along with James Marshall, Mike Tollin, Brian Robbins and Joe Davola. The series is produced by Tollin/Robbins Productions, Millar/Gough Ink and Warner Bros. Television. SUPERMAN was created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom