• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Smallville Season 9 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Medalion said:
The 10th season has to be non-stop mythos nerd heavy shit that leads up to actual Superman please.
This.

ohhh and it better not be that final episode and the last scene you see is him as Superman and it ends like in Berserk

Medalion

Banned
It pretty much is going to be that way I figure. The final shot is of Clark donning the Superman costume and Cape and flying for the first time as Superman.

Teh Hamburglar said:
Will they rename the show "Justice League"? Are they even in Smallville anymore?
They keep the name Smallville because less intelligent people will become confused and stop watching the show.

Those of us with message board capable skills are not so easily confused.

Though very easily entertained.

Kevin

We now finally have episode titles for the final two episodes of season nine:

Episode #9.21: "Hostage" (episode with Martha Kent and Perry White)
Episode #9.22: "Salvation" (season finale)

I'm certainly intrigued by the title of the season finale. I really hope the episode doesn't bomb like Doomsday did last year.

Solo

Damnit, the press release doesnt even say 10th AND FINAL season. Goddamnit, S11, here we go. Why didnt I bail 6-7 years ago? :lol :lol

KamenSenshi

nice, 10th season is a go. right on i hope they are planning it out or gettin some ideas in mind for how it will end. now they just gotta keep up what theyre doin now, cause this season has been nice

ZeoVGM

Banned
Solo said:
Damnit, the press release doesnt even say 10th AND FINAL season. Goddamnit, S11, here we go. Why didnt I bail 6-7 years ago? :lol :lol

:lol

Good thing you didn't considering the current season! :D

Van Owen

Banned
It is ridiculous that Clark is in his early 30s and can't fly. :lol

As long as he hovers people will be happy since they've teased for so long. Hell, people were blown away the firr time they saw the costume at ComicCon and it's just a black shirt and trenchcoat. :lol

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Van Owen said:

As long as he hovers people will be happy since they've teased for so long. Hell, people were blown away the firr time they saw the costume at ComicCon and it's just a black shirt and trenchcoat. :lol
Clark is at most 23 years old. The show started when he was a freshman in high school.

Seth C

Van Owen said:

He's only 23.

Really.

...yeah.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Van Owen said:

The actor is in his early 30's. The character is in his early 20's.

Van Owen

Banned
I know he is still in his 20s on the show (it's called exaggeration) but it's still ridiculous. If he is working full-time at the Planet and not going to school, fought Zod, Brainiac, Doomsday etc a handful of times he should be fucking flying. If they want to stick with the whole "it's a show about Clark not Superman" thing they should not be bringing in main villains, or at the very least just start calling the show Metropolis and have him fly.

Fuck, by the time the show ends Clark very well good be 30.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Van Owen said:
I know he is still in his 20s on the show (it's called exaggeration) but it's still ridiculous. If he is working full-time at the Planet and not going to school, fought Zod, Brainiac, Doomsday etc a handful of times he should be fucking flying. If they want to stick with the whole "it's a show about Clark not Superman" thing they should not be bringing in main villains, or at the very least just start calling the show Metropolis and have him fly.

Fuck, by the time the show ends Clark very well good be 30.

*shrug*

I've always looked at it as Ultimate Superman. If it were the DC Universe, it would simply be another Earth where everything happened differently.

Medalion

Banned
I loved at one point it was a reluctant late move to move Clark from highschool to College because he looked too old to be in highschool :lol

Hawk SE

You know I had an idea a few years ago that since they were no longer in Smallville to just call Smallville 'Metropolis'.

Season 10 is going to require flight, or THE costume - really both.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
The moment he flies is when he'll truly become Superman and that's not happening until the series finale.

I'm just hoping for a better costume. Something red and blue isn't too much to ask.

Medalion

Banned
They've teased us with it long enough, to abandon it and go in a completely different direction... the real secret is Clark discovers he wants to be Batman (thus all the black he's wearing now and standing on rooftops) :lol

Solo

Hrm...the best news in all of this is that Greg Beeman is directing the S9 finale. He, along with James Marshall, were easily the two best directors the show ever had and really established the visual tone of the series. Beeman left after S5 to work on Heroes, which he was fired from last year. He also directed the best episode in the series (Smallville), the S3 premiere "Exile". Having him directing Smallville again is more exciting than the S10 renewal for me.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Medalion said:
I loved at one point it was a reluctant late move to move Clark from highschool to College because he looked too old to be in highschool :lol

What do you mean? He DID look too old but that's not why they moved him to high school. Every season, 1-4, was a year of high school. 1 was his freshman year and 4 was his senior year.

Solo said:
Hrm...the best news in all of this is that Greg Beeman is directing the S9 finale. He, along with James Marshall, were easily the two best directors the show ever had and really established the visual tone of the series. Beeman left after S5 to work on Heroes, which he was fired from last year. He also directed the best episode in the series (Smallville), the S3 premiere "Exile". Having him directing Smallville again is more exciting than the S10 renewal for me.

That's pretty awesome actually.

Kevin said:
Awesome new trailer has been released which also has a bit of humor in it. Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfKSrCVIjqU

:D

That's great.

ZeoVGM

Banned
I forgot to post what I even came into the thread to post in the first place.

JSA is returning this season!

Geoff Johns appeared at the Emerald City Comic-Con in Seattle this weekend, and among other things he had this to say:

"They do appear again at the end of season on 'Smallville.' The hope is for every DC character to appear outside the comic book. Correctly."

Medalion

Banned
omg rite said:
What do you mean? He DID look too old but that's not why they moved him to high school. Every season, 1-4, was a year of high school. 1 was his freshman year and 4 was his senior year.

That's pretty awesome actually.

That's great.

You misunderstood my quote. I wasn't laughing because it was absurd to take him out of highschool, I was laughing because it was very obvious he was too old to be in highschool.

KamenSenshi

so if they are wanting to have every DC hero appear, i wonder if we will get wonder woman? we already had super girl, jsa/jla, im just wondering what other "big" hero that could show up. obviously not batman. plus the quote did say "correctly", so who could show up and fit in the smallville universe?

KamenSenshi said:
so if they are wanting to have every DC hero appear, i wonder if we will get wonder woman? we already had super girl, jsa/jla, im just wondering what other "big" hero that could show up. obviously not batman. plus the quote did say "correctly", so who could show up and fit in the smallville universe?

Well he didn't say on Smallville specifically. Now that he's DC Guru to Hollywood, there will be many possibilities.

DAMN DAMN DAMN

According to Michael's Twitter account:

Lots of good news coming soon. I have to shut up until I'm allowed to say something. Patience young jedi's.

Sorry. It's not Smallville related. I've already stated that I'm not returning. I'd never lead you guys on like that. I appreciate your support.

ZeoVGM

Banned
So lame that he won't return. If this next big thing doesn't do wonders for his career, I would hope he stops being stubborn about it.

If he doesn't at least go back for the final episode or two, that will suck.

Ashhong

probably because his final seasons were embarrassingly bad

maybe he hasnt bothered to watch this season and see how much it's improved

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Lex had became so stale you can't be shocked he isn't willing to come back, regardless of the way his career is going. And since Lex was stale, I have a hard time being upset with his decision.

KamenSenshi

they have improved alot since then. i thought he always said he would come back for the end. maybe it was just a maybe.

ZeoVGM

Banned
1269442549.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom