• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Smallville Season 9 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
omg rite said:
1269442549.jpg

Where is this from?

http://robot6.comicbookresources.co...reators-sue-warner-bros-over-licensing-deals/

Smallville, the long-running television series that's already part of the dispute between Warner Bros. and the Siegel family, is now at the center of another legal battle.

The Hollywood Reporter's legal blog, THR, Esq., reports that Smallville creators and longtime executive producers Miles Millar and Alfred Gough, and series co-producer Tollin/Robbins Prods., have sued Warner Bros. Television, claiming the division made license-fee deals with The WB Television Network and its successor The CW Television Network that "were not arms-length."

The lawsuit, filed on Friday, accuses Warner Bros. of licensing Smallville for broadcast on its co-owned WB and CW networks "for unreasonably low, below-market license fees, resulting in lower gross revenues for the series and less compensation for plaintiffs, and failing to renegotiate the series' license fee to cover its production cost." The plaintiffs also say Warner Bros. sold the series to foreign markets in a package with other, less-successful shows, resulting in a misallocation of licensing fees.

Kevin

That clip looked pretty funny. The trailer for the episode showed another embarrassing scene between Oliver and Clark. Should make for a funny episode. Also the DC character
The Silver Banshee
makes an appearance in this episode. :D

Kevin

Apparently the grim reaper is visiting Smallville again in the finale:

Smallville’s ninth season finale will feature a cameo by one of TV’s most feared guest stars: The Grim Reaper. Sources confirm to me exclusively that producers of the everlasting superhero saga are planning to kill off a major castmember in the May 14 capper. And if the death of “Jimmy Olsen” last May taught us anything, it’s that no one — and I mean no one — is safe on Smallville. Okay, Clark is safe. But everyone else is fair game. A few characters are particularly vulnerable, which is my roundabout way of me saying the victim is listed after the jump!

I can confirm that one of these eight folks will be in grave danger come May 14:

* Lois: Okay, Clark and Lois are safe. But everyone else is fair game.

* Chloe: Allison Mack doesn’t have a contract for next season yet. Just putting that out there. Also, can you think of a more compelling hook to season 10 than Clark attempting to avenge the death of his BFF — a character who just so happens to live outside the jurisdiction of DC Comics’ mythos police?

* Lana: Rumor has it Kristin Kreuk was spotted on the Smallville set this week. Rumor also has it I fabricated the above rumor just to make trouble. Finally, there’s a rumor going around that one of the previous two rumors is 100 percent true. All joking aside, rumor has it KK is currently in Vancouver. Or is she? I’ve said too much!

* Perry: His return later this season is top-secret… so top-secret it makes one wonder.

* Martha: Her return later this season is top-secret… so top-secret it makes one wonder.

* Oliver: Green Arrow is a DC Comics property, but so was Jimmy Olsen. Death by loophole, perhaps?

* Tess: With Michael Rosenbaum attached to a new series, the odds of him returning as Lex have never been smaller. What does that mean for his placeholder? I imagine only bad things.

* Zod: He’s this season’s Big Bad. And by my calculations, this season is almost up.

So, who’s dying?! That’s for me to know and you to find out spend the next two months obsessing over in the comments section.

Source:

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/03/30/smallville-finale-death-spoiler/

I'm going with Zod and Chloe as the second choice. I am pretty sure that the other General Zod is still out there somewhere which would likely mean that Major Zod would be killed some how. Just my guess though.

Also there will be a new episode on this Friday (8PM Eastern) which introduces the DC character,
The Silver Banshee
. Thankfully there won't be anymore hiatuses for the rest of the season.

Kevin

Here are a few more "Non April Fools Day" stories for those interested. The first story is an interview with producer, Kelly Souders who talks about season nine and ten. While not hugely spoilerific, it does give us a sense of what direction the show is going in and that they know what the fans want:

http://www.popcultureshock.com/smallville-showrunner-kelly-souders/55025/

The next story is relating to Chloe Sulivan and deals with some spoilers of what's coming for her character. Apparently "Sacrifice" is a Chloe heavy episode and deals with her devotion to Watchtower and what that may do to her. You can read the story here:

http://www.tvguidemagazine.com/smallville/love-and-adventure-for-chloe-sullivan-4523.html

Next, TV Guide has the scoop on Maxwell Lord including a pretty cool image:

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/6829/80712458.jpg

A description for episode 19, "Charade" has been released:

FRIDAY, APRIL 23

“SMALLVILLE” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET)
“Charade” (CONTENT RATING TBD) (HDTV sptv050769)

DC COMICS’ CHARACTER MAXWELL LORD VISITS METROPOLIS — Lois (Erica Durance) investigates the early prison release of ex-District Attorney Raymond Sacks (guest star Dylan Neal) but he threatens her with a gun when confronted. The Blur (Tom Welling) saves her, but is captured on film by a delivery guy (guest star Dustin Schwartz) who plans to sell the photo to Sacks. Lois and Clark each attempt to thwart the delivery of the photo and run into Maxwell Lord (guest star Gil Bellows, “Ally McBeal”), a wealthy tycoon and Checkmate operative, who is trying to learn The Blur’s identity to eliminate him. Meanwhile, Chloe (Allison Mack) discovers Zod’s (Callum Blue) secret. Brian Peterson directed the episode written by Don Whitehead & Holly Henderson (#3x5269).

Smallville returns tomorrow for the 16th episode, "Escape". :D

ZeoVGM

Banned
I know Chloe is an option for the death but I think that's only if they can't get her back for season 10. I feel like the whole Watchtower thing is too important. If they kill her, who runs it?

I mean, Zod is the most likely candidate but I think Tess' time might be just about up too.

As far as Chloe goes, I still consider Smallville to be Ultimate Superman and that the writers should try some different things from time to time. Since last season I've thought that rather than kill her off, they should terribly wound her -- to the point of being paralyzed from the waist down -- making her wheelchair bound. She would run the day-to-day activities of the Watchtower in this state and start to go by the nickname (you see where this is going by now) Oracle.

I mean why the hell not? She basically IS at this point.

Kevin

I really do hope they come up with a nice twist for Chloe instead of the fate that happened to "Henry" James Olson. I can personally come up with a ton of cool ideas so there is no reason for the writers not to be able to do the same. Hope tonight's episode is good. :D

The person that's going to die is Zod.

Darkseid is going to kill him.

It's going to be a cliffhanger. A boom tube is going to open and the Omega Effect is gonna kill Zod, powers and all. It will be a night scene, no parademons, but Granny Goodness, and the female furies will be there.

It will be cheesy, but the geek in me might die.

I HAVE NO SCRIPT I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN!

But I know what I want to happen, regardless of how bad they might fuck it up. I liked their version of Doomsday. Actually loved it. The finale sucked, and a few episodes prior to that actually. :lol

But they got the look of Doomsday down in Bride, and he looked fine in the finale.

They've even got a human form of Darkseid to exploit if they want!

Just Darkseid dammit! Don't delve too deeply into the New Gods stuff.

edit: I have only one thing to add. That monkey nipple up there is freaking me the fuck ou.

Solo

God, Clark is so gay. He has a room with a fine piece of ass like that, and what do they do? Go to bed :lol :lol

Wasn't thrilled about this episode. The Silver Banshee was a dull villain and the Tess/Zod stuff doesn't interest me at all. The relationship banter was pretty good though.

Clark got beaten in that short fight.
He should of just supersped around her and then do a suckerpunch.

Serously I could use Clarks powers so much more better than him. And smarter too.

ZeoVGM

Banned
TheVampire said:
Clark got beaten in that short fight.
He should of just supersped around her and then do a suckerpunch.

Serously I could use Clarks powers so much more better than him. And smarter too.

That would be the problem with Superman as a character. Every fight on this show could be ended in a split second. But that's just the nature of Superman.

Medalion

Banned
This last episode was ok... I thought they were going for a Haunted House/Halloween vibe in April? But only because it had Silver Banshee in it, which I wasn't aware was a Superman villaiin.

I love the fact Banshee screams these sonic waves at Clark and he chooses to shoot his heat vision...which btw he is using a LOT this season. He really needs to change it up his attacks.

I hear next episode will really rock though.

My dislike of Clark gets stronger every season. I'm still annoyed at how, at every season, there seems to be this episode that is strongly based on the mythology of Superman and Clark learning to accept his destiny. And then the next set of episodes is just completely BS like nothing ever happened. I understand they need to keep this thing alive for as long as possible, but it's doing nothing for the quality of the story.

The Justice League episode was amazing. Michael Shanks and Co carried the entire episode and made me realise just how weak of characters the others are.

Solo

Pam Grier is looking a bit rough these days. Episode did nothing for me but the comic book-esque action sequences were kind of neat.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Just watched last weeks episode, which was very fun. I loved all the awkward conversations. :lol

I'll watch tonight's tomorrow.

Poyunch

Watching it right now. Boy they sure went "special effects-happy" with this episode. And yum at Martian Manhunter sfx. I love they way the portray him in this show.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Meus Renaissance said:
My dislike of Clark gets stronger every season. I'm still annoyed at how, at every season, there seems to be this episode that is strongly based on the mythology of Superman and Clark learning to accept his destiny. And then the next set of episodes is just completely BS like nothing ever happened. I understand they need to keep this thing alive for as long as possible, but it's doing nothing for the quality of the story.

The Justice League episode was amazing. Michael Shanks and Co carried the entire episode and made me realise just how weak of characters the others are.

Is that Brandon Routh in your avatar?

Flash

wow pretty good episode. just proof that episodes without the idiot zod are soo much better.

i've been so disappointed with the zod angle. since the episode with jor-el, zod-centric episodes have been pretty poor.

doesn't help that his accent is annoying as hell too.

Poyunch

Flash said:
wow pretty good episode. just proof that episodes without the idiot zod are soo much better.

i've been so disappointed with the zod angle. since the episode with jor-el, zod-centric episodes have been pretty poor.

doesn't help that his accent is annoying as hell too.
I prefer to call him Mr. Peanut Butter.

omg rite said:
But it's the Routh costume.
Ah you're right. :O Man the resemblance is truly scary.

ZeoVGM

Banned
So we already knew one of them but it looks like the season finale is going to have a slew of heroes:
Black Canary, Cyborg, Hawkman, and Stargirl

Yes, that is awesome. Here's hoping it doesn't feel as rushed as last year's finale.

I thought they over used the Slow-Mo initially. But that last fight scene with Clark was probably some of the best directing in Smallville I've ever seen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom