• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Smallville Season 9 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milabrega

Hey Cyborg's back! Just another benefit of Flash Forward being canceled. Aqua Man's on Blue Mountain State so that's why he isn't around, what's up with Impulse(Flash)?

Deadly

Spike Spiegel said:
Brutal Tess is brutal. But it looks like
Ashhong called it, Tess gets burned down by Zod. Sorry Tess fans.
She's not dead though. I hope she stays for next season, she was a decent character. Plus she's fucking hot.

Deadly

Africa? I remember the Superman graphic novel I read for class had Lois going to Africa at one point then Clark going and that's where he pretty much got his calling to become Superman and when he came back bam that's when he got the suit. Maybe the show is doing something similar?

Deadly

ReiGun said:
Nice move there Zod. Whisper around people with super hearing? Why not?
Yeah that was hilarious :lol But what a fucking cliffhanger, Smallville really knows how to do their season finales. Aren't the people that caught up to Oliver just Checkmate people?

Wow, I think they made up for last season's Doomsday fight with that one. And :O at that cliffhanger ending, might be one of the best of the series.

Deadly said:
Yeah that was hilarious :lol But what a fucking cliffhanger, Smallville really knows how to do their season finales. Aren't the people that caught up to Oliver just Checkmate people?
From Chloe's monitor they were moving at superspeed around Oliver's position, though.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
OH SHIT :O

Fuck that cliff hanger, Clark better fucking pull that out and fly In the first episode.

That episode did shit all over Doomsday.

Solo

Holy fuck. WOW WOW WOW. That was the best episode of Smallville since the S5 premiere, and the best finale since the S4 one. I didnt think Smallville had an episode like that left in it. Well done, Smallville! Best episode since 2005.

Rokam

Deadly said:

I'm assuming it's the Suicide Squad being put into action.

Milabrega

Great episode. Granny Goodness going to rescue Tess and make her a member of the Furies?

Deadly said:
Aren't the people that caught up to Oliver just Checkmate people?

I'm thinking they are minions from Apokolips.

ReiGun

Awesome final fight. As much as I want Clark to fly out, Van Owen is probably right about Martian catching him. :/

Poor Oliver. He just can't stop getting captured.

Ashhong

just started the finale. what an awsome opener! fucking teasers. and the suit!!!!

lol @ the graffiti. and cyborg!!!!

LOIS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHYYYYYY DID YOU TAKE ITT

I'm glad I'm not the only one assuming/hoping for season 10 to involve Darkseid. If 10 is the final season, I felt he would be the best character to go out on with Clark finally becoming Superman.

Ashhong

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK this show has the best cliffhangers. GOD DAMMIT!

Matrix said:
OH SHIT :O

Fuck that cliff hanger, Clark better fucking pull that out and fly In the first episode.

That episode did shit all over Doomsday.

Wouldnt that just make Clark ascend as well? Someone needs to pull the key out. I was really expecting Lois to show up and save Clark at that last moment though, glad it didnt happen. Really hoping he pulls it out and flys away before ascending..goddamn what an end.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Holy shit. It's like they heard all the complaints about last year's season finale and decided to make one of the best season finales, if not the best, in the entire series. Season 4 is awfully close but this one was just exciting throughout.

Solo said:
Holy fuck. WOW WOW WOW. That was the best episode of Smallville since the S5 premiere, and the best finale since the S4 one. I didnt think Smallville had an episode like that left in it. Well done, Smallville! Best episode since 2005.

Yep. And I think part of it has to do with it being directed by one of the old school Smallville directors. It sure felt like one of the finales prior to season 6.

Seriously, the best cliffhangers in any of the finales simply because they're so open and we can't easily guess the answers. They're not Kandorians? Then who the hell are they?

Milabrega said:
Great episode. Granny Goodness going to rescue Tess and make her a member of the Furies?

This one too. Who in the hell was that? There was a small part of me that thought it was Lex and that would be the final big cliffhanger but seeing as he recently said he definitely wasn't coming back I didn't go with that. Can't imagine who that would be though.

Bravo, Smallville. Bring on season 10!

ZeoVGM

Banned
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Granny_Goodness

It just has to be Darkseid. And if that's the case, I'm not worried. Smallville did Doomsday very well (until the ending of the season with the origin and finale episodes -- up until then it was great). And they did a great job with Zod.

Edit: And to the person above who said this, I agree it would be the best opening to a Smallville premiere ever. Clark pulls the dagger out of himself, throws it away, and flies off. BOOM. Opening credits.

Poyunch

Gaaaaahhhh such a great episode but I'm still mad at the cliffhanger. What's up with Zod? I don't understand his logic. Either way his plan was flawed.

Why stab Clark? Wouldn't that mean he stays on Earth (although powerless)? Why didn't Zod use the blue kryptonite instead? I understand that using the blue kryptonite would also make him powerless but would that mean staying on Earth. Or is it one of those things where if you're in the proximity of blue kryptonite you wouldn't be affected. Why couldn't Clark think of that?

Nitpicks aside, great episode although I did want some closure (and the opening was a big tease :lol).

Ashhong

omg rite said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Granny_Goodness

It just has to be Darkseid. And if that's the case, I'm not worried. Smallville did Doomsday very well (until the ending of the season with the origin and finale episodes -- up until then it was great). And they did a great job with Zod.

Edit: And to the person above who said this, I agree it would be the best opening to a Smallville premiere ever. Clark pulls the dagger out of himself, throws it away, and flies off. BOOM. Opening credits.

If he pulls out the dagger, wouldn't he ascend up as well? Otherwise Zod could have just flown away.

Can someone summarize Darkseid and Apokalypse?

PounchEnvy said:
Gaaaaahhhh such a great episode but I'm still mad at the cliffhanger. What's up with Zod? I don't understand his logic. Either way his plan was flawed.

Why stab Clark? Wouldn't that mean he stays on Earth (although powerless)? Why didn't Zod use the blue kryptonite instead? I understand that using the blue kryptonite would also make him powerless but would that mean staying on Earth. Or is it one of those things where if you're in the proximity of blue kryptonite you wouldn't be affected. Why couldn't Clark think of that?

Nitpicks aside, great episode although I did want some closure (and the opening was a big tease :lol).

You could tell that Zod didn't think about it fully. Clark let Zod stab him because he realized that while he would "die", Zod would be forced to leave. I dont quite understand what you are nitpicking about the dagger. They were fighting, trying to kill each other. I'm not sure what Zod would have done after stabbing Clark though. And yes, if you are near the blue, like the green, you are affected.

mercboyz

wow, now that was a season finale. Great fight scene, that opening teaser was just pure awesome and Clark finally stepped up.

Can't wait till next season. I might pull a Cartman to speed up the time till September!

go-god-go-part-2-20061102015236763.jpg

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
It was really good, I didn't like how they had the Justice League in there for about 2 minutes though. Don't know what they could have done though.

Ashhong

yea, really wished we could have had a more epic fight with Justice League vs Kandorians, but this is Smallville. i should be happy with what we got, especially compared to last year. one thing though, when doing slo-mo, please do not slo-mo the voices as well. i found it really lame when i was hearing a slow version of NOOOOO or AHHHH at the end. other shows/movies dont do that iirc.

netguy503

Hmmm...no one seems to mention that Lois finally made the Clark/blur connection finally when the Blur kissed her ( nice throw back to Lois and Clark's Lois as well, as that is how that Lois discovered that he was Superman on that series). When the blur leaves her after kissing her she goes "Clark?". To me, that is the biggest thing out of this season finale (and not so much Clark getting stabbed). If we can open the last season with all the core characters knowing both identities just think of all the possibilities that could set up. Anyway, just my opinion on the finale. I really enjoyed it. I think season two's finale was still the best though IMHO.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I really need to check out seasons 7 and 8 so I can catch up before season 9 comes out on dvd.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Ashhong said:
If he pulls out the dagger, wouldn't he ascend up as well? Otherwise Zod could have just flown away.

Yeah but they can work around that. I assumed it was just taking away the Kryptonians in that area on the roof. Otherwise, Kara would have just been sucked up into the sky, wherever she is in the world currently. That would be an "oops" moment. :lol

netguy503 said:
Hmmm...no one seems to mention that Lois finally made the Clark/blur connection finally when the Blur kissed her ( nice throw back to Lois and Clark's Lois as well, as that is how that Lois discovered that he was Superman on that series). When the blur leaves her after kissing her she goes "Clark?". To me, that is the biggest thing out of this season finale (and not so much Clark getting stabbed). If we can open the last season with all the core characters knowing both identities just think of all the possibilities that could set up. Anyway, just my opinion on the finale. I really enjoyed it. I think season two's finale was still the best though IMHO.

Agreed. I really hope that it's not something they try to work their way around. Let Lois know, yeah before he becomes Superman. It's not the comics, so it doesn't have to be exact. And let's face it, we don't want next season to be filled with "Clark, why won't you tell me!?!?" shit like what happened with Lana.

It would be nice to have her in on it as it would definitely open up some more possibilities. I for one would love seeing Lois' reaction to Chloe's Watchtower. :lol

Poyunch

Ashhong said:

Can someone summarize Darkseid and Apokalypse?

You could tell that Zod didn't think about it fully. Clark let Zod stab him because he realized that while he would "die", Zod would be forced to leave. I dont quite understand what you are nitpicking about the dagger. They were fighting, trying to kill each other. I'm not sure what Zod would have done after stabbing Clark though. And yes, if you are near the blue, like the green, you are affected.
Yeah I just thought what Zod did was pretty stupid. Anyway even though I understand that that's how kryptonite works I didn't think it was enough to make a krpytonian become "human". I understand that the kryptonian wouldn't have powers anymore but hypothetically he/she would still be a kryptonian.

PounchEnvy said:

Zod didn't stab Clark at the end. Clark pulled Zod's arm himself. Essentially, he willingly sacrificed his life so that Zod could be taken with the rest of the Kandorians.

Listen to what he said right beforehand:

"You already destroyed my first home, I won't let you take this one!"

Why else would Zod look so surprised at the sight of Clark being stabbed? He did look happy for a second, but he didn't put two and two together fast enough to realize that he was going to be taken by the Book of Rao once Clark fell with the dagger in him.

And about Clark taking the dagger out and flying away, he'd need someone to take out the Book of Rao to not be taken himself, I'd think. Plus, I'd think with no powers and as many wounds that he has, he wouldn't be able to pull it out himself anyway.

Excellent season finale. Many great developments:
The opening, oh, the OPENING!!!
The special effects felt a little more special.
We got to see (most of) the full team. Even though I'd love to had seen them fight the Kandorians.
Lois finally figured it out. We'll see if it sticks (hopefully with this being the last season, it does).
WHO TOOK OLIVER?! And who was that that went to see Tess? Are they really going to go with Darkseid? That'd be over the top, and a great way to go out.
End fight was MUCH better than last season. That one uppercut Clark gave Zod was such a Superman punch.

Loved it, and was screaming at the screen when the "TO BE CONTINUED..." appeared on the screen. Can't wait till September.

ZeoVGM

Banned
vectorman06 said:
I'm guessing the real Jimmy Olson grew up and became a Photo Journalist?

No reason to spoiler that. It could have just been a simple dream Clark had and not a true glimpse of the future. However, if it was a true glimpse of the future, you just made me realize something.

Which would be that no: the "real" Jimmy Olsen didn't grow up and become a photo journalist. Why? Because the dream takes place in 2013. We were introduced to the "real" Jimmy Olsen in last year's finale when he was like 8, meaning he would be maybe 12 or 13 years old when that dream takes place. In which case, I kind of doubt he's working for the Planet as Lois' photographer. :lol

I doubt the dream or the fact that Olsen's name was mentioned will ever really be brought up again, so I'm just going to tell myself that means the Jimmy we know ends up coming back to life. ;]

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
What a fucking great fucking WOW episode.
It's like they decided to reward us for our patience.

Vyer

I haven't been keeping up with this season as much but am still DVRing it. lol. Because of this thread I remembered to watch the finale.

Wow. Great, great episode.

I paused and went frame by frame in the intro to see how much of
Superman lifting the helicopter from underneath
I could see in the reflection of the globe. :D

Kevin

One of the best episodes in years. Amazing all around and I can't wait to see the continuation. The introduction to the episode was freakin awesome too. :D

Van Owen said:
Meh. Martian will catch him or something.

More interested in who got Oliver and who the lady knitting was...

Yeah, who the hell got Oliver and who was the lady knitting??? Awesome season finale. Definitely the best in years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom