• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Smallville Season 9 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Kevin said:
This was one of the best episodes of the season. I was really impressed and it actually didn't feel low budget for a change. Some really awesome plot scenes and coolness. Next episode brings back a couple old characters... :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt4IB8xPjzE

Fuck yes. :D

About time too. I'd love to see them as part of the cast for the 10th and most likely final season too. Just give them half-season contracts like Erica Durance had up until this year.

Ashhong

omg rite said:
His first time writing, apparently.

Interesting. Watching it now, dont understand how Zod got the arrow in his leg when he zoomed around. Pretty stupid to zoom straight forward, into the arrow to hit Green Arrow :lol

wow, definitely was one of the better episodes that i can remember. i wasnt bored at all i dont think

Deadly

I haven't kept up with Smallville this season much but the episode seemed alright but god I hate the "bad guy kills x person and blames it on the opposing faction to lure in his comrades" story

Ashhong

krypt0nian said:
His not flying is honestly ruining this show for me...

Fuck the No Flight No Tights rule.....this is beyond stupid.

"omg they can fly?! fuck..im screwed now"

is basically what i thought went through clarks head at the end. its pretty depressing

As much as they've said "he'll fly when this show ends" I can't help but think that they're setting Clark's first flight up as this grand moment for the audience when he becomes able to defeat Zod in this year's season finale or whenever. Like a pivotal moment will come up at the end of the season when Zod's victory or defeat hinges upon it, and *BAM* it just happens.

Raistlin

Just dropping in to say I haven't read anything here .... but I have the season DVR'd so far.

I'm waiting to catch up on BD. I did miss a number of earlier eps, but saw a decent amount of season 3-5 on HDNet, and have been watching the BD eps since then.

Paznos

Ashhong said:
Interesting. Watching it now, dont understand how Zod got the arrow in his leg when he zoomed around. Pretty stupid to zoom straight forward, into the arrow to hit Green Arrow :lol

wow, definitely was one of the better episodes that i can remember. i wasnt bored at all i dont think
Was a good episode and I'm a fan of hartley and his wife so glad to see him further involved with the show.

Clark has to fly at the end of this season right???

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Since omg rite brought up Kara earlier, someone remind me what happened to her. Last thing I remember, she was flying off into space with Brainiac or something.

Ashhong

Paznos said:
Was a good episode and I'm a fan of hartley and his wife so glad to see him further involved with the show.

Clark has to fly at the end of this season right???

who is his wife?

CygnusXS said:
Since omg rite brought up Kara earlier, someone remind me what happened to her. Last thing I remember, she was flying off into space with Brainiac or something.
She got trapped in the Phantom Zone. Clark and Lois got sucked in and saved her.

She left at the end of the episode to find Kandor (I think it was Kandor).

Ashhong said:
i thought she stayed back to protect the exit or something like that? god i miss her, she was so hot
Nope.

Her and Clark had a talk before she left, and the hug had a little bit too much groin grinding by Welling to be a cousin hug.

Unless... Clark is from Kansas, and you wouldn't believe how many times young people dating here find out they're related. Incest... always a good decision when your cousin is being played by Laura Vandervoort.

Tom Welling is an awful actor, and the lack of character development for Clark is absolutely pathetic. This show has been going on for how many years? He makes comments like "I know what I have to do" which essentially equates to standing up straight and saying "I won't let you do this", getting fucked up and Chloe saving him. He has no persona or charm about him. He's a self-righteous prick with an IQ of 60.

The Zod character has already outgrown him and the man hasn't even been on a full season. You can relate and empathise with him. Whereas Clark, he has nothing about him. The only difference between this season and previous ones is that he wears this stupid black coat.

Even flying wouldn't save him in my eyes. Replace Welling please. Every character out does him on screen time.

I respectfully disagree.

I'd say the writers are the dead weight. Well them and most of the exec producers. To be honest I have no problem with any of the actors chosen to play iconic characters.

Welling is a better Clark then Routh, and Durance is one of the best Lane's I've ever seen. Kicks the shit out of Hatcher. Kidder is still the best Lois I've ever seen, but Durance kicks ass too.

So... think what you will, but every generation has their Superman, from George to Christopher, and now Welling.

Routh will be the guy that everyone goes "HE PLAYED SUPERMAN?!" because he sucked so badly that a drunk Kevin Spacey overshadowed him.

Medalion

Banned
The first half of the episode was boring as shit with Chloe and Tess being trapped in Watchtower. So let's see, Chloe cuts a big gaping slice into Tess' shoulder, what does she do afterwards? Put her shirt over it like it ain't no thang :lol :lol :lol

Tess' acting when she was brought back to life was unintentionally hilarious as well

I loved watching Zod pwning Checkmate, they were starting to get on my nerves

The thing about every fucking person with Kryptonian powers learning to fly than Clark who's had his powers for all his life is beyond pathetic...

Clark's got his work cut out for him... all those super powered Kandorians and Zod vs one dumbass Clark that can't fly...

Why do I get the feeling they are gonna bring in the Red Sun to stop them?

I fail to see how flight even matters that much in a fight. I can't imagine how an aerial battle would be much different than a grounded battle. It would only make a difference if Clark was trying to chase after someone that can fly.

Medalion

Banned
Bu bu bu... Zod's got the high ground :lol

*i love to see how many Star Wars references i can spot in an episode of smallville*

Ehh, kind of a "meh" episode. The fact that they brought Martha Kent back for this one episode should've been enough for anyone to
correctly guess she was the Red Queen.
Without that element of surprise, the episode had no bite.

But :O at the preview for next week:
a black/white episode a la Sin City?!? And the true Superman shield too?!? Could Clark's "dark days" be coming to an end?

ZeoVGM

Banned
Spike Spiegel said:
Ehh, kind of a "meh" episode. The fact that they brought Martha Kent back for this one episode should've been enough for anyone to
correctly guess she was the Red Queen.
Without that element of surprise, the episode had no bite.

But :O at the preview for next week:
a black/white episode a la Sin City?!? And the true Superman shield too?!? Could Clark's "dark days" be coming to an end?

Pretty sure that was just for the commercial. They've already done a black and white episode and I doubt they'd do it again for a season finale.

God damn Erica Durance is sexy.

Goodish episode.

To be honest I haven't outwardly disliked any episode this season.

Also I still like Clark even though he can't fly yet.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Am I the only one with a thing for Mercer?

Why is everyone so hard on her ?(..Teehee..) She did a hell of a lot of good for Clark.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Thunder Monkey said:
She has boobs so I can safely say I've probably masturbated while thinking of her.
This is strange. So have I. Multiple times.
I guess our minds are the scene of the cream..

In all seriousness though:
Mercer ( has boobs, dat ass, and redhead) >>>> Mew or whatever her name was

Solo

Finally watched last week's ep and last night's ep. Last week's was really good, the best episode of the season. Loved all the Zod/Clark and Tess/Chloe interaction. This week's wasnt nearly as good. Martha Kent the Red Queen? LOL. Still though, things are shaping up nicely for the finale.

Ashhong

Solo said:
Finally watched last week's ep and last night's ep. Last week's was really good, the best episode of the season. Loved all the Zod/Clark and Tess/Chloe interaction. This week's wasnt nearly as good. Martha Kent the Red Queen? LOL. Still though, things are shaping up nicely for the finale.

As they usually do...hopefully they make a nice ending this time. The promo for the finale shows who is going to die. Well, unless its a trick.

Medalion

Banned
This episode was just hokey

It was nice for the trip down memory lane for Martha and Perry

but the Red Queen bizness we found out was her, made no sense, how the fuck she knows more about Kryptonians and artifacts than Clark

Chloe's speech in Watchtower was the lamest dialogue I've heard from this show in a long time about reality bites and jacking into reality... did I just fucking hear that come out of her mouth without her laughing?

The White King is completely useless douchebag

I hope now that Clark has his secret weapon the Book of Rao, he will finally have something to go up against the flighty Kandorians

Ashhong

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK that looks awesome

i am 90% positive it is Tess being burned by Zod and she is gone this season

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
God damn that tease...... But so good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom