• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Smallville Season 9 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

parasight

The whole "twist is a twist is a twist" thing was kinda neat. But I wasn't too happy about this episode. I would say it's the worst one this season, but the Zombie one definitely takes the cake. It's disappointing cause the season got off to such a strong start. Hopefully with emo Oliver gone the show will begin to pick up steam again.

Kevin

Yeah this episode was really awesome. So far I am loving this season and it just seems much better then last season. I am surprised by some of the negative comments.

The trailer for "Crossfire" finally gives Superman fans something they have wanted for a long time. No flight or tights but still a cool step forward:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeC4uWKAqmI

Also an awesome new interview with Brian Peterson:

http://www.daemonstv.com/2009/10/23...-producer-brian-peterson-exclusive-interview/

Both Zatanna and Martian the Manhunter will return this season. How freakin cool is that?

Also Geoff John confirmed that his episode will actually be two episodes "Society" and "Legion" and some really cool characters will be introduced.

ZeoVGM

Banned
I think you mean "Legends" as "Legion" was his episode last year.

On that note:

Good news for "Smallville" (2.5 million, 1.1) fans, though.

The show matched last week's season high (which also held up in the nationals, btw). That means The CW tied ABC for third place at 8 p.m. (18-49 is not their sales demo, but they still keep an eye on it). Regardless of the network's mixed feelings about "Smallville," any show that gets the network out of fifth place among the industry's standard measurement is tough to ignore.

:D

Also, from that interview above, this was the most exciting part to me:

- What about Jimmy, will he have a comeback?

Brian Peterson: We want to be very loyal to the Jimmy from the 'Superman' series. That Jimmy is just quite a bit younger. All I can say is that we do have a plan. We do have a plan and it will pay off and I think that everyone will be really happy with our plan.

- So you're not just cutting him out of the show?

Brian Peterson: No. No one has forgotten about Jimmy. As most people know that watch 'Smallville', we might let people go a little bit but they always come back.

:O

I am totally expecting some sort of cliffhanger with Jimmy randomly popping up now.

Solo

So after 2-3 "Smallville does Saw" episodes through the years, we've had our first "Smallville does The Game" episode, eh? :lol Anyways, not bad. A lot better than the last 2 weeks.

Anyways, four random thoughts, all involving Erica Durance and Lois, 2 bad, 2 good:
- :lol:lol :lol at Lois getting knocked out. Ive said it before many times, but it never ceases to stop happening: between Lana and Lois, there is usual a one-knockout-per-episode quota. Its like they have a checklist of things they need to do each episode.
- another thing that seems to have a quota attached to it each season is the Lois-Knows-Kung-Fu scene. Why do they have these? Its stuff like this that always lays on the cheese.
- is it just me, or is the first season in which the make-up artist actually likes Erica Durance? Shes obviously a very attractive woman, and looks great in magazines, on red carpets, at conventions, in other movies, etc., but they have seemingly always gone out of their way to overdo her makeup on Smallville and make her look not so good. This year she looks great.
- finally, did she take some acting lessons this off-season? She had a couple emotional scenes where I genuinely thought she acted very well, and Ive never felt that way about her work before

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Solo said:
- another thing that seems to have a quota attached to it each season is the Lois-Knows-Kung-Fu scene. Why do they have these? Its stuff like this that always lays on the cheese.
I pointed this out in last season's thread. Lana Fu was always unbearable cheese and they continued it with Lois. There is no good reason for this stuff. You can show the audience that Lois is a tough gal without the horrid fight scenes.

Medalion

Banned
Much like everyone else, glad the end of CRAWWWLLLLIIINNNGGG INNNNN MYYYYY SKIIIIINNNNNN Oliver. The episode was boring otherwise. Let's get more Major Zod... the guy is listed as a main character in the credits, he's only really been repped only in one and a half episodes really.

Solo

Medalion said:
Much like everyone else, glad the end of CRAWWWLLLLIIINNNGGG INNNNN MYYYYY SKIIIIINNNNNN Oliver. The episode was boring otherwise. Let's get more Major Zod... the guy is listed as a main character in the credits, he's only really been repped only in one and a half episodes really.

Being in the credits means nothing. He more than likely has a 13 episode contract, much like Erica Durance did for every season before this one. 13 appearances in 22 episodes means 9 times he wont show up at all.

Medalion

Banned
That's true.

But still, I swear this show used to be called Smallville, about Superman and Clark Kent, not the Green Arrow show.

Medalion said:
That's true.

But still, I swear this show used to be called Smallville, about Superman and Clark Kent, not the Green Arrow show.

Smallville = Naruto confirmed

But that's a discussion for another time. :D

Good to see the ratings are what they are since it seems stations put shows on Friday to kill them off.

Seth C

I don't know, this show is just really losing me this season. This coming from someone who has been with it from the very start (I watched the premiere episode 3 times the night it aired). I miss Lex, I miss the show being about Clark/Superboy. Hell, I think at this point I even miss the teen angst.

Kevin

Seth C said:
I don't know, this show is just really losing me this season. This coming from someone who has been with it from the very start (I watched the premiere episode 3 times the night it aired). I miss Lex, I miss the show being about Clark/Superboy. Hell, I think at this point I even miss the teen angst.

You might like the next episode then since it appears to be really Lois and Clark heavy. :D

Flash

Not a huge fan of the last few episodes... waaay too Oliver heavy and no real progress in the Kandor storyline OR development of Clark moving closer to becoming Superman. If they wanted "filler" episodes, they should have either extended the Metallo arc or at least continue hinting at the Kandor/Zod stuff. At the beginning of the season we were some hints about the Kandor storyline with the crests all over the world, I was hoping they would've explored that even if it was apart of the last 5-10 minutes of an episode.

I just REALLLY hope Oliver emo-trips are over. What was he sad about anyways? Killing Lex? Cause pretty sure he got over that last season cause he was ready to fight Doomsday... so then was it because Clark wouldn't kill Davis? Or because Jimmy died? Why in the world would Jimmy's death have a bigger impact on Oliver than on Chloe?

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Kevin said:
You might like the next episode then since it appears to be really Lois and Clark heavy. :D
Always a thrill.

Clark: I like you Lois.
Lois: Yay! I won't die alone!
Clark: (Oh crap she's into me!) Uh... Just kidding.
Lois: K. I'll wait around til the next time you decide to pay attention to me.

Solo

Medalion said:
That's true.

This show has never been about Superman, lets be honest here. Its a teenage drama first and foremost, that just happens to star a Kryptonian.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Solo said:
This show has never been about Superman, lets be honest here. Its a teenage drama first and foremost, that just happens to star a Kryptonian.

This is the Godhonest truth.

Medalion

Banned
Solo said:

The show has been about or should always have been about a young adult Clark Kent growing up to eventually become Superman, it was supposed to be but they got sidetracked by the fact the other cast members to delay Clark's inevitableness to become Superman, because once he does, the show is supposed to end... they wanna keep it going for as long as possible and keep delaying his progress.

Seth C

Kevin said:

I really loathe Lois is the Smallville universe, so I highly doubt that. I'd rather she be hit by a truck and just let Chloe be the "real" Lois the way we are going to get the "real" Jimmy Olsen.

Kevin

Some news for you guys:

Mega Buzz

On Smallville, will we see Clark wear a suit with some color this season? Or maybe wear his iconic glasses? — Sharlene
ADAM: Get used to the basic black, Sharlene. "He isn't quite done with his suit yet," says executive producer Kelly Souders. "This whole season is the alter ego before he starts transforming into the [Superman] that we all know." As for the glasses, she says, "There's a flirting moment with a pair of glasses. I won't say that he's definitely got them on, but I would watch the next little run. You'll see it in the first nine episodes."

Natalie Abrams TV guide Interview 10/27/09 with Brian Peterson:
http://www.tvguide.com/News/Smallville-Executive-Producer-1011283.aspx

Interview with Brian Peterson 10/27/09:
http://www.collider.com/2009/10/26/...smallville-executive-producer-brian-peterson/

Martian Manhunter returns in Society:
http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/10/26/smallville-scoop-martian-manhunter-returns/

Pictures from the episode "Kandor" with Jor-El, Zod and others:
http://devotedtosmallville.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=399

From Geoff Johns Twitter (for one of his two Smallville episodes):

Doctor Fate's look is beyond accurate. The Vancouver crew is unbelievably spectacular. You will not believe the lengths they are going to!!

Doctor Fate looks kick ass!

Lots of news, some really interesting stuff. :D

Ashhong

Solo said:

i would say the later seasons have moved past the teenage drama into slightly more superman territory.

Episode is a little all over the place this week. Clark, once again, is playing second fiddle to Oliver. Still, some good stuff.

Good to see Oliver Paying it Forward in Pretty Woman after The Game.

gdt

For whatever reason I've been watching this show for the past couple weeks.

It seems like every episode I've watched has been focused more on Oliver than Clark.

gdt5016 said:
For whatever reason I've been watching this show for the past couple weeks.

It seems like every episode I've watched has been focused more on Oliver than Clark.

The last couple of weeks definitely have. It isn't always this Oliver heavy.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
:O

I know I keep saying this but I really really need to finish season 6 and then watch 7-8 now... goddamnit.

Mashing

Damn good episode. Every plot (especially the main plot) was right on the money tonight. Just like that TV producer said, "you two have great chemistry". Amen to that. Welling and Durance just nailed it tonight.

Flash

REALLY enjoyed this episode, much better then the last few. Although it was oliver heavy at least he was doing some good (and adding to the super hero team:D)

Seth C said:
I'll happily admit that was one of the best episodes this season.
The Supes fan in me is just happy that mah boy is one step closer to getting some poontang from a woman that won't let it end with a "Did I hurt you?!"

Lois would be all like "Just let me steer you around the curves."

That's hot.

Solo

God, the hacker stuff on this show is as bad as ever. FIREWALL #28 ACCESSED :lol Also, when did Billy Zane join Smallville? :lol :lol

Other than that, good little ep. Its been mostly a pretty fun season so far.

Balboa

Really enjoyed this episode but that Callum Blue guy is a horrible actor, he somehow manages to get even worse everytime he shows up.

I like Batman Clark. Nice episode. I wonder if hes ever going to start wearing the glasses sometime soon. The suit is cool but i would like it if Clark starts getting more into having a secret identity. So that if anyone ever gets a look at the blur (like jimmy) they already know it's clark.

Medalion

Banned
They jumped to the kiss a lot quicker than I thought, Clois is still not for me... sorry.

They really need to roll with that Kandorian/Zod story faster, this Lois and Clark shit is boring me.

Hacker boy and Chloe... probably another pairing because they admire each other's hacker skills? Is this what Chloe will be reduced to after longing for Clark then for Jimmy who is dead, she gets geek boy!

ZeoVGM

Banned
Man, just caught up on the past few episodes. Every one was great. They even pulled off a zombie episode. Loved the little Lex flash in the window at the end of one of them as well.

The budget has definitely gone up too. They didn't shoot on location almost at all last season, but they're doing it a lot more now. Very happy about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom