• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

So I play some chars with pad/stick.. just decided to be hybrid.. i kinda enjoy it.. makes me feel like im not being pressured on my own end to use a stick or a pad if I dont want too.

Either way - I'm now on my 4th pad.. Just got my new one from Madcatz, we work with them so they have always been generous in replacing my pads when I wear them down.

800+ hrs in.. on my 4th pad. (Still on my 1st stick) :p

GOD I LOVE YOU SF4.

http://www.frame-advantage.com/beta/bonus-matches/634-andre-dictator-vs-daigo-ryu

I was watching Richard Li clown on Chris Hu, and I had to go back and watch the Andre vs. Daigo Money match at SB4. Chris Hu is hilarious. Yeah, he doesn't speak good English but his play-by-play and humor are on point.

In 2010, I hope we can have no more streams with "Look At The Damage!!", "Mike Ross Believe!!," "FADC, ULTRA!!", etc. It's cool ONE time not over and over again, especially when it interferes with the footage.

Good Job by Haunts. They should've called Guiness down to see what you did. Much love.

The Yeb matches were on point, very entertaining.

h3ro said:
I think Seb and Chris Hu make an awesome announcing team.
I really appreciate Seb's hard work and sacrifice and everything he has done for the FG community, but he certainly isn't one of my favorite commentators.

Threi

notag
_dementia said:
I really appreciate Seb's hard work and sacrifice and everything he has done for the FG community, but he certainly isn't one of my favorite commentators.
daaamn look who's back :)

Seb is cool. I like him with Chris Hu.

Magus was cool too. He was going hoarse at Nor Cal Regionals. Seth is good too. He tries to be insightful on the mic.

Skisonic is alright too. And Yipes is good for the occasional color.

Sanchez is good.

_dementia said:
I love Seb.

He is my favorite commentator after Seth.

He knows the game enough to keep in enjoyable but not too technical and has a smooth voice. Always adds in a twist of humor that is good.

Seth though is just amazing but it makes sense.. I mean he does work on the game from the community side.

AZ Greg

Good shit this weekend Haunts. I don't think I've watched a tournament stream as long as I watched yours.

Also, you mentioned some stuff about possibly setting up donations. Some people were saying they wouldn't be opposed if it went back to the cause, etc... Of course people can't expect you to go through all the effort and use up all the time to do this often without getting something out of it. And this could be an impractical idea depending on how much it costs, but I think a lot of people might be for donations if it went towards you upgrading your internet to the levels you had this weekend (Again, I don't know the prices so this may be a dumb idea) which would benefit the people who donate, as you'd be able to do this more often, and of course it would benefit you as you'd have beefier internet for your own personal use and I don't think people would care what you did with any donations beyond that. Add in some more guests, maybe some 3S over GGPO, and I think you'd have a hit. Just throwing something out there.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
omg I jsut woke up.. we were playing till about 3:30 am last night I guess.. I dont think I've had a street fighter 4 session that long... EVER! It was so much fun though, and oddly addicting -- just the whole concept of being able to do this made me want to keep it going. Interacting with the chat and being goofy was great. I was also really impressed at how good everyone was for the most part!!

anyway, GGs everyone. I'll let you know if I do this again! (could probably be do it today too if you guys REALLY wanted me to. :lol )

AZ Greg said:
Good shit this weekend Haunts. I don't think I've watched a tournament stream as long as I watched yours.

Also, you mentioned some stuff about possibly setting up donations. Some people were saying they wouldn't be opposed if it went back to the cause, etc... Of course people can't expect you to go through all the effort and use up all the time to do this often without getting something out of it. And this could be an impractical idea depending on how much it costs, but I think a lot of people might be for donations if it went towards you upgrading your internet to the levels you had this weekend (Again, I don't know the prices so this may be a dumb idea) which would benefit the people who donate, as you'd be able to do this more often, and of course it would benefit you as you'd have beefier internet for your own personal use and I don't think people would care what you did with any donations beyond that. Add in some more guests, maybe some 3S over GGPO, and I think you'd have a hit. Just throwing something out there.

Thanks for the feedback. I was just throwing that out there at the time to get general feedback. I am actually kind of against taking donations, in that id rather figure out ways to get a roi based more on traffic and viewers thru proper ad networks, but some of the guys on our team have been kicking around the idea. For me, it seems like anytime donations get involved in the SF community you end up getting this huge backlash at some point so id rather avoid it but if people are down for what we are doing and want to help then I guess thats another thing entirely. :p

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
AZ Greg said:

I would donate. My connection can be sucky but at least some fun can be had. It was kick ass =)

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
haunts said:
Thanks for the feedback. I was just throwing that out there at the time to get general feedback. I am actually kind of against taking donations, in that id rather figure out ways to get a roi based more on traffic and viewers thru proper ad networks, but some of the guys on our team have been kicking around the idea. For me, it seems like anytime donations get involved in the SF community you end up getting this huge backlash at some point so id rather avoid it but if people are down for what we are doing and want to help then I guess thats another thing entirely. :p
When you take donations you're accountable for the money. Sometimes you're in the position to properly handle that, but for basic stuff like this it's just asking for trouble.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
This stream is just XBL right? If you ever did a PSN or PC stream, I'd love to see my shitty Honda get demolished.

Ed Nan, you esss, Ed Nan, you esss. Ha, ha, ha.

I'm finally going to watch the Shine vs. Sanford final (only saw the Gouki vs. Gouken match).

And yeah, do PSN next time Haunts, so we can have Find up in that biatch. I'll bring my Saikyo too. And we got a few others.

He didn't have a PS3 with him when he went to his friend's house. So hopefully in the future (whenever that is), he'll maybe do a dual console setup or give PSN love.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
I'll do PSN next time for sure.. Since people enjoyed this so much ill look into what it will take to do this on a more regular basis. With enough notice I could get some good guests rolling thru too like Crackfiend, Magus1234 etc.. all the better palyers in my area.

haunts said:
I'll do PSN next time for sure.. Since people enjoyed this so much ill look into what it will take to do this on a more regular basis. With enough notice I could get some good guests rolling thru too like Crackfiend, Magus1234 etc.. all the better palyers in my area.

Yeah man, get Crackfiend in there...I would like to see/play his boxer!

Thanks Haunts!

that would be awesome if you can do it in a more regular basis haunts

a lot of us are just a bunch of online warriors with no SF scene in our area, so it is always awesome if we get to play some top experienced tourney players and get a tiny taste of the real deal....even if it's just casual online

I had fun watching you guys all day mowing down fools :)

haunts

Bacon of Hope
BotoxAgent said:
that would be awesome if you can do it in a more regular basis haunts

a lot of us are just a bunch of online warriors with no SF scene in our area, so it is always awesome if we get to play some top experienced tourney players and get a tiny taste of the real deal....even if it's just casual online

I had fun watching you guys all day mowing down fools :)

hah, yeah I think it kind of provides that old school arcade atmosphere to a degree. You'd typically go and there are like 2-3 guys who would dominate, then everyone else is putting their quarters up trying to take them off the machine ya know?

Doing this makes me hope that the Super SF4 lobby system and other online components are truly on point. That, combined with streaming like this, could open up a lot of doors for not only real entertaining matches but just helping people get better in general.

haunts said:
awesome!

Do you need Live Gold service to play the PC version? I just tried logging in and I kept getting kicked to offline. My subscription just ran out a few days ago.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Spiderjericho said:
Do you need Live Gold service to play the PC version? I just tried logging in and I kept getting kicked to offline. My subscription just ran out a few days ago.

I use my a separate account and it's not Gold. Play online without a hitch.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
You don't have to though.

My old XBL account works even though the Gold expired.

PC version you don't pay for the online, it's just 360 that you pay to play.

PC has better netcode also. I can play Central Europe like it's Texas.

what is the fast technique to get Cammy's Air Cannon and Dhalsim's Air Tele to go so fast off the ground?

perplexes me the execute for my slow stubby fingers

GG Farms!

Cowie

gutter_trash said:
what is the fast technique to get Cammy's Air Cannon and Dhalsim's Air Tele to go so fast off the ground?

perplexes me the execute for my slow stubby fingers

GG Farms!

for cammy, d, db, b, uf (Uf is necessary since the move only works when you're jumping forward, unless it's EX)

for Dhalsim, f, d, df, uf (I feel like the timing on this one is a bit different, a little slower mayhaps)

TimeKillr

Cowie said:
for cammy, d, db, b, uf (Uf is necessary since the move only works when you're jumping forward, unless it's EX)

for Dhalsim, f, d, df, uf (I feel like the timing on this one is a bit different, a little slower mayhaps)

Yeah, with Sim you have to do it a bit slower since the move also works on the ground. You have to leave him enough time to actually leave the ground before you hit the buttons.

Threi

notag
watching the stream for so long made me appreciate Ryu's eng VO.

"meh....suu....hadoooooooooooooken" :lol

*edit*

I vote for a roseball contest next stream.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Its things like that, (what Haunts did) that makes me appreciate the community. People are taking notice of how cool it is despite not knowing anything about street fighter other than it being the godfather of fighting games. :D

Top Bottom