• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

K.Sabot

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA, I log on and see I have 6 messages from him in 5 year old english asking if I'll be on tommorow and that he'll call me.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
FindMyFarms said:
God dammmnnn that's a lot of street fighter 4 lol. It's funny though, because watching the stream, I went from really wanting to play sf4, to getting sick of the game all in one sitting haha.

I get the same way when I have a long session. Like I'll play Grifter or AZ Greg or someone for 50 straight games and be like "ok, taking a break from this game for a while, I'm getting sick of it." Then the next day or so I come in this thread or go on SRK or something and see something that makes me want to play :lol

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
ReiGun said:
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/3517511

Hey, my match is in here at 1:14. *watches* :lol Good times. Hey, at least I won a round. A single round. :(

Oh well, it was fun. Thanks again Haunts.

I'm at 2:13.

I really didn't expect him to keep throwing out unsafe dps :lol

At the end of my last match I thought for some reason that I had enough meter to fadc, dash forward, then dash back to bait a dp.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
question for those who watched the stream...

was it as smooth as these recordings look when it was live?

ps: lost fragment, you're really solid dude. do you enter tournies in your area?

haunts

Bacon of Hope
thats good to hear.. I didnt know if ustream just processed the videos so they look better than the actual stream or what.

i need to find out whats the minimum amount of bandwidth id need to do something like this... I think I could get away with it with like 3-4mbps upload but I dunno..

gutabo

haunts said:
Great Moments in Fighting Game History 3! - Some dope SBO 09 videos and great photos from NorCal Regionals.

Oh, and oddly enough I didnt get sick of SF4 all day yesterday... I was a little slow getting into it but after and hour or two it was all smiles for the next 12 hrs.. lol..
Dang, I wanted to play with you, on sunday I went to a local tourney and won! My crappy honda just speaks volumes about the local comp I guess. Then I got home and got the biggest crap from my wife and couldn't play anymore :(

I hope you do one again on xbl! Great stream!

haunts

Bacon of Hope
gutabo said:
Dang, I wanted to play with you, on sunday I went to a local tourney and won! My crappy honda just speaks volumes about the local comp I guess. Then I got home and got the biggest crap from my wife and couldn't play anymore :(

I hope you do one again on xbl! Great stream!

Yeah I was wondering what happened to you.. :p

GS on winning the tourney!

gutabo

haunts said:
Yeah I was wondering what happened to you.. :p

GS on winning the tourney!
Thanks! I was wondering about posting some facebook pictures of it but then I thought "maybe not". There's a peruvian facebook group named "the backyard" that's all about street fighter(and alex valle is a member, gogo peru!) and they run the tourney. I'll try to find footage/pics to post.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
The stream was pretty smooth the whole way through for me.

haunts said:
ps: lost fragment, you're really solid dude. do you enter tournies in your area?

I did back in the day with ST and stuff at the local arcade, but not recently, no. Was supposed to go to SB4 but I couldn't get the day off of work. Hopefully I'll be able to make it down to Tennessee for KiT in a few weeks.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Lost Fragment said:
The stream was pretty smooth the whole way through for me.

I did back in the day with ST and stuff at the local arcade, but not recently, no. Was supposed to go to SB4 but I couldn't get the day off of work. Hopefully I'll be able to make it down to Tennessee for KiT in a few weeks.

You should go! I dunno if AZ Greg goes to tournies either but I think both of you guys will surprise yourself if you go to one.

Actually a lot of you guys from GAF are more than ready for tourney play imo if you were wondering.

Who here goes to tournies anyway? Farms, Fubar, Oichi, n3ss, Maj.. i know there are others..

K.Sabot

Went through a best of 100 with a psn player named SuperDonkeyPunch. He's got marn tier viper, hitting trial 5 online as if it were nothing. Damn, that took 3 hours.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
haunts said:
You should go! I dunno if AZ Greg goes to tournies either but I think both of you guys will surprise yourself if you go to one.

Actually a lot of you guys from GAF are more than ready for tourney play imo if you were wondering.

Who here goes to tournies anyway? Farms, Fubar, Oichi, n3ss, Maj.. i know there are others..

For my part... here in PR local tourney activity is dead. I just can't find any competent place. I was going to sign up for a BIG local tournament past November but college and work interfered and didn't sign up (PrScrub took second place there I think). I am on the lookout for more but that scene is either dead here or I don't know where to look for.

haunts said:

In this video Shine (one of the best and most talented Goukens in the US)

uuuuuuuuhhhhhhhh

Kuroda is the man!

Ok I know the video is supposed to be about Kuroda, but holy shit at that Yun player doing 3 kara palms in a row like it's nothing(4 total when in gineijin). I don't really watch 3s videos so I don't know if that's considered impressive anymore, but it amazed the hell out of me. Kara palm alone is harder than anything you have to do in sf4 IMO.

TimeKillr

Lost Fragment said:
Someone might've hax'd the pc version so you can change inputs for special moves or something. Otherwise, dunno.

That's pretty much what it is.

The scary thing is that the guy appears to be playing online (hence the black bars on player names)....

I don't wanna play SF4 PC online after that.

"Ok I know the video is supposed to be about Kuroda, but holy shit at that Yun player doing 3 kara palms in a row like it's nothing(4 total when in gineijin). I don't really watch 3s videos so I don't know if that's considered impressive anymore, but it amazed the hell out of me. Kara palm alone is harder than anything you have to do in sf4 IMO."

Kuroda actually kara palm'd 3 times in a row, IIRC, on one of the vids where he played as yun. I'm pretty sure it's still considered impressive and risky, though. When I was watching gamers vision ranbats, even the last few ones didn't have many yuns doing kara palms (that was a year ago, though).

toneroni

haunts said:
question for those who watched the stream...

was it as smooth as these recordings look when it was live?

Awesome stream. I was watching from the east and ended up staying awake until like 4am. Definitely made me get back into SF :D

AZ Greg

haunts said:

I've gone to and won one here in my town, but there were only 8 people and they weren't exactly that great. I really have no excuse though. I live in SW AZ and am right in the middle of Phoenix and San Diego (About 2 and a half hours from both of them). I also have family who lives in the LA area and some who live a little closer to NorCal. Definitely gonna try and go to EVO next year just to spectate everything at the very least.

haunts said:

I don't do the big tournies but ive played in a a few things with Farms

K.Sabot

There was a tourney up in Tulsa, OK once. The Catch: It was at an anime convention *shudder*. Decided to pass, so I'm still a tourney virgin.

K.Sabot said:
There was a tourney up in Tulsa, OK once. The Catch: It was at an anime convention *shudder*. Decided to pass, so I'm still a tourney virgin.
You play videogames and post on a video game message board. You aren't exactly on a different social plane than anime fans. Go, play and have fun!

K.Sabot

_dementia said:
You play videogames and post on a video game message board. You aren't exactly on a different social plane than anime fans. Go, play and have fun!

No honestly, those people creep me out.

XenoRaven

Yeah, not everyone that plays games really wants to hang out with the typical convention goer, be it anime or game. Hell, I don't even like going to midnight launch events. I was gonna enter my local GameCrazy's Firefight tournament on ODST launch night, I took one step in the store, saw the people that were there for the tournament, turned around and drove right back home.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
XenoRaven said:
Yeah, not everyone that plays games really wants to hang out with the typical convention goer, be it anime or game. Hell, I don't even like going to midnight launch events. I was gonna enter my local GameCrazy's Firefight tournament on ODST launch night, I took one step in the store, saw the people that were there for the tournament, turned around and drove right back home.

Or you could just, you know....be cool with everybody?

Who gives a shit what the people you are facing look like in a tournament? If you seriously drove home, then you have problems.

toneroni

Timedog said:

Who gives a shit what the people you are facing look like in a tournament? If you seriously drove home, then you have problems.
Word, I used to be weirded out and made fun of those people but then i realized, who cares. (especially since I have a booth at several large gaming events a year).
Not such a big deal. It's not like you're moving in with them.

You gotta admit though, some people are REALLY awkward :lol .

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
_dementia said:
are you going to play with command hacks too?

he's got a QCF sonic boom. Couple that with SB's faster recovery, he'd win any fireball war.

I thought that was supposed to be super street fighter 4 for some reason.

XenoRaven

Timedog said:

Sorry for not enjoying the prospect of spending 4 hours with obnoxious teenagers and adults who look like they haven't bathed or shaven in weeks?

_dementia said:

I went to an anime convention once, while there were definitely some cool people, the game room makes me disagree with you wholeheartedly. I'm not sure what social plane I'm on, but it's for sure not the same one they're on.

edit -

BotoxAgent said:
I immediately thought of you when I read that :lol
Pandaman said:
same. :lol

Glad to know my legacy as a hater is what people think of me :lol :lol

And GG's Panda! Just ease up on the wake up neutral jumps (assuming your opponent punishes you for them.)

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Today I decided that I'm really pissed at FindMyFarms for some reason. If you ever get over to Turtle's house and fight me over Live, I will break you.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
anime con tournies, in my experiences, are typically run very bad and have the bottom of the barrel comp. I would avoid them personally.. >_>

Top Bottom