• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Maj,

this is FuriousRGD from IPW. Hey man how big of a resolution do you have that Gen/Fei Long pic? I would love to make that badboy into a poster. Actually, someone on our site also was wondering the same thing.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Haunts. Leguna. Is that the guy that was talking trash on 1up? :lol I remember him. I also owned him in a completely different subject.

Majestros

You can't handle the truth!
Maj,

this is FuriousRGD from IPW. Hey man how big of a resolution do you have that Gen/Fei Long pic? I would love to make that badboy into a poster. Actually, someone on our site also was wondering the same thing.
If you go click on each individual screenshot, then click the "All Sizes" icon, the 1280 x 720 option will give you the native resolution lossless PNG file. Beyond that it's up to you to photoshop it bigger using whatever resampling method you prefer.

Gyrian

Tried playing online for the past couple of days, after a long break.

Got the same impression I had when I was playing it more actively; matched up against Ken every other fight, otherwise Sagat or Ryu.
The exceptions came in the form of a great Abel, and a very agitated Fuerte.

It's still a ton of fun, rusty as I am. Especially when you add in a USB Saturn pad.

Solune

Gyrian said:

Got the same impression I had when I was playing it more actively; matched up against Ken every other fight, otherwise Sagat or Ryu.

It's still a ton of fun, rusty as I am. Especially when you add in a USB Saturn pad.

It's funny I ALWAYS hear about everyone fighting Ken all the time online, but I rarely encounter one and when I do they always whiff F SRK and eat a fat combo.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I am rusty as hell and wanted to play some casual matches... GT is Lord Relix... Ill be on for a few mins if anyone wants to join or invite me =P. This is a once in a lifetime chance to fight the GAF legend!

=P

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
AZ Greg said:
I'll hit you up Relix. Haven't played in a couple of weeks so I'm a little rusty too. :(

Let's do this =O

(Yeah I haven't had a serious match in weeks)

Edit: don't go off dammit :lol

So I was practicing Guile's super and ultra motions on my stick for a little while, and what to know one thing. Why is it easier to do a flash kick super cancel than just do the super?
Or is it that I'm just too beast for my own good?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
So, as Dhalsim, I seem to be at a loss as to what I can do to punish Abel's wheel kick on block. It looks like that move should be so unsafe, but I can't really do anything about it.

Any suggestions?

Edit: lol, maybe I should watch that Juicebox v. Champ vid right there ^

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Rentahamster said:
So, as Dhalsim, I seem to be at a loss as to what I can do to punish Abel's wheel kick on block. It looks like that move should be so unsafe, but I can't really do anything about it.

Any suggestions?
NonEX Wheel Kick is either -8, -9, or -10 on block depending on the version. It's even -3, -4, and -5 on hit.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
AZ Greg said:
GGs.

If anyone else on XBL wants some matches hit me up!

Have some time to type :lol

I think this is the first time we ever get a 3 bar connection. I was surprised =P. Was some nice matches, thought I got some rust off at the end and rushed a bit more. I do hate Dhalsim's arms, make me crazy, and the random ultras were me trying to catch your hands off guard... didn't work many times haha. Definitely improved Dhalsim. You should fight MicVlad if he still plays, his Dhalsim was a work of the devil back in the day =P

LakeEarth

GG AZ Greg. I do believe I played every character I knew how to play there :lol

49 games, damn I'm tired. Your Dhalsim is way better, especially dealing with Honda and Balrog. Good job keeping me out.

AZ Greg

LakeEarth said:
GG AZ Greg. I do believe I played every character I knew how to play there :lol

49 games, damn I'm tired. Your Dhalsim is way better, especially dealing with Honda and Balrog. Good job keeping me out.

GGs.

Got some good experience. You play a lot of characters I haven't seen much of with Dhalsim yet, so that was nice.

I always forget you're one of the people who use a mic. I'll have to plug mine in next time.

XenoRaven

Ah yeah. Good games Greg. I really need to make sure it's not another 2 weeks before I play again. I feel like I'm on the cusp of leveling up my Chun strategy. Hopefully it wasn't a one time thing.

By the way...HATE Dhalsim. =P

LakeEarth

AZ Greg said:
GGs.

Got some good experience. You play a lot of characters I haven't seen much of with Dhalsim yet, so that was nice.

I always forget you're one of the people who use a mic. I'll have to plug mine in next time.
Yeah I was picking all over the place. I don't know if you noticed, but I was doing a "first to 3 wins" for all the characters, then I'd switch to another character. I thought it was fun and showed me what characters I need more Dhalsim practice with.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Leunam said:
Tell him he spelled his name wrong.

:lol He also spells "Daigo" as "Diago."

Hitokage said:
What the hell? He's still putting up that best in the world act?

Did you expect anything less from THE BEST SF4 PLAYER IN THE WORLD?!

GalacticAE said:
Who did Huants play that was so amazing?

Kadey said:
Haunts. Leguna. Is that the guy that was talking trash on 1up? :lol I remember him. I also owned him in a completely different subject.

That's him!

Teknopathetic said:
Oh god Leguna. I thought I had him purged from memory.

FINAL JUDGEMENT.

:lol

Last year I was challenged by Leguna in several "tournaments" for SF4. The following comments were made to me:

Leguna said:
[Lyte Edge]'s skill chart:
-------------
My skill chart:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Daigo]'s skill chart:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mann's skill chart:
----------
Jagoichi's skill chart:
--

(In response to the video of DAIGO versus JUSTIN WONG from Evo 2009)
Leguna said:
I watched it, I feel like I could take them both on.
Leguna said:
He didn't do anything special. He's no doubt very good, but once you reach a certain point with SF4 you really don't get much higher and then all experts are about as good as each other. That's not a bad thing, I'm just saying I could take on the champ and play a good game against him.
Leguna said:
All you say is that this guy is the world's best SF player for real and doesn't do flashy stuff but has great reaction time and fake outs. I do those too :) Do i think he could be me? Of course! Do i think his Ryu is WAY better than me? Nope :)

Before the first match-up:

Leguna on XBL said:
I think I am a much better player than you.

"NO EXCUSES. If you lose, I don't want to hear any excuses! Accept your loss."

During this epic tournament, after I broke 10 wins, the following excuses started coming out:

-"I was trying to do my Ultra!"
-(After doing Guile's Ultra and missing)"That was a GLITCH!" (I say that there are no glitches like that in this game) "You're telling me you've never played a fighting game without glitches?!?!?"
-"There's been lag in every match we played!"
-"What? That move should have killed you!!"
-"You should have died like twice already!"
-"You can NEVER beat me in any other fighting game...EXCEPT for KOF!"

So what happens when I call Leguna out on his own rule of "NO EXCUSES?" He says "Those aren't excuses. They're OBSERVATIONS. Clearly you don't know what "excuses" means."

The results of the three "tournaments" we had. In the first one, I didn't even use my main once, LOL.

3979108334_133e24a69c.jpg

3992307622_d6a52dcb72.jpg

3994083325_785f2066fb.jpg

So ladies and gentlemen, if you want to PUSH YOUR SKILLS TO THE LIMIT, challenge "Leguna" on XBox Live!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Apparently he thinks he's world class when it comes to Street fighter, Starcraft and Halo. I think it was funny when Crackfiend was trying to hustle him or something. I'd say Coolio would destroy him.

Lyte Edge

Kadey said:
Apparently he thinks he's world class when it comes to Street fighter, Starcraft and Halo. I think it was funny when Crackfiend was trying to hustle him or something. I'd say Coolio would destroy him.

If you check the Forum Archives around the end of 2004, you'll find a couple of (sadly edited) threads detailing Leguna's Halo 2 GAF challenge which subsequently led to him getting perm'd here.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Gyrian said:

I still don't know where you guys are finding all these Kens.

I get Ryus/Sagats/Akumas almost exclusively. Every day I get a lot of some other random char though usually Chun, Guile, Blanka, Cammy or Fuerte.

Flowchart cammy is more annoying then Flowchart ken.

Lyte Edge

arstal said:
I still don't know where you guys are finding all these Kens.

I get Ryus/Sagats/Akumas almost exclusively.

Same. Sometimes I will also get waves of Boxers, too.

Top Bottom