• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
FindMyFarms said:
Some guy won KoF 98 in SBO one year with only one hand, forgot his name tho.

crap i'm turning into arstal T_T

Dakao I think. He didn't win SBO one-handed, but he was known to beast top players one-handed. Emil claims he plays on GGPO also under some weird name.

Chinese are probably the strongest at SNK.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Rice-Eater said:
The guy who won KOF98 at SBO, would that happen to be "Child"? If yes then Chris Hu actually knows the guy and spoke about him during a interview from last year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBU37MjdNiU

I played Chris Hu on GGPO in KOF. Was another level. I had a hard time even hanging, let alone winning. One of the top 3 players I played in that game in N.America.

One of them asked me afterwards where in China I came from, which was kinda hilarious. They were shocked to find out I was American- said I'd be a lot better if I was Chinese. lol

GG's Paul187.

Damn GAF lurkers coming out of nowhere challenging my Rawg. On the real, they were good games. I damn near lost my lead...like I told you, I hate this game sometimes. :/

HEY! Haunts answered my question on iplaywinner! :D

i'm "Man_Griffin" on twitter.

thanks for the answer Haunts!

it sucks that i don't have any local events or tournaments in my area to really test my skills, the nearest one would be a 3-4 hour drive. :(

thanks for the help though!

Grifter said:
Hey doodz, found a loser's final match of me so I hope GAF can give me tips to

a) fight Fei and not expect his SF2 range
b) not play so damn scared under pressure
c) learn to defend less like a nub

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jKpWUJXOW0

You may have seen the other guy in recent hits such as top 10 Gouken on NEC stream.

You played good, I'm no akuma expert but the two things that stuck out to me were

-You kept throwing non confirmed ground ex fireballs that got blocked. Bar is good as fuck with akuma (for srk fadc flame fireball setups and kara demons) and you were just throwing it away for no reason really.

- If you have bar for SRK FADC it's such a nice and safe wake up option in the corner. And even then, if you think that he's looking for it and expect him to backdash when you wake up to force a whiffed SRK, then he just gave you room to air tatsu out of there.

-You got really ansy with your corner teleports. Don't be so predictable.

That's all I got, I think u did well.

Grifter

I like to be flipping around like a Mexican jumping bean and hit-confirming more, but switching around TVs and the random-ass properties on the chicken wing jarred me. I should probably just let loose and trust my timing. RAGE

Grifter said:
Maybe that guy was just screwing around with an alt after having a drink from a hard day of working with his hands and taking care of his sick mom. You've gone and humiliated the poor man.

I'll pour one out for you, King Dee D42G!

how the heck were u able to read that!?

dragonballjoseph said:
I really shouldn't have watched that vid with max volume. You really smack your buttons.
Fuck yeah :lol

The MadCatz TE is one tough puppy! Maybe I should move the camera away from my stick? :lol

Sorry for the noise yo!

AZ Greg

Finally got FF13 out of the way and can get back to SF4! :D

And are any of my XBL SF4 brethren playing Perfect Dark XBLA? We need to get some games going!

AZ Greg said:
Finally got FF13 out of the way and can get back to SF4! :D

And are any of my XBL SF4 brethren playing Perfect Dark XBLA? We need to get some games going!
I've been thinking about it...*rubs pubic hair on chin*

haunts

Bacon of Hope
I'll stream today but probably wont take online matches until waaaay later, if at all. Have a bunch of ppl coming over so gotta keep the stations open for local play. Hollaaa..

Also, I've started a new Q&A series on the site where I take questions via twitter. Some of you might like this stuff, its primarily strategy related --

http://iplaywinner.com/news/category/ipw-q-and-a

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
-=burps=-

2s18zgw.gif

Okay, thanks to a thread here i got one month of XBL free so I decided to jump on CP mode

Took a bunch of L's :lol but that's expected; I suck

Way more comp, and better connections compared to PSN

If my IRL friends weren't getting Super on PS3, I'd be getting the 360 version!

XenoRaven

Ok guys. This is not SFIV related, but I feel like this thread is sort of like a mini-community of players who can get together and discuss a variety of topics, and this is something I really feel the need to share but don't know where else to do it since it doesn't deserve it's own thread. Here goes...

FUCK PIT

FUCK HIM IN HIS STUPID CHERUB FACE

I'm going to hear "hi-ya-ya-ya" in my fucking sleep tonight, I guarantee it. Oh hi, I'm a balanced character. I have this stupid ass move where I spin my blades around and it catches you in it creating an impenetrable wall of damage. Oh, you rolled back? I will shoot arrows at you. Oh, you tried to roll forward? You can't. Oh, you try to jump over? I can recover and dodge. Oh no, you got an assist trophy! I better fly to the top corner of the screen where it won't do shit. Did I mention my impenetrable wall of damage also reflects projectiles? Yeah, it does. Oh yeah, I have a shield that reflects projectiles too. I think it's good to keep your options open. Oh yeah, remember those arrows? I can direct them where I want them to go. I can also shoot them straight up! Did you try to jump at me? Yeah, my normals will consistently stuff yours, so you may not want to do that. You're going to have to approach my from the grou-hi-ya-ya-yaaaaa! Oh sweet! I got a Smash Ball! Now a bunch of little flying things will hit you off the screen. Yeah, you can dodge them if you time it right. But wait! I can move around while they attack you! Man those guys are so cool.

Meanwhile, Samus is going fucking out of her damn mind because her Final Smash leaves her totally vulnerable...EVEN IF IT FUCKING SMASHES THE OPPONENT.

Alright, that's all I needed to say. I'm a Smash Bros scrub. I'm not that good at it. But I'm not the worst either, and SFIV has taught me a lot about fighting games. But I can't for the life of me figure out what the fuck I'm supposed to do against Pit other than just "pick Fox". Is there anyone here who's played Brawl a lot who knows what to do against this guy? He makes me want to pull my hair out. I can't stand fighting him. Man.

Again, sorry for the OT...just needed to get that off my chest. Phew.

Lucentto said:
Is an Hori EX2 any good? I really don't want to pay over $50 for a stick, especially for my first one :lol .

It's not bad at all. I don't mind using it whenever I'm playing casuals. Only possible issue would be the stick sliding around a lot if you're beating the shit out of it, but other than that it's great.

It's a little stiff out of the box, but once you use it for a few hours and break it in, it's really nice.

SmokeMaxX

:lol FindMyFarms talking trash in our Arkansas Shoryuken thread about coming to our state tournament and taking his fight money.
Dude, come shit talk on this thread too: http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=228342
It's the actual tournament thread and might get peeps hyped up. Personally I'm excited that people want to come out and try to win our money. The more competition, the better and if we all get our ass kicked, then we'll learn from it. We'll see if that happens though.
04/03/10 in Little Rock, AR. Get hype haha.

No, when you break an EX2 in after a few hours, it breaks.

Buttons start failing in pairs. It happened to me, it happened to DaCocoBrova, it happened to others on this board. Avoid.

Threi

notag
XenoRaven said:
Ok guys. This is not SFIV related, but I feel like this thread is sort of like a mini-community of players who can get together and discuss a variety of topics, and this is something I really feel the need to share but don't know where else to do it since it doesn't deserve it's own thread. Here goes...

FUCK PIT

I'm going to hear "hi-ya-ya-ya" in my fucking sleep tonight, I guarantee it. Oh hi, I'm a balanced character. I have this stupid ass move where I spin my blades around and it catches you in it creating an impenetrable wall of damage. Oh, you rolled back? I will shoot arrows at you. Oh, you tried to roll forward? You can't. Oh, you try to jump over? I can recover and dodge. Oh no, you got an assist trophy! I better fly to the top corner of the screen where it won't do shit. Did I mention my impenetrable wall of damage also reflects projectiles? Yeah, it does. Oh yeah, I have a shield that reflects projectiles too. I think it's good to keep your options open. Oh yeah, remember those arrows? I can direct them where I want them to go. I can also shoot them straight up! Did you try to jump at me? Yeah, my normals will consistently stuff yours, so you may not want to do that. You're going to have to approach my from the grou-hi-ya-ya-yaaaaa! Oh sweet! I got a Smash Ball! Now a bunch of little flying things will hit you off the screen. Yeah, you can dodge them if you time it right. But wait! I can move around while they attack you! Man those guys are so cool.

Meanwhile, Samus is going fucking out of her damn mind because her Final Smash leaves her totally vulnerable...EVEN IF IT FUCKING SMASHES THE OPPONENT.

Alright, that's all I needed to say. I'm a Smash Bros scrub. I'm not that good at it. But I'm not the worst either, and SFIV has taught me a lot about fighting games. But I can't for the life of me figure out what the fuck I'm supposed to do against Pit other than just "pick Fox". Is there anyone here who's played Brawl a lot who knows what to do against this guy? He makes me want to pull my hair out. I can't stand fighting him. Man.

word up

gutter_trash said:
Dhalsim deserves it
I hate Dhalsim

We'll fight like Gentlemen soon enough.

XenoRaven said:

FUCK PIT

:lol You sound like my bro-in-law... I pick pit just to piss him the fuck off. I'll pick him in the character select screen, then deselect, then select and repeat to make him say, "THE FIGHT IS ON" over and over. Drives him nuts. :lol

As far as what to do against him? I'm not too sure. I main Marth so that just involves me keeping him just at the tip of his sword...

Top Bottom