• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Solune

XenoRaven said:
Ok guys. This is not SFIV related, but I feel like this thread is sort of like a mini-community of players who can get together and discuss a variety of topics, and this is something I really feel the need to share but don't know where else to do it since it doesn't deserve it's own thread. Here goes...

FUCK PIT

FUCK HIM IN HIS STUPID CHERUB FACE

I'm going to hear "hi-ya-ya-ya" in my fucking sleep tonight, I guarantee it. Oh hi, I'm a balanced character. I have this stupid ass move where I spin my blades around and it catches you in it creating an impenetrable wall of damage. Oh, you rolled back? I will shoot arrows at you. Oh, you tried to roll forward? You can't. Oh, you try to jump over? I can recover and dodge. Oh no, you got an assist trophy! I better fly to the top corner of the screen where it won't do shit. Did I mention my impenetrable wall of damage also reflects projectiles? Yeah, it does. Oh yeah, I have a shield that reflects projectiles too. I think it's good to keep your options open. Oh yeah, remember those arrows? I can direct them where I want them to go. I can also shoot them straight up! Did you try to jump at me? Yeah, my normals will consistently stuff yours, so you may not want to do that. You're going to have to approach my from the grou-hi-ya-ya-yaaaaa! Oh sweet! I got a Smash Ball! Now a bunch of little flying things will hit you off the screen. Yeah, you can dodge them if you time it right. But wait! I can move around while they attack you! Man those guys are so cool.

Meanwhile, Samus is going fucking out of her damn mind because her Final Smash leaves her totally vulnerable...EVEN IF IT FUCKING SMASHES THE OPPONENT.

Alright, that's all I needed to say. I'm a Smash Bros scrub. I'm not that good at it. But I'm not the worst either, and SFIV has taught me a lot about fighting games. But I can't for the life of me figure out what the fuck I'm supposed to do against Pit other than just "pick Fox". Is there anyone here who's played Brawl a lot who knows what to do against this guy? He makes me want to pull my hair out. I can't stand fighting him. Man.

Again, sorry for the OT...just needed to get that off my chest. Phew.

Sounds like you should try jumping and air dodging to get in on him and grabbing more. good luck i hate his uglyface too.

XenoRaven

Solune said:
Sounds like you should try jumping and air dodging to get in on him and grabbing more. good luck i hate his uglyface too.
Stupid ass spin move is active for so god damn long and has such a huge hitbox. If I'm Samus, her jump is so floaty he can usually recover before I can land.

4444109072_a53455d9c5.jpg

Ive never seen a double dizzying before...

ptown

XenoRaven said:
Stupid ass spin move is active for so god damn long and has such a huge hitbox. If I'm Samus, her jump is so floaty he can usually recover before I can land.

Try not playing that game!
Try the air grapple beam for ranged jump attack?

*Switching back to SF4*

I have an *AMAZING* story that will *INSPIRE* the learning/improving SF player.

At an early point in SF4, I wanted to learn Chun. The first thing I wanted to learn was the bnb: cr.LK to EX legs. I didn't know the piano method well at that time. Whenever I mashed kicks after doing cr.LK, I could get the combo unusually a lot, but I wasn't satisfied with that.

I knew that something was weird about the combo (one thing being cr.LK wasn't special move cancelable), but I didn't get it. I stopped trying Chun.

Playing against an E.Honda very often, I tried to pick him up and eventually learned the hundred hand motion off a special move cancelable cr.LP. I knew when I got the hands down really well that it opened up my character select options to include the hundred hand type characters. I knew I might finally be able to tackle "that" combo.

So, just recently, returning to Chun, I went into training mode and the nature of "that" combo, seemingly miraculously, revealed itself to me and I quickly figured out a method (involving no mashing) giving me EX legs after a non special move cancelable cr.LK.

It was a happy day.

XenoRaven said:
Ok guys. This is not SFIV related, but I feel like this thread is sort of like a mini-community of players who can get together and discuss a variety of topics, and this is something I really feel the need to share but don't know where else to do it since it doesn't deserve it's own thread. Here goes...

FUCK PIT

FUCK HIM IN HIS STUPID CHERUB FACE

I'm going to hear "hi-ya-ya-ya" in my fucking sleep tonight, I guarantee it. Oh hi, I'm a balanced character. I have this stupid ass move where I spin my blades around and it catches you in it creating an impenetrable wall of damage. Oh, you rolled back? I will shoot arrows at you. Oh, you tried to roll forward? You can't. Oh, you try to jump over? I can recover and dodge. Oh no, you got an assist trophy! I better fly to the top corner of the screen where it won't do shit. Did I mention my impenetrable wall of damage also reflects projectiles? Yeah, it does. Oh yeah, I have a shield that reflects projectiles too. I think it's good to keep your options open. Oh yeah, remember those arrows? I can direct them where I want them to go. I can also shoot them straight up! Did you try to jump at me? Yeah, my normals will consistently stuff yours, so you may not want to do that. You're going to have to approach my from the grou-hi-ya-ya-yaaaaa! Oh sweet! I got a Smash Ball! Now a bunch of little flying things will hit you off the screen. Yeah, you can dodge them if you time it right. But wait! I can move around while they attack you! Man those guys are so cool.

Meanwhile, Samus is going fucking out of her damn mind because her Final Smash leaves her totally vulnerable...EVEN IF IT FUCKING SMASHES THE OPPONENT.

Alright, that's all I needed to say. I'm a Smash Bros scrub. I'm not that good at it. But I'm not the worst either, and SFIV has taught me a lot about fighting games. But I can't for the life of me figure out what the fuck I'm supposed to do against Pit other than just "pick Fox". Is there anyone here who's played Brawl a lot who knows what to do against this guy? He makes me want to pull my hair out. I can't stand fighting him. Man.

Again, sorry for the OT...just needed to get that off my chest. Phew.
1. Pick Snake
2. ????
3. Profit?

My Pits don't stand a chance against my Sheik though. >_>

SmokeMaxX said:
:lol FindMyFarms talking trash in our Arkansas Shoryuken thread about coming to our state tournament and taking his fight money.
Dude, come shit talk on this thread too: http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=228342
It's the actual tournament thread and might get peeps hyped up. Personally I'm excited that people want to come out and try to win our money. The more competition, the better and if we all get our ass kicked, then we'll learn from it. We'll see if that happens though.
04/03/10 in Little Rock, AR. Get hype haha.

HAR HAR HAR! Comin to pwn AR! Yall watch out! I think a bunch of Dallas players might be comin.

Tek you better be there!!!!!!

SmokeMaxX

FindMyFarms said:
HAR HAR HAR! Comin to pwn AR! Yall watch out! I think a bunch of Dallas players might be comin.

Bring em all! The more the better really. Texas definitely has some legit players that I have a lot of respect for. But anyway, can't be too nice to y'all. Gotta shit talk till after the tourney. :lol
Feel free to shit talk though. A lot of us have been pretty lazy lately when it comes to training. Our best guy says that he doesn't really feel excited to play anybody anymore because nobody trains anymore. I guess nobody's really motivated. Maybe some trash talk will get them all fired up, who knows.

FindMyFarms said:

Dallas will run over AR.. no contest.

BTW - if this thread gets closed during SSF4 launch and its just not renamed.. I'm going to be sad.

Don't let it happen Tekno/Hito!

TurtleSnatcher said:

BTW - if this thread gets closed during SSF4 launch and its just not renamed.. I'm going to be sad.

That would make sense to just rename this thread since SSF4 is just technically an add-on.

Plus, there's tons of memories in this thread.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
gutter_trash said:
Dhalsim deserves it
I hate Dhalsim
how can you Hate Dhalsim? this should be illegal.

nothing better than watchin a Sim space someone the fuck out. One of few characters in the game with no Bullshit. Win or lose i like fighting Sim

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
TurtleSnatcher said:

A new game, a new beginning!

Such is the nature of things.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
With the new release we're going to have some new people showing up, new mechanics to explore, and new online modes. NFL GAF starts a new thread every week of the season; I see no reason why SF4 GAF can't start a new thread for a new game.

Hitokage said:
With the new release we're going to have some new people showing up, new mechanics to explore, and new online modes. NFL GAF starts a new thread every week of the season; I see no reason why SF4 GAF can't start a new thread for a new game.
I will find you Hito and eat your eyes out.

Yes that is right... EAT THEM AND MAYBE USE KETCHUP

Hitokage said:
Besides, you guys should have these threads subscribed to anyway. :p
Finding the thread isn't the issue.. just 1100+ pages of awesomeness that has lead to one of the biggest threads on GAF is. To see that disappear sucks just because a add on game comes out =[.

This should be the basis of any SF4 add on cuz its that awesome.

Hitokage said:
Welp, the Gawds have spoken.
:-(

Wiseblade

I'd much rather get a new thread. This one has lived its course and had some great moments, but it's time to move on. It's not like the Dojo thread got renamed as the SSBB official thread.

Grifter said:
For Ken AA trade to juggle situations, why do they use strong SRK for the juggle instead of fierce?

More dmg.

his Fierce SRK does less dmg then his strong if I recall - Also has a less wonky arc. But if you get fierce as AA then FADC you can get full ultra I believe.

~Devil Trigger~ said:
how can you Hate Dhalsim? this should be illegal.

nothing better than watchin a Sim space someone the fuck out. One of few characters in the game with no Bullshit. Win or lose i like fighting Sim

You are an honorable person.

Hito,

I understand what you're saying but this thread is awesome. I don't really go into that many threads or am familiar with users except for the ones in here. The thing I like about this thread is the community aspect of it (sort of a micro-community).

But I'll miss you old friend. It's probably for the best, as the initial post and art would need a major redesign, so might as well start from the ground floor.

Man, I can't believe Find. Ha, ha, ha. You better win that tournament.

Spiderjericho said:
Hito,

I understand what you're saying but this thread is awesome. I don't really go into that many threads or am familiar with users except for the ones in here. The thing I like about this thread is the community aspect of it (sort of a micro-community).

But I'll miss you old friend. It's probably for the best, as the initial post and art would need a major redesign, so might as well start from the ground floor.

It'll be okay, buddy. The new thread will be just as fun. This thread won't die, either. It's just... Hito and the mods will take it off to a nice farm. Lots of room to run around and play with the other Street Fighter threads.

V_Arnold

Spiderjericho said:
Hito,

I am pretty sure by the way that all the people who regularly post here, lurk around here (like me : P) or simply contribute here will move on to that one, along with the newcomers. Imagine what a new SSFIV player would feel when he/she is about to read back, and realizing it is already 1100+ pages :DDD

Grifter

I say start a new thread by immortalizing (shaming) this one with a screencap of the user post counts.

TurtleSnatcher said:
More dmg.

his Fierce SRK does less dmg then his strong if I recall - Also has a less wonky arc. But if you get fierce as AA then FADC you can get full ultra I believe.

Thanks! For such a bad player, you know your stuff!

black_vegeta said:
My bad...let me clarify the question again.

How can I look at how many post a person has in this thread? Like dementia did...http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...5&postcount=37

Thats what I just answered "click on the total number of posts in the thread"

Anger Mode Lvl 1

1) click on "Gaming Discussion"
2) click on the number that has how many posts have been posted in this thread
3) Look at the popup window that shows all the users that have posted in this thread and total posts for each and then die in a fire.

TurtleSnatcher said:

Thats what I just answered "click on the total number of posts in the thread"

Anger Mode Lvl 1

1) click on "Gaming Discussion"
2) click on the number that has how many posts have been posted in this thread
3) Look at the popup window that shows all the users that have posted in this thread and total posts for each and then die in a fire.

Don't get your panties in a bunch TurtleSnatch.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
My buddy Leguna, the infamous BEST HALO 2 PLAYER, had this to say about Haunts today:

I played Huants finally in SF4, he won 10 to 4. Yes, even a god king can bleed. I was playing very sloppy and I could have done far better. I was actually nervous playing him and it wore off the more I played. I can beat him, i know I can, just need a little more practice.

His combos are actually rather easy to get around, but its his focus cancels that are very deadly and get me all the time. He played Sagat, Akuma, Balrog and Ryu. His best character is Sagat.

LMAO. Haunts, did you happen to capture video of this "epic battle?" For the record, my wins against the self-proclaimed greatest SF4 player in the world (YES, BETTER THAN DAIGO!!!!) stands at 51-17. :lol

Top Bottom