• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Stantron said:
:lol :lol So you drove to best buy just to admire the pads in person and then leave.
I might have the same dilemma later on today.
bad-joey said:
OMG mist this post! You saw the pads and left them!! OMGG!!!
I would have bought all of them! My cash is burning in my wallet!

I need to relax :lol
pretty much :(

i was pretty deadset on getting them too
then i went saw them, jizzed in pants etc etc
and then i noticed i really don't have that much money :lol

CAVE343

Stabby McSter said:
pretty much :(

i was pretty deadset on getting them too
then i went saw them, jizzed in pants etc etc
and then i noticed i really don't have that much money :lol
Stabby McSter said:
BRB GOING TO BEST BUY
Also missed this post, makes it even better :lol

Jube3

Don't think this has been answered but, I know opening the TE stick to get inside voids the warranty but does changing the art void it as well?

dankir

Jim said:
Were these posted? Capcom USA just sent em over. This is only half... didn't want to post 50, hah.

Are these alternate costumes that are shown are unlocked in the game? Or are these the DLC ones?

The DLC ones are new costumes right?

Jube3 said:
I think someone said that the controllers and sticks were not street dated so stores are selling them as they get it in. The game is most def street dated but you'll see some stores break it and then my friend...the real hunt begins lol

oh man. i think i'm going to go to Gamestop tomorrow then.

Halvie

Banned
Jube3 said:
I think someone said that the controllers and sticks were not street dated so stores are selling them as they get it in. The game is most def street dated but you'll see some stores break it and then my friend...the real hunt begins lol

I don't think the game is street dated either. I know someone on SRK said that Gamecrazy said they would sell the game when they got it in...maybe even starting as early as the 14th.

Guled

Jube3 said:
Don't think this has been answered but, I know opening the TE stick to get inside voids the warranty but does changing the art void it as well?
I think you do have to open it to change the art, so that will void the warranty. BTW when are the templates going up markman?
dankir said:
Are these alternate costumes that are shown are unlocked in the game? Or are these the DLC ones?

The DLC ones are new costumes right?
those ones are the DLC ones, they are no unlockable costumes
Halvie said:
I don't think the game is street dated either. I know someone on SRK said that Gamecrazy said they would sell the game when they got it in...maybe even starting as early as the 14th.
the game ships out on the 17th, so I don't think stores will get it before that

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Barnes & Noble (GameStop handling the order) says that my regular fightstick should ship on Monday. Excited!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Ronabo said:
First off out of the packaging the right bumper doesn't work. Which is rather hilarious. I won't be getting a replacement from Best Buy anytime soon I bet.

As for the Dpad, it's hard to get used to. It's larger and it seems to have a hard time doing diagonals. I do love the buttons though. They are easy to press and quick.

Those are my thought based on playing with it for 30mins. I'd give it a B- for now.

I do love the look of it.

RB doesn't work? RB, the actual button on the dpad or you mean the right shoulder button?

Cuz LT LB are on top.

Let me know.

What game are you playing as well?

Some quick snaps from my Blackberry..

rvva4p.jpg

2zojk1k.jpg

2jaew7r.jpg

10hq63r.jpg

2eowug7.jpg

2qmmbec.jpg

EDIT: I'm a retard.. I apparently cant hold my phone the right way when taking pictures or edit them afterwards to flip them ... hahaha :lol

MarkMan.. Great job with the stick. Its so smooth .. I guess I honestly never been an arcade user much and the sticks at the american arcades don't even feel this good to me.. (non SF4 that is)

Ronabo

MarkMan said:
RB doesn't work? RB, the actual button on the dpad or you mean the right shoulder button?

Cuz LT LB are on top.

Let me know.

What game are you playing as well?

Oh man. You are correct. I didn't notice the Right Shoulder button was label as Left Trigger. And I didn't notice that the face buttons were labeled as the were.

I apologize for the mistake. What is the reason for them being this way?

Again I'm sorry. Thanks for the clarification.

I edited my post earlier. I'm sorry you had to do damage control.

nasero

Before I left for work I toyed with the 360 fightpad with HD Remix. The size is nice, all my buttons worked. The dpad is bigger than expected and I too need to get used to it, jumping at a angle difficult and some basic moves were inconsistant for me.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Ronabo said:
I apologize for the mistake. What is the reason for them being this way?

Don't worry about it.

The reason is... SF4 default layout... lol.

I'm assuming you were playing HD Remix?

Ronabo

MarkMan said:
Don't worry about it.

The reason is... SF4 default layout... lol.

I'm assuming you were playing HD Remix?

Yeah HD remix and just trying to navigate in the dashboard.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
gutter_trash said:
gaahhh the levely of HYPE in my veins is insanely high today, I m going bonkers!!!

Same. I must find a .gif to express my hype...

Eh, close enough I guess.

dlqb5x.gif

qcf x2

FourSerioux said:
All this hype with this game has me pumped for this game, but oddly enough I'm not a fighting fan, so here's a question for those who've had the chance to get hands on with this.

As a kid I played a ton of Street Fighter II on the SNES, not that I was good but I always loved wading through the single player (yes, I usually played the single player). I generally wasn't very good, I was a kid and I button mashed most of that, but I enjoyed it none the less. For that reason Street Fighter and it's original (sequel original) characters definitely have some nostalgia at hand.

Because of that I ended up downloading SF II Hyper Fighting when that came out on the 360 and I couldn't get into it. The online was a rather harsh ground for someone like me who isn't very good, and with the added latency I just couldn't get into it or push myself to get better. The single player also kicked my ass, I sucked so much I don't think I ever even made it to the final four.

I've tried to like this generations fighters, all of them are 3D mind you and I think the 3D fighter just frustrates me more than anything, and the games I've played have seemingly endless move lists for every character that make trying to learn characters incredibly time consuming.

Anyway, now I'm at the point where in comes Street Fighter IV, a game that sticks with it's 2D routes, has an incredible art style, and brings back a ton of nostalgia to boot. My concern lies in my experiences with Hyper Fighting in that I'm just going to be cannon fodder. I've seen the few videos that are up of the training mode, but it's hard to tell at this point how successful it's going to be. I know how to do moves, that's not my issue, I just don't know how to play fighting games strategically. Has anybody actually had the opportunity to go through training mode? I would have hoped to hear some testimonials about it by this point rather than just jot note features.

Hard to muster a question out of all this, but I'm pushing myself to pick this game up, but I definitely have my reservations, but if it's a game that I can allow me to get better there's almost no doubt of picking it up, but if it's a learning curve that beats down people trying to get better I might have a harder time forking over the money.

That nostalgia sure is a pressure point though.

I can't speak for the training mode, but the majority of the people who purchase the game will start at the same level or below where you are. It's one thing to try to jump online in a game that some of these people have literally been playing for well over a decade. Of course you're not gonna have a great experience unless you play against someone who is exactly like you. It's another thing when the game is virtually brand new. Yeah, there will be some experts on there, but most people who will purchase this game have never played it.

Snapshot King said:
*sigh* I'm not going to get my stick till March most likely, I pre-ordered it right before Gamestop took orders offline ;_;
Nah.

TE or SE expect it in the coming week.. maybe even as early as tomorrow if you chose overnight.

Really? But I ordered it literally the DAY before orders went offline. My order even says backordered!

Edit: Also, it's international shipping to Canada, so I'm worried they'll shaft me, specially since I bought 2.

I don't think it's very funny. Oh well. I still got my custom stick, I'm not in the crappy boat that a friend of mine is. All he ordered was the TE with me and aside from that, he's got a regular 360 controller. :lol

Ashhong

eff, i went to my work (gamestop) to reserve a SE stick and apparently we stopped today. damn, now i have to rely on a coworker to hold one. also my manager told me that were getting them in the day before SF4. i dont know if he meant shipping wise or street date though.

Apologies.. I was laughing at myself for thinking his order wasnt in that state and was something else. I think that it was taken a bit out of context.

Hope you do get your order Snapshot. Good to hear you have a Custom Stick to fall back on for now.

CAVE343

With all these pads and the stick floating around I'm hoping the shipments will get in stores this weekend or early next week so we can all be happy :)

Top Bottom