• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
^thanks.

so it's a timing thing I suppose. I find it frustrating doing the challenges in SFIV because it gives you NO HINT on the timing of combos.

Also, I can't not get thrown to save my life. I try to counter throws but have never successfully defended one, one opponent figured this out and threw me until my death. that was a shit experience.

CAVE343

catfish said:
^thanks.

so it's a timing thing I suppose. I find it frustrating doing the challenges in SFIV because it gives you NO HINT on the timing of combos.

Also, I can't not get thrown to save my life. I try to counter throws but have never successfully defended one, one opponent figured this out and threw me until my death. that was a shit experience.

You could dash backwards to get out of the throw range. But the challenges are pretty hard, I'm stuck on the second hard one with Ryu :-(

gutter_trash said:
I was at 3240 BP now I got knocked back down to 3170ish BP
LOL FindMyFarms is over 4000

GGs EraldoCoil and FindMyFarms today

Uhh, findmyfarms...there's probably nothing I can teach you :lol. I'll still spar against you though, but you won't find any new tricks playing or emulating me. You've probably already got what it takes to beat me :lol

Took an absolute BP beatdown today, went from 3300 to 2550 :lol. I think my hands are broken. Been playing too much of this, calm them down with some Killzone tomorrow.

Is there a way to really tell if someone quits? I've had matches where I won a round and then the connection is lost at the beginning of the 2nd but this also happens when I'm losing. Doesn't that make me look like the quitter to my opponent when I've never done this. So is it all assumption or can you really tell?

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Rice-Eater said:
Is there a way to really tell if someone quits? I've had matches where I won a round and then the connection is lost at the beginning of the 2nd but this also happens when I'm losing. Doesn't that make me look like the quitter to my opponent when I've never done this. So is it all assumption or can you really tell?
Usually they have to drop the the dashboard or they're offline if they quit. If they're still in the game, it's probably just a hiccup.

daegan

Rice-Eater said:

I've actually had a lot of people drop me after they win a round or two in ranked. I'm starting to think they feel bad for me. I think this is stupid.

Future

People werent kiddin about the difference between player matches and ranked matches online. You play ranked and its all business. No one takes any chances and plays it safe. Play player matches and you can tell people are more willing to take chances, try other characters, link supers/ultras in unexpected ways. No one disconnects cuz there is nothin to lose by losing. So much more fun.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
The flowchart kens have been replaced by Sagat's now. Running into sooo many terrible Sagat's today. At least I got my 10 wins in a row achievement off of em. :lol

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Future said:
People werent kiddin about the difference between player matches and ranked matches online. You play ranked and its all business. No one takes any chances and plays it safe. Play player matches and you can tell people are more willing to take chances, try other characters, link supers/ultras in unexpected ways. No one disconnects cuz there is nothin to lose by losing. So much more fun.
I've found player matches to be a lot more difficult too, compare to the people I find in ranked.

Killa Sasa said:
Uhh, findmyfarms...there's probably nothing I can teach you :lol. I'll still spar against you though, but you won't find any new tricks playing or emulating me. You've probably already got what it takes to beat me :lol

Took an absolute BP beatdown today, went from 3300 to 2550 :lol. I think my hands are broken. Been playing too much of this, calm them down with some Killzone tomorrow.

Unless you have 6000BP or something ridiculous, I really don't think it says that much about your skill. Me having 4000BP just means that I'm good at using Balrog to beat lots of Ryu's and Sagats, who in turn were good at beating scrubby Kens. There's a lot of people from GAF(like Gutter's Bison, Galactic's Rog, Slayn's Blanka, etc) with less BP than me that are harder than people in the 4k range. Hell, Galactic and I split our Balrog matches, and he has 0bp lol!

I'd just like to see a decent Ken in action, because up til' now I've only seen flowcharts, and I myself can't seem to win with him lol.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I still haven't figured out why Zangief is able to pull a SPD while still in the air from a jump. Is this a glitch?

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
lawblob said:
Why in the world did I waste so much time with Abel!?

After 45 hours with him, I was at 100BP. I finally gave up. After 1 hour of training with Sagat, I took him online and have won 5 of my first 9 fights. Un-freaking believable.

This is sad :(

My heavily beaten on Sakura cries in the corner.

Timedog said:
It's happened online but the first time it happened was vs. cpu.

In that case, it just looks like zangief hasn't hit the ground yet because of his animation. The game uses invisible hitboxes to determine where your character is, not their actual polygons.

McBradders

lawblob said:
After 45 hours with Abel, I had no more than 400BP. After 3 hours with Sagat, I have over 1000BP.

I know how you feel.

My highest is 700, back to 500-ish, but I'm not gonna back down, son, my Sakura will overcome or... probably not :(

albuy

Neo Member
I finaly got the "10 ranked match wins in a row" trophy wooo!!! Anyone want to play my Blanka? Add me. My PSN is: Albuy:D

atomico

finally!

2m3hbm9.jpg

took me over 40 tries to beat Seth with dhalsim :lol

Barrett2

Anyone else having problems online? Both SF4 and KZ2 are glitchy for me this morning.

McBradders said:
My highest is 700, back to 500-ish, but I'm not gonna back down, son, my Sakura will overcome or... probably not :(

I figure once I get my confidence up with Sagat, around 1500BP, I will try to learn someone new, maybe Blanka. But until then, I am having a hell of a time Tiger Kneeing the shit outta people! :D

ShinAmano

Can anyone explain the timing on Kens hard challenge 1?

I can get to the light dragon/ex cancel but not sure if I am timing those right becasue it is next to impossible to get the super out after that...

The only hard trial I have passed yet it Ryu's 1. :lol

Future said:

thats not true. i had people quitting on me 3-4x a day. its not rare.

Fei Long vs. Blanka: what do I do? my fists are nothing compared to the fury of his lightning. I wind up turtling and waiting for him to make a mistake rather than any real strategy.

ShinAmano said:
Can anyone explain the timing on Kens hard challenge 1?

I can get to the light dragon/ex cancel but not sure if I am timing those right becasue it is next to impossible to get the super out after that...

i didnt use any special timing on that trial. just do every command as soon as possible and you will win.

ShinAmano said:

They're pretty hard. So far...I've completed all of the normals...and only Akuma, Ryu, Ken and Sagat's hard trial. They're pretty insane. I quit when I got to the combo that required Abel to dash cancel twice and link into fierce.

I know I'm the minority, but they really need to simplify some of the button presses. Make the game a little simple like they did with TS (the throws, instant overhead, etc). I feel like I'm playing DDR sometimes...

I forgot there was an achievement trophy for clearing the game on medium or higher with every character. Not sure I want to play with everyone again...

And for Feilong vs. Blanka...can't you retaliate when he rolls? I'd also do hella pokes.

Mr. Jared, I can't wait till you upload the videos onto youtube. I knocked out at 11 pm PST.

the only Trials that I have completed in full are : Ryu, Honda, Dhalsim and Bison

what is up with Sagat's cr.MK into Low Tiger, EX FA, cr.MP into Tiger Knee?
how do link up the EXFADC with a cr.MP so fast?

gutter_trash said:
the only Trials that I have completed in full are : Ryu, Honda, Dhalsim and Bison

what is up with Sagat's cr.MK into Low Tiger, EX FA, cr.MP into Tiger Knee?
how do link up the EXFADC with a cr.MP so fast?

It has to be a level 2 FA, then you dash cancel and do the c.mp.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
lawblob said:
After 45 hours with Abel, I had no more than 400BP. After 3 hours with Sagat, I have over 1000BP.

I know how you feel.

Yes... embrace your anger! Let it flow through you! YOU DON'T KNOW THE POWER OF THE DARK SIDE!

ShinAmano

Augemitbutter said:
i didnt use any special timing on that trial. just do every command as soon as possible and you will win.
So the light upper hits and I FA (still on the ground) does the FA hit then into super...

Barrett2

RSTEIN said:
Yes... embrace your anger! Let it flow through you! YOU DON'T KNOW THE POWER OF THE DARK SIDE!

This morning I was using Sagat to cheaply Tiger Knee shotos into oblivion! If you can't beat the cheap bastards; join em! Pretty soon i'll be swimming in a pool full of BP, Scrooge McDuck-style!

MoxManiac

God's Beard said:
Fei Long vs. Blanka: what do I do? my fists are nothing compared to the fury of his lightning. I wind up turtling and waiting for him to make a mistake rather than any real strategy.

Welcome to fighting blanka. I think a lot of characters have to take a turtling approach to him due to his BS.

ShinAmano said:
Gotcha...so it would go:
F,D,F lp -> mk/mp F,F -> super

Please tell me this is his hardest 'Hard' Combo ;)

lol not even close

jump rk, cr. mp, cr. mk, ex hurricane, ex shoryuken, fadc, ultra

lol have fun. it's actually pretty easy to do, just looks intimidating.

EDIT:

akachan ningen, gutter_trash, & zerojay I need a match with you guys sometime today on psn. you guys seem to be the best on gaf. I'm out of my slump and been doing a lot better. last time i played gutter_trash I think i won 10-9....his damn bison. i think i had zerojay a few days ago by 3 or 4 games too. I'm tired of playing people I can pretty handily beat. I want to have my feelings hurt and ego bruised!!!!! i really wish i could have been in the gaf tournament. whens the next one?

im gonna add valle today and see if i can get a match lol. im not expecting to win a single match against him

God's Beard said:
sounds like a real strategy to me
um, if he crouchblocks like a charge fiend get in his face and use toward+MK overhead or throw
i dunno lol

_dementia said:
sounds like a real strategy to me
um, if he crouchblocks like a charge fiend get in his face and use toward+MK overhead or throw
i dunno lol
Using Fei Long against Blanka is like trying to punch an electric fence without getting shocked. It just doesn't happen.

BitchTits

Fei Long's c.MK is low enough to take Blanka out of his lightening no? It was in SF2 any way, I haven't really played Fei Long in SF4 much.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I don't know why, but it's really set in that I'm frustrated that the Tournament Edition stick still hasn't shipped to anyone in Europe... I mean, I'm lucky to have done practically everything in Time Attack, Survival and some Trials with the 360 pad, and with the Hori stick which I can feel is bad, even got some Hard Trials done with it, but I've been waiting so long for this thing to ship, even if it's just to see how big of a difference it is from the Hori EX3...

Every European site I know has it coming in the beginning of April - why oh why did they make it limited from the beginning? The SE stick and the Fight Pads came for the 360 and sold out instantly even, but I wasn't interested in either of those... I already heard about them going into normal production now, but why didn't they at least test the waters first with regular production first?

I guess they learned their lesson now, but still...

This frustration probably stems from the fact that Balrog (who's my #1 main) has a problem with pulling out the Dash Upper from a crouch stance on the 360 pad or the Hori EX3 (or maybe the timing is just different, because Dash Straight comes out every time instead of Dash Low, who knows?) and besides the fact that I'm stuck on his 4th Trial on Hard because of that one kink in the combo, it's an very, very important combo to learn - c.lp, c.lp EX Dash Upper, c.lp, c.lk, Buffalo Headbutt is something I want to incorporate into my combo list, but the damn Dash Smash comes out instead, unless I make the extra effort to do DB, UF+k, which shouldn't be necessary...

Oh well.

kobashi100 said:
does anyone else not use these silly ultra moves when playing online or is it just me? Even when losing I wont use them.
Nope, I'm addicted to Ultras and use them too often. I have my title to "Ultra" because that's what I always end up doing when I'm in a bind. Imagine the Ken Flowchart but modify it for me: Am I losing? F it, Ultra! Am I too far away? F it, Ultra!

Guess I was too big a fan of MvC2 and became used to flashy, over the top attacks.

McBradders

Skilotonn said:
I don't know why, but it's really set in that I'm frustrated that the Tournament Edition stick still hasn't shipped to anyone in Europe... I mean, I'm lucky to have done practically everything in Time Attack, Survival and some Trials with the 360 pad, and with the Hori stick which I can feel is bad, even got some Hard Trials done with it, but I've been waiting so long for this thing to ship, even if it's just to see how big of a difference it is from the Hori EX3...

Every European site I know has it coming in the beginning of April - why oh why did they make it limited from the beginning? The SE stick and the Fight Pads came for the 360 and sold out instantly even, but I wasn't interested in either of those... I already heard about them going into normal production now, but why didn't they at least test the waters first with regular production first?

I guess they learned their lesson now, but still...

This frustration probably stems from the fact that Balrog (who's my #1 main) has a problem with pulling out the Dash Upper from a crouch stance on the 360 pad or the Hori EX3 (or maybe the timing is just different, because Dash Straight comes out every time instead of Dash Low, who knows?) and besides the fact that I'm stuck on his 4th Trial on Hard because of that one kink in the combo, it's an very, very important combo to learn - c.lp, c.lp EX Dash Upper, c.lp, c.lk, Buffalo Headbutt is something I want to incorporate into my combo list, but the damn Dash Smash comes out instead, unless I make the extra effort to do DB, UF+k, which shouldn't be necessary...

Oh well.

I got a TE stick ¬_¬

Top Bottom