• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

qcf x2

TurtleSnatcher said:
Dont let it get to you.

I played you the other night with my Gen, Fuerte, and Vega.

I won like 3.. you won like 4 and trust me my 3 were pretty flukey I think..

Your Viper is sick and the only thing I could punish was your attempt for flame kick cross ups and elbows with Gens Gekiro. You caught on and quickly adjusted and started punishing me :p

You sir have a awesome Viper and you are just on a bad run at the moment.

Thanks, I do remember that trio that you chose. I don't think I've seen anyone else use those three characters together. It's normally charge/charge or shoto/shoto.
I ran off a 29 or 30 game win streak today, all in Player Matches, sadly. Viper, Rose and...

Out of boredom and my inability to do Viper's #3 Hard Trial, I decided to try Ryu for the first time...

How the hell is he so easy to use? lol...first match online and I was doing various silly juggles with his Ultra. Maybe I'll cheat and use him to build my BP back up.

Speaking of which, did they fix the server issue? And is it affecting PSN as well?

Ciel

Teknopathetic said:
GGs, Bob White! Lots of close games.

Is it just me, or is 50% of PS3 GAFChat from Texas? What's up with that?

Just the loud ones. Me (Seer) and Bananafarms. And a couple more, I think. It's a big state.

What's your name on PSN? Don't think we've played.

Ciel said:
Just the loud ones. Me (Seer) and Bananafarms. And a couple more, I think. It's a big state.

What's your name on PSN? Don't think we've played.

Actually it's Bananafriends lol. BTW were you the one that dropped out of lamar to swing phat rocks?

FindMyFarms said:
Actually it's Bananafriends lol. BTW were you the one that dropped out of lamar to swing phat rocks?

Actually, your name is whatever we say it is. We need to get some Garou in soon. If you're not too scared that your Terry will get trashed.

I'm gonna be playing some Zero 3 and CvS2 on my laptop this weekend while I'm here visiting family.

Mike Ross is a boss. Players like him interest me...as they obviously have to put more time and energy into winning matchups with a "lower tier" character. But I guess it's a case of the player making the character...not the character making the player.

GalacticAE said:
Actually, your name is whatever we say it is. We need to get some Garou in soon. If you're not too scared that your Terry will get trashed.

I'm gonna be playing some Zero 3 and CvS2 on my laptop this weekend while I'm here visiting family.

I KNOW you fruityloopuf lovin ass aint talkin! And yes I will gladly destroy u in garou.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Cowie said:
does inviting friends work even though matchmaking is borked? someone on xbl wanna try? trying to pick up viper

IT does work. Played one of my tougher friends earlier tonight. Dictator can really get on my nerves, and I had to quit sandbagging and go hard to Honda, which I haven't had to do in like 2-3 weeks. Only starting winning when the guy got so scared of my grabs, and I realized it to hit him with other stuff like slaps.

fatty

Got a question on switching up controllers between rounds:

We are playing a tourney tomorrow with a few friends, I have a stick, one has a madcatz fight pad and others will use the standard xbox controller. Is there an easy way to switch these things out between rounds, I couldn't find a practicle way to do this through the settings?

We all know how it's a pain to assign button layouts in this game and there is only one custom setting per side, whether you are using a pad or stick. How is this stuff handled during real tournaments, surely they've thought of this right? And it sucks that the TE Stick doesn't match up with any of the default button layouts.

Any help is appreciated.

h3ro

fatty said:
Got a question on switching up controllers between rounds:

We are playing a tourney tomorrow with a few friends, I have a stick, one has a madcatz fight pad and others will use the standard xbox controller. Is there an easy way to switch these things out between rounds, I couldn't find a practicle way to do this through the settings?

We all know how it's a pain to assign button layouts in this game and there is only one custom setting per side, whether you are using a pad or stick. How is this stuff handled during real tournaments, surely they've thought of this right? And it sucks that the TE Stick doesn't match up with any of the default button layouts.

Any help is appreciated.

I had the same issue when I had a family/friends SF night. I'm used to my stick, with only six face buttons, my cousins use the Mad Catz SE with eight and map FA and Throw to the last two buttons (total crap IMO :p ) and a few others only played on the standard pad.

What we ended up doing was having the matches set at 3 rounds for the win and playing 2 consecutive matches with people who used the same scheme if possible, trying to minimize the button mapping changes and switching of USB inputs...

JEKKI

omg... I played today for my first time since saturday...

I got beatdown so hard TT_TT I played like 6 ranked matches and only won 2 of them.

when did every1 get good?!?! lol

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
fuck you guys... -_-

Gafchat had me up till 4am and here I am, 4 hours later being hounded by my girl to make breakfeast and wash dishes?

Armonix you penis! Damn you for making me have too much fun.

Arde5643

Brobzoid said:
fuck you guys... -_-

Gafchat had me up till 4am and here I am, 4 hours later being hounded by my girl to make breakfeast and wash dishes?

Armonix you penis! Damn you for making me have too much fun.
You sure she didn't do it because you were having too much "fun"? :D

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
I'm damn well not blaming myself here. Armonix's shotos will pay. I bet that headbutt-baiting dick is SLEEPING RIGHT NOW. >:|

Teknopathetic said:
GGs, FindMyFarms. Got some real good fights in.

Yeah man, after that last fight my ps3 went kinda wonky, so sorry if I didn't respond to anything. GG's for real, that Bison's goin places. You've improved a lot.

Jason

I think I got my first hate mail today.

Some guy named q8cbf sent me a message saying "hi punck". Don't remember if I beat him or not. :lol

i wonder what that new announcement will be about. new characters, new stages, new music?

or just a close date for the championship patch? most probably not even that :lol

Augemitbutter said:
i wonder what that new announcement will be about. new characters, new stages, new music?

or just a close date for the championship patch? most probably not even that :lol

They should totally redo all the stages in SF2 and put them in IV. Fucking punks at capcom are stupid.

Geezer

Broken water pistol loaded with piss
I finally broke 4K, I'm so happy :D
I want to make it to 5K and then quit ranked for a while. I've played solely as Balrog online besides one match where I accidentally selected Abel! I might start training up another character, either Bison or Honda.

262410y.jpg

dralla

Spiderjericho said:
Wow, they have a bunch in stock. If you didn't get one...go, go, go...before the scalpers...

I've used BA before, they're legit

*orders* :D

wonder how they have so much though, strange

Top Bottom