• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

akachan ningen said:
When I went to mexico, they played KOF way more than SF and half of them played that way. I didn't think it was so cool.

Yea, latin america is SNK territory. Mexico is where I was exposed to the art of dragon-style.

I think I'm going to go to the Game Crazy nearby and see if I can still get a 360 copy, since they're getting the game on the 16th, which I have off from work. Amazon says they're not shipping it until the 20th. The wait is killing me...

And Spy that sucks they're placing the stick on backorder like that after you preordered it.

Chromax

Spy said:
Hello from Amazon.com.

I apologize for any inconvenience this causes regarding the shipping of this
item, but at this time "Sony PS3 Street Fighter IV FightStick Tournament
Edition" is unavailable to us and we're not sure if we'll be able to obtain it
in the future.

It is our policy to notify customers whenever such delays occur, and I sincerely
apologize that you were not notified in this case.

Further, if you are in urgent need of this item I would suggest you to please
cancel the order and purchase at your local store.

Please know that the availability and shipping time frames listed on our web
site are estimates, not guarantees. While we do our best to adhere to these
estimates, our inventory is constantly changing based on information we receive
directly from our suppliers.

Occasionally, unexpected fluctuations in supply will add time to our original
availability estimate. I do understand that such changes can be frustrating for
you. Please accept my most sincere apologies for this inconvenience. This item is currently not available and we're not sure when will
this item will be available.

I am truly sorry that we were not able to fulfill your expectations for this
level of service. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to prove the
quality of our service to you.

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.com.

Ouch..when did you order? Having a bad feeling with my order...

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
You can usually tell the scrubs from the pros in the arcade by how they hold their stick. If they grip it full fisted like they are trying to jerk it off then they're probably scrubs. But if you see them hold the head lightly between their thumb and index finger then you know you are in for a fierce fight.

bobbyflay

Neo Member
jonah777 said:
seems a bit more intuitive to me... I mean more complex hand movement is required from the stick, so I'd like to have my strong hand :)D) on it. Also helps when I'm on the right side of the stage.

unless you're left handed. *wink*

SwitchBladeKneegrow said:
hmm...is there really any reason to not get the japanese version? I'm VERY tempted just to not have to deal with gamestop...
Nothing is in english but voices?

Probably can't play that version with friends here in the States/Canada I'm guessing? I dunno may be wrong on that.

(Aren't you the guy that called the 1-800 number just once and then gave up after it got disconnected/hung up on after 5 mins) onoes?!

TurtleSnatcher said:
Nothing is in english but voices?

Probably can't play that version with friends here in the States/Canada I'm guessing? I dunno may be wrong on that.

(Aren't you the guy that called the 1-800 number just once and then gave up after it got disconnected/hung up on after 5 mins) onoes?!

Not alot of reading involved in a fighter, so japanese text wouldn't bother me. If I couldn't play online with my people though, THAT would bother me!

*yes, I'm that guy. I didn't have time to sit there and keep trying to get someone. I've e-mailed their support so we'll see what happens.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
hmm...is there really any reason to not get the japanese version? I'm VERY tempted just to not have to deal with gamestop...
The status went to pre-order. They won't have stock until Thursday. I would just wait, or, better yet, see if Fry's or any online retailers will mark the game $10 off like they usually do with big name releases. Or shop around for pre-order swag.

Not alot of reading involved in a fighter, so japanese text wouldn't bother me. If I couldn't play online with my people though, THAT would bother me!

*yes, I'm that guy. I didn't have time to sit there and keep trying to get someone. I've e-mailed their support so we'll see what happens.

Trust me.. Try again - its just a much faster response..

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Been unlocking characters and playing a bit of online. It's a bit depressing how much I suck. I'm an even match with friends, but I haven't won a single match online so far. :(

TurtleSnatcher said:
Trust me.. Try again - its just a much faster response..

I will after work tomorrow, I get nothing but hassle from most in-store employees at Gamestop so I'm quick to get angry with them. I really can't believe they sent me the wrong stick when all the e-mails from them, my account order history, AND the packing slip all say XBOX360 on them...such a dumbass mistake.

I will after work tomorrow, I get nothing but hassle from most in-store employees at Gamestop so I'm quick to get angry with them. I really can't believe they sent me the wrong stick when all the e-mails from them, my account order history, AND the packing slip all say XBOX360 on them...such a dumbass mistake.
Well that is an issue with a warehouse and not a store or the people you are calling..

If all else fails pm me.

I know that, I've calmed down now. I was damning by association...Thanks for the offer, might take you up on it if I cant get this straight by tomorrow night. I need some practice time on the stick before I get my hands on SF4!

Xabora

Spy said:
Hello from Amazon.com.

I apologize for any inconvenience this causes regarding the shipping of this
item, but at this time "Sony PS3 Street Fighter IV FightStick Tournament
Edition" is unavailable to us and we're not sure if we'll be able to obtain it
in the future.

It is our policy to notify customers whenever such delays occur, and I sincerely
apologize that you were not notified in this case.

Further, if you are in urgent need of this item I would suggest you to please
cancel the order and purchase at your local store.

Please know that the availability and shipping time frames listed on our web
site are estimates, not guarantees. While we do our best to adhere to these
estimates, our inventory is constantly changing based on information we receive
directly from our suppliers.

Occasionally, unexpected fluctuations in supply will add time to our original
availability estimate. I do understand that such changes can be frustrating for
you. Please accept my most sincere apologies for this inconvenience. This item is currently not available and we're not sure when will
this item will be available.

I am truly sorry that we were not able to fulfill your expectations for this
level of service. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to prove the
quality of our service to you.

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.com.
Sounds like they didn't get as many as they were being told... or they allowed too many pre-orders.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
So after that premature orgasm of an update I did a few days ago I have some sad news....SF IV did not arrive at my store today. ;_; The shipping date was today...but we didnt get a shipment. I am still holding out hope that the game will arrive at least a couple days early as alot big titles do...but I think I am setting myself up for dissapointment. On a positive note my manager doesnt seem to give a rats ass about when we sell the game so if it still comes in the next couple days it looks like anyone who specifically asks for the game can buy it.

Just as well I guess since amazon isnt shipping my stick till the 23rd and I really dont wanna play online with the DS3.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Well fuck me. If Capcom is backordered and Amazon isn't going either and SE sticks are almost all reserved then I don't know what to do. Will Gamestops have the SE stick in tomorrow, I might drop by and see if I can snag one.

duffey

thetrin said:
Been unlocking characters and playing a bit of online. It's a bit depressing how much I suck. I'm an even match with friends, but I haven't won a single match online so far. :(
How's the netcode? I'm really really hoping it's on par with HD Remix (360).

NameGenerated said:
Well fuck me. If Capcom is backordered and Amazon isn't going either and SE sticks are almost all reserved then I don't know what to do. Will Gamestops have the SE stick in tomorrow, I might drop by and see if I can snag one.

yeah, your best shot is to shop around stores, definitely try game rush and places like that as well. the release of the TE and SE sticks are horrible, never read of so many people getting screwed out of theirs/receiving theirs late. i feel kinda bad because i placed my pre-order the day before gamestop stopped taking them and i still get to pick mine up tomorrow : /

Darkman M

NameGenerated said:

Yeah somethings not right i bet all preorders were reallocated to gamestop to fill out their preorders hopefully im wrong but no other retailers really have an idea when they are getting the sticks yet gamestop is shipping out sticks to costumers who preordered in Late January. I preordered at Amazon & Bestbuy so if i don't receive atleast one im just gonna buy a stick on par with the TE stick from somewhere. Amazon still has my stick for delivery on the 24th and Bestbuy still says the 15th but we shall see....

After playing the game for about 6 hours tonight, i must say yes it does live up to the hype. I played online against some people over in asia (not sure where) and while lag was noticeable it was surprisingly very playable. The presentation in this game is fucking incredible though. The backgrounds are alive, and the graphics are insane. My only complain though is the music. After playing so much of HD Remix with it's iconic soundtrack, SFIV's playlist seems rather bleh.

Oh and to master this game you will need a stick. The dexterity needed to FADC a stranger in the alps can't be easily done on a pad IMO. But I must that capcom really made the inputs a whole lot more relaxed. Me and a friend played on the 360 using the analog sticks and we were able to pretty much do srk's and hadokens at will.

10/10 from me!

MIMIC

Banned
I'm so excited for this game. Haven't been this excited for a game since Halo 3. I remember having the original Street Fighter for my Genesis and pwning the CPU.

I've never played competitively but I played an avid Street Fighter fan recently (as Guile) and he told me that I "play like the CPU" (creating the illusion that my flash kicks don't require charges :lol). This guy has mastered Zangief. I HATE people who know how to play with Zangief :(

Can't wait to start playing this online. I hope I'm as good as I think I am. :D

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
NameGenerated said:

Barnesandnoble.com/using gamestop is selling the standard stick online and it's in stock for both systems.

Spy

I'm still holding out hope I'll get my TE stick from Amazon. They've always been good to me. I'll start getting nervous if I don't get an update on my shipment by the end of this week.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Matrix said:
Barnesandnoble.com/using gamestop is selling the standard stick online and it's in stock for both systems.
Thank you, kind sir. Ordered.

Spy said:
I'm still holding out hope I'll get my TE stick from Amazon. They've always been good to me. I'll start getting nervous if I don't get an update on my shipment by the end of this week.

I am too, not canceling it, that's for sure. An extra SE would be nice anyway. I wouldn't want to force the 2nd player into using the 360 D-pad. :lol

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
NameGenerated said:
Thank you, kind sir. Ordered.

I am too, not canceling it, that's for sure. An extra SE would be nice anyway. I wouldn't want to force the 2nd player into using the 360 D-pad. :lol

No problem,I ordered early yesterday from them and it was shipped out the same day,which I didn't expect since it was estimated to ship out today.Yours should ship out today if it goes anything like my order did :)

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
bdizzle said:
But I must that capcom really made the inputs a whole lot more relaxed. Me and a friend played on the 360 using the analog sticks and we were able to pretty much do srk's and hadokens at will.

10/10 from me!

This is good news for everyone, I was worried after the awesome that was HDR that this could have been tightened back up, I really, really want my girlfriend to get in to Street Fighter and am worried that it might be a little too hardcore after the mash-fest that DoA can be. :)

McBradders said:
This is good news for everyone, I was worried after the awesome that was HDR that this could have been tightened back up, I really, really want my girlfriend to get in to Street Fighter and am worried that it might be a little too hardcore after the mash-fest that DoA can be. :)

charge moves are a little harder, but i blame the 360 controller for that. i was shocked though how smooth everything felt. my friend i was playing with isn't the best player ever, but he played this a lot better than he played HD Remix. They made the game very accessible, but incredibly deep at the same time. Don't know how they pulled it off.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I just pre-ordered this today, along with the RE5 LE and KZ2.

It's going to be an awesome couple of weeks.

Darkman M

Just canceled my Amazon CE and ordered the regular edition from play-asia now that i found out the games region free.

I also read that capcom has both Japanese and English language packs on all Street Fighter disk and that it will detect what region you are in and give you that language support!

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Aeris130 said:
Someone on srk said there were no lobbies and no spectating, only 1-on-1. is this true??
i guess no spectating would suck but would'nt that be a potential cause of lag since the host would need to update spectators too?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
The site still says they don't have the game in stock yet, but Play-Asia just shipped out my order! :D

And Fedex says delivery on 2/12! Just one day to go!

Darkman M

-COOLIO- said:
i guess no spectating would suck but would'nt that be a potential cause of lag since the host would need to update spectators too?

Spectating is a really cool feature, but if they left it out to have better quality online matches im perfectly fine with it. All i want is decent one on one online matchuups :D

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Darkman M said:
Spectating is a really cool feature, but if they left it out to have better quality online matches im perfectly fine with it. All i want is decent one on one online matchuups :D
my thoughts too, i could be wrong though.

Top Bottom