• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Aeris130

I guess it won't be such a big deal is the game lacks lobbies anyway, but waiting for others without being able to see them play really sucks. I hope they at least lets you watch replays while waiting in tourneys.

Jube3

Aeris130 said:
I guess it won't be such a big deal is the game lacks lobbies anyway, but waiting for others without being able to see them play really sucks. I hope they at least lets you watch replays while waiting in tourneys.

Damn that's disappointing, as long as the room can hold multiple people I can live with it. Hopefully we can at least see healthbars if there's no spectating.

How's the online?

Is it laggy like Street Fighter 2 - original release (Xbox Live) or is it pretty decent like Street Fighter 2 HD (xbox live)?

Jube3

C- Warrior said:
How's the online?

Is it laggy like Street Fighter 2 - original release (Xbox Live) or is it pretty decent like Street Fighter 2 HD (xbox live)?

Saw this video posted on SRK
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7ADzbAI9UI&feature=channel_page

Looks pretty good. Things might change when theres a crapton of people online but so far so good. The poster after him said

Played the 360 version tonight for a good 8 hours. Online play was great. There wasn't a single instance where I felt like saying "wtf?"

Great job Capcom.

So far sounds good. Only a few more days -_-

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
The impression I got from SRK was the netcode was VF5-quality, which isn't GGPO, but should be good enough for a popular game like SF4.

"I heard with p2p it doesn't matter how many people are online, hopefully that's true."

Think about it logically. Why would it matter how many people are online when you're only connected to *one* of them and vice versa? The only potential problem lots of users online would create is with the matchmaking shit. Once you and whoever are connected, the rest of the users online won't affect you at all.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Teknopathetic said:
"I heard with p2p it doesn't matter how many people are online, hopefully that's true."

Think about it logically. Why would it matter how many people are online when you're only connected to *one* of them and vice versa? The only potential problem lots of users online would create is with the matchmaking shit. Once you and whoever are connected, the rest of the users online won't affect you at all.

...oh god, the horrors of Live :(

Jube3

Darkman M said:
Spectating is a really cool feature, but if they left it out to have better quality online matches im perfectly fine with it. All i want is decent one on one online matchuups :D

Hey darkman just saw this posted off the FAQ at srk

The online will feature a "ridiculous amount of options" including:

1. Ranked and Nonranked Matches
2. The ability to set matchmaking to only find matches with higher ranked opponents.
3. The ability to have matchmaking working during play in arcade mode, so someone can challenge you and interrupt your single player ala a real arcade.
4. Player match rooms/lobbies.
5. Ability to kick a player. (How remains to be seen)

NEW: Seems there will be spectators, as rooms have "slots", and also there is an implication that you can play people outside of your region as there is a language priority. Players can also be kicked.

So hopefully this is right, not like its gonna destroy my enjoyment of the game or anything but it would make playing online with friends more awesome :D

Just got the Xbox360 version!
Great game, lots of neat little touches. Hate the cheap end boss!
Haven't tried online yet, but kind of thinking if I should have gotten the PS3 version. The sound design is pretty good in this game, and the 360's just lacking a little oomph. Anyone know if the PS3's has uncompressed audio?

Darkman M

Jube3 said:
Hey darkman just saw this posted off the FAQ at srk

So hopefully this is right, not like its gonna destroy my enjoyment of the game or anything but it would make playing online with friends more awesome :D

This is great news if true.

Yeah I picked it up earlier this morning and played on and off throughout the day.

The online really is smooth. Gotta say I am impressed with how lag-free it is so far.

Definitely got my ass kicked quite a bit though heh.

Can't wait to play some more and hone my skills :D

Caj814

Decided to do a rough sketch for that SF4 art contest
http://www.dontpaniconline.com/designbrief/client/streetfighter4.

"Reimagining" SF for 2009 for me is thinking of how SF characters would be about 10-15 years after 3rd strike.So I decided to draw "Master"Ryu passing down his red headband over to Kens son Mel after giving him a hell of a training course.

Clickable Thumbnail.

I'm also gonna sketch out Chun Li training with a grown up version of the little girl you see in the 3rd strike intro.

ashism

Caj814 said:
Decided to do a rough sketch for that SF4 art contest
http://www.dontpaniconline.com/designbrief/client/streetfighter4.

"Reimagining" SF for 2009 for me is thinking of how SF characters would be about 10-15 years after 3rd strike.So I decided to draw "Master"Ryu passing down his red headband over to Kens son Mel after giving him a hell of a training course.

Clickable Thumbnail.

I'm also gonna sketch out Chun Li training with a grown up version of the little girl you see in the 3rd strike intro.
Joke post?
It has to be, if not I am so sorry for offending you.

McBradders

bdizzle said:
charge moves are a little harder, but i blame the 360 controller for that. i was shocked though how smooth everything felt. my friend i was playing with isn't the best player ever, but he played this a lot better than he played HD Remix. They made the game very accessible, but incredibly deep at the same time. Don't know how they pulled it off.

Capgod.

ashism

Caj814 said:
No joke,and no offence taken.I think all my work is shitacular anyways but still do it regardless:lol
I thought you were like baiting us into talking about SF lore while sharing notebook drawings.

Sorry. Ryu isn't that bad, really.

bdizzle said:
charge moves are a little harder, but i blame the 360 controller for that. i was shocked though how smooth everything felt. my friend i was playing with isn't the best player ever, but he played this a lot better than he played HD Remix. They made the game very accessible, but incredibly deep at the same time. Don't know how they pulled it off.
They pulled it off by looking at everything Brawl did wrong, laughing at them, then doing it right.

Also, criticism about that drawing. I don't think Ryu would be fitting for a beard. It's just not a Japanese person thing. His face would likely be wrinkled, if anything to show middle agedness.

Barrett2

Matrix said:
I ordered (B&N) early yesterday from them and it was shipped out the same day,which I didn't expect since it was estimated to ship out today.Yours should ship out today if it goes anything like my order did :)

Thank you kind sir. I just placed my order for SE stick, hopefully I will have the same luck.

Geezer

Broken water pistol loaded with piss
Captain N said:
So does the Japanese 360 version work on US systems?
Yes!

I cancelled my order as Sporsk said it didn't support English, it turns out it does support English. If I had kept my order I would have got it on Thursday/Friday. I can pick up the PAL version on the 20th for less than half the price though!

The lack of a lobby system is almost inexcusable. I got pretty good at DOA.U and this was in part due to observing other players' strategies, combos, set ups etc. GGGRRRR Capcom better rectify this via DLC. FREE DLC!!!

Darkman M

Level 8 Boss said:
The lack of a lobby system is almost inexcusable. I got pretty good at DOA.U and this was in part due to observing other players' strategies, combos, set ups etc. GGGRRRR Capcom better rectify this via DLC. FREE DLC!!!

Doa4 had a shit netcode atleast for me, it was unplayable online.

Guled

I just found out that SF4 will have things unlocked for home that you get from getting trophies. That is awesome, I can't believe more people are not talking about this, that was the promise of Home and SF4 is the first game that is doing that (and RE5)

yurinka

Guled said:
I just found out that SF4 will have things unlocked for home that you get from getting trophies. That is awesome, I can't believe more people are not talking about this, that was the promise of Home and SF4 is the first game that is doing that (and RE5)
More info here:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/02/10/i-love-ninjas-in-playstation-home/

I don't know why Capcom never talked about that outside Japan. Maybe because this isn't "360 exclusive" like the RE5 demo as Capcom said in their PR sheet?

I think it's a cool feature that the PS360 users should know to decide which version to buy (if they don't buy both).

McBradders

Guled said:

Zzzzzz...

def sim

it's probably because it looks hells of silly

32699398664e85bea903br7.jpg

this is only a selling point to internet system warriors

Teknoman

Aeris130 said:

Needs to have something because its boring as hell just to sit around if you get knocked out.

Teknoman said:
Needs to have something because its boring as hell just to sit around if you get knocked out.

It doesn't really make sense I mean, tekken DR let you view matches in progress and it didn't seem to make the matches laggier. If capcom can't figure it out, then maybe people should just stick to 2 player lobbies.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
*wakes up* Fuuuuuuuuuuck.gif

If there really is no spectating, that is kind of a bummer. I'll take smoother online any way, but that puts a bit more importance on the replay video system for people to see really good bouts.

I think i'll take smooth online over spectating. or at least let me stare at their health bar in the lobby with an animated gif that shoots a hadouken across the screen or something :lol

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
gutter_trash said:
I thought you only needed to clear the game with the non-unlocked characters to get Seth?

It's not specific really. Just says clear with all other characters. Could mean all other arcade character or clear with everyone else. We'll find out here sooner or later.

Top Bottom