• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Daigo Daigo Daigo Daigo!

Taking Season's Beatings 4 - you can delete that download now... :lol

Good shit tonight for real!

And hahahaha - GAF is getting 500 errors now because of the win! :lol

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Damn, that's fucking impressive. Completely downloading Fei Wong in a fucking tournament final! That's some AI shit.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Jason said:
bow.gif
daigo

this

Daigo is a cheater, he must have a computer chip in his brain or something

amazing how he adapts so fuckin quick.....most of us would have to spend hours in the lab training, reading frame data and srk to learn a matchup. Took Daigo an average of 2-3 matches:lol

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Bad weekend for Justin.

Loses his nuts to Daigo in FT10 according to Seth. 10-2. :lol
Sanford comes back from losers in MVSC2 to beat him.
Daigo comes back from losers to beat him in SFIV. Last set being 3-1.

People need to learn not to jump at Daigo. And I have never seen so many FADC Ultras in my life. :lol

Daigo, showing everyone once again he's the master of adaptation. He gets HDR, he gets SF4 against a console character, there's just no way you can't give him props. Too good.

kitzkozan

Rentahamster said:
Bye bye Justin.

I wish Sabin was here to play Daigo. (Not that I'd think he'd win, I just wanna see more Dhalsim)

Sabin wouldn't win. :lol I like the guy and enjoy his methodical style,but he's no genius like Daigo.

I can't believe he adapted so quickly,it's almost surreal.I don't think anyone else beside Daigo could do what he just did.I know that the level of play is higher in Japan,but could anyone adapt at will like Daigo just did?

OMFG wow... these grand finals were more exciting than Evo IMO.
And yes Daigo definitely earned that one no question.
Good shit. Major props to Justin who once again proves he's #1 in America.
Overall a fucking awesome tourney. Good shit.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
kitzkozan said:
Sabin wouldn't win. :lol I like the guy and enjoy his methodical style,but he's no genius like Daigo.

I can't believe he adapted so quickly,it's almost surreal.I don't think anyone else beside Daigo could do what he just did.I know that the level of play is higher in Japan,but could anyone adapt at will like Daigo just did?
Yeah, Wong beasted him. And then he learned and adapted very quickly.
The second set was Daigo 'all over the map'

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Somebody put the camera on Justin please - especially after way he was acting earlier from what Seth was saying... :lol

Without a doubt, the #1 Street Fighter IV player in the world...

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
God damn, it's 4:30 in the morning already? shiiiit, I'm hitting the sack. are the videos going to be uploaded somewhere for download? I really liked the barfights set up with a torrent and all...

bardia

lol @ Justin thinking he could take it due to daigo's lack of experience. I'm glad he lost, especially after when Seth was yelling at him to get out of daigos face when he won the a match in the winner's finals.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Gotta give props to Seth for the best commentating. No BS humor and just pure knowledge about the game and community as a whole. The man knew exactly what he was talking about.

kitzkozan

That being said,I love seeing Wong use Fei Long. :D Imagine if Fei had a reliable way to link into his ultra or even if his ultra wasn't so busted up to begin with...

If Fei Long is improved in SSF IV,I hope Wong stick with him as he's never been this entertaining to watch.

Brobzoid said:
God damn, it's 4:30 in the morning already? shiiiit, I'm hitting the sack. are the videos going to be uploaded somewhere for download? I really liked the barfights set up with a torrent and all...
they'll be up of frame-advantage.com in the near future

bardia said:
lol @ Justin thinking he could take it due to daigo's lack of experience. I'm glad he lost, especially after when Seth was yelling at him to get out of daigos face when he won the a match in the winner's finals.
Indeed.

LakeEarth

BotoxAgent said:
Daigo is a cheater, he must have a computer chip in his brain or something

amazing how he adapts so fuckin quick.....most of us would have to spend hours in the lab training, reading frame data and srk to learn a matchup. Took Daigo an average of 2-3 matches:lol
Well the chat mod said that Daigo does have the console version, has played around with console characters and studied frame data, but he hasn't had any competition against them. Still a handicap of course.

C Jones

bardia said:
Are you sure he was yelling at Justin? I wasn't sure if that was to Justin or someone else.

Daigo's adaptation is amazing. He wins HDR playing for the 2nd time in his life and SF4 playing a character he's probably never faced at a high level before. Good thing for Daigo it was 4 out of 7, I think if it was 2/3 for winners finals and 3/5 for Grand Finals, Justin would have pulled it off.

Kadey said:
Gotta give props to Seth for the best commentating. No BS humor and just pure knowledge about the game and community as a whole. The man knew exactly what he was talking about.

He talked about Justin's nuts and Sagat being a crossdresser.

I don't mind it though.

h3ro

I didn't have the audio on during the stream. What happened with Seth (Killian?) telling Justin Wong to get out of Daigo's face?

Cowie

Kadey said:

This. Nobody else can dissect a match and lay it out for you while it's happening quite like S-Kill.. The man's an encyclopedia of street fighter knowledge

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
haunts said:
Justin haters are scrubs.

Good shit Justin, next time...
Im no hater, i think he is the best SFIV player in the world.

kitzkozan

Rice-Eater said:
Daigo's adaptation is amazing. He wins HDR playing for the 2nd time in his life and SF4 playing a character he's probably never faced at a high level before. Good thing for Daigo it was 4 out of 7, I think if it was 2/3 for winners finals and 3/5 for Grand Finals, Justin would have pulled it off.

Now you understand why Arcadia view him as the 2D god. :D :D :lol

I still can't believe what just happened. :lol

Even if the game isn't released in arcades by July,I think Daigo could win the SSF IV tournament.Holy crap! What a genius. :lol

SleazyC

Sanford just came on the stream and said that he asked to fight Daigo (I think he said Daigo, stream cut out for a couple seconds) and that Daigo declined, Sanford says he thinks he is burnt out but is going to ask again.

Not 100% sure if the player that Sanford is saying declined him is Daigo because my stream cut out for a couple seconds.

C Jones

h3ro said:
I didn't have the audio on during the stream. What happened with Seth (Killian?) telling Justin Wong to get out of Daigo's face?
I think it happened twice. Seth could be heard off mic telling someone to "get him out of Daigo's face". It wasn't really clear who he was referring to though.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Man, just like a few others in here, I'm also up waaaaaaaaaay too late, it's almost 5:00 am right now, and I gotta get up early - fuck... :(

Time for bed...

Kadey said:
Bad weekend for Justin.

Loses his nuts to Daigo in FT10 according to Seth. 10-2. :lol
Sanford comes back from losers in MVSC2 to beat him.
Daigo comes back from losers to beat him in SFIV. Last set being 3-1.

People need to learn not to jump at Daigo. And I have never seen so many FADC Ultras in my life. :lol

It was 4-1 though!

bardia said:

And this is why I want to see Justin's face right now for real, IF that really happened - he's like the anti-professional when it's in the middle of a tourney - it's a game tourney and all, but you don't do shit like that, especially with people you don't know on a personal level...

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Skilotonn said:
And this is why I want to see Justin's face right now for real, IF that really happened - he's like the anti-professional when it's in the middle of a tourney - it's a game tourney and all, but you don't do shit like that, especially with people you don't know on a personal level...

I just came back from the tourney, I don't remember anybody getting in Daigo's face. I was 5 feet away from Daigo too, right behind the announcer's table. I could have reached my arm out and touched Seth. When did Seth say this?

Aedile

Cowie said:
This. Nobody else can dissect a match and lay it out for you while it's happening quite like S-Kill.. The man's an encyclopedia of street fighter knowledge

This x this. In an imaginary future where Street Fighter becomes a spectator sport on prime-time television, Killian has to be the play-by-play man. (Somebody who uses the word "salt" too much can handle the color commentary.)

And maybe they can ship Daigo over when a console-only SSF4 comes out and Wong can have a crack at him with Juri.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Sorting through photos now, will (hopefully) be posting them in a couple hours. The grand finals was absolutely genius. Witnessing the adaptation, the counters, and the counter-counters in person made this tourney one of the most amazing events I've ever been to.

Fersis

SnowWolf said:
I just came back from the tourney, I don't remember anybody getting in Daigo's face. I was 5 feet away from them too, right behind the announcer's table. I could have reached my arm out and touched Seth. When did Seth say this?
SO IT WAS YOU! :mad:

SnowWolf said:
Sorting through photos now, will (hopefully) be posting them in a couple hours. The grand finals was absolutely genius. Witnessing the adaptation, the counters, and the counter-counters in person made this tourney one of the most amazing events I've ever been to.

If it weren't for the fact that you're also a rice eating(oh you better be) Asian, I would hate you :(

Top Bottom