• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Good matches threi.

I'm still amazed that I could play that well with a 2-bar connection. I could do my usual combos pretty well. At some point I was thinking that maybe I'm getting some advantage from it, because my crouching jab seemed to slip in all of the time. And I noticed that your were missing some combos once in awhile. So maybe it wasn't that good for you?

There were also some funny moments that made me laugh out loud. Like Vega's ultra-evading-small jumps backwards after you blocked his ultra with Fuerte. :D The Guile mirror was kinda epic too.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Spiderjericho said:
The commentary was great during BFA7. Was that Evil Rashaan or Andre?

Arturo is probably the most exciting player on the East Coast thanks to his Dhalsim and Seth.

It didn't seem like he knew the Fei Long matchup very well, but great play regardless.

Rashaan, Yipes, Hu and Saki all hilarious commentating all-stars. Seth for his vast knowledge. And I remember at SBO qual, there was one really funny guy for a little while with Gootecks, he kept laughing the whole time, he was pretty good too.

Threi

notag
Rocky_Balboa said:
Good matches threi.

I'm still amazed that I could play that well with a 2-bar connection. I could do my usual combos pretty well. At some point I was thinking that maybe I'm getting some advantage from it, because my crouching jab seemed to slip in all of the time. And I noticed that your were missing some combos once in awhile. So maybe it wasn't that good for you?

There were also some funny moments that made me laugh out loud. Like Vega's ultra-evading-small jumps backwards after you blocked his ultra with Fuerte. :D The Guile mirror was kinda epic too.
It was a combination of things actually, but good games. Your Rog was solid, I noticed that you were paying attention to my stances, using lower when i was standing and overhead when i was crouching. I saw em coming, but...ya know... :p

no excuses though you owned the hell out of me :)

Unfortunately though your 30-something to 2 beatdown was the norm tonight. I think I won a total of 5 games out of a hundred.

I made a lot of people feel like pros today :lol

me too, didn't have a good night tonight. I kept choking on my win opportunities, and the lag didn't help.

how do you guys deal with Abels's juggle/resets (Idk what you call it), but I had trouble how to defend it properly and which was to block and shit.

Arpharmd B said:
Tekken 6 apparently killed the online for this. I'm having trouble finding matches and when I do they are usually of poor connection :(

Apparently, Modern Warfare 2 killed the online for this and Tekken 6 on PSN. I went online twice today and the GAFchat rooms were empty. Dead. Zero. And the search engine in this game is so putrid that it's a rarity to find a good, stable player match.

And them Nor Cal dudes seemed mad salty, as they were saying all of that Beast Coast lingo is played out. I think it spices up the match. Watching those Frame-Advantage vids and hearing Yipes say, "Chucking Plasma", "the River Dance", "Scoops", "break out the Morton's". I'd say the East has the best commentators besides Sanchez, Gootecks, Skisonic (not sure where he's from) and Seth. And the Triforce impersonation was spot on. I can't wait until the next big tournament event. It's so hilarious to watch them go at each other. But Norcal seems to be left out of the festivities (Bar Fights II and SB4).

I've been playing a ton lately and haven't had any issues getting matches on 360. Have had a lot of laggy ones though. :( It seemed like most of the folks on my friend list who bought T6 dropped it pretty quickly.

Spiderjericho said:
Apparently, Modern Warfare 2 killed the online for this and Tekken 6 on PSN. I went online twice today and the GAFchat rooms were empty. Dead. Zero. And the search engine in this game is so putrid that it's a rarity to find a good, stable player match.

It's expected, MW2 is the most anticipated game of the season hands down (I say this not being a fan of any of the COD games). I feel the pressure to buy the fucking game when 9/10 people I play with are big fans that will eat that shit up for weeks/months to come.

MW2 will probably be my main game for a while, but I'll still make time for SF4 and especailly SSF4 when that comes out. It'd be great to have a room full of GAF'ers just playing and hanging out together.

I'm probably going to leave SF4 by the wayside after MW2 and NSMBWii drop. The last local major of the year is this coming weekend, and I will finally be free from Capcom's iron grip. I'll be there day -1 for Super though. And on both systems :D

9 months is a lot of time to play the same game :lol. Have to admit though, that this game probably provided the most value out of any I own. I can't think of a game I've sunk more time into (I'm never EVER going to post my play time - I should be a lot better than I am with that much time put into it, tourneys and ranbats not included even :lol). The only ones that comes close are CoD4, Super Mario World (gotta love being a kid in the 90's), or Smash Bros Melee.

Super better be as mindblowingly awesome as this game was. The thing I'll miss the most is when something just *clicks* in Street Fighter, and you feel awesome, i.e. my first FADC. That was awesome :D

And please Capcom, PLEASE up that netcode to Blazblue level. You got the features, now up the hell outta the foundation!

FindMyFarms said:
I'll miss you killasasa. Write me ok?

I'll miss you too as you play NBA2K10 (har, caught you yesterday).

And I'd say out of the three versions, 360 Live is the best for finding opponents (the most returns) and stability (because of the number of players).

And I'm going to continue playing. The only other game I've played besides this is KOF XII (on Live for maybe two days) and Bionic Commando Rearmed. I've only watched the intro, played the first mission of Scenario and three online matches in Tekken 6.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Spiderjericho said:

And them Nor Cal dudes seemed mad salty, as they were saying all of that Beast Coast lingo is played out. I think it spices up the match. Watching those Frame-Advantage vids and hearing Yipes say, "Chucking Plasma", "the River Dance", "Scoops", "break out the Morton's". I'd say the East has the best commentators besides Sanchez, Gootecks, Skisonic (not sure where he's from) and Seth. And the Triforce impersonation was spot on. I can't wait until the next big tournament event. It's so hilarious to watch them go at each other. But Norcal seems to be left out of the festivities (Bar Fights II and SB4).

Tekken 6's online killed Tekken 6's online.

As for SFIV, most fighting games have a dedicated core that will last until the sequel.
A few will stay around after SSFIV because they won't like it (betting it will mostly be Ryu/Sagat players though)

that said: Sasa's post is why, for consoles, I'm pretty much a 100% exclusive fighting game player. The only non-fighters I've owned for console this gen were Culdcept Saga and Disgaea 3 (which I barely play). Fighters just offer too much value compared to other genres for me (I'll play other stuff on PC though)

black_vegeta said:
Oh boy, Sanford Kelly is talking about switching to C. Viper.

LOL I think EVERYONE'S played viper at one point thinking she has great potential, only to leave in disappointment.

Spiderjericho said:
I'll miss you too as you play NBA2K10 (har, caught you yesterday).

Jeez that game's been dominating my life lately, esp. "my player" mode haha.

FindMyFarms said:
LOL I think EVERYONE'S played viper at one point thinking she has great potential, only to leave in disappointment.

Jeez that game's been dominating my life lately, esp. "my player" mode haha.

Combofiend, Marn, Wong, ILUJoe, Sanford. Jeez. She seems like a spam character that requires good execution.

And I'll keep playing this game. I might buy Bayonetta, NSMB (oh wait, don't have a Wii). The only games that I run for are SF, Castlevania and Metroid.

Anybody pay attention to that stream? I was kind of put off (though I appreciate Iplaywinner providing SF weekend action).

If I can get my desktop online again, I might give this GGPO a chance.

I still play.. Pretty sure I'm past 1000 hours playtime now. I know I'm at about 700+ on console.. and I haven't touched console in the past 3-4 months since PC hit..

But this weekend I played some on console since I got a new 42" LCD TV :)

Oh wow at the daigo and justin caricatures hahaha. Is that Choi and Valle as well? And happytang/combofiend/gootecks? It's like an extra minigame, spotting the references.

T-minus until S-rank becomes a meme.

Threi

notag
Oichi said:
180px-The_Thumbs-up_position.jpg

MoxManiac

Spiderjericho said:

I still play SF4 on PSN~

I'm glad you guys quoted that. I saw it on someone's twitter (potatohead IIRC), and I exited early because I thought it was something to do with anime. Such an awesome video.

Fersis said:
:lol
Ignitz

That was funny.

And I never see you Moxmaniac. You're usually playing video games like Uncharted 2, Ratchet and Clank, etc. I remember back in HD Remix, you'd pick Zangief...and all I'd do is Shoryuken!!!!!!!

Leunam

I made my room mate ragequit. We had some friends over for the Texans game and after it was over we all started playing Tekken 6. We were all getting our asses kicked (me as Bryan and Jin, my friends as Law) by my roommates Hwoarang and Lili, so after a while we decided to play SF4.

So right off the bat I pick Ryu, who I've been toying with lately. I go on a ten game win streak against everyone. My roommate seems to take it the hardest though:

Eats the third AA SRK into EX Fireball "You're an asshole, Manuel."
Constantly getting FP SRK'd on jump-ins "It's so fucking easy to do that on a stick."
After losing 4-1 rounds for the fourth time "Fuck this game."

He goes back into his room for a while and comes back out. At this point I've been messing around with the other characters and I'm now playing Dhalsim. One of my friends picks Ryu. so we play the first round and at the start of the second, I see my roommate playing again, trying to take advantage of a character I barely know. Ends up losing again. We end the session after I've played as Abel a few matches. We all had a great time except for Vic, who take losing especially hard. No shit talking from him, no pausing the game over and over during his ultra or throw, so it was a nice change.

Rufus

Okay, I need help with execution here. Minor thing, probably. This has been driving me up the wall the past few hours and damn me for stubbornly wasting my time with it, but I'm not letting this go until I have it figured out. So, Boxer:

c.LP, c.LP x ex.dash upper

MotherFUCKER. I just don't know what I'm doing wrong. Every time I actually get it out on a fluke I have now idea what I did differently to make it work. It can't be that fucking hard, can it?

You need to wait a little more than you think for the second c.lp. IIRC, it gives huge frame advantage on hit so the window to link it is pretty huge. Try and delay the second c.lp as long as possible.

Rufus said:
Okay, I need help with execution here. Minor thing, probably. This has been driving me up the wall the past few hours and damn me for stubbornly wasting my time with it, but I'm not letting this go until I have it figured out. So, Boxer:

c.LP, c.LP x ex.dash upper

MotherFUCKER. I just don't know what I'm doing wrong. Every time I actually get it out on a fluke I have now idea what I did differently to make it work. It can't be that fucking hard, can it?

Try this: c.LP pause c.LP x ex.dash upper.

Have a slight pause between the 2 c.LP's. For some reason it registers better like that. Same goes for c.LP, c.LP x headbutt.

Yo, what's Balrog's counterpick? I've given up on the uphill battle for Cammy. Even mediocre balrog's make me eat shit. So is it Sagat or Gief? I'm leaning towards Gief but not sure if the matchup is in his favor.

Rufus

Teknopathetic said:
You need to wait a little more than you think for the second c.lp. IIRC, it gives huge frame advantage on hit so the window to link it is pretty huge. Try and delay the second c.lp as long as possible.

black_vegeta said:
Try this: c.LP pause c.LP x ex.dash upper.

Have a slight pause between the 2 c.LP's. For some reason it registers better like that. Same goes for c.LP, c.LP x headbutt.
Thanks to you both, gentlemen!

I wish the game would inform me about these intricacies.

Rufus said:
Thanks to you both, gentlemen!

I wish the game would inform me about these intricacies.

Yeah man, when I was doing his 4th hard trial, it started off with c.LP, c.LP xx ex. Dash Upper. It was a real pain in the backside until I foud out there had to be a pause in between the c.LP's. Damn game!

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
myDingling said:
Yo, what's Balrog's counterpick? I've given up on the uphill battle for Cammy. Even mediocre balrog's make me eat shit. So is it Sagat or Gief? I'm leaning towards Gief but not sure if the matchup is in his favor.

yea, them 2

PhatSaqs

Banned
myDingling said:
Rose :p

"Thanks to you both, gentlemen!

I wish the game would inform me about these intricacies"

For future reference, the thing with the c.lp, c.lp combo is that SF4 will only allow you to cancel into a special move after more than one normal move if the last normal move was linked into. You have to wait until the previous move completely finishes before starting the last. For example, c.lp, c.lp, c.lk xx headbutt, you need to wait until the second c.lp completely finishes before pressing c.lk in order for you to cancel into headbutt.

Threi

notag
myDingling said:
Bison

its free no joke

Top Bottom