• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zorbsie

Fucking Mondo! hanging on loading. Nothing burns me up more than being there at the right time and having the site take a shit.

Einbroch

Banned
Sold out.

Fuck Mondo. Seriously, this is crap. Sat at my computer for an hour only to be there at the exact moment and becuase of an unlucky break with the page I miss out on my first Olly and a LotR print.

Seriously shit. I can understand missing out because it's sold out. But because my page magically didn't load and others did? I'm done. Never again. And yes, I am mad. Rightfully so.

Sushigod7

That's pretty annoying was on the page when it refreshed took forever to load, then forever to get to address then forever to get to payment then was out of stock. I guess the poster gods shit on me again.

Sold out.

Fuck Mondo. Seriously, this is crap. Sat at my computer for an hour only to be there at the exact moment and becuase of an unlucky break with the page I miss out on my first Olly and a LotR print.

Seriously shit. I can understand missing out because it's sold out. But because my page magically didn't load and others did? I'm done. Never again. And yes, I am mad. Rightfully so.

Kind of how I feel as well. I've been refreshing since 8 am.

mjc

I started the process right away when their tweet went up and I couldn't get to the paypal page until a minute ago. Fuck this.

Got all the way to paypal checkout and it sold out. I was there a few sec after it went up, but the site was so fucking slow. Just to load up the shopping cart took 4 min

Allforce

Fucking Mondo! hanging on loading. Nothing burns me up more than being there at the right time and having the site take a shit.

I'm right there feeling your pain man, I put my son in his chair to eat lunch, came back and hit f5 and BOOM it was up.

Loading....loading....loading "ADD TO CART!" CLICK Loading....loading....loading ERROR THIS IS UNAVAILABLE

omgkitty

52419_o.gif

Meier

Olly will sell some himself.. I recommend adding his twitter feed to your texts so you can be on top of when they go on sale.

Phandy

LLLLAAAAMMMME. I went to my friends desk at work for like 4-5 minutes and come back... sold out.

Also, Whats the purpose behind doing such small print runs?

Does the sort of 'rarity' and speciality of the brand it creates for "olly moss"; worth it more than all the extra money he could be making by selling more?
Or doing secondary (possibly worse too) print runs?

IronRinn

I'm right there feeling your pain man, I put my son in his chair to eat lunch, came back and hit f5 and BOOM it was up.

Loading....loading....loading "ADD TO CART!" CLICK Loading....loading....loading ERROR THIS IS UNAVAILABLE

I managed to get it to start processing payment before it told me it sold out.

Darryl

Banned
this website really did slow to a CRAWL after the update. my first tab was loading the website instantly and then it just slowed down out of no where and refused to even open the website so i had to open a second one.

huge flashbacks to camping NMs in FFXI here

Sold out.

ya really, the problem is clearly on their end. overall i think it might make it more fair by putting a randomness element into it, who knows

Sigma722

Olly will sell some himself.. I recommend adding his twitter feed to your texts so you can be on top of when they go on sale.

When driving, remember to pull over when attempting a purchase.

All morning my internet is fine, and then when i'm at calculating shipping, the port that my ethernet cable attaches to shifts slightly enough that i don't have internet? What. The. Fuck.

I'm super confident that I would have had it if that didn't happen. FUCK.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
You're kidding me. My page notifier never went off, and I went to the bathroom and now they are gone?

Fuck this. I never get any of these.

Meier

Also, Whats the purpose behind doing such small print runs?

Does the sort of 'rarity' and speciality of the brand it creates for "olly moss"; worth it more than all the extra money he could be making by selling more?
Or doing secondary (possibly worse too) print runs?

It's a bit more complicated than that. Olly is commissioned by Mondo after they get the license from WB. They probably pay something like $10k to WB in exchange for the ability to use the license X number of times. They approach Olly and commision a print from him for some amount of money (let's say $5,000) and then he probably gets like $8-$10 of the $50 per print or something like that. These are just hypotheticals of course. The more they print, the more they'd have to pay up front. Keeping them at least relatively rare definitely helps Mondo's brand.

IronRinn

You're kidding me. My page notifier never went off, and I went to the bathroom and now they are gone?

Fuck this. I never get any of these.

I'll be honest: Check4Change has not been going off for me on the past few drops. I usually just let it refresh for me but keep an eye on the page. Didn't go off for this drop either. Don't know what has changed.

Meier

All morning my internet is fine, and then when i'm at calculating shipping, the port that my ethernet cable attaches to shifts slightly enough that i don't have internet? What. The. Fuck.

I'm super confident that I would have had it if that didn't happen. FUCK.

Don't beat yourself up. My notifier pinged and I hit it IMMEDIATELY and still just barely got in under the wire. The site was getting slaughtered.

I still have no idea how I got a Totoro. It was my first ever attempt and I didn't know any of the tricks.

Sushigod7

So is this always what happens the site slows to a crawl and lets random people through? Usually I just miss it by minutes or whatever so that is my fault but I thought for sure sitting there F5'ing the shit would have worked.

Darryl

Banned
Why only do so few? With this high of a demand why wouldn't they do more to make some more money?

there were nearly 1K prints - that's a huge amount. anymore than that and they'll take the risk of devaluing their product so much that no one will care to buy them to begin with. i already think they're playing with fire with runs of this much as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom