• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sushigod7

Wow thanks to both of you for more information on the prints/process. Olly your a awesome guy and very talented can't wait to see the 2013 plans! Someday I'll get a print and it will be a sweet victory!

Sushigod7

I don't think there are haters here. Certainly I can understand the frustration with trying to score on Mondo drops . I try the drops sometimes, but have never had any luck.

Definitely nobody hating on you at all just the situation. Has to be pretty humbling experience to have so many across the world absolutely love your work and have it sell out in seconds!

omgkitty

I don't think there are haters here. Certainly I can understand the frustration with trying to score on Mondo drops . I try the drops sometimes, but have never had any luck.

Come on Olly! I bet you wait for the tweet don't you? ;)

Also, I elect you change your avatar.

the_it_crowd_moss.jpg

Meier

I know it's tasteless to talk money on these things, but every time a drop goes down I see people counting how much dosh I have supposedly made and its something that I find weirdly irksome, mainly because it's always so far off the mark. In the interest of transparency, I'm going to be, you know, transparent. I don't make a single penny on the posters mondo sells. They offer me a commission fee, which I usually waive in favour of getting more posters to sell myself. All the money I get from these jobs is that which I make from my own sales. Mondo goes through the hooplah of licensing, fees, pr and all that bollocks. I just get shipped a pile of posters to do with as I wish. It's a brilliant relationship. They let me do basically whatever I want, and fight my corner with clients. It's fun work and I'm incredibly lucky and grateful to have it
Well my hypothetical was clearly far off the mark. :D All I was trying to do was explain that they have increased exposure the more they print/sell. I'm not at all surprised to hear that Mondo is awesome to work with. Being an Austinite, I can safely say that everything related to the Drafthouse brand in any capacity is awesome.

IronRinn

Uggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh..

Sorry all, just not used to seeing the vitriol here. I've missed on Mondo drops too. Just don't say "Fuck Mondo, seriously this is the last time" every. single. time. on here.

Welp...I know what my first post is going to be after every Mondo drop from now on!

Also, I didn't care for the movie but "The Ruins of Gotham" is a damn fine print.

I think with one more post you'll finally lose your juinor status!!!!

always great to see you drop in now and then Olly.

12/17/2012:

Beatrix Kiddo artist proof edition by Craig Drake

beatrix_kiddo.jpg

Aritst's proof, Signed, "24x"36 silkscreen print. Originally for Mondo's NY Comic Con exclusive, 2012. $70

How to buy online: http://craigdrake.bigcartel.com/product/beatrix-kiddo @ 9am Pacific Time.

Beatrix Kiddo variant artist proof edition by Craig Drake

beatrix_kiddo_blood_variant.jpg

Aritst's proof, Signed, "24x"36 silkscreen print. Originally for Mondo's NY Comic Con exclusive, 2012. $70.

How to buy online: http://craigdrake.bigcartel.com/product/beatrix-kiddo-bloody-variant-limited @ 9am Pacific Time.

O'ren Ishii artist proof edition by Craig Drake

o-ren.jpg

Aritst's proof, Signed, "24x"36 silkscreen print. Originally for Mondo Gallery, 2012. $70

How to buy online: http://craigdrake.bigcartel.com/product/o-ren-ishii @ 9am Pacific Time.

Pris artist proof edition by Craig Drake

pris.jpeg

Aritst's proof, Signed, "24x"36 silkscreen print. Originally for Mondo Gallery, 2012. $70

How to buy online: http://craigdrake.bigcartel.com/product/pris @ 9am Pacific Time.

Rachael artist proof edition by Craig Drake

Rachael.jpg

How to buy online: http://craigdrake.bigcartel.com/product/rachael @ 9am Pacific Time.

Nina artist proof edition by Craig Drake

nina.jpeg

How to buy online: http://craigdrake.bigcartel.com/product/nina @ 9am Pacific Time.

The Bride artist proof edition by Craig Drake

the_bride.jpeg

Aritst's proof, Signed, 36"x24" silkscreen print. Originally for Mondo Gallery, 2012. $70

How to buy online: http://craigdrake.bigcartel.com/product/the-bride @ 9am Pacific Time.

Deckard artist proof edition by Craig Drake

deckard.jpeg

Aritst's proof, Signed, 36"x24" silkscreen print. Originally for Mondo Gallery, 2012. $70

How to buy online: http://craigdrake.bigcartel.com/product/deckard @ 9am Pacific Time.

Sushigod7

Mockingbird you are the man, I was eyeing that O'ren. Hope I can grab one. Thanks

edit: will these be as difficult as Mondo? Never purchased from Craig Drake.

IronRinn

will these be as difficult as Mondo? Never purchased from Craig Drake.

Drake is using BigCartel which means that, unlike Mondo, once you cart it you are safe. It stores the item in your cart for 30 minutes. This also means that, often, someone is putting 6 of them in their cart for shits and giggles. Always keep refreshing a BigCartel site until it says Sold Out because prints will drop out of people's carts and go back up for sale.

Edit: It looks like he's putting up his Star Trek Voyager APs today too?

Sushigod7

Drake is using BigCartel which means that, unlike Mondo, once you cart it you are safe. It stores the item in your cart for 30 minutes. This also means that, often, someone is putting 6 of them in their cart for shits and giggles. Always keep refreshing a BigCartel site until it says Sold Out because prints will drop out of people's carts and go back up for sale.

Thanks might try and get the Beatrix and O'ren if that's the case.

Kerrinck

Is it today or on the 17th?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

Olly trying to buy his own posters? :p

If I send you $50 can you get me a LOTR? :p

omgkitty

Moss said:
2012 in cancelled projects, alternate directions, abandoned sketches and bad ideas.

All rough sketches from this year that never went anywhere, or changed drastically on the road to final.

tumblr_mf13updhA21qeqo31o4_250.jpg
tumblr_mf13updhA21qeqo31o9_250.jpg
tumblr_mf13updhA21qeqo31o3_250.jpg
tumblr_mf13updhA21qeqo31o7_250.jpg
tumblr_mf13updhA21qeqo31o2_250.jpg
tumblr_mf13updhA21qeqo31o1_250.jpg
tumblr_mf13updhA21qeqo31o5_250.jpg
tumblr_mf13updhA21qeqo31o8_250.jpg
tumblr_mf13updhA21qeqo31o10_250.jpg
tumblr_mf13updhA21qeqo31o13_r1_250.jpg

Sorry if I just ruined your day. It's already ruined mine.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Lawrence of Arabia would've been fantastic. Game of Thrones ain't too shabby either. (Even though he shouldn't have used Ghost. :p)

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
No one hates Mondo, but the process needs improving so that it's not just an open market for flippers to make some easy cash on awesome art and art lovers who have fallen for something.

I like the idea of the lottery though, at least that way it's not a life sapping, soul destroying process.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
No one hates Mondo, but the process needs improving so that it's not just an open market for flippers to make some easy cash on awesome art and art lovers who have fallen for something.

I like the idea of the lottery though, at least that way it's not a life sapping, soul destroying process.

they don't need a lottery for most of their drops though. it's just a few a year, and those, even as they are, essentially become a lottery with the way their systems work (and in reality? it's first-come-first serve)

Meier

All of the unfinished/unreleased Moss ideas are utterly brilliant. The crown formed in blood in Ghost's teeth is awesome.

All of the unfinished/unreleased Moss ideas are utterly brilliant. The crown formed in blood in Ghost's teeth is awesome.

Honestly not a fan of his GoT piece. And I love Moss and GoT. Just expected something else. Ghost wouldn't be the right direwolf for the crown in his teeth is the main problem I think. But even if it was Grey Wind it still doesn't really feel right.

omgkitty

Honestly not a fan of his GoT piece. And I love Moss and GoT. Just expected something else. Ghost wouldn't be the right direwolf for the crown in his teeth is the main problem I think. But even if it was Grey Wind it still doesn't really feel right.

You have issues.

Moss

It was part of a much larger pitch on teaser posters for season 3. It was the only thing I submitted. And yeah, Grey Wind would make more sense. For sure.

It was part of a much larger pitch on teaser posters for season 3. It was the only thing I submitted. And yeah, Grey Wind would make more sense. For sure.

Oh it's for Season 3? If this was a pitch for Season 3 and it was Grey Wind then it actually makes a big difference.

Also, I don't understand how you're still a junior. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom