• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

winstano

I asked him how much, and they'll be $25 each or all 3 for $60. Shipping from the US, which is a bit of a bugger, but hey, new Moss!

12/22/2012:

Rogues Gallery by Olly Moss

tumblr_mc7a9rlQ8W1qeqo31o2_500.jpg
tumblr_mc7a9rlQ8W1qeqo31o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mc7a9rlQ8W1qeqo31o3_500.jpg

8"x10" giclee. Numbered timed edition -- meaning the edition size would be equal to the amount ordered in a certain time period. $25 each or $60 for the set.

How to buy online: Follow @ollymoss on twitter where he'll tweet the sale link starting at 10:00 am GMT. It will be on sale for 24 hours.

zorbsie

Buying all three. These are wonderful. 24 hours gives anyone who wants them more than enough time to order it. I wonder if there will be a special random print like he did with the pokemon set.

Totally agree. I don't understand why they do such limited runs of other posters.

Is there any reason that they do super limited runs, like for Moss's Lord of the Rings poster?

Yes. Licensing agreement and restriction. Mondo is only licensed to produced X amount.

and there is a certain appeal that comes from having limited runs.

Fjolle

I asked him how much, and they'll be $25 each or all 3 for $60. Shipping from the US, which is a bit of a bugger, but hey, new Moss!

With the Pokemon print some angel wrote $10 value on the package, so at least i didn't have to pay VAT and import taxes :)

I am VERY excited for this drop. Between these, his timed DKR and his Defective Comics set, my hobby/geek room is going to have a real distinct theme haha!

Moss

Yeah, I will ask the shippers to mark the value down for international orders.

Getting stuck with customs charges is the worst, not least because they charge you a flat fee for the pleasure of having your packages opened and routed through.

Kerrinck

Olly stuff is up!

Getting stuck with customs charges is the worst, not least because they charge you a flat fee for the pleasure of having your packages opened and routed through.

Thanks man, really appreciate it.

V_Ben

Banned

That's fantastic, I've had customs charges of £20 before... they're the worst.

Picked up all 3 :)

Just ordered this set, also remembered that I still need to pick up one of them Mononoke prints (the variant) somehow in the future.
I do hope Moss gets to do more of the Studio Ghibli releases (if not the whole set!), I'd cry some tears (maybe manly ones) to see that little thing in my avatar done by him. Hah.

TxdoHawk

Can someone recommend me a framer in NYC or even better, NJ? Looking for a good balance of price and protection, simple frames will do. Failing that, what's a good resource to find out prices and quality of work for framers? (I checked the OP, but didn't see any info about this.)

keiichi

Can someone recommend me a framer in NYC or even better, NJ? Looking for a good balance of price and protection, simple frames will do. Failing that, what's a good resource to find out prices and quality of work for framers? (I checked the OP, but didn't see any info about this.)

You're going to get a lot of recommendations for http://www.americanframe.com/ , I use them myself and find the whole process pretty easy. They'll show you rough previews on how your artwork should look based on your frames, mats, etc. They have free shipping on order over $75, unless you're items are bigger then normal then a surcharge will apply. They'll also have 5% coupons every now and then (none for Dec though) :(

Check them out!

TxdoHawk

You're going to get a lot of recommendations for http://www.americanframe.com/ , I use them myself and find the whole process pretty easy. They'll show you rough previews on how your artwork should look based on your frames, mats, etc. They have free shipping on order over $75, unless you're items are bigger then normal then a surcharge will apply. They'll also have 5% coupons every now and then (none for Dec though) :(

Check them out!

Thanks for the link. I don't see any option for them to do the actual framing though...is the suggestion to buy frames from them and take the frame + print to a framer locally to get the job done?

Edit: Oh, I see, it's DIY. Hmm, yeah, this seems a lot cheaper...

b3b0p

If anyone ordered the "A Charlie Brown Christmas" Variant Edition and would be willing to sell it please let me know.

A_Charlie_Brown_Christmas-Variant_Edition.jpg

I'm still not able to find a copy of this for a reasonable price. Anyone on here that was able to purchase one and willing to sell for a small profit? That is, a reasonable price? Not half a grand.

Einbroch

Banned
Looks great!

Edit: So I was messing around with the American Frame web thingy after perusing framing ideas on EB. What do you guys think of these? Black matting with black wood = too much?
I think the black/black is too much, but I'm no expert. I like the black matting, but maybe a cream border?

Zozobra

Check them out!

Hmmm, so should I be able to upload an image of what I want to get framed to preview it? I see there's a part where you can upload an image (the "Print On Paper, Then Frame" section), but nothing happens when I click on it. Maybe I'm missing something here...

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Looks great!

Edit: So I was messing around with the American Frame web thingy after perusing framing ideas on EB. What do you guys think of these? Black matting with black wood = too much?

It's got potential to look really cool. It's really going to depend on how much of a contrast you can get between the matting and the frame. As long as the matting stays the dark grey it is in the photos, it should turn out pretty good.

Telosfortelos

Advocate for the People
A friend gave me the 13 Assassins blue variant as a gift (an amazing gift, I might add - it looks spectacular in person).

This is my first pop art print, and I'm really excited to try my hand at framing. What are some favorite places to order frames and materials?

Sushigod7

A friend gave me the 13 Assassins blue variant as a gift (an amazing gift, I might add - it looks spectacular in person).

This is my first pop art print, and I'm really excited to try my hand at framing. What are some favorite places to order frames and materials?

That print is a beauty wish I had a friend that awesome, my wife wouldn't have even thought to buy that for me. ***sigh*** I'm curious to what people use for materials I have not bought much online I usually find frames where ever I can but once I get a more valuable print like these I will throw down for some professional materials.

Meier

Woot! My bro came through with the Olly Moss silhouettes book. He got it from the store Olly did the signing at but it's just his little OM logo since I don't think he made it on the same day. Very excited nonetheless!

It's absolutely genius btw. His first acknowledgement cracked me up.

"Parents, natch."

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Woot! My bro came through with the Olly Moss silhouettes book. He got it from the storm Olly did the signing at but it's just his little OM logo since I don't think he made it on the same day. Very excited nonetheless!

It's absolutely genius btw. His first acknowledgement cracked me up.

"Parents, natch."

The little OM is Olly's new sig. Kind of a bummer though it IS his style

Meier

The little OM is Olly's new sig. Kind of a bummer though it IS his style
Yeah, I saw it used somewhere else as well. I figure if you went the day he was signing he would have done some level of personalization but that's okay. I was just super excited to get it. :D

V_Ben

Banned
I got a surprise today... my Mum had gone off with one of my posters and got it framed in a frame my Grandfather had. Looks fantastic.

F0Ppb.jpg

Did he say when the rouges gallery prints are shipping? I just ordered them and never checked.

He has to print over 1,100 each, hand-number them, and then ship; plus, it's the holidays as well so I suspect it will take quite a while for them to start arriving. Going by Double Ghost and the Pokemon prints, I would guess a month or two?

Sigma722

Hmmm, so should I be able to upload an image of what I want to get framed to preview it? I see there's a part where you can upload an image (the "Print On Paper, Then Frame" section), but nothing happens when I click on it. Maybe I'm missing something here...

As cool as AmericanFrame is, their website is pretty much a piece of crap. You most likely cannot upload your pic because you are using chrome.. Switching to IE will fix that..

UP NOW:

EP 303 "The Plateau" by Mark Englert

frame5b.jpg

*what you see above is the one screenprint both in regular light, and in glow in the dark. It is just one print though.

36 x 12 inches, 5 color glow-in-the-dark screenprint

hand numbered edition of 150 (100 available). $30.

How to buy online: http://fringebenefitsproject.com/fr/p2/
Tempted, but the checkout site doesn't become HTTPS before asking for my credit card, so that's a no go.

Sushigod7

Wow that Fringe print is amazing! Of course sold out, lol. That's pretty bad the site isn't secured though I wouldn't be to comfortable with that either.

Got this guy hung up on the wall today. Picture doesn't really do it justice.

1CmJpl.jpg

Now I am just playing the waiting game for my Moss LOTR print.
It has been sitting in Indianapolis since the 24th which is concerning.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom