• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stencil

They announced their next vinyl release will be on friday.

blog.mondotees.com

The fringe series is like a surprise thing. No real word on artists until they are released, I believe. Could be wrong, but I'm assuming it is the same as their breaking bad series.

So... No word on WHEN the Drive vinyl is being released? I read the blog ...

Really? Man wish I would have been keeping track I'm at home with my daughter today. That's awesome you got both.

I'm not entirely sure I want the one I got its going to depend on how much I like it when I see it in person and if I can find a place for it. I'll PM you once I get it maybe we can work something out.

Hey, the final cost of the Pikmin print is going to be $11 + shipping. a bit cheaper than I had thought.

If you're doing local pick up the price is $10.25 cash in-person.

PM me your zip codes / mailing address and paypal emails so I can start calculating shipping costs. They should be no more than $5 domestic.

What what? Is it Wii U/Nintendo related as well?

One of the two might be Wii U owners exclusive. The other might have a pre-requisite if you want to purchase one as well. Not sure yet. But the pre-requisite is easily met and is sort of fun; plus, if you don't meet this pre-requisite you probably won't be wanting the print.

Hey, the final cost of the Pikmin print is going to be $11 + shipping. a bit cheaper than I had thought.

If you're doing local pick up the price is $10.25 cash in-person.

PM me your zip codes / mailing address and paypal emails so I can start calculating shipping costs. They should be no more than $5 domestic.

One of the two might be Wii U owners exclusive. The other might have a pre-requisite if you want to purchase one as well. Not sure yet. But the pre-requisite is easily met and is sort of fun; plus, if you don't meet this pre-requisite you probably won't be wanting the print.
Fuck. I can i still get one?

Fuck. I can i still get one?

Gah, where were you all this time? Do you already own a Wii U? If so, then possibly. I have 1 extra print in case any should arrive damaged/lost in transit. Thinking about it now, having only 1 extra replacement was probably a bad move. But should all 38 others arrive safely then I can send you the 1.

UP NOW:

EP 303 "The Plateau" by Mark Englert

frame5b.jpg

*what you see above is the one screenprint both in regular light, and in glow in the dark. It is just one print though.

36 x 12 inches, 5 color glow-in-the-dark screenprint

hand numbered edition of 150 (100 available). $30.

How to buy online: http://fringebenefitsproject.com/fr/p2/

DAMMMNNNITT. that's what I get for not checking into this thread... I would have been all over this. :(

IronRinn

I saw the tweet for Moss' AP drop but everything looked way expensive ? any reason why that would've been worth it?

Most artists up their prices based on aftermarket prices at the time. Moss is pretty fair with his pricing, especially with that Spider Boobs print. Anyone who picked up one of those today got it for a steal.

I saw the tweet for Moss' AP drop but everything looked way expensive ? any reason why that would've been worth it?

If you wanted any of those prints, Moss' price was the cheapest available; plus, they're signed by him as well. and to go back a few pages, buying from this ap drop helps support Moss' as an artist as well, as this is basically the only way he earns money off those posters he did (since he waives the commission fee for a larger artist proof run and that larger artist proof run benefits the consumer cause there are more copies available).

Sigma722

If anyone got either and wouldn't mind letting one go... I'd be very grateful. Been watching all morning, and then started building some code. Anyways.. I failed.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Most artists up their prices based on aftermarket prices at the time. Moss is pretty fair with his pricing, especially with that Spider Boobs print. Anyone who picked up one of those today got it for a steal.

Spiderboobs was part of the original run of 300, which was created and sold by Olly, so it shouldn't have gone up at all.

The Mondo prints were super fairly priced, all below market for the unsigned regulars (Mr. Smith and Bride were the closest to market prices...) and these for APs directly from the artist.

+1 Spiderboobs though :-D. Olly dropped them right before I was about to jump in the shower. Whew

Sushigod7

Wow another drop I totally missed. Sigh... I probably wouldn't have been able to afford anything today anyway I broke down and bought a Moss Mononoke print. That LOTR would have been very tempting and worth every penny to Moss he deserves it. Why anyone would complain about the pricing is beyond me, when just a few pages back Moss himself explained this is how he makes money from the prints.

DAMMMNNNITT. that's what I get for not checking into this thread... I would have been all over this. :(

Yea I saw this after it's drop and cried. I feel exactly the same way. I would have placed it on the opposite wall of my BTTF print. It's such an amazing print and concept. I love the duality theme of Fringe :(

The worst part is a lot of fringe fans got them I think because I don't even see any on the aftermarket anymore.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Yea I saw this after it's drop and cried. I feel exactly the same way. I would have placed it on the opposite wall of my BTTF print. It's such an amazing print and concept. I love the duality theme of Fringe :(

The worst part is a lot of fringe fans got them I think because I don't even see any on the aftermarket anymore.

yeah, it was up for close to an hour

Sushigod7

How quickly are the last two Fringe prints going to be dropping? They seem to be weekly, #2 was the stand out so far can't wait to see the last two.

A little something different. Hit up a sports collectible store and the owner had this for $35. He got it in an old Rose Bowl Program. It's from 1964 and is silk screened. It's in gorgeous shape for it's age and really captures the time period. It's also large at 45x30.Now, need to just pay to get it flattened and framed.

Sushigod7

A little something different. Hit up a sports collectible store and the owner had this for $35. He got it in an old Rose Bowl Program. It's from 1964 and is silk screened. It's in gorgeous shape for it's age and really captures the time period. It's also large at 45x30.Now, need to just pay to get it flattened and framed.

Wow that is amazing! I love stories like this totally off the beaten path and that looks amazing. I've never had a folded poster done professionally do they have a trick to flatten where it's not as noticeable?

Wow that is amazing! I love stories like this totally off the beaten path and that looks amazing. I've never had a folded poster done professionally do they have a trick to flatten where it's not as noticeable?

I'd imagine so, as I've seen folded one sheets in pretty stellar shape with minimal lines after they've been mounted and framed. In fact I have a Gremlins one sheet that was exactly this.

Sushigod7

I'd imagine so, as I've seen folded one sheets in pretty stellar shape with minimal lines after they've been mounted and framed. In fact I have a Gremlins one sheet that was exactly this.

Nice post a picture when you get it done would love to see the finished product. Nice find!

UP NOW:

Come Out and Play... artist proof edition by Dave Perillo

WarriorsSmall.jpg

This is a limited edition screenprint created exclusively for Gallery 1988's 2012 Crazy 4 Cult show, inspired by the 1979 cult classic "The Warriors"

please note: these posters are from my run of artist proofs, a small run of prints separate from the edition of 50 sold at the gallery.

• 18" x 24" 4-color screenprint
• cougar natural 100lb cover
• signed and numbered by the artist
• ships rolled via USPS priority mail
• united states shipping: $15.00
• $1.00 shipping for additional products to the same order
$55

*PLEASE NOTE: All orders will be shipped to the address that is listed on your Paypal Account. Please make sure this address is where you would like the item shipped.

How to buy online: http://montygogsartorama.bigcartel.com/product/come-out-and-play

Avengers: Earth's Mightest... by Dave Perillo

AvengersSmall.jpg

This is a limited edition screenprint created exclusively for Gallery 1988 and Marvel for the release of the 2012 movie "The Avengers"

please note: this print is from the 1-175 numbered run.

• 18" x 24" 5-color screenprint
• cougar natural 100lb cover
• united states shipping: $15.00
$55

*PLEASE NOTE: All orders will be shipped to the address that is listed on your Paypal Account. Please make sure this address is where you would like the item shipped.

How to buy online: http://montygogsartorama.bigcartel.com/product/avengers-earth-s-mightest

Adventure Time: Marathon Feast artist proof edition by Dave Perillo

tumblr_m3bec18SQT1qb6hq7o1_1280.jpg

Produced through Mondo this is an officially licensed screenprint based off the characters from the show Adventure Time.

these posters are from my run of artist proofs, a small run of prints separate from the edition of 245 that was given out to those who attended Mondo's Adventure Time: Marathon Feast held on April 28th, 2012 at the Alamo Drafthouse.

• 24"x36"" 6-color screenprint
• 100lb cougar natural
• United States shipping: $15.00
$95

How to buy online: http://montygogsartorama.bigcartel.com/product/adventure-time-marathon-feast

That Mondo Adventure time feast print is my favorite adventure time print. The only thing I dislike is the event info -- though it's understandable that it's there as it was made for an event. It might also be the only 24x36 AT print.

IronRinn

Tried to find this one your talking about, all I get is that awesome TV show about Perry Mason. I don't think he was into Adventure Time looking at the pics.

Edit: Oh, omgkitty is probably right, so this one, then

Perhaps he's thinking of this one?

atcreepsarchive_thumb.JPG

Which I own and it's great in person. Would love to track down a copy of his AT/Totoro piece at some point without having to sell an organ.

That Mondo Adventure time feast print is my favorite adventure time print. The only thing I dislike is the event info -- though it's understandable that it's there as it was made for an event. It might also be the only 24x36 AT print.

I really like it too — just can't swing it at the moment. Probably better off too, I already have more AT prints than I need, really. The Harrison piece above is also 24x36.

Hey regarding the Wii U Pikmin prints, there was a confusion over the size. The image ended up being 7"x5" on an 10"x8" piece of paper so the printing cost ends up being more expensive, unfortunately. The price per print thus has to go up by a tad. It will be $1.90 more per print, so the price per print is $12.90. Sorry for the confusion. I hope this is ok. But with that said 8x10 is standard frame-size so it should be easier to frame.

1/9/2013:

The Mummy artist proof edition by Jay Shaw

MUMMY_FINAL_PREVIEW.jpg

18″ x 24″ Screenprint, AP Edition of 33, $35.

How to buy online: http://www.postersandtoys.net/servlet/Categories?category=New+Stuff @ 2pm Central Time

Creature from the Black Lagoon artist proof edition by Jay Shaw

CREATURE_FINAL_PREVIEW.jpg

18″ x 24″ Screenprint, AP Edition of 33, $35.

How to buy online: http://www.postersandtoys.net/servlet/Categories?category=New+Stuff @ 2pm Central Time

The Wolfman artist proof edition by Jay Shaw

WOLF_MAN_FINAL_PREVIEW.jpg

18″ x 24″ Screenprint, AP Edition of 34, $35.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Wait, did he screen more Sanctuary Moons?

I picked up a green version a year or two ago from Cotton Candy. Was that a variant? I always see it with the blue.

IronRinn

Wait, did he screen more Sanctuary Moons?

I picked up a green version a year or two ago from Cotton Candy. Was that a variant? I always see it with the blue.

The whole thing is a bit confusing to me. I've not seen a green version and I'm kind of shocked that Mondo/Lucas (Disney now, I guess) would allow for more editions.

Unrelated: Received my print from JC Richard's holiday sale and while it appears that the print is undamaged it was shipped with the end-caps un-taped. Why would you do that!? It's insanity I tell you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom