• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Dammit, I would kill for that Fringe poster.

Aw hell, if someone got it and is willing to swap for Englert's Walking Dead inspired glow-in-the-dark print, hit me up via PM. I need that print dammit.

Nice work Drew. On teefury today
1352319594_bot-incept.jpg

Wii U Early Adopters Print #0

Pikmin by Bobby O'Herlihy ( http://cynicwithapencil.blogspot.com/ )

Bobby O'Herlihy said:
I felt as though the world was lacking Pikmin art, so I present you with some Pikmins.

tumblr_mfrsk2Qgit1s1l2ooo1_1280.jpg

5"x7" giclee. Hand-numbered. Edition size limited to the amount of orders from Wii-U early adopters. You must own a Wii-U by December 31, 2012 to order. Printing by Giclee Today. Price is still not finalized but should be around $12.50 each + shipping (assuming everyone on this list buys a print). Expected to be shipped in January 2013.

How to buy online: You must own a Wii-U by December 31, 2012 to order. PM me or post here that you're interested in purchasing one.

List of interested parties:

Expressobeans:

1. Googscarley
2. RottenAtom
3. MovieManJeff1012
4. Mobius006
5. Darkknight37
6. Starkdesign
7. finalfilppula

Neogaf:

1. Mockingbird
2. Listerfeend
3. jstevenson
4. Thekonamicode
5. Count Dookake
6. RedStep
7. Dreweyes
8. Moop2000
9. Darryl
10. Trevelyan
11. DrAndonuts
12. BreakyBoy
13. Chairhome
14. IronRinn
15. Lambtron
16. Riptwo
17. Sigma722
18. VGChampion
19. Sushigod7
20. Greyvvolf
21. polyh3dron
22. risible
23. Valerie Cherish
24. Kalren
25. persongr
26. Crazypanda_85
27. Kyou

I think it's very fitting for the Wii U, as Pikmin 3 is one of the stronger launch-window titles; plus, they're responsible for the data transfer sequence of the Wii to Wii U.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9q4uaI5sIY

My wife and I are going to move into our first house in a few months and I'm looking forward to finding a Mondo poster for our Den. Outside of Mondo prints from Olly Moss, Martin A. and Tyler S., what other prints would you guys recommend that is artistically on the same level. I would like a limited print but it doesn't matter the most to us. We just want good stuff for our home.

Wii U Early Adopters Print #0

Pikmin by Bobby O'Herlihy ( http://cynicwithapencil.blogspot.com/ )

tumblr_mfrsk2Qgit1s1l2ooo1_1280.jpg

5"x7" giclee. Hand-numbered. Edition size limited to the amount of orders from Wii-U early adopters. You must own a Wii-U by December 31, 2012 to order. Printing by Giclee Today. Price is still not finalized but should be around $12.50 each + shipping (assuming everyone on this list buys a print). Expected to be shipped in January 2013.

Sign me up!

That print looks awesome! Love the final version where will we be buying from?

I'll be handling all the sales and shipping. What I'm going to do is set a few deadlines:

Post that you want one if you have a Wii U by the end of December 31, 2012 to make the list.

Then I will PM confirmations to those that are already on the list if they still want one or not with an approximate quote with shipping and paypal fees included (Expect it to be $3.50~$5 tops). You will have until January 6th to confirm you're still interested and are committed to paying.

Then I will order x amount to be printed on January 7th.

Then once the orders come in I will send an invoice via paypal to everyone that's getting one.

International is fine, but shipping will cost more. I'd prefer to ship it via USPS Priority Flat-Rate International cause it won't get lost that way, but if you insists on using a cheaper, slower option that's fine as well. I'm just worried it will get lost overseas -- cause it happens.

If you are in the Los angeles area and want to do local pick up it will be cheaper due to no paypal fees/shipping. So let me know.

Love that Pikmin art, but I don't own a Wii-U. Is that the only way to pick one up?

Unfortunately, yes -- as that was the reason why the print was commissioned in the first place. The next print won't have that restriction though, assuming everything goes smoothly this first time.

Today is the last day to confirm your Wii U if for the Pikmin art print. =)

as of right now it will look to be an edition of an even 40 (as there are some not on neogaf/EB) and maybe one or two for possible damaged prints.

Meier

Was gonna go to Gamestop and pick up a Wii U today for the Pikmin print but ultimately I don't think I'd use it much if at all til Pikmin is out so I'm going to hold off and hope maybe there is a deal or bundle when it comes out. Sad to not get the print but ahh well.

1/3/2013:

Jurassic Park by Ken Taylor

e1357153993.jpg

Poster by Ken Taylor. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 475. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $50

How to buy online: http://www.mondotees.com/POSTERS_c_12.html @ a random time.

Jurassic Park Variant Edition by Ken Taylor

e1357154124.jpg

Poster by Ken Taylor. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 225. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $75

How to buy online: http://www.mondotees.com/POSTERS_c_12.html @ a random time.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
8OCiDl.jpg

Street Fighter Ukiyo-e Heroes tryptic back from the framers, happy!

Nice framing job! I'm waiting somewhat impatiently on my Samus woodblock print. I'm really excited about it, but there's still a few months to go if they even keep to their posted schedule.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
I found this in the tube that I got my Stout Reservoir Dogs in. It's a sticker. Any idea what the source material is? Is it worth anything?

bu3dOl.jpg

Sigma722

What news did I miss?

I'm going to try for this Mondo, think I'll be home not a must have but I like it.

By the way is there a preview of the upcoming Fringe prints?

They announced their next vinyl release will be on friday.

blog.mondotees.com

The fringe series is like a surprise thing. No real word on artists until they are released, I believe. Could be wrong, but I'm assuming it is the same as their breaking bad series.

Dark Knight

Neo Member
Buried in the blog post on Mondo was more exciting news, the Drive vinyl is being pressed right now, which means that we should also see a Stout Drive poster to go along with the vinyl release.

Axiom

jErC3IsALWtfr.jpg

Finally got my Mark Englert framed today, and the giant sun is appropriate given how crazy hot it has been today.

Update on the Pikmin art print.

The file has been sent off to the printer. Edition size is 39.

Plus! The next art print has been decided!!! Not sure if it will be #2 or #3 but in terms of what it will be has been decided.

Sushigod7

Update on the Pikmin art print.

The file has been sent off to the printer. Edition size is 39.

Plus! The next art print has been decided!!! Not sure if it will be #2 or #3 but in terms of what it will be has been decided.

What what? Is it Wii U/Nintendo related as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom