• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
UP SOON:

Optimus Prime artist proof edition by Kevin Tong

OptimusPrime-FINAL_REGULAR_2_0003_Layer_1.jpg

Six color screen print on 24 x 36 inch 100 lb White Cover Paper with metallic inks. signed/numbered artist proof edition. $80

How to buy online: http://tragicsunshine.com/art_prints/optimus-prime-regular @ a random time.

grendelrt

Can you guys recommend a good place to get some acid free backing or paper? I have this nice old X-O Manowar poster from the early 90s that I have a frame for, but I want to put something acid free behind it so it doesnt yellow.

Also I am trying to get a couple Mondo prints, are there any good online resources where I could get frames or matting for them?

lupinko

I still really like that Tarantino poster but I just don't know if I would want to hang a poster of a director.

Well, he was also in his own movies (Mr. Brown, Jimmy, answering machine guy, the bartender in Death Proof, Waltz's hands choking Diane Kruger, the Aussie slave transporter, etc.), so I guess that also counts?

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
good seeing you last night mockingbird... sorry I had to bail. Wifey had been a trooper and hadn't had anything to eat. She was pretty much done.

fun show.

Sushigod7

I never watched Buck Rogers but I'm digging that print. Hero Complex has a ton of nice prints, thanks Mockingbird your going to get me in trouble with the wife.

Kerrinck

I never watched Buck Rogers but I'm digging that print. Hero Complex has a ton of nice prints, thanks Mockingbird your going to get me in trouble with the wife.

Same here. I love the print but I had no idea who buck Rogers was prior to this so I will probably be skipping it.

Sushigod7

Same here. I love the print but I had no idea who buck Rogers was prior to this so I will probably be skipping it.

Depends on your age I know of the show and saw it when I was little but I'm only 33 so wasn't as big of a deal for me. When it first came out though it was a pretty big deal.

Kerrinck

Depends on your age I know of the show and saw it when I was little but I'm only 33 so wasn't as big of a deal for me. When it first came out though it was a pretty big deal.

Ouh it's not really an age thing since I am pretty close to 30 myself. It's just that the character never had any presence here in my country, seems like he is mostly connected to american culture.

Sushigod7

Ouh it's not really an age thing since I am pretty close to 30 myself. It's just that the character never had any presence here in my country, seems like he is mostly connected to american culture.

Sorry your right! Didn't realize you were overseas somewhere it most certainly is a cheesy American show from back in the day. Well cheesy now.

Kerrinck

Sorry your right! Didn't realize you were overseas somewhere it most certainly is a cheesy American show from back in the day. Well cheesy now.

No worries, this is a pretty US centric forum :).
I think cable only got popular here in Brazil in the early 90's so we missed a lot of US culture prior to that era.

1/15/2013:

What's Opera Doc? artist proof edition by Tom Whalen

e1346866284.jpg

produced through mondo under license from warner bros., this is an officially licensed screenprint based on the classic "what's opera doc?" merrie melodies short.

the poster is one of my run of artist proofs, a small run of prints separate from the edition of 270 that sold through mondo.

• 18"x24" 6-color screenprint
• neenah classic antique gray 100C
• from an edition of 35 artist proofs
• signed and numbered by the artist
• ships rolled via USPS priority mail
• united states shipping: $15 any size order
• international shipping: $20 any size order
$50

How to by online: http://strongstuffshop.bigcartel.com/product/duck-rabbit-duck-ap-screenprint @ a random time.

What's Opera Doc? Variant artist proof edition by Tom Whalen

e1346866403.jpg

produced through mondo under license from warner bros., this is an officially licensed screenprint based on the classic "what's opera doc?" merrie melodies short.

the poster is one of my run of artist proofs, a small run of prints separate from the edition of 90 that sold through mondo.

• from an edition of 24 artist proofs
$80

How to by online: http://strongstuffshop.bigcartel.com/product/rabbit-seasoning-ap-screenprint @ a random time.

UP NOW:

What's Opera Doc? artist proof edition by Tom Whalen

e1346866284.jpg

the poster is one of my run of artist proofs, a small run of prints separate from the edition of 270 that sold through mondo.

• from an edition of 35 artist proofs
$50

How to by online: http://strongstuffshop.bigcartel.com/product/duck-rabbit-duck-ap-screenprint

What's Opera Doc? Variant artist proof edition by Tom Whalen

e1346866403.jpg

the poster is one of my run of artist proofs, a small run of prints separate from the edition of 90 that sold through mondo.

• from an edition of 24 artist proofs
$80

How to by online: http://strongstuffshop.bigcartel.com/product/rabbit-seasoning-ap-screenprint

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
It is weird that the normal run size will sell out on Mondo within minutes but the AP run of 35 will be hanging out for an hour or more.

it's not hanging out, it's carted. people are holding them in carts, trying to re-sell or flip or seeing what the market does.

if it had a mondo like system, it'd sell out immediately

Kerrinck

it's not hanging out, it's carted. people are holding them in carts, trying to re-sell or flip or seeing what the market does.

if it had a mondo like system, it'd sell out immediately

Which is why I prefer Mondo's system. I never seem to have any luck with the carting method.

Pikmin prints will be arriving at the end of of the week. Should start sending invoices and shipping orders as soon as I get them.

Yay!

So if you requested one and have yet to send me your shipping addy and paypal email, please do so.

I'm reaaaally liking that Jaws poster.

Pikmin prints will be arriving at the end of of the week. Should start sending invoices and shipping orders as soon as I get them.

Yay!

So if you requested one and have yet to send me your shipping addy and paypal email, please do so.

Awesome!

IronRinn

I don't know how well it works as a Jaws poster (though I do like the umbrella/shark fin nod) but god damn do I like that print.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
all of Durieux's stuff is stunning. The actual photos on Mondo's blog look great.

Also, I remind you that the Buck Rogers on the Hero Complex gallery isn't sold out, and it's killer too.

I think the Mitchell ET is stunning too. I like it better than the McCarthy.

IronRinn

all of Durieux's stuff is stunning. The actual photos on Mondo's blog look great.

Also, I remind you that the Buck Rogers on the Hero Complex gallery isn't sold out, and it's killer too.

I think the Mitchell ET is stunning too. I like it better than the McCarthy.

Yeah, I have held off on the Buck Rogers piece. It's beautiful, but I'm not a big enough fan of the subject matter to get it.

As for the Mitchell, I don't know. I love his work. I have a number of his prints, but this one is just kind of boring to me, especially in comparison to McCarthy's print. That was a real home run in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom