• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sushigod7

Oh god I need both of those they are going to get posted at the same time and I'll be screwed. Son of a bitch what am I going to do.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Wow you did? That is certainly impressive I couldn't get one on the LOTR drop! lol No disrespect to Durieux but will his sell as fast as the Moss prints usually do?

no, it should be fast, but a calmish drop. I don't expect the site crashing or coming to a halt like a Moss/Ansin/Stout drop

the question will be what the Jaws fanbase is.

Sushigod7

Absolutely love the 'Jaws', Durieux is very quickly becoming my new favorite. Noooooooot feeling the Mitchell ET. At all. Nowhere near the McCarthy...

I just looked up the McCarthy ET, that is awesome I might just hold off on the Mitchell and buy the other at some point. Hope to get Jaws today.

Sushigod7

Got Jaws! My first successful Mondo drop, was getting nervous I was on the phone and wasn't refreshing constantly but still managed to get one. Can't wait to get it on the wall.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
easy peasy drop day. though mondo's site was obviously not running super smooth (nothing like a Moss day... but far worse than other drops I've seen). Lots of fans of those movies, I suppose

Sushigod7

easy peasy drop day. though mondo's site was obviously not running super smooth (nothing like a Moss day... but far worse than other drops I've seen). Lots of fans of those movies, I suppose

Yeah had a couple hang ups when I held my breath hope and pray I can get the next Moss/Ghibli print if that happens this year. I'll have to really concentrate that day no distractions no work calls etc.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Yeah had a couple hang ups when I held my breath hope and pray I can get the next Moss/Ghibli print if that happens this year. I'll have to really concentrate that day no distractions no work calls etc.

I think it's pretty likely we'll see Spirited Away soon.

Sigma722

Plus they had the added amount of people watching it considering aintitcool announced it versus just mondo.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Plus they had the added amount of people watching it considering aintitcool announced it versus just mondo.

well, keep in mind just about every Mondo drop is covered by another outlet before Mondo blasts it.

Mondo's twitter account alone though is enough to sellout any print

KlotePino

Got the jaws but I'm scared now because it seems like customs have got my number, pretty much everything I've ordered from the US has been getting intercepted lately. Also buying this means I can't buy Spirited Away if I miss the drop so I'm already stretching my fingers for that one.

Sushigod7

Got the jaws but I'm scared now because it seems like customs have got my number, pretty much everything I've ordered from the US has been getting intercepted lately. Also buying this means I can't buy Spirited Away if I miss the drop so I'm already stretching my fingers for that one.

Well you could sell this for a profit if you have to, I would to get the Spirited Away print that is a must have IMO.

KlotePino

Well you could sell this for a profit if you have to, I would to get the Spirited Away print that is a must have IMO.

Yeah I've been a little enthousiastic lately, probably should sell some if I'm not crazy enough about them or I might get burnt out. I haven't even hung up my Whalen Toy Story yet and I love that one.

Bottleneck Gallery's Gizmos & Gadgets show is now up: http://www.bottleneckgallery.com/collections/gizmos-and-gadgets

JJharrison_1024x1024.jpg

Pikmin prints are in! I should be getting them tonite. Shipping supplies will arrive on monday so I can ship only a few tomorrow. Will send invoices late night tonite.

Sushigod7

Both I suppose

Finding out is usually easy if you watch here and the Mondo blog. Getting them for me is hit and miss. If your on the page F5'ing when it goes live you have a good chance. If your not and wait for the twitter message from Mondo it's already gone. I think the LOTR Moss sold out in seconds I was in the payment screen when it went out of stock.

grendelrt

Finding out is usually easy if you watch here and the Mondo blog. Getting them for me is hit and miss. If your on the page F5'ing when it goes live you have a good chance. If your not and wait for the twitter message from Mondo it's already gone. I think the LOTR Moss sold out in seconds I was in the payment screen when it went out of stock.

They really need a better way to sell. A lottery system or something. I have yet to get something....

Sushigod7

They really need a better way to sell. A lottery system or something. I have yet to get something....

Yeah it's pretty frustrating when you can't get one I remember the first Mondo drop I heard about was the Totoro print. Went to the site maybe 30min after it went up hahaha had no idea the amount of traffic and what it took to get one. The Jaws print is the first thing I've ever got from them. Don't stop trying though you'll get one at some point.

grendelrt

Yeah it's pretty frustrating when you can't get one I remember the first Mondo drop I heard about was the Totoro print. Went to the site maybe 30min after it went up hahaha had no idea the amount of traffic and what it took to get one. The Jaws print is the first thing I've ever got from them. Don't stop trying though you'll get one at some point.

The last time I missed, I was making a sandwich and bam it landed, stupid sandwich.

Please excuse the poor lighting and my crappy camera. For example: the blue Pikmin is blue, but the lighting makes him look a different color here.

Well, here they are. Print #1 is at the top of the stack, #39 is at the bottom of the stack.

P1030892_zps8159b736.jpg

P1030893_zps6e504f89.jpg

P1030894_zps1ea271d3.jpg

P1030895_zps29f64296.jpg

Plus, this is on some pretty thick paper. I'm Extremely happy with the print quality. I think you will all be as well. Especially the price I'm charging (cost :lol: )

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson

Eh. Lottery isn't fair either. More flippers could get then and zero investment to get print.

Mondo sends a newsletter with new prints, as do most galleries. A bit of twitter and the expressobeans new release page will give you a road map.

How to score Mondo? Honestly the best way is to try and fail a lot. I'll say this - waiting for the tweet puts you behind. Mondo drop window generally begins about 10:30am CST / Austin time. F5 F5 F5.

The more you do it the faster you'll get to the needed buttons. Over time you'll be able to nab the lesser drops. The big drops are hard and slightest error will kill you. Even vets miss on Moss / Ansin / Stouts. you have 10k+ people gunning for 500-800 prints. From SDCC on I got every drop I want except the Loopers and the RD var

Ok. Total within the continental US is $18 shipped. I hope that's not too high It would've been almost $2 less if the print size didn't change. Sorry!

I sent two invoices and that's it until Monday. all out of shipping materials, unfortunately (Shipping materials are scheduled to arrive on monday).

also, everyone that purchased a Pikmin print are considered Charter Members. I'll explain what this will mean for you later on.

Sushigod7

Ok. Total within the continental US is $18 shipped. I hope that's not too high It would've been almost $2 less if the print size didn't change. Sorry!

I sent two invoices and that's it until Monday. all out of shipping materials, unfortunately (Shipping materials are scheduled to arrive on monday).

also, everyone that purchased a Pikmin print are considered Charter Members. I'll explain what this will mean for you later on.

Thanks a ton the print looks amazing! I'm not worried about the cost whatsoever lots of time on your end and Bobby drew something amazing. Thanks again to you both.

grendelrt

Eh. Lottery isn't fair either. More flippers could get then and zero investment to get print.

Mondo sends a newsletter with new prints, as do most galleries. A bit of twitter and the expressobeans new release page will give you a road map.

How to score Mondo? Honestly the best way is to try and fail a lot. I'll say this - waiting for the tweet puts you behind. Mondo drop window generally begins about 10:30am CST / Austin time. F5 F5 F5.

The more you do it the faster you'll get to the needed buttons. Over time you'll be able to nab the lesser drops. The big drops are hard and slightest error will kill you. Even vets miss on Moss / Ansin / Stouts. you have 10k+ people gunning for 500-800 prints. From SDCC on I got every drop I want except the Loopers and the RD var

That works if you can be at the computer during the weekdays when they have a release, but that isnt always the case for people. Even if they did half first come first serve and half in some random fashion I think it would be better than what is currently done.

Edit: Also the resellers just piss me off to no end. There have been tons of V for Vendettas up this past week, greedy ass people.

Sushigod7

That works if you can be at the computer during the weekdays when they have a release, but that isnt always the case for people. Even if they did half first come first serve and half in some random fashion I think it would be better than what is currently done.

Edit: Also the resellers just piss me off to no end. There have been tons of V for Vendettas up this past week, greedy ass people.

Yeah if you work a regular full time job it is very hard that was the case with most drops for me I now work in outside sales so I'm more flexible and that is the only reason I got this weeks. I still almost missed it even sitting here at the computer on the phone. I'd love to see them change it up so everyone gets a fighting chance.

Please excuse the poor lighting and my crappy camera. For example: the blue Pikmin is blue, but the lighting makes him look a different color here.

Well, here they are. Print #1 is at the top of the stack, #39 is at the bottom of the stack.

P1030892_zps8159b736.jpg

P1030893_zps6e504f89.jpg

P1030894_zps1ea271d3.jpg

P1030895_zps29f64296.jpg

Plus, this is on some pretty thick paper. I'm Extremely happy with the print quality. I think you will all be as well. Especially the price I'm charging (cost :lol: )

Nice! Mockingbird, did you ever get my message?

Nice! Mockingbird, did you ever get my message?

Yes! I haven't messaged anyone except listerfeend yet (I shipped his first) because I don't want to send an invoice without being able to ship yet. Packing supplies will come in on Monday, then once I start packing I'll send out invoices.

Sushigod7

I am going to have to stay out of this thread damnit the new Bottleneck stuff is amazing. On a side note got my Jaws print today and I'm blown away by the colors amazing.

Sushigod7

I don't think I ever posted getting these hung. All I have left is to find a frame for The Dark Knight from Mondo.

I'm really digging that Skyfall print, noticed they still have some left I'm very tempted. Is that Dark Knight 20X36? I found someone on Amazon selling that size but man I can't find any stores here that carry it they would have to customize and that's out of my price range right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom