• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Tickets for The Lost Boys screening at the Alamo Drafthouse in Texas now available: http://drafthouse.com/movies/the_lost_boys_w_exclusive_mondo_poster/austin

An exclusive Mondo poster will be for sale at the event. Tickets are $10 and does not include the poster -- that will be sold separately at the event.

Way up at the Village.. man, that's in BFE. From my experience, they usually sell the posters in the lobby if it is not included in the price of the ticket (Drive cost $55 a ticket but included a poster for instance) so there is a good chance you wouldn't have to buy a ticket to the film if you want to save some cash.

IronRinn

Alright ladies and gents, anyone who wanted to grab a Precious Cargo but missed send me a PM for a chance to get one at cost. You have 24 hours, starting from now (12:26 pm, EST). I was thinking that I'll assign each person a number and then use a random number generator to pick one.

IT'S THE MONDO SALE PROCESS EVERYONE HAS BEEN ASKING FOR.

Quoting myself for a new page.

UP NOW:

berserkz / gwoemulz / navigatorz / neo jakeo Four Print Set by Tyler Stout

4up_zseries.jpg

set of (4) 8"x8" four color screenprinted handbills on cream paper
one set per person - multiple orders refunded.

timed release
includes berserkz / gwoemulz / navigatorz / neo jakeo

will be available for preorder til 5PM PST Friday, Jan 25th.

prints may take 4 weeks to arrive.

How to buy online: http://4upzeriespreorder.bigcartel.com/product/4up-z-series-preorder

Just wanted to say thanks to Mockingbird - got my Wii U print today, and it looks fantastic in person:

jwm8WH2.jpg

Thanks for putting together the print - I'm really looking forward to the rest of the series.

Hey Mockingbird: Shhhhhhhhhhh. You know what I'm talking about.

You've won too many times. I should put the info up just so you don't win cause I already know I won't >=(

Just wanted to say thanks to Mockingbird - got my Wii U print today, and it looks fantastic in person:

jwm8WH2.jpg

Thanks for putting together the print - I'm really looking forward to the rest of the series.

Sweet! Glad it arrived safely. And yeah, I'm REALLY happy with the print quality! Looks fantastic in person. I shipped all the prints that have been paid for already -- including international. Just got back from the post office actually! Hope to have info with the next release in late February. Remember to like the facebook page please! https://www.facebook.com/gameandprint

IronRinn

Hey Mockingbird: Shhhhhhhhhhh. You know what I'm talking about.

You've won too many times. I should put the info up just so you don't win cause I already know I won't >=(

Screw you guys, I'm in a Robin Hood sort of mood. You can keep your super secret insider EB attitude in EB!

Hey everybody: Want to win a chance to buy copy of Tyler Stout's prints for Let The Right One In or Akira for $400.00? Go here. He's selling five of each.

I put my name in for an Akira. Hands down my favorite Stout piece and a steal at this point for $400.00, even if I have to scrounge through my couch cushions to pay for it.

Also, that Pikmin print is fucking great. Can't wait to get mine.

Sushigod7

Screw you guys, I'm in a Robin Hood sort of mood. You can keep your super secret insider EB attitude in EB!

Hey everybody: Want to win a chance to buy copy of Tyler Stout's prints for Let The Right One In or Akira for $400.00? Go here. He's selling five of each.

I put my name in for an Akira. Hands down my favorite Stout piece and a steal at this point for $400.00, even if I have to scrounge through my couch cushions to pay for it.

Also, that Pikmin print is fucking great. Can't wait to get mine.

That Akira print is awesome but no go at $400, I'd be picking up that Totoro Moss if I had that much extra change. Thanks for posting that hope you get the one you want.

Sushigod7

If I enter and win do you guys think he will let me transfer it? I'll enter and let one of you guys buy it if you think that will work.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
If I enter and win do you guys think he will let me transfer it? I'll enter and let one of you guys buy it if you think that will work.

we'd front you the cash for it, for sure, if you wanted to buy it and pass it along.

but you should enter anyway, if you win Akira, you'd be able to trade it easily for a Moss Totoro VARIANT. Akira is a $1000 print

IronRinn

Just a reminder that you have a little over four hours to get me your name for the Precious Cargo lottery.

*grumble*Stupid Tyler Stout, stealing my lottery thunder.*grumble*

I DID NOT MEAN THAT MR. STOUT PLEASE GIVE ME AN AKIRA PRINT AND NOT LISTERFEEND.

Sigma722

He wouldn't let you transfer it I'd think, but after you paypal'd it and shipped it your house, one of us members (me) would definitely cover the additional shipping charges from yours to mine.

;) ;) ;)

Axiom

Just a reminder that you have a little over four hours to get me your name for the Precious Cargo lottery.

*grumble*Stupid Tyler Stout, stealing my lottery thunder.*grumble*

I like this new computer I have, it'll help me with my career and games look nice on it...but when I have to resist the urge to even enter a lottery with only a chance at a print, I view my empty wallet with scorn and resent the hell out of my computer.

Goddamn that's such a gorgeous print though. Good luck to the winner!

omgkitty

I'll say it right now, if anyone else here gets an Akira and I don't, I'll hate you forever and probably come to your house and steal it from you. I'll also fart on your pillows.

Hey, I'm just booing because everyone in here turned on me! I have a friend that I'm getting into this whole scene whom I convinced to enter and this morning he was like "Man I don't even know if I have $400 to drop on a poster, I'm all worried he'll pick me"

I'm like, first off: You won't win. Second: I'll gladly give you the $400 if you get picked.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Put in a bid for an Akira. I lucked out with the Reservoir Dogs lottery so I doubt I'll get it, but it never hurts to try.

omgkitty

Hey, I'm just booing because everyone in here turned on me! I have a friend that I'm getting into this whole scene whom I convinced to enter and this morning he was like "Man I don't even know if I have $400 to drop on a poster, I'm all worried he'll pick me"

I'm like, first off: You won't win. Second: I'll gladly give you the $400 if you get picked.

This is exactly what you don't do. Next thing you know, that fucker will win and keep it for himself!!!!

IronRinn

Lottery entry is now closed. I sent confirmations to everyone who entered so we are all good. Winner will be announced when I get back from lunch at 1-ish. (Roughly 30 minutes from now).

IronRinn

And the winner is:

Bii

Congrats to him or her. Angry comments can be left on Mondo's Facebook page.

(Please don't do that.)

Edit: In case anyone is interested, the lottery pool was a whopping 8 people!

Kalren

Congratz to Bii. (Damn. Only 8 entered? I should have put my name in.)

Question for everyone.

I've starting to pick up a lot of prints(and I can't seem to stop myself) and don't think I can get everything up on my walls.

All my stuff has been sitting in the shipping tubes I received. Is this ok? Or should I look at purchasing something to store my items flat? And would anyone have recommendations? Long term, I would like to buy a metal Flat File cabinet, but short term I would love some suggestion(and hope I can find it in canada).

Thanks to everyone in the thread causing to me having an empty wallet! (and thanks to Mockingbird for the Pikman Wii U print)

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Congratz to Bii. (Damn. Only 8 entered? I should have put my name in.)

Question for everyone.

I've starting to pick up a lot of prints(and I can't seem to stop myself) and don't think I can get everything up on my walls.

All my stuff has been sitting in the shipping tubes I received. Is this ok? Or should I look at purchasing something to store my items flat? And would anyone have recommendations? Long term, I would like to buy a metal Flat File cabinet, but short term I would love some suggestion(and hope I can find it in canada).

Thanks to everyone in the thread causing to me having an empty wallet! (and thanks to Mockingbird for the Pikman Wii U print)

A flat file is the cheapest part of this hobby.

DO NOT store in tubes. Not acid free, and they become more and more of a bitch to flatten.

Generally speaking? Keep an eye on craigslist for used flat files. They don't take much work to clean up if they are in decent shape. I found a nice big 4 drawer one that I sanded down / cleaned up, sealed, and painted orange. It acts as an awesome coffee table / board game table too.

In terms of inside the drawers, I lay foamcore down to give a nice flat surface (6-7 bucks a sheet), and then I seperate the prints with glassine between each print. You may need to switch the glassine out every few years (supposedly) but it's cheap and easy to work with.

I use poster weights on fresh stuff to roll it out (if it's only been tubed for a few days, this will work). Or you can also put down another piece of foamcore and then books and DVDs on it as weight to flatten out.

Some news!!!!

I can officially announce that work on the second print in the Game & Print series is underway! Very excited for this next piece and hope I can show a teaser in February.

For those who purchased Pikmin, I will gladly match numbers!

and I can also gladly announce that there will be at least two more pieces in addition to the second release as well!

Please like the page on Facebook to help keep up to date! https://www.facebook.com/gameandprint

Here is a teaser of things to come:

tumblr_ma58fzqM151qev7uto1_r1_1280.jpg

Kalren

A flat file is the cheapest part of this hobby.

DO NOT store in tubes. Not acid free, and they become more and more of a bitch to flatten.

Generally speaking? Keep an eye on craigslist for used flat files. They don't take much work to clean up if they are in decent shape. I found a nice big 4 drawer one that I sanded down / cleaned up, sealed, and painted orange. It acts as an awesome coffee table / board game table too.

In terms of inside the drawers, I lay foamcore down to give a nice flat surface (6-7 bucks a sheet), and then I seperate the prints with glassine between each print. You may need to switch the glassine out every few years (supposedly) but it's cheap and easy to work with.

I use poster weights on fresh stuff to roll it out (if it's only been tubed for a few days, this will work). Or you can also put down another piece of foamcore and then books and DVDs on it as weight to flatten out.

OK, I know what I'm doing this weekend.

• Glassine
  • Foamboard
  • Some sort of Flat File

I've tried looking on Craigslist/Kijiji for some sort of used flat file, but no luck yet. I've been hoping to stop at some used business equipment stores, but no time yet in the winter.

Thanks for the info.

Bii

And the winner is:

Bii

Congrats to him or her. Angry comments can be left on Mondo's Facebook page.

(Please don't do that.)

Edit: In case anyone is interested, the lottery pool was a whopping 8 people!

Yes! Thank you so much for this opportunity. I'm moving into a new place in the next few weeks and this will only be my second poster from Mondo (the other being Batman: The Dark Knight Rises). I'll take pics when I get it. :D

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
OK, I know what I'm doing this weekend.

• Glassine
  • Foamboard
  • Some sort of Flat File

I've tried looking on Craigslist/Kijiji for some sort of used flat file, but no luck yet. I've been hoping to stop at some used business equipment stores, but no time yet in the winter.

Thanks for the info.

yeah, if you can find one. refinishing it was really easy. Took like a day or two and then another day to dry.

Even if you don't find a flat file now, you can still use two pieces of foamboard to start flattening prints, as long as you have a safe place for them (under a bed, or on top of something) and no kids or animals that might do something dumb

I posted photos way back in this thread.

Kerrinck

yeah, if you can find one. refinishing it was really easy. Took like a day or two and then another day to dry.

Even if you don't find a flat file now, you can still use two pieces of foamboard to start flattening prints, as long as you have a safe place for them (under a bed, or on top of something) and no kids or animals that might do something dumb

I posted photos way back in this thread.

This is probably a dumb question but when you say under the bed, do you mean under the mattress or under the bed (with no pressure from the mattress)?
I am using this method putting the prints between foam boards under the mattress for flattening and so far so good.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
This is probably a dumb question but when you say under the bed, do you mean under the mattress or under the bed (with no pressure from the mattress)?
I am using this method putting the prints between foam boards under the mattress for flattening and so far so good.

I mean like, under a bed on the floor.

I assume as long as you're taking it out from the mattress before you sleep on it, that'd be ok. I'd be worried rolling around could move things or put pressure on different points. You want EVEN pressure... even foamcore can be dented etc

Kerrinck

I mean like, under a bed on the floor.

I assume as long as you're taking it out from the mattress before you sleep on it, that'd be ok. I'd be worried rolling around could move things or put pressure on different points. You want EVEN pressure... even foamcore can be dented etc

Thanks for clarifying.

It's a double queen size mattress so it gets no pressure from me even if I roll around.

I placed them below the bottom one right in the middle which is why I am hoping it gets even pressure. I check them almost every day and they seem to be flat with a bit of wavyness on the newer ones which I hope is normal.

Will probably try to find another solution though since this one does make me nervous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom