• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Martin Ansin x Studio Ghibli for Mondo

BBf1zzjCYAA0Uyo.jpg:large

Aaaaaand my poster hiatus was just called up.

Must. Obtain.

Wait, is this at the new Mondo gallery? Looks like it.

HTuran

Holy. Fuck.

That's just incredible.

This is the Mondo 'In Progress' show, right? Imagine that when coloured...

EDIT: Aaaaaand it turns out it was rejected by Ghibli and never finished. ;—;

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
yeah, that was for the Ghibli retrospective at the drafthouse a while back.

even worse is the tinker tailor soldier spy that looks like it was almost done

omgkitty

How much money you think it'd take to throw at Ansin to get these printed? Or perhaps to get the original file so we can print our own? ;)

persongr

ohmygod an Olly Moss 'Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy' that in some clever way features both pairs of Smiley's glasses.

Yes, I would pay a lot for such a concept!

In other news, this finally got framed:

pre_2013-01-26-180212w1eok.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pic, but it's my first limited edition poster and i'm so proud! <3

Now, eagerly awaitng for the pikmin print, looks amazing!

Sigma722

Today:

Round 2 of Mike Mitchell's "Super" series is up:

SuperS2Ratiospromo_grande.jpg

$30 + shipping gets you 3 prints (2 common + 1 uncommon/rare). It is random which you get.

If you buy 2 sets you automatically will get this guy as an extra:

1_grande.jpg

Where to buy:

LINK

These will be available until Wednesday, Jan 30 at 11:59 PM

1/30/2013:

Servants of Sauron Artist Proof Edition by Mike Sutfin

e1358966268.jpg

Poster by Mike Sutfin. 24"x36" screen print. Signed by Mike Sutfin. Hand numbered. Artist Proof Edition of 43. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $50

How to buy online: http://sutfin.bigcartel.com/product/servants-of-sauron-regular-edition-ap-serigraph@ a random time.

Servants of Sauron Variant Artist Proof Edition by Mike Sutfin

e1358966305.jpg

Poster by Mike Sutfin. 24"x36" screen print. Signed by Mike Sutfin. Hand numbered. Artist Proof Edition of 23. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $75

How to buy online:http://sutfin.bigcartel.com/product/servants-of-sauron-variant-edition-ap-serigraph @ a random time.

Killer Klowns From Outer Space 25th Anniversary Poster Artist Proof by Jason Edmiston

Killer_Klowns_from_Outer_Space_Skuzzles.com_Regular.jpg

Officially-licensed
24" x 36" / 2 ft x 3 ft
Printed by DL Screenprinting
Signed/numbered artist proof edition
$45 - per print

How to buy online: http://www.etsy.com/shop/JasonEdmiston

Killer Klowns From Outer Space 25th Anniversary Poster Variant Artist Proof Edition by Jason Edmiston

Killer_Klowns_From_Outer_Space_Skuzzles.com_Variant.jpg

Officially-licensed
24" x 36" / 2 ft x 3 ft
Printed by DL Screenprinting
Signed/numbered artist proof edition
$60 - per print

How to buy online: http://www.etsy.com/shop/JasonEdmiston

Stencil

Finally finished the frame and got the matte for my Craig Drake Beatrix Kiddo NYCCC print.
Numbered 68/130. Sorry for the shitty cell phone pics.

Me and my dad made the frame out of wood, painted it, bought the glass at Home Depot and got some framing supplies for the back at a craft store. Ended up costing around $50 for everything excluding the matte, which we got professionally cut at Michael's for $40. Wasn't easy or quick, but it was a fun project and cheap to boot, for a nice sturdy frame that's about 45"x30".

I want something Django Unchained related, a Stout piece would blow minds, but almost a crapshoot to obtain. =(

My bet would be Academy Awards NIght like last year. Dont know if it will be Stout, though i hope it will be, but i can definitely see them dropping it then. And i def need me a Django print

Riptwo

I have the opportunity to meet John Carpenter in the near future, and I'm wondering what the poster collecting community thinks about getting limited prints signed. I have Struzan's "The Thing" print from Mondo, and it would be all kinds of slick to get a Carpenter signature on it, but there's a part of me that wants to preserve the print in a pristine state.

lupinko

I have the opportunity to meet John Carpenter in the near future, and I'm wondering what the poster collecting community thinks about getting limited prints signed. I have Struzan's "The Thing" print from Mondo, and it would be all kinds of slick to get a Carpenter signature on it, but there's a part of me that wants to preserve the print in a pristine state.

Wouldn't Carpenter's John Hancock make the print even more unique AND valuable at the same time?

I'd say go for it.

I would have him sign it on the border and in pencil.

Signed Mondo carpenter prints with signatures in the right places go for more in terms of value than non-signed ones. at least $100 more.

Meier

Finally finished the frame and got the matte for my Craig Drake Beatrix Kiddo NYCCC print.
Numbered 68/130. Sorry for the shitty cell phone pics.

Me and my dad made the frame out of wood, painted it, bought the glass at Home Depot and got some framing supplies for the back at a craft store. Ended up costing around $50 for everything excluding the matte, which we got professionally cut at Michael's for $40. Wasn't easy or quick, but it was a fun project and cheap to boot, for a nice sturdy frame that's about 45"x30".

It looks utterly fantastic. Nice work.

Very interesting! Will it be a part of the Game & Print Club?

Ah, no, not this piece. I had this one in the works since before the Game & Print. Considering the medium I'm not sure if a print of it would be as cool. I would love to get the artist to do a digital piece for the Game & Print Club though.

1/31/2013:

Princess Mononoke Variant Edition by Joe Wilson

tumblr_mh4qbiTBsY1qg5ewzo1_500.jpg

-5 colour Screen print, hand pulled by the maestro Marco @TuckshopLondon
-Printed on quality 350 gsm Colorplan mist
-50 X 70 cm
-The variant has a beautiful metallic gold for the japanese characters
-Limited Edition of 40. ( 20 available on my big cartel shop, 20 available through Printclub London&#8217;s webshop )
-Signed and numbered
-£65 GBP

How to buy online: http://joewilsonshop.bigcartel.com/ @ 14:00 GMT

Sushigod7

Love that Mononoke print but far too expensive. Ahh well.. some day I will get the Olly one.

I recommend it I broke down and bought one I now need Totoro =0) that is my someday print. I do like this one as well what color is the reg version?

edit: never mind found it and like the reg better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom