• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice, I have really been wanting a Stout. Kicking myself for not even trying on the Reservoir Dogs drop. I've also been slowly wading into the EB forum waters, creeping on a few of you PosterGAF regulars.

Soon to be you:

1774060_o.gif

EDIT: Since we're on a new page, I need to remind you all that I'm looking for a Stout 'Inglourious Basterds'. Please find me one. (OMGKITTY PLEASE TRY AGAIN)

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
hmm Moss LOTR regular, to buy or not to buy :/

LOTR is like my fave book/movie series ever, and I love Moss's work...but £200+ on a poster including framing is abit nuts.

esp since I already spent about £300 on getting a Moss Totoro(plus framing).

What would you do GAF?

suplex

I still kick myself for passing on multiple copies of the stout inglorious basterds for around $100. Before I knew it, the price shot up to $300, and then of course what it is now.

Sigma722

Fixed it for you. :D

If the price were the same, I'd probably go with Moss over Stout, but DAMN, the Moss ones are truly insanely priced. And I really love the detail on the Stouts.. I'm basically saving up for it now.

LOTR is like my fave book/movie series ever, and I love Moss's work...but £200+ on a poster including framing is abit nuts.

What would you do GAF?

I'd say go for it. I'm going to go for the variant eventually. Really nice print. I'm also going for the Totoro soon too. UGH, lol.

lupinko

I'd love the Moss Black Widow print, and while I was high on the Perillo Avengers that feeling is no longer as apparent since I have Perillo's Cobra which is superior imo.

And yeah any Tarantino print by Stout but I have horrible luck with Mondo.

tanuki

What would you do GAF?

This is pretty much the worst thread to ask this question. Nobody is going to tell you not to buy it. :p

This is pretty much the worst thread to ask this question. Nobody is going to tell you not to buy it. :p

For what it's worth, I never buy on the secondary market. Once I miss on the initial drop and then the AP drop it's gone for me forever unless I can somehow get it at cost + shipping.

New posters will always be coming out from your favorite artists and for your favorite movies as well.

There are always new things on the horizon.

But then again, I'm not ballin' either =P

For what it's worth, I never buy on the secondary market. Once I miss on the initial drop and then the AP drop it's gone for me forever unless I can somehow get it at cost + shipping.

New posters will always be coming out from your favorite artists and for your favorite movies as well.

I am hoping to stick to this way of thinking. Although as feend pointed out, I feel as if I have started down a dark path.

There are I think 2 or 3 people that have signed up for the Pikmin print but have yet to reply to me at all in regards to whether they want it or not. Please send me a PM or on 2/8/2013 I will give your print to the people on the waiting list.

Thanks!

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson

I'm fairly similar, though I will trade (ie, when you buy Moss LOTR and get reg + var, you then can trade one for the other).

Moss LOTR reg became a Monsters Inc Whalen Variant (kept Variant)
Moss Mononoke Reg became a Moss Mario Reg. (kept Variant)

I guess I did buy a well-priced Moss Mario Variant recently and am selling my Moss Mario Reg to (mostly) cover it.

I know someday I'll break this if I want Stout SW, Moss SW, etc. :-/

Hey, Fire Emblem: Awakening is coming out soon. What about a print to celebrate the release of the game -- similar to Pikmin?

Would the print be based on Fire Emblem the series as a whole or specifically Awakening? I'd buy one either way, but at the moment I'd probably prefer one that showcased the series in general.

Would the print be based on Fire Emblem the series as a whole or specifically Awakening? I'd buy one either way, but at the moment I'd probably prefer one that showcased the series in general.

To do an awakening print real justice may require to have an artist that has played the game -- elsewise we'd have to give a lot of direction. It's a problem for Fire Emblem in general I think, as well as the lesser known titles.

A series encompassing print would be great -- but it'd have to be executed well. Don't just want to put something out there for the sake of it.

I have an idea for Fire Emblem as well as other lesser, not as well known franchises but I'm not certain if it will be well received. I should be able to show it in a few days. It would be a series of prints.

But I really do hope you guys will like it. I really like it thus far.

Nice Drew!!! So happy to see it framed already!

Here is tonite's screening poster at the Alamo Drafthouse

The Lost Boys by Phantom City Creative

ipdAaTk.jpg

Kerrinck

To do an awakening print real justice may require to have an artist that has played the game -- elsewise we'd have to give a lot of direction. It's a problem for Fire Emblem in general I think, as well as the lesser known titles.

A series encompassing print would be great -- but it'd have to be executed well. Don't just want to put something out there for the sake of it.

I have an idea for Fire Emblem as well as other lesser, not as well known franchises but I'm not certain if it will be well received. I should be able to show it in a few days. It would be a series of prints.

But I really do hope you guys will like it. I really like it thus far.

A big fan of fire emblem here so I can't wait, a series this big has potential for a great print.
Can't wait to see these other franchises, hopefully at least one of the two I wished for will be featured.

Mudron

Wow. You did those? Killer man. I read about them somewhere but can't quite recall. Were you featured in Nintendo Power?

Yep, the Zelda map I drew for the original game's 25th anniversary was featured in Nintendo Power last summer, and I'm also the schmuck who drew that Nester strip in the last issue of the magazine last month as well.

2/1/2013:

The Lost Boys by Phantom City Creative

e1359654992.jpg

Poster by Phantom City Creative. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 250. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

How to buy online: http://mondotees.com/view_category.asp?cat=12 @ a random time.

The Lost Boys Variant Edition by Phantom City Creative

e1359655046.jpg

Poster by Phantom City Creative. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 125. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $65

How to buy online: http://mondotees.com/view_category.asp?cat=12 @ a random time.

Yep, the Zelda map I drew for the original game's 25th anniversary was featured in Nintendo Power last summer, and I'm also the schmuck who drew that Nester strip in the last issue of the magazine last month as well.

Cool. I loved that last Nester strip!

Sigma722

Thanks! I've actually put in a couple questions to him that he hasn't replied to yet:

How experienced are you sending posters? Has it been kept flat or in a tube since 2009? etc.

I'm trying to use eBay as an absolute last resort for now...

Did Jason PM you?! Are you getting your ISO tonight?! Crazy if so!

Sushigod7

Hey, Fire Emblem: Awakening is coming out soon. What about a print to celebrate the release of the game -- similar to Pikmin?

I'd be up for one of those as well loved the demo. To many games flooding out first quarter having trouble keeping up. Count me in for this one if it happens though.

Also was out of town for half the week with work arrived home to my Hyrule Historia and Pikmin Wii U print. Now that is a welcome home present!! Love the print getting frame this weekend.

I'd be up for one of those as well haven't bought it yet but loved the demo. To many games flooding out first quarter having trouble keeping up. Count me in for this one if it happens though.

Also was out of town for half the week with work arrived home to my Hyrule Historia and Pikmin Wii U print. Now that is a welcome home present!! Love the print getting frame this weekend.

Cool!

I'll probably make it a simple pre-requisite of at least try the demo or own the game. But then that depends on if it's well-received or not. And like I said before, I really hope so cause I want to do a lot more with this particular artist.

2/2/2013:

EP 303 "The Plateau" (This is the artist's allocation of the print) by Mark Englert

frame5b.jpg

*what you see above is the one screenprint both in regular light, and in glow in the dark. It is just one print though.

36 x 12 inches, 5 color glow-in-the-dark screenprint

hand numbered edition of 150 (15 available). $150. Comes with a free sketch in the margins.

How to buy online: http://www.tacobelvedere.bigcartel.com/ betoween 10-11 AM PST

*Please note, the increased price is because the artist is trying to raise funds to fix his house which got damaged from flooding.

IronRinn

PCC is really hit or miss for me. The image for that poster is nicely rendered but it's just kind of boring. I would have preferred something that incorporated the boardwalk/amusement park more. Even more so than the screening exclusive one.

Sigma722

Cool!

I'll probably make it a simple pre-requisite of at least try the demo or own the game. But then that depends on if it's well-received or not. And like I said before, I really hope so cause I want to do a lot more with this particular artist.

2/2/2013:

EP 303 "The Plateau" (This is the artist's allocation of the print) by Mark Englert

frame5b.jpg

*what you see above is the one screenprint both in regular light, and in glow in the dark. It is just one print though.

36 x 12 inches, 5 color glow-in-the-dark screenprint

hand numbered edition of 150 (15 available). $150. Comes with a free sketch in the margins.

How to buy online: http://www.tacobelvedere.bigcartel.com/ betoween 10-11 AM PST

*Please note, the increased price is because the artist is trying to raise funds to fix his house which got damaged from flooding.

Man, that print is so. cool. I don't even watch Fringe.

Sushigod7

Cool!

Sounds good let us see a sneak peak when you get farther along in the process please!!

That Fringe went fast but only 15 available so that's understandable.

Timbuktu

Might be slightly OT since I don't know if you can get your hands on these, but Jonathan Burton the france based British illustrator did this series of posters for the BAFTAs awards, which i think are lovely. They do this every year, even better than a lot of mondo artwork in my opinion and on the same level as a lot of the best criterion covers.

http://www.jonathanburton.net/bafta-2013

JonathanBurton_BAFTA_Argo_LowRes.jpg

JonathanBurton_BAFTA_LesMis_LowRes.jpg

JonathanBurton_BAFTA_LifeofPi_LowRes.jpg

JonathanBurton_BAFTA_Lincoln_LowRes.jpg

JonathanBurton_BAFTA_ZeroDark30_LowRes.jpg

for reference some from previous years

bafta2012c1.jpg
bafta2012a1.jpg

f5331986f2f56f9875c9545b5a689dd3-sc.jpg

Kings Speech 2011

TavisCoburnOrangeBaftaPosters.jpg

2010 by Travis Coburn

Stencil

I still haven't been able to find Rhys Cooper's Moonrise Kingdom print... After trawling eBay almost daily.
tumblr_mdi1rnRCJ01qelbfoo6_1280.jpg

Anyone know where I can get this?

zorbsie

Finally got these framed. Think they turned out really nicely. The Charmander is for my 5 year old daughter. She calls it her dragon protector. I wanted it to look a little more playful since it'll be going in her room. Picture doesn't do it justice, the frame is more orange and not as dull. I'll blame the cell phone camera.

r8On2RBl.jpg

JenH3USl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom