• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mondo Mystery Movie XI tickets on-sale next week. It will be in Houston Texas.

A Special Mondo Presentation

Saturday, February 16 at 7:30 PM

Tickets on sale at a random time next week!

Mondo is a division of the Alamo Drafthouse championed for bringing art back to movie poster design. Utilizing the talents of world-class artists and designers, Mondo produces limited edition, screen printed posters based on all things film, television and comic properties. We can’t tell you what movie will be screening yet but every ticket purchased to this event will include a limited edition screenprinted poster from Mondo. As a special treat, the artist will also be in attendance at the screening.

It's the Walking Dead farm by Mark Englert. I think the name of the print is This is my farm.

It also glows in the dark and is super badass (pics of mine):

V1fn0.jpg

Yomkh.jpg

EOD1g.jpg
[

zorbsie

Lister, is your's behind glass? I've got a UV blocking glass on this and I was wondering if that would make it less "glowy". It looks great in your pics.

Lister, is your's behind glass? I've got a UV blocking glass on this and I was wondering if that would make it less "glowy". It looks great in your pics.

It's uh... Not framed yet. That was taken the day I got it.

I'm waiting for Mark to open the option for sending in non-doodled prints for doodles. I want a sketch in this one, my Breaking Bad and my BttF.

Hey check out this new upcoming print from the Pikmin artist:

A Mega Man's Best Friend by Bobby O' Herlihy ( http://cynicwithapencil.blogspot.com/ )

tumblr_mhepcmUfSm1s1l2ooo1_500.jpg

13"x19" giclee. signed.

This is going to be released on 2/9/2013 at Gallery Nucleus' Press Paws charity art show. It's a 1/1 print however. Even though this is being released next week, it was actually created before his Pikmin Wii U piece.

also, below is another 1/1 giclee that will be at the show as well.

That’s No Ordinary Dog by Jennifer Strichart

J_Strichart.jpg

FnordChan

Shit man... This soundtracks gonna be hard to get won't it? :(

I was under the impression that Mondo was trying to get widespread distribution for the Drive LP, so hopefully this won't be a complete train wreck. Maybe. Look, I can hope, can't I?

FnordChan

kaskade

I was under the impression that Mondo was trying to get widespread distribution for the Drive LP, so hopefully this won't be a complete train wreck. Maybe. Look, I can hope, can't I?

FnordChan

I'm pretty sure they mentioned that. Which is most likely why it's taking a while to get out there. I'm definitely excited though as Drive is one of my favorite movies.

I'm gonna make it so in order to get the next print you have to own a physical copy of fire emblem: awakening by Thursday -- this way even I won't be able to own a copy cause no place freaking has it!!!

Trevelyan

Banned
I'm gonna make it so in order to get the next print you have to own a physical copy of fire emblem: awakening by Thursday -- this way even I won't be able to own a copy cause no place freaking has it!!!

Thank you for this, haha. My Gamestop said they should get them tomorrow, so hopefully they're not BSing. Do you have a timeframe when you plan to unveil the full print?

Why do you do this too me? The closest location to me with copies is nearly two hours away. I think I'm going to go pout in a corner with my digital copy.

Why do you do this too me? The closest location to me with copies is nearly two hours away. I think I'm going to go pout in a corner with my digital copy.

hahaha. That would be funny.

Thank you for this, haha. My Gamestop said they should get them tomorrow, so hopefully they're not BSing. Do you have a timeframe when you plan to unveil the full print?

Lol. If I really did it, it would end up being an edition of 1 -- with you being the only person with a copy.

Not sure when I plan to unveil the full print -- even though it's 100% done. Maybe in two weeks or so but there is a good reason for it. I just wanted to post that indeed stuff is being worked on and this particular one is ready.

And most likely the pre-requisite to buy will be you have to own a copy of Fire Emblem: Awakening, be it regular or digital. OR at the very least download the demo and play it at least once.

Sushigod7

hahaha. That would be funny.

Lol. If I really did it, it would end up being an edition of 1 -- with you being the only person with a copy.

Not sure when I plan to unveil the full print -- even though it's 100% done. Maybe in two weeks or so but there is a good reason for it. I just wanted to post that indeed stuff is being worked on and this particular one is ready.

And most likely the pre-requisite to buy will be you have to own a copy of Fire Emblem: Awakening, be it regular or digital. OR at the very least download the demo and play it at least once.

I may have to pick up the game even though I have no time for it the demo was fun, excited to see the print just got a frame for Pikmin today.

I just scored this print last night from the Passion Pit/Matt & Kim tour and I'm stuck trying to figure out what kind of frame I should get or just to try and hang it up without one.

I'd like to keep this near the head of my bed, but I'm scared that hanging it on a frame might lead to it falling on me in my sleep, which would totally suck hahaha

Why yes, sir, I did indeed pay too much for a 3DS.

Let's do it. Now we'll get 20 free games & a print. LOL. I'll get to work on it.

With that said, the artists I'm using are all tied up at the moment so it will be a while.

So far sounds like it will be an edition of 5. Lol.

IronRinn

Let's do it. Now we'll get 20 free games & a print. LOL. I'll get to work on it.

With that said, the artists I'm using are all tied up at the moment so it will be a while.

Hell yeah!

All those poor, impulsive purchases are finally starting to paying off!

Got 9-10 so far. That's more than I figured. also enough to justify it!

2/6/2013:

Jurassic Park artist proof edition by Ken Taylor

e1357153993.jpg

Poster by Ken Taylor. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered artist proof edition of 46. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $65

How to buy online: http://www.postersandtoys.net/servlet/Categories?category=New+Stuff at 2pm Central Time.

Jurassic Park Variant artist proof edition by Ken Taylor

e1357154124.jpg

Poster by Ken Taylor. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered artist proof edition of 40. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $90

How to buy online: http://www.postersandtoys.net/servlet/Categories?category=New+Stuff at 2pm Central Time.

Sushigod7

Oh man come on I held out for the bundles during the holidays! Wish I would have got the ambassador games though all those GBA games that still haven't even been talked about for the eShop. What a joke that is, I'm jealous of you guys with all your fancy Metroid Fusion and Minish Cap games.

tm24

are there any 3DS ambassador owners on here? Thinking of doing an ambassador's print. Likely I will lose money doing so but let's see.

Im also a fellow ambassador, but i was the sneaky kind that got one at Walmart when they decided to do the pricedrop as soon as it was announced instead of waiting a week. Was the first video game product i bought at Walmart after i decided to never buy anything there again after 13 year old me hated them for not having Golden Sun for the GBA after i got a gift card to Walmart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom