• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw the post on Facebook. Ambassador here as well. Do we take a pic with our name by the ambassador games?

Probably going to be you write your screen name on a piece of paper and place it on the bottom screen with the top screen showing the Ambassador's Program Badge. This will be a while from now though.

Trevelyan

Banned
Hey, just a little Game & Print Club update:
Awesomeness.

Really excited to see the full Fire Emblem print. It looks like it's coming together beautifully. As for the Ambassador print, how can we prove that? I was looking through my 3DS to see if there was anything that signified it and didn't see anything, hah. Maybe I'm blind?

Edit: Nvm, you just answered, haha.

Really excited to see the full Fire Emblem print. It looks like it's coming together beautifully.

Believe it or not, the Fire Emblem inspired print is done! I have the printer's proof with me right now -- and it is stunning. This one is actually printed on textured watercolor paper and it really brings out the watercolor look of the piece. If you guys were impressed with the Pikmin print quality you'll be even more impressed with this particular piece.

Sushigod7

Believe it or not, the Fire Emblem inspired print is done! I have the printer's proof with me right now -- and it is stunning. This one is actually printed on textured watercolor paper and it really brings out the watercolor look of the piece. If you guys were impressed with the Pikmin print quality you'll be even more impressed with this particular piece.

Looking good the paper sounds like a nice touch! Is the Zelda print you showed awhile back still going to be going into production for Wii U early adopters?

edit: still haven't bought Fire Emblem but played the demo two times now and will purchase at some point

Kalren

Very exciting for the Fire Emblem and 3DS Ambassador, for those of you who have them.(I wish I could figure out how to get in on this)

Hopefully Mockingbird has future plans for those of us with power outlet supplied consoles :)

Watercolor paper = Great Quality

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
You're batting 1.000 for me so far MockingBird. Pikmin was the reason I bought Wii U, and Lyn is the first character design I think of when I think Fire Emblem. I'm loving the sneak peek already, and am looking forward to see what you guys come up with for the Ambassador program.

UP NOW:

85 Years of Oscars by Olly Moss

tumblr_mi2ejqd56m1qeqo31o1_1280.jpg

Digital offset poster. 27"x40". $35.

How to buy online: https://www.globalfulfillment.net/gfsnet/academyoscars/10Expand.aspx?ProductCode=85SEPOSTER

You're batting 1.000 for me so far MockingBird. Pikmin was the reason I bought Wii U, and Lyn is the first character design I think of when I think Fire Emblem. I'm loving the sneak peek already, and am looking forward to see what you guys come up with for the Ambassador program.

Thanks man. The ambassador program one really isn't for a long while. I just wanted to see how many ambassadors there actually are. But yeah, it will come for sure. Hopefully the ones I unveil at the end of the month will continue to be well-received, I sincerely hope.

Watercolor paper = Great Quality

Yes. God yes.

Here is Elia's original pencil of The Girl from the Plains:

lyn_blackampwhite3_zps2483df83.jpg

Sushigod7

The oscar print is pretty cool I wonder how limited it's going to be?

I like the Elia print, maybe it's me but her hands seem in a strange position? Probably a pose from the game, the coloring is amazing though.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
The oscar print is pretty cool I wonder how limited it's going to be?

I like the Elia print, maybe it's me but her hands seem in a strange position? Probably a pose from the game, the coloring is amazing though.

I think it looks fine. To me, I immediately thought this was sort of like a candid shot, where she happened to be in the middle of adjusting her gloves, while she was holding her sword.

So are all of the game and print releases only going to be for Nintendo owners? Their systems are just not that appealing to me anymore (even though my snes and 64 are still hooked up in my hobby room).

Axiom

I think it's a nice idea. I don't own a WiiU but if I did get one I'd rush back here to put my name on the list before I played any games on it.

Coupled with all the doom and gloom around here about the WiiU, I think it's a nice positive thing. I know as someone who bought a Vita at launch, a lack of positivity can really cloud your perception of a purchase - even if you're perfectly happy with it.

So are all of the game and print releases only going to be for Nintendo owners? Their systems are just not that appealing to me anymore (even though my snes and 64 are still hooked up in my hobby room).

Unfortunately, my knowledge of games is mostly limited to Nintendo consoles since I'm actually a big Nintendo fan -- and they have a nice stance in regards to fan-related things (see starmen.net's Mother 3 book). On top of all that their stuff are easier to make into art since they have a long, rich legacy (it's also why Smash Bros. can exist and be hugely successful -- gameplay aside). Plus, the artists themselves are familiar with the games. Bobby O'Herlihy was able to put out that, in my opinion, great Pikmin-inspired print because he's actually played it. and yeah, I want to promote Nintendo's stuff too -- cause I'm most definitely a fan and want them to do well (hence the pre-requisites), but I also want to reward fans as well (hence the pre-requisites).

With third-party titles I haven't researched but I know Sega is something that shouldn't be touched with a ten-foot pole... Sony is likely to put stuff out their own screenprints as well (ratchet & clank, the last of us).

What games would you like to see though? This thread also has a gallery co-owner here: deadbolt1388. Bottleneck gallery puts out awesome themed shows every month. So even if I can't make it happen (as in do it justice), deadbolt might be open to ideas.

Meier

A local guy that Mondo uses sometimes for their gallery framing is going to do my Daniel Danger GOT print and my Moss Totoro print. FINALLY!

I am mostly an Xbox guy in practice nowadays but I will always be a Nintendo guy at heart. I like sticking with Nintendo stuff as the primary focus.. they have the pedigree.

Well I'd absolutely love a MGS print. If we're talking sony stuff, an ICO or SOTC print would be amazing! Classic rpg stuff like Grandia, Suikoden, etc would be nice too.

A metroid print would be great, but I'd hate to have to buy a wii u to get one haha!

rinemy

Banned
I wish someone would do a Tomb Raider print especially for the upcoming game, they even gave Laura reasonable proportions this time as well.

Well I'd absolutely love a MGS print. If we're talking sony stuff, an ICO or SOTC print would be amazing! Classic rpg stuff like Grandia, Suikoden, etc would be nice too.

A metroid print would be great, but I'd hate to have to buy a wii u to get one haha!

Well, in regards to that, Olly Moss says he wants to do a MGS print so I assume he'll put one out eventually (and it will be officially licensed if it does happen, most like).

The other stuff sounds great, though I've admittedly yet to play them. I think there are quite a few SotC prints though. I saw someone was doing a series last year. It looked pretty awesome.

http://www.imagekind.com/GalleryProfile.aspx?gid=0c8b6073-5352-4c8a-8049-f995fac90eda

http://society6.com/iwilding/Shadow-of-the-Colossus-H7C_Print

These are screenprints I think?

620887_10151193595819663_589201303_o.jpg

Not sure if it was just the above links or not... will try to find more.

Tomb Raider just put out some prints recently, I believe. By big name artists too. Camilla d'Errico and Andy Park did the ones below:

Tomb-Raider-Final.jpg

andyparktombraider.jpg

Kalren

Unfortunately, my knowledge of games is mostly limited to Nintendo consoles since I'm actually a big Nintendo fan -- and they have a nice stance in regards to fan-related things (see starmen.net's Mother 3 book). On top of all that their stuff are easier to make into art since they have a long, rich legacy (it's also why Smash Bros. can exist and be hugely successful -- gameplay aside). Plus, the artists themselves are familiar with the games. Bobby O'Herlihy was able to put out that, in my opinion, great Pikmin-inspired print because he's actually played it. and yeah, I want to promote Nintendo's stuff too -- cause I'm most definitely a fan and want them to do well (hence the pre-requisites), but I also want to reward fans as well (hence the pre-requisites).

With third-party titles I haven't researched but I know Sega is something that shouldn't be touched with a ten-foot pole... Sony is likely to put stuff out their own screenprints as well (ratchet & clank, the last of us).

What games would you like to see though? This thread also has a gallery co-owner here: deadbolt1388. Bottleneck gallery puts out awesome themed shows every month. So even if I can't make it happen (as in do it justice), deadbolt might be open to ideas.

For myself, I certainly don't mind a if you want to have Game and Print be Nintendo themed in its releases. Though I will add my voice to the others who have spoken up about branching out to other games/systems. It's just a little disheartening to miss out on what should be some great looking prints because I don't necessarily purchase the most current release of a new Mario(or other games) when it comes out(my games purchases are usually 6 month behind).

Meier

Francavilla Friday the 13th tomorrow from Mondo. Looks pretty nice.

http://cdn.e2ma.net/userdata/1406483/images/e1360777029.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

The skull design in the trees is clever. I don't care for horror films but the Halloween one was stunning.. I'd have been all over that.

Coen

Hey Mockingbird, any love for European Fire Emblem fans? Game isn't released here for another month or so.

I'm also an ambassador (still rocking the greenblue 3DS too!) and am potentially interested in a print.

Hey Mockingbird, any love for European Fire Emblem fans? Game isn't released here for another month or so.

I'm also an ambassador (still rocking the greenblue 3DS too!) and am potentially interested in a print.

Ah, didn't know it wasn't out in EU yet. Hmmm.....

Bii

Got my Pikmin 3 print today from Mockingbird! I'm glad I got in on this. Thanks again! XD
Now I'll have to find a frame for it.

8472359234_2c9e72aa96_b.jpg

2/15/2013:

The Amityville Horror by Jay Shaw

amityville_horror_1979_-_skuzzles_regular.jpg

Price $35
Size 18" x 24" featuring 6 colors
Edition size of 100
Printing by DL Screenprinting
Artwork by Jay Shaw
Printed on thick French Madero Beach paper

OR

The Amityville Horror Maple Wood Variant Edition

Price $90
Size 18" x 24" featuring 6 colors
Edition size of 18
Colors 6
Artwork by Jay Shaw
Printed on 1/4" thick Maple Wood

How to buy online: http://www.skuzzles.com/ @ 12:00PM Eastern Time

The Amityville Horror Glow-in-the-Dark Variant Edition by Jay Shaw

amityville_horror_1979_variant_glow_-_skuzzles.jpg

Price $45
Size 18" x 24" featuring 7 colors and glow in the dark (GID) inks
Edition size of 50
Colors 7
Artwork by Jay Shaw
Printed on thick French Madero Beach paper

How to buy online: http://www.skuzzles.com/ @ 12:00PM Eastern Time

It's still technically only partially out in the US. lol

Lol. I barely got my copy yesterday and I got lucky!

Bottleneck Gallery will have their preview sale tomorrow. It will be for sale on their site at 5:00 PM PAC: http://www.bottleneckgallery.com/

Some of the stuff on sale:

For gamers, one is this awesome popeye print by Josh Mirman, based on the classic Nintendo game:

C1lo11s.jpg

Plus some Super Mario Bros. prints:

Giclee / 36 x 9.25 inches / Numbered edition of 12 / $40

tumblr_mhkmvy4YJ81rt0j3wo1_500h.jpg

The Other Plumber's Quest
Giclee / 36 x 9.25 inches / Numbered edition of 5 / $40

tumblr_mi17755mZe1rt0j3wo1_500h.jpg

Craig Drake has two Matrix prints:

CraigDrakeReg.jpg

CraigDrakeVariant.jpg

Anime fans:

AvVy91Y.jpg

Plus, a special something for The Dark Tower fans:

dt_zps4f0210ee.jpg

IronRinn

Not getting my hopes up for this Perillo Star Wars drop. Site is already slow as molasses.

(Pat on the back for me for spelling molasses correctly on the first go.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom