• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trevelyan

Banned
are there any 3DS ambassador owners on here? Thinking of doing an ambassador's print. Likely I will lose money doing so but let's see.

Of course! don't have my OG 3ds anymore though.... replaced that sonofabitch with an XL. I'd definitely be down for an ambassador's print!

Coming in a few weeks:

Survivor by Jay Shaw

survivor-poster-hi.jpg

In a few weeks time, the artist Jay Shaw will be offering a poster of this design. There will be a limit of only 100 of these posters and they will cost $20.39 (same flight number Tender takes!). So stay tuned and we will post a link on where to buy these posters once they become available. You might also try following Jay on Twitter to make sure you don't miss out!

IronRinn

That Survivor print might be my first Jay Shaw print. Love that book.

Also, I would really like to get Mike Mitchell's new JLU print but that is probably not going to happen.

That Survivor print might be my first Jay Shaw print. Love that book.

Also, I would really like to get Mike Mitchell's new JLU print but that is probably not going to happen.

Are Gallery 1988 drops similar to mondo in that by the time the tweet goes out it is too late?

IronRinn

Are Gallery 1988 drops similar to mondo in that by the time the tweet goes out it is too late?

Depends on what your going for, but usually no. You have time

In this case I think you might have to wait for the tweet. I'm not sure how you could find it otherwise. Maybe a search would bring it up before then, I don't know.

Unfortunately Mitchell, and the JLU theme especially, is super hot at the moment, and the editions are usually pretty low so I'm not getting my hopes up.

I really dig his Nightmare before Christmas print. I would probably even pick it up aftermarket if I found it for a reasonable price somewhere.

Hey, for the Game & Print Club, I thought it'd be fun to do some accomplishment pre-requisites for some games. Maybe in the month of May. What do you guys think?

Here are some hypothetical examples:

Game: Pilotwings Resort
Challenge Pre-Requisite: Obtain a perfect status in mission flight mode.

110418_174653.jpg

Prize: You get to buy this pilotwings print created just for doing such an accomplishment!

---------------------

Game: 3-D Classics: Urban Champion
Challenge Pre-Requisite: Obtain the ranking of Urban Champion.

295983_2297028106544_1274343875_2723705_4654287_n.jpg

Prize: You get to buy this Urban Champion print created just for doing such an accomplishment!

----------

Of course, I would try to make the prizes desirable. I'd also have to do it on a relatively new title so save files can't be downloaded. I think a month's time would be reasonable enough. Would anyone here be up for something like that? Or is it something that you probably wouldn't bother with? and I wouldn't make it super hard or anything, but it would be challenging.

Gallery 1988 x academy awards official posters!

Art Inspired by the Nominated Best Pictures
AMOUR by artist Matt Owen.
18x24 screen print

846x.jpg

ARGO by artist Anthony Petrie
18x24 screen print

846x.jpg

BEASTS OF THE SOUTHERN WILD by artist Rich Kelly
18x24 screen print

846x.jpg

DJANGO UNCHAINED by artist Mark Englert
36x12 screen print

846x.jpg

LES MISÉRABLES by Phantom City Creative
18x24 screen print

846x.jpg

LINCOLN by artist Jeff Boyes
18x24 screen print

846x.jpg

LIFE OF PI by artist Tom Whalen
18x24 screen print

846x.jpg

SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK by artist Joshua Budich
18x24 screen print

846x.jpg

ZERO DARK THIRTY by Godmachine
18x24 screen print

846x.jpg

IronRinn

Whalen's is pretty good but Kelly makes everyone else look like a bunch of amateurs. Holy crap that's a beautiful print.

Edit: Actually most of them are pretty good, just nowhere near as good as Kelly's.

IronRinn

Hey, for the Game & Print Club, I thought it'd be fun to do some accomplishment pre-requisites for some games. Maybe in the month of May. What do you guys think?

Of course, I would try to make the prizes desirable. I'd also have to do it on a relatively new title so save files can't be downloaded. I think a month's time would be reasonable enough. Would anyone here be up for something like that? Or is it something that you probably wouldn't bother with? and I wouldn't make it super hard or anything, but it would be challenging.

Game: Battletoads

Challenge Pre-Requisite: Beat Battletoads for the NES on an NES. Recorded footage of you playing through the entire game without any cheat devices must be submitted on VHS. Game cartridge and photos of system interior must be submitted for inspection.

Prize: Battletoads by Martin Ansin. Numbered edition of fuck all.

The GID on that Zero Dark Thirty is nuts!

Really well executed idea.

Most of them are solid. My problem is that most of the movies I just can't see wanting prints for.. Except for Django, but that will have to be a Stout :)

Edit: Except for Budich's. 3 different pairings of the stars seems a bit redundant, so I'm not a fan.

It is very cool but it would also be like a terrorist night light haha. My thoughts exactly on the Django, but I would be bummed to pass on the Englert and then not have a Stout happen.

Sigma722

The GID on that Zero Dark Thirty is nuts!

Really well executed idea.

Most of them are solid. My problem is that most of the movies I just can't see wanting prints for.. Except for Django, but that will have to be a Stout :)

Edit: Except for Budich's. 3 different pairings of the stars seems a bit redundant, so I'm not a fan.

omgkitty

I would love Whalen's except I absolutely hated that fucking movie. Also, Rich Kelly is one class act. Dude needs more love.

I've also decided that I really do not like Budich or Boyes. Their work is just shitty versions of Stout and Taylor.

Trevelyan

Banned

This is actually a pretty damn great idea. I think I'd definitely be up for it and would be some pretty great fun.

Meier

The Les Miserables print is fantastic. One of my favorite prints ever... no affinity for the play/movie/musical/etc. though as I've never seen it.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
That Django one would go perfect with my Skyfall...how can I buy?

Also seriously debating the Watchmen one posted earlier. $35. hmmmmm.

Meier

Holy fuck! Mondo is doing a Battle Royale poster..art from Kevin Tong and BRYAN LEE O'MALLEY! Selling at least a variant version of it at a screening in Houston apparently.

Meier

Beaten by Mockingbird (natch) but I didn't know what it looked like yet so it's all good.

I fucking love it. 100% bought if I can.

Yup, want that BR print. Anybody want to hook me up haha?
Not seeing any differences between the regular and variant, though...

Edit: Oh, I'm an idiot. See it clearly now lol

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one unimpressed by O'Malley's art. I usually love Kevin Tong's stuff, but the characters kind of kill it for me.

Oh, and count me as another 3DS Ambassador.

kaskade

Just got an email that my Rogue Gallery prints are shipping out on Monday. Man I really need to start buying frames. It kind of sucks how they are the most expensive part.

Hey, just a little Game & Print Club update:

0. Like the Facebook page if you haven't already! https://www.facebook.com/gameandprint

1. By the end of the month I will announce some new prints. One of them is a Fire Emblem: Awakening Early Adopters print (though might change it to a Challenge Pre-Requisite print with regards to the free DLC). I just got the printer's proof in and hope to take good pics soon. With that said, the game is actually damn hard to find around here. It's currently sold out at all the Targets around my area, so I might delay it to make it fair.

Here is a work-in-progress preview of the Fire Emblem: Awakening early adopters print: The Girl from the Plains by Elia Fernández.

thegirlfromtheplainsWIP_zps8c02eb32.jpg

2. I plan to do a 3DS Ambassador's print. Apologies in advance if you're not an ambassador =( but to keep it true to its name I must keep the list Ambassador's only. We paid a lot of money for the 3DS and now we'll have physical proof of it. The print itself will feature the Ambassador badge featured, though, so I'll try and make it so if you're not an Ambassador you're not going to want it (but if you're an Ambassador you'll want it!).

3DS Ambassador's Print Eligibility and Interest List (will be available only to 3DS Ambassadors. Proof must be submitted):

Neogaf:

1. Mockingbird
2. IronRinn
3. Bii
4. omgkitty
5. megateto
6. Captain Blood
7. ColonelSkills
8. Deadly Cyclone
9. Chairhome
10. Kerrinck
11. tm24