• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigma722

Congrats! What did you trade for?

I'm more impressed someone from Japan managed to buy an AP. I tried for that from Japan and messed up big time. Unless he got it secondary -- then I am no longer impressed.

Stout Reservoir Dogs Variant. I guess it is his favorite film, so being able to work with someone (international shipping) must have made up any difference in value for him. I told him I might throw in a surprise in the tube and he said not to worry about it because he thinks its a great trade. I still sent him a Stout Frog sticker :).

And yeah, he bought it from Moss. Originally, since the guy didn't really have much feedback/activity on EB, I was a little concerned, so I asked for his receipt to help verify and it all seemed to check out.

Pretty crazy series of events. I got really lucky.

The other pic got deleted so I'm posting this again on the new page:

If anyone got a Stout Prometheus sticker, expect one of these to come with it:

f14df56c75ad629fe998519e1dcc3abf_zps166fb336.jpg

And if you got a handbill set, expect one of these as well:

64165_4583141138210_1383985681_n.jpg

egg_02_zpsc541a7da.jpg

None of these are mine, so if anyone has one they don't want, you know what to do. :) (THIS MEANS PM ME NOT SELL IT OR GIVE IT TO SOMEONE ELSE)

Also, obviously this means Stout Prometheus/Alien at the gallery show right???

EDIT: And another, probably my favorite:

EDIT2: Another:

IS.php

IronRinn

Looks good overall but what the hell did he do to Bryan Cranston's face?

Edit: The more I look at it the more the full print suffers from having to be an album cover. I like the city/grid pieces but the cast sort of just floats there in the full print.

PBY

Banned
Question- if all I want is the LP- is it going to be a mad dash to get it? Or will I just be able to order it no problem?

IronRinn

Cranston looks pretty rough in the film so I'm okay with it. Albert Brooks looks a bit like Bono to me. :lol

It's neat but what happened with Albert Brooks on there, yikes.

Yeah, I'm not sure what happened there. Most of the others are pretty good likenesses, but those two are off. I think of the two prints for this movie from Mondo, Taylor's is the better one. This one was probably never going to live up to the seemingly monumental hype around it

kaskade

Question- if all I want is the LP- is it going to be a mad dash to get it? Or will I just be able to order it no problem?

They said that they were trying to get a deal going so it's more readily available. Don't know how true that is at this point. I'd love to get the pink vinyl.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Yeah, honestly, the piece looks way better as a vinyl cover than as a poster print. Which works for me, since I wanted the vinyl anyway.

It's crazy now to think a year ago I actually said "Who spends $800 on a poster?" and yet a few weeks ago, I spent $800 on a poster.

Word. And now the dam has broke so it's like "Well what's $1000 on a poster, right? Or what's $1500 on a set of 3? That's only $500 per print... I've spent more than that on one print before... that's not crazy..."

Help me.

Also: WHAT IS IT SIGMA?!??

Sigma722

Payment sent, so a little less likely to fall through now:

GUOCYj6.jpg

One of the APs from the drawing. Bout to open up my first FS thread to fund it :-D

Kerrinck

Congrats man, such a fantastic piece. Thankfully not a fan of Akira so I have no motivation to own it.

His LTROI however keeps tempting me though it is kinda hard to make the jump from 60-100$ prints to 400+ ones. I am sure I will succumb eventually though.

IronRinn

Payment sent, so a little less likely to fall through now:

One of the APs from the drawing. Bout to open up my first FS thread to fund it :-D

Ah, congrats man. That's really the only Stout that I want. Someday. Although, maybe not. I've been into this hobby for a few years now and I just cannot convince myself to spend anywhere near that for a print, no matter how much I dig it. Maybe one day.

On a different note: Do you guys have a trick for rolling flat prints that have never been rolled? I sold a pair of Dangers that were shipped flat to me. Since they are going to Australia I felt it would be best to stick them in a tube, but I'm worried I might fuck them up somehow. Should I use a smaller tube as a guide? They're so flat I don't even want to roll them!

Sigma722

Ah, congrats man. That's really the only Stout that I want. Someday. Although, maybe not. I've been into this hobby for a few years now and I just cannot convince myself to spend anywhere near that for a print, no matter how much I dig it. Maybe one day.

On a different note: Do you guys have a trick for rolling flat prints that have never been rolled? I sold a pair of Dangers that were shipped flat to me. Since they are going to Australia I felt it would be best to stick them in a tube, but I'm worried I might fuck them up somehow. Should I use a smaller tube as a guide? They're so flat I don't even want to roll them!

Yeah, I wish it were closer to the 300-400 others were mentioning, but hopefully once I get some stuff sold, it will lessen the blow.

I would say as long as you have a layer of tissue paper covering the first third or whatever, you should be able to avoid rub. Using a smaller tube seems like an idea that could work. The only problem I see with it is that you would have to "let go" to loosen it to get the smaller tube out, which *could* lead to some scuffs maybe? Not sure.

Meier

I think his Akira one is arguably his best. Really nails Otomo's style.

Congrats to listerfeend on finally making member status too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom