• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Since it's almost the last post on this page:

giDCTZy.jpg

My latest Stout acquisition!
Awesome! One of these days I'll take the plunge to try and get my hands on a Kill Bill variant.

mondo x Game of Thrones part 2!!!

Is this from a tweet?

Meier

No Moss mention in the news article sadly -- I'd love a GOT print from him. I got my Daniel Danger one framed but still haven't hung it up.

Definitely will be going to the gallery opening.

The more I was looking at the Django prints, the more I liked the Kelly one better. Stout's is very striking, but doesn't hold its appeal and I think the Kelly has a very classic movie poster feel to it.

In fact...

Yes, just bit on a Kelly on ebay. No regrets!

Zozobra

Hi guys,

I'm not really in to the whole print-trading thing, I usually just buy based on what I want hanging on my wall. That being said, for whatever reason last night I was "testing" to see how far I could actually go through the checkout process with a number of Mondo's drops and ended up with one of Moss' Les Mis prints that I really have no desire to keep.

I'd like to help out a fellow Gaffer who may have wanted this print, so I am open to trading, but it has to be something Mondo. Please PM me if you're interested.

Last night was also the first time I've heard of Expresso Beans. How have people's experiences with this been, particularly when it comes to buying prints from members? I've really wanted Rhy Cooper's 'Salacious B. Crumb' print and it looks like there is maybe one or two for sale but I don't know how to go about actually buying it...

Sigma722

Hi guys,

I'm not really in to the whole print-trading thing, I usually just buy based on what I want hanging on my wall. That being said, for whatever reason last night I was "testing" to see how far I could actually go through the checkout process with a number of Mondo's drops and ended up with one of Moss' Les Mis prints that I really have no desire to keep.

I'd like to help out a fellow Gaffer who may have wanted this print, so I am open to trading, but it has to be something Mondo. Please PM me if you're interested.

Last night was also the first time I've heard of Expresso Beans. How have people's experiences with this been, particularly when it comes to buying prints from members? I've really wanted Rhy Cooper's 'Salacious B. Crumb' print and it looks like there is maybe one or two for sale but I don't know how to go about actually buying it...

EB is overall pretty good. You have to be careful there, because a lot of them can be mean if you aren't in it for the "right" reasons.

If you are interested in buying from someone, you'll want to make an account and PM them. Typically they like users to have a little "cred" by posting a bit, so that they can trust you a bit, but since you are buying, it wouldn't hurt to send a PM, and explain that you are new and just interested in the print.

Being a buyer is a bit less risky for sellers since you have to send your money first. Whoever is selling, just be sure to check their feedback as well.

If you want to sell something on the site, it is a pretty good idea to get some feedback going for you, as well as post a bit here and there. After your transaction with the guy, once you've received the print, you can request feedback, and so can he/she.

Overall I like the site, but it can get pretty crazy with a lot of flipping hypocricy pointing fingers, etc.

Side note, a few of us gaffers are members over there, and it is fun to see slightly different personalities between the sites :)

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Hi guys,

If it's listed as being for sale, PM the owner and hit 'em up with an offer.

Most people on EB are on the up and up. If you're curious though, there's a seller / buyer reputation system you can check.

Sushigod7

Hi guys,

All the folks I've dealt with are super nice I am new and only used it for buying one print haven't been able to sell anything or trade yet. Posted a few times in the forums it's a really active community so always something new to read about on the forums. Have fun!

suplex

I managed to snag a Kelly django and a brave last night. Didn't even get close on les mis or the stout even though I was in immediately.

Anyways if any of you guys preferring the Kelly want to trade your stout for it, let me know.

Also I'd imagine a horkey Got is going to be insane. Hell a horkey anything is insane.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
I managed to snag a Kelly django and a brave last night. Didn't even get close on les mis or the stout even though I was in immediately.

Anyways if any of you guys preferring the Kelly want to trade your stout for it, let me know.

Also I'd imagine a horkey Got is going to be insane. Hell a horkey anything is insane.[/QUOTE

Didn't Horkey do a GoT print on the first run, when they released at comic-con? Seems like anything Horkey related would be obvious with the amount of animal symbology in ASOIAF.

Meier

Here is a pic from Facebook with the roster of artists who will have pieces on display (or at least some of the artists):

421485_10151444387442239_1252574591_n.jpg

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Huh, I contacted Mondo to combine my shipping and adjust my shipping address, and on a whim I mentioned what happened with the credit card, and wrote:

But I mean, you might not have an extra back there would you? No? You sure?

Can't blame a guy for trying. :)

Of course, I was half-joking around, but I got a response back that I've been put on a wait list!

So, fingers crossed, knock on wood, etc: the Mondo gods may smile down on me yet.

Sushigod7

Huh, I contacted Mondo to combine my shipping and adjust my shipping address, and on a whim I mentioned what happened with the credit card, and wrote:

Of course, I was half-joking around, but I got a response back that I've been put on a wait list!

So, fingers crossed, knock on wood, etc: the Mondo gods may smile down on me yet.

Wow that's awesome I suppose you might be in luck if no damaged during shipping on the originals.

suplex

This is for the Stout Django?

I jokingly asked as well, and the response was sorry, nope.

Hope it comes through for you though.

lupinko

Stout has made mention of his Django print, now the wait for his lottery begins.

That or I break the bank for the aftermarket ebay price gouged version. :'(

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
This is for the Stout Django?

I jokingly asked as well, and the response was sorry, nope.

Hope it comes through for you though.

Yeah. Maybe they took pity on me because of what happened? I dunno. I don't expect anything to come of it of course. It's just very nice of them to even offer to help me out if there ends up being any available.

Again, I don't expect it, but if I do get the chance, I'll jump on it. I may not worship Stout like a lot of you guys, but I always end up liking his stuff a lot more in person. The colored Avengers print in particular is gorgeous in person. It also helps that I loved Django Unchained.

For now, fingers crossed.

GAH!!!! Sorry, but I don't think I'll be announcing the next batch of Game & Print Club releases in February after all. I want to -- and thought I'd be able to, but unless a specific piece is done within two days, it likely won't happen. Sorry =(

I'd love to go to a Mondo Gallery show, and this would be the one to do it. Living on the opposite end of the country is a bit of a bummer though. Here is to hoping for some legit online drops.

Meier

I'd love to go to a Mondo Gallery show, and this would be the one to do it. Living on the opposite end of the country is a bit of a bummer though. Here is to hoping for some legit online drops.

Not to downplay it, but the stuff up in the gallery is usually quite expensive.. I'm guessing this one will break the bank in that regard. They're fun to look at but far too expensive realistically. It's a lot of fun though to go to these -- only wish their space was bigger. It's legitimately a 1-2 hour wait to get in on opening night.. probably will be even worse this time. I expect folks to start lining up at least 2 days early.

Sushigod7

Same here I'm in Florida a little to long of a road trip. This will be a awesome show though.

On a seperate note got my Pikmin framed and hung along with my Princess Mononoke. It's going to be lonely until I get a Totoro and the Spirited Away to keep it company (someday).

Meier

Same here I'm in Florida a little to long of a road trip. This will be a awesome show though.

On a seperate note got my Pikmin framed and hung along with my Princess Mononoke. It's going to be lonely until I get a Totoro and the Spirited Away to keep it company (someday).

For the Mononoke, what type of anchor did you use? 20 pound? Or was 10 okay? They all look great!

Sushigod7

For the Mononoke, what type of anchor did you use? 20 pound? Or was 10 okay? They all look great!

This frame is super light weight I bought it on Amazon since I couldn't find a 20X36 locally without going custom. I cut my own acid free board for the backing and since it's light I only had to use a nail and hanger, no anchors.

So happy you like it enough to frame! Exquisite too! Thanks! I'm sure Bobby would be thrilled to see it.

On February 28, 2013 I'm going to go ahead and announce some of our upcoming print releases and have a contest to win free prints too. Please stay tuned!

2/28/2013:

Cobra Commander by Rhys Cooper

cobra-commander-poster-fb.jpg

Limited Edition Licensed Screenprint

12x36 - 5 color screen print

Paper: Domtar Lynx Opaque

Run Size: 100

Markings: Numbered

Trading Card Certificate of Authenticity – Numbered

Printed by D&L Screenprinting – Seattle WA

Produced by Acidfree Gallery

Officially Licensed by Hasbro, Inc.

$50

How to buy online: http://www.acidfreegallery.com/cobra-commander-by-rhys-cooper/ @ 12:30 PM EST

Cobra Commander Variant Edition by Rhys Cooper

cobra-commander-poster-variant-dark-charcoal-fin.jpg

12x36 - 5 color screen print (with Metallics)

Run Size: 55

$65

How to buy online: http://www.acidfreegallery.com/cobra-commander-variant-by-rhys-cooper/ @ 12:30 PM EST

Storm Shadow by Rhys Cooper

storm-shadow-poster-fb.jpg

12x36 - 5 color screen print

Run Size: 100

$50

How to buy online: http://www.acidfreegallery.com/storm-shadow-by-rhys-cooper/ @ 12:30 PM EST

Storm Shadow Variant Edition by Rhys Cooper

storm-shadow-poster-variant-fin.jpg

12x36 - 5 color screen print (with Metallics)

Run Size: 55

$65

How to buy online: http://www.acidfreegallery.com/storm-shadow-variant-by-rhys-cooper/ @ 12:30 PM EST

IronRinn

I have a fairly heavy framed print of Andrew Wyeth's Christina's World that I picked up in an antique store for a song (honestly, the frame is probably worth more than the print.) Anyway, thing is all wood and a big piece of glass. Hung that sucker on a 30-pound hook and made sure I nailed it into a stud, just to be safe. Hooks are cheap and better to be safe than sorry. I have no doubt there is a formula for calculating the correct hook for weight and shear force, et al but this has worked for me. Whenever I've hung anything big my main concern has been anchoring on something other than just drywall.

Edit: Alternatively, here's what some hook dudes have to say about hooks: http://www.govart.com/hardware_hooks_A.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom