• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allforce

Finally got my Taylor Jurassic Park print framed up, thought I'd share here with other fans:

C360_2013-02-27-13-28-39_zpsc29e9f21.jpg

C360_2013-02-27-13-25-19_zpsf1015224.jpg

That's a great looking frame job.

Serious!

3/1/2013:

Django Unchained Artist Proof Edition by Rich Kelly

djangoregkellyarchive_thumb.JPG

24”x36” screen print. Signed and numbered artist proof edition. Six colors on French Speckletone Old Green paper. $85.

How to buy online: http://richkelly.bigcartel.com/product/django-unchained-regular @ 11 AM EST

Django Unchained Variant Artist Proof Edition by Rich Kelly

djangovarkellyarchive_thumb.JPG

24”x36” screen print. Signed and numbered artist proof edition. Six colors on French Construction Steel Blue paper. $110.

How to buy online: http://richkelly.bigcartel.com/product/django-unchained-variant @ 11 AM EST

Is Big Cartel a situation where once you have an item carted it is yours for a set period of time to checkout?
Yes that's what everyone told me last time.
Good deal. I think the only time I have purchased something off of big cartel was Moss's Rogues, where the checkout process wasn't a concern.

IronRinn

Allforce - As others have said that was, perhaps, the perfect choice of frame. Very, very nice.

Must resist buying that Kelly print. I haven't even seen the movie!

Sigma722

It certainly had more fans than the Stout on Oscar night.

They were all just pissed that they missed the Stout ;)

Also, for the Big Cartel stuff. I believe it is possible for the sellers to turn off the carting rules. IIRC Stout's Sleeping Dog sale was through a big cartel link, and I carted it to think about it... but then it sold out. Or maybe it is possible to set your stock to way more than what you have, so people can cart, but so can others.. Anyways. It's not 100%. But for the artists that really really want to avoid oversell, they definitely set their stock, and carting rules apply.

Englert and Moss both do when they use big cartel links.

ugh, wish I had gotten those Les Mis Mondo prints, i'm so new to this didn't realize they'd sell out. Do these screen prints ever come back in stock?

I need to make sure to sub this thread...

omgkitty

No offense to everyone here, but I love how we have to have the Big Cartel talk every few weeks because no one knows how it works.

Sigma722

ugh, wish I had gotten those Les Mis Mondo prints, i'm so new to this didn't realize they'd sell out. Do these screen prints ever come back in stock?

Which one do you like more, and why?

No offense to everyone here, but I love how we have to have the Big Cartel talk every few weeks because no one knows how it works.

Everyone LITERALLY just took offense. Way to go.

IronRinn

Well I, for one, am incredibly offended. How dare you, sir.

Someone should make a PosterGAF Guide to Scoring Limited Paper for Fun and Profit.

Meier

The artist usually has some copies of his own that he (or she) sells that are called Artist Proofs or APs. Olly will sell these on his own site (http://ollymoss.com/) at some point in the nearish future. He usually sells them at closer to "market value" though so expect to pay more like $120 or so when the print goes on sale through him. If you get into the hobby of collecting, I definitely recommend you subscribe to the thread.. it's a great tool to stay on top of stuff. Mockingbird keeps us pretty well up to date.

In terms of selling out from Mondo (or the other sites).. 95% of the time they're gone within a day at most, typically within 10 minutes or less. If it's a big name artist, it's usually a matter of minutes.

kaskade

I have a frame question for you guys. When framing a bigger print like a poster size how do you usually do it? I know the print shouldn't touch the glass so spacers are needed. Do you pretty much just lay it in the frame then use the pressure from the back board to keep it in place? Basically everything I framed has been matted so I hinged them and everything (very beneficial skill from my photography class).

IronRinn

So, is this just so you can get a matching set or are these going to be for sale as usual? Or do we need a copy of Fire Emblem? I don't have a Facebook account, so I'm just curious.

Sushigod7

Awesome idea will enter when I figure it out. Thanks!

edit: This is pretty difficult I have little hope for myself I would have never guessed who the first print was let alone the two others being blurred.

So, is this just so you can get a matching set or are these going to be for sale as usual? Or do we need a copy of Fire Emblem? I don't have a Facebook account, so I'm just curious.

You don't need anything to enter the contest. This is just so you can win a matching numbered set for free! Most of Game & Print Club's stuff will be via FB, unfortunately. Make a faux FB (please)!!!

They'll all be for sale at a later date.

Meier

I put up my guess.. tough to try and nail the title and character!

Do my 10 bonus points count towards this or another giveaway? Haha.

Egnirys

I posted mine. My fiance is Trevelyan who was one of the early WiiU adapters and got the Pikmin print. I hope it's fine I made a guess.

Also posting the sale details here:

3/21/2013 - 3/25/2013:

Game & Print Club Release #1: The Girl from the Plains by Elia Fernández ( http://www.elia-illustration.com/ )

lyndisundone_zpscd7e7bc2.jpg

Pre-Requisite: You must own at least one game in the Fire Emblem series, or a Wii U console and / or 3DS handheld.
Size: 8"x10"
Printing Technique: Giclee
Paper: Textured Water Color Paper, Epson Cold Press Bright White - 340 gsm, 19 mil - archival
Printed by: Giclee Today
Final Edition Size: Timed Edition, TBA
Price: $17.00
Sale Period: 3/21/2013 - 3/25/2013

How to buy online: https://www.facebook.com/gameandprint @ noon PAC.

This print really looks great. And I noticed that requirements may have been relaxed a bit? I know I appreciate that.

Yeah. It was originally going to be an early adopters print but the game isn't out in EU. I think most of the releases will require a 3DS or Wii-U so once you've purchased something once (after I've verified your Wii U console or 3DS friendcode) you'll be clear to pretty much buy whatever with the exception of some early adopters and challenge pre-requisite prints.

Up now:

V for Vendetta Artist Proof Edition by Cesar Moreno

v-de-vendetta.jpg

Signed artist proof edition. 24"x36" screen print. $60 + $50 shipping to the US

How to buy online: http://eltacodeojo.com/es/prints/129-v-de-vendetta.html

Justin Santora and JC Richard Preview:

JCRichard_Equator_full_beauty_med_large.jpg

JCRichard_jc_richard_EITFOOD_new_large.jpg

JCRichard_Moonwatchers_detail_pub_large.jpg

JCRichard_Cliff_blue_lrg_large.jpg

http://nineteeneightyeight.com/collections/justin-santora-jc-richard

HTuran

Damn, wish those Santora pieces were prints. Love his stuff.

justinsantora_aninkling_large.jpg
justinsantora_undermybelt_large.jpg

Wouldn't be able to buy them anyway due to G1988's international rates, but still.

So... I got this yesterday from a trade with a guy who lives in Japan:

Tt0q8L7.jpg

So excited to have it finally! AP, woot!

Congrats! What did you trade for?

I'm more impressed someone from Japan managed to buy an AP. I tried for that from Japan and messed up big time. Unless he got it secondary -- then I am no longer impressed.

If anyone got a Stout Prometheus sticker, expect one of these to come with it:

f14df56c75ad629fe998519e1dcc3abf_zps166fb336.jpg

And if you got a handbill set, expect one of these as well:

64165_4583141138210_1383985681_n.jpg

D0FFCyD.jpg

None of these are mine, so if anyone has one they don't want, you know what to do. :) (THIS MEANS PM ME NOT SELL IT OR GIVE IT TO SOMEONE ELSE)

Also, obviously this means Stout Prometheus/Alien at the gallery show right???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom