• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
3/6/2013:

The ancient one by Mark Englert

the-ancient-one-FINAL.jpg

12x24, 5-color hand-pulled screen print with one metallic... a very tiny metallic. The run size will match "it's a dinosaur" and there is no limit to how many you can buy. Plus you can combine orders with It's a dinosaur to save on shipping. Each order will come with free The Neverending Story Handbills too.

How to buy online: http://www.tacobelvedere.bigcartel.com/ @ at 10am PST

IronRinn

Weird, I guess there aren't many prints for The Neverending Story. I kind of like this one.

Edit: Yeah, think I'm gonna grab one.

3/6/2013:

The ancient one by Mark Englert

the-ancient-one-FINAL.jpg

12x24, 5-color hand-pulled screen print with one metallic... a very tiny metallic. The run size will match "it's a dinosaur" and there is no limit to how many you can buy. Plus you can combine orders with It's a dinosaur to save on shipping. Each order will come with free The Neverending Story Handbills too.

How to buy online: http://www.tacobelvedere.bigcartel.com/ @ at 10am PST

=/ no luck dragon no buy... maybe

IronRinn

Fucking FUCK. I am never going to land another of these JLU prints. I don't even remember a release date being announced for this one. Son of a BITCH.

Ok, I feel better now.

also, django poster email from me probably going out tomorrow, wednesday. hopefully. due to work madness, sarah is handling most of the sale,

Oh shit, another Stout lotto! Hopefully this means the Mondo run will start shipping soon too!!!

What it better mean is that they will allow pickups in Austin, and allow Tyler to sign either the pickups, or all of the series.

I mean if you wanted to sell me your Django to help cover that Akira I wouldn't be mad at you. :)

We should be seeing the announcement for the first two GoTs posters today right? Two poster drops a week for a total of 8 leading up to the 3/31 premire? Hopefully I am not misreading the announcement.
I could be wrong but I think the online drops start next week since there will be eight prints with two of them being released at the gallery.

Yeah after re-reading the announcement that makes sense.

Kerrinck

I mean if you wanted to sell me your Django to help cover that Akira I wouldn't be mad at you. :)

We should be seeing the announcement for the first two GoTs posters today right? Two poster drops a week for a total of 8 leading up to the 3/31 premire? Hopefully I am not misreading the announcement.

I could be wrong but I think the online drops start next week since there will be eight prints with two of them being released at the gallery.

Meier

Have a sneaking suspicion we COULD see the Moss Spirited Away print unveiled this week. Alamo is doing a Rolling Roadshow at Tim League's house (he's the founder) of the film on Sunday. Sadly, I missed out on tickets (they sold out in just a handful of minutes and I saw the Facebook post too late) but that's kind of a pretty big coincidence for them to be doing Spirited Away of all things. As I understand it, Moss' big break came from doing some prints for a series of Rolling Roadshows in the past.

Sushigod7

Have a sneaking suspicion we COULD see the Moss Spirited Away print unveiled this week. Alamo is doing a Rolling Roadshow at Tim League's house (he's the founder) of the film on Sunday. Sadly, I missed out on tickets (they sold out in just a handful of minutes and I saw the Facebook post too late) but that's kind of a pretty big coincidence for them to be doing Spirited Away of all things. As I understand it, Moss' big break came from doing some prints for a series of Rolling Roadshows in the past.

Oh man my heart is racing already. I hope your right that would be awesome.

IronRinn

I am really not looking forward to trying to get one of these. At all.

Sigma722

Supposedly the tickets had been up for sale for like a week or two, and they just tweeted/posted about it to take care of the last ones.

I saw Spirited Away at a rolling roadshow last year in KC. Would have been nice to see a print there.

Meier

Supposedly the tickets had been up for sale for like a week or two, and they just tweeted/posted about it to take care of the last ones.

I saw Spirited Away at a rolling roadshow last year in KC. Would have been nice to see a print there.

Ahh blast! I guess I must have somehow missed the original news (as did most of the commenters on Facebook and Twitter) or they just did a quiet launch of the sale. I'm a totally picky eater and none of the feast sounds appealing to me but I still would have considered buying tickets for the experience. Either way, it still seems like a possibility though given the circumstances. It'd be nice if he was in town for SXSW and did a signing or something. :)

Sigma722

This. THIS THIS THIS. Since I now own both variants, does this mean I'm obligated to have my own print army trying to score for me? :D

I guess I have to really hope to get the AP since my Regs are both AP. Might have to hire some people myself. I will also be requesting his old signature at the bottom to match. I feel like that is a fair request since I will be hanging them all next to each other.

Also, I recently scored his AP LotR. Yes, that was only related because my lotr is an AP. I think I might let it go though.

lupinko

We didn't have to put anything special other than name and address matching PayPal info right for the stout lotto? I had django lottery sale as my subject heading.

omgkitty

We didn't have to put anything special other than name and address matching PayPal info right for the stout lotto? I had django lottery sale as my subject heading.

I think there's some secret formula to being picked and I have yet to crack it. I put a quote from the film in my title this time.

I think there's some secret formula to being picked and I have yet to crack it. I put a quote from the film in my title this time.

To the best of my knowledge, they take the number of posters they're selling (let's say 400), go through the emails to determine how many they received (let's say 4000), have their Inbox show 50 emails per page (for a total of 80 pages) then determine how many "winners" they can award on each page (in this instance 5 per page (5x80=400)) and Sarah randomly picks 5 emails per page. (at this point I'd imagine they check the winners to make sure where was no cheating (duplicate names, emails or home addresses)

They say she does it randomly, but I'd definitely say having ANYTHING in the subject line is better than nothing, and something eye-catching is better than that...

omgkitty

To the best of my knowledge, they take the number of posters they're selling (let's say 400), go through the emails to determine how many they received (let's say 4000), have their Inbox show 50 emails per page (for a total of 80 pages) then determine how many "winners" they can award on each page (in this instance 5 per page (5x80=400)) and Sarah randomly picks 5 emails per page. (at this point I'd imagine they check the winners to make sure where was no cheating (duplicate names, emails or home addresses)

They say she does it randomly, but I'd definitely say having ANYTHING in the subject line is better than nothing, and something eye-catching is better than that...

It still feels to me like the same people keep getting in over and over again though. I mean hearing of people on EB who are literally over 10 times without being picked, it makes you wonder. I I know a lot of people enter, but it can't be that many!

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
It still feels to me like the same people keep getting in over and over again though. I mean hearing of people on EB who are literally over 10 times without being picked, it makes you wonder. I I know a lot of people enter, but it can't be that many!

it's a LOT for not many posters

suplex

I've managed to win the stout lotto twice, and one of those times I was helped by owning a lebowski.

I never put anything fancy in the subject line, just keep it simple and boring.

There are definitely a lot of people entering and not very many posters. I assume with each release, more and more people are entering, making it tougher to win.

Hoping for win #3 tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom