• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Those Repo Man posters are nice... but I already dropped a bunch on the Horkey and at Bottleneck on Friday.

...Eh, who needs to eat.

FnordChan

My Drive OST arrived and I was pleased to see that a) I got the pink vinyl varient and b) Mondo shipped it out in the best record packaging I've ever seen. It's genuinely impressive.

FnordChan

Up now:

Les Miserables artist proof edition by Olly Moss

lesmislarge.jpg

24x36" screen-printed poster. AP edition 1-50. Signed and numbered. $85.

How to buy online: http://ollymoss.bigcartel.com/product/les-miserables

UP later today:

Rear Window artist proof edition / Rear Window Variant artist proof Edition by Kevin Tong

e1365615348.jpg

Poster by Kevin Tong. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered/signed. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $60

Variant poster by Kevin Tong. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered/signed. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $85

How to buy online: http://tragicsunshine.com/art_prints/

Just got out of a meeting. They were both passes for me(thought the Shaw was better than the Stout), but out of curiosity how quick did they go?

Very. Lots of people on EB saying they missed the Stout Variant.

The other 2 went pretty quick but I'd imagine were fairly easy if you were there at the right time. I was able to go through checkout with the Stout var completely, then go back and get the Shaw.

IronRinn

Shaw's version crushed Stout's. A ton of them up on the Bay already. Interested to see what they're dropping later in the week if they're dropping a Stout on a Tuesday.

I have a few framed prints I'm interested in selling but I'm not sure where to properly sell them. Considering that they're framed, I'm looking to sell them only locally. Craigslist is an option but it's not exactly the right crowd. Anyone have any suggestions?

Trasher

I have a few framed prints I'm interested in selling but I'm not sure where to properly sell them. Considering that they're framed, I'm looking to sell them only locally. Craigslist is an option but it's not exactly the right crowd. Anyone have any suggestions?

Have you asked around on the EB forum?

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
You can always post here too!

I know myself as well as a few others have sold prints through this thread and as far as I know they've all gone pretty well.

Trasher

Went to the New Beverly screening of Django Unchained tonight in LA, and they raffled off a decent amount of Mondo posters: a couple of Brides from Drake, Tarantino XX's from Taylor, and a couple Stout Django variants. Apparently one of the Tarantino XX's had a stamp on the back that said "Mondo Production Sample Not For Sale."

I didn't win anything sadly, but at least I got a free Django bluray. Everyone who went to the movie got a copy. Definitely worth the $8 admission haha.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Went to the New Beverly screening of Django Unchained tonight in LA, and they raffled off a decent amount of Mondo posters: a couple of Brides from Drake, Tarantino XX's from Taylor, and a couple Stout Django variants. Apparently one of the Tarantino XX's had a stamp on the back that said "Mondo Production Sample Not For Sale."

I didn't win anything sadly, but at least I got a free Django bluray. Everyone who went to the movie got a copy. Definitely worth the $8 admission haha.

WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY HI

Meier

Cool, it looks like Alice Zhang is doing a solo show at Bottleneck on June 7th. Nice get, deadbolt!

She's giving out some free stickers at that show and some other events before then.

67899_628319070516437_2011349709_n.jpg

Yeah that was super cool. Love the New Bev.

Thought it was hilarious how big of a cheer that EB guy got from other EBers when he won one of the posters.

LOL. That was us (jstevenson and I)! Along with a few other EBers in the row. But it was awesome! Cause it couldn't have gone to a nicer person! He was quite bummed about missing out on it twice before so it was kind of like a hail mary catch.

Hit me or stevenson up if you're going to be at Badrobot!

4/19/2013:

The Battle at Blackwater by Mark Englert

Those-are-brave-men-knocking-at-our-door%252C-lets-go-kill-them-FINAL-combine.jpg

12x36

4 color hand-pulled silkscreen print, plus glow in the dark ink

AP edition of 50, 20 available for sale

signed and numbered by artist. $50

How to buy online: http://www.tacobelvedere.bigcartel.com/ between 11-12pm PST

April Fools Handbill by Mark Englert

holy-grail-handbill.jpg

4x6

giclee print

AP edition of 30, 5 available for sale

signed and numbered by artist. $20

How to buy online: http://www.tacobelvedere.bigcartel.com/ between 11-12pm PST

The Empire Strikes Back by Dave Perillo

SWOTLTD239SS.jpg

Retail price $50.00
signed by the artist Dave Perillo
250 piece silk screen limited edition
12″ x 36″
printed by DL Screenprinting

How to buy online: http://www.darkinkart.com/the-empire-strikes-back-dave-perillo/ @ a random time.

Trasher

LOL. That was us (jstevenson and I)! Along with a few other EBers in the row. But it was awesome! Cause it couldn't have gone to a nicer person! He was quite bummed about missing out on it twice before so it was kind of like a hail mary catch.

Hit me or stevenson up if you're going to be at Badrobot!

Haha awesome to hear it went to a proper home!

Yeah me and my roommate (also a GAFer/EBer) will be going to the Bad Robot event. He actually worked at Bad Robot this past summer haha. We probably won't be there until after 7 though.

Ugh, I am going for attempt number three on this damn Englert print. I was just reading earlier today that once you add an item to your cart on Mark's website, that means you've actually scored the print. I don't really care too much about the handbill, but I wonder what the best bet is to simply just score the damn thing. Just go for the print, or go for the print/handbill combo? I'd rather not spend an extra $20 for the handbill, but I wonder if more people will be going for just the print.

Sushigod7

Haha awesome to hear it went to a proper home!

Yeah me and my roommate (also a GAFer/EBer) will be going to the Bad Robot event. He actually worked at Bad Robot this past summer haha. We probably won't be there until after 7 though.

Ugh, I am going for attempt number three on this damn Englert print. I was just reading earlier today that once you add an item to your cart on Mark's website, that means you've actually scored the print. I don't really care too much about the handbill, but I wonder what the best bet is to simply just score the damn thing. Just go for the print, or go for the print/handbill combo? I'd rather not spend an extra $20 for the handbill, but I wonder if more people will be going for just the print.

That handbill will be a tough one to get only 5 up. Should be interesting.

Trasher

That handbill will be a tough one to get only 5 up. Should be interesting.

Another 20 are on sale with the actual print though. Combo deal.

From Mark's website:
This Friday, between 11-12pm PST, I'll be selling 40 AP copies of my latest print, "the battle at blackwater" in my store. 20 of them will be just the print, for $50 plus $13 shipping US, $15 to Canada and Mexico, $23 international. All prints are signed and numbered by me.

I'll also have 20 copies of my April Fools day handbill to include as a set with "the battle at blackwater". A set will cost $70 plus shipping. I'll also have 5 handbills to sell on their own, for $20 each.

lupinko

My Drive vinyl and Stout Portrait have already shipped from Mondo and Stout respectively.

Now I just have to buy frames for the portrait (and for my Autobot Whalen and my Stout Django).

Trasher

Someone who ordered Horkey's Canus Dirus from P&T already got it:

dscn0405j.jpg

dscn0403ba.jpg

dscn0400u.jpg

The clouds are done in metallics!

So glad I missed out on the Mondo one and ended up getting it from P&T now lol.

IronRinn

4/19/2013:

Oblivion by Killian Eng

e1366302355.jpg

Poster by Kilian Eng. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 275. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

How to buy online: http://www.mondotees.com/view_category.asp?cat=12 @ a random time.

Very nice, but also kind of boring, for Eng that is. It doesn't look like it was made while on acid at all.

Also, Mockingbird, where's that Zelda print? You made me take pictures of stuff! GIMME DA ZELDA PRINT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom