• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought about it, but I'm going to pass.

I feel the opposite for this one, it's regular over variant for me.

Agree, I like regular over variant this time too. I picked it up so it can sit with Invitational over top of my TF collection though. I think it'll look pretty sweet.

suplex

So what's the secret to p&t drops, I whiffed on the horkey drop, I had it carted immediately and it sold out by the time I clicked next on the shipping info page. There's gotta be something I'm missing if people can get through PayPal in that same time frame.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
So what's the secret to p&t drops, I whiffed on the horkey drop, I had it carted immediately and it sold out by the time I clicked next on the shipping info page. There's gotta be something I'm missing if people can get through PayPal in that same time frame.

you just gotta be very, very, very fast.

Had no idea of this whole revenge/return of the Jedi thing. Thanks for the enlightment guys ;)

I still think listerfeend just bought some bootlegs.

Bobby O'Herlihy's piece for the Nickelodeon show tonite:

IAM8BIT_WEB_VERSION.jpg

Bobby O'Herlihy said:
Hello hello! I was given the privilege to be a participant in iam8bit's "It's the ShizNick!" Show dedicated to all things 90's Nickelodeon. The show will be beginning tomorrow, April 19th at iam8bit gallery on Sunset Blvd in California. They were looking for something more than a straight character redesign, they were looking for something a bit different.

I decided to draw one of Nick's catchiest tunes, "Bangin' on a Trash Can" by Doug Funny and Skeeter Valentine!(with older, retro versions of them thrown in there of course :] ). To this day I'll catch myself humming that tune without realizing I'm doing it. If you find yourself doing the same I hope you appreciate this piece as well.

Meier

Was looking through the Complex top 50 Mondo prints.. it's not a great list really but still cool to get that kind of pub. I had never seen that Stout Let the Right One In print.. holy eff that is AMAZING. I see via the comments that it's actually not even a Mondo print but either way.. stunning is an understatement.

Was looking through the Complex top 50 Mondo prints.. it's not a great list really but still cool to get that kind of pub. I had never seen that Stout Let the Right One In print.. holy eff that is AMAZING. I see via the comments that it's actually not even a Mondo print but either way.. stunning is an understatement.

It's pretty great. We're trying to find Kitty one on EB, but it's a tough one to find nowadays.

I kept refreshing the page but couldn't get a TESB one. So, fellow gaffers, where can I go now to find a "second hand" one?

Expressobeans or ebay will be your only choice, it seems. artist proofs are likely already sold out.

If anyone here ordered a Jen Yu Crouching Tiger print, check your email and be thankful you bought one!

Omie

Funny that you mentioned that, I just got mine back from the framers last week!

Pics: http://imgur.com/a/JlVdf#Sp17CYG

Trasher

Yeah, does anyone recommend a good custom framing store in the LA area? I usually use an Aaron Brothers that is right down the road from me.

Omie

Yeah, does anyone recommend a good custom framing store in the LA area? I usually use an Aaron Brothers that is right down the road from me.

I actually got my LTROI framed in Los Angeles, LA GAF Represent! This is the place I went to, http://www.downtownframing.com. Five stars on Yelp and I was super impressed with the job. The double matted framing was a bit pricey, but I hear that Michael's doesn't do a frame job as nice for nearly as much as what I paid which was just shy above $200. It was at the framer's for about a month but I was in no rush to get it. You can leave a deposit so that it doesn't burn a hole in your wallet when you pick up your beatifully framed art. The dude, I believe his name is Jose, is totally legit and spent at least 15-20 minutes trying to help me find a nice matting combination.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I actually got my LTROI framed in Los Angeles, LA GAF Represent! This is the place I went to, http://www.downtownframing.com. Five stars on Yelp and I was super impressed with the job. The double matted framing was a bit pricey, but I hear that Michael's doesn't do a frame job as nice for nearly as much as what I paid which was just shy above $200. It was at the framer's for about a month but I was in no rush to get it. You can leave a deposit so that it doesn't burn a hole in your wallet when you pick up your beatifully framed art. The dude, I believe his name is Jose, is totally legit and spent at least 15-20 minutes trying to help me find a nice matting combination.

Downtown Framing Outlet is excellent too. A little more expensive and they take a little bit longer (like you said, a month is possible).

There's a guy called Frame Devil some people have been raving about. And Jon Gibson at iam8bit was telling me about someone they use downtown that's good too but blanking on it as I wouldn't drive downtown from the valley for framing if I could avoid it

Trasher

in terms of quality and cheapness, I haven't been able to beat Gonzales Framing in North Hollywood yet.

Cool. Thanks for the info.

I just took my Ken Taylor Halloween in to get framed and am paying quite the pretty penny...but I also have my Horkey Canus Dirus coming any day. Was hoping to get something a little less taxing on my wallet since I just spent a decent amount.

Omie

Cool. Thanks for the info.

I just took my Ken Taylor Halloween in to get framed and am paying quite the pretty penny...but I also have my Horkey Canus Dirus coming any day. Was hoping to get something a little less taxing on my wallet since I just spent a decent amount.

Halloween, awesome, please post pics! The Horkey is a larger print, so you are bound to pay a little more than a regular print because it'll need to be custom framed. Beautiful print! I opted for the Bran during that sale and am eagerly awating it :)

Nice!

I have to get off my butt and find a good framer. Deadbolt, know any good framers around these parts?

567 Framing Brooklyn
221 McKibbin St
Unit 8
Brooklyn, NY 11206
Neighborhood: East Williamsburg
(718) 381-3789

Close-ish to the gallery, they do a great job, and also have next day rush for a little extra.
Price wise depends on you but they start at around $80 and all frames are custom, and they have a ridiculously large selection.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
567 Framing Brooklyn
221 McKibbin St
Unit 8
Brooklyn, NY 11206
Neighborhood: East Williamsburg
(718) 381-3789

Close-ish to the gallery, they do a great job, and also have next day rush for a little extra.
Price wise depends on you but they start at around $80 and all frames are custom, and they have a ridiculously large selection.

Sweet. I'll go check them out.

Thanks!

Trasher

Halloween, awesome, please post pics! The Horkey is a larger print, so you are bound to pay a little more than a regular print because it'll need to be custom framed. Beautiful print! I opted for the Bran during that sale and am eagerly awating it :)

Halloween was an awkward size as well, so I went custom with it. It's probably my most valuable print anyways so I didn't really mind dumping a lot into the framing.

I got the Bran one as well lol. I have way too many GoT posters!

Halloween was an awkward size as well, so I went custom with it. It's probably my most valuable print anyways so I didn't really mind dumping a lot into the framing.

I got the Bran one as well lol. I have way too many GoT posters!

How many are you waiting on right now out of curiosity?

I love how you call me out in the thread even though I'm sitting right here on AIM! You know what I've ordered!

I'm just saying your GoTs collection is impressive! hahah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom