• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trasher

It's in the OP under Olly Moss.
On my phone can't link to the image.

He also does the original posters for the "A Life Well Wasted" podcast episodes by Robert Ashley.

Oh... The old Olly Star Wars posters? lol

I thought maybe this was going to be something about the Righteous Rides show. Now I'm hoping someone did do a Boba Fett/Slave 1 print.

Sushigod7

Oh... The old Olly Star Wars posters? lol

I thought maybe this was going to be something about the Righteous Rides show. Now I'm hoping someone did do a Boba Fett/Slave 1 print.

lol same here I was scrambling looking around like crazy thinking he had something new coming.

Something North of the Wall arrived today.

I also got my Mario Florey and Precious Cargo from a trade last week I can post those if you guys want they will be in the pick up thread though.

ibxZ9u3GHRVhTa.JPG

iCjIrwmF2z08F.JPG

ipZKFkNMWFPrR.JPG

iInq3E7lgaHMC.JPG

rinemy

Banned
I wish the Oblivion print had this artwork, I almost want to get the soundtrack to display that beautiful art.

For 25 bucks its not too bad the splurge on XD

I'll be trying to get one, liked the movie. I think critics were a little hard with it on the ratings because they had to cop out the plot a little.

swoon

Vinyl is up! Got mine. I have a feeling I'll just order whatever LPs that mondo puts out.

it's kinda of annoying because they sell out and still dump them into retail channels.

like deadly spawn is just available now, not to mention drive and poltergeist though at least we knew about those the day after they hit mondo sells.

kaskade

it's kinda of annoying because they sell out and still dump them into retail channels.

like deadly spawn is just available now, not to mention drive and poltergeist though at least we knew about those the day after they hit mondo sells.

I kind of wish they would do what they did with this one. The clear vinyls are online only, so have a special online only edition. Instead of random pink for the Drive it would've been cool to have online pink and retail regular. I think we got the stout artwork exclusively on that one though.

swoon

at the very least they should be more transparent about their retail intentions, but yea some bonus for online orders would be nice

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
they've been very transparent about retail on these.

long and short of it is don't buy these expecting them to be a hyper collectable poster. A few years down the road of mondo vinyl these may have some serious value.

Even then, Oblivion is the first I've purchased since i loved the OST and M83. I think I may end up with a Drive VInyl from retail too but that's not as big a deal

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Nabbed an Oblivion vinyl despite being 5 minutes late, changing my shipping address and inputting the digits for my AmEx gift card. And all on my cell phone while waiting in line at Home Depot on a 1-bar 3G connection.

If only every Mondo drop was this easy.

swoon

they've been very transparent about retail on these.

long and short of it is don't buy these expecting them to be a hyper collectable poster. A few years down the road of mondo vinyl these may have some serious value.

Even then, Oblivion is the first I've purchased since i loved the OST and M83. I think I may end up with a Drive VInyl from retail too but that's not as big a deal

really, where did they say deadly spawn would be a retail release? and did they announce poltergeist before or after it was sold out.

i buy the records because i like the music, not because of some perceived future value. i'd rather not buy directly from mondo when my record store is sitting on 8! copies of deadly spawn at the same price.

Meier

really, where did they say deadly spawn would be a retail release? and did they announce poltergeist before or after it was sold out.

i buy the records because i like the music, not because of some perceived future value. i'd rather not buy directly from mondo when my record store is sitting on 8! copies of deadly spawn at the same price.

Poltergeist was definitely announced in advance of RSD. Info about it was in the blog post that explained the situation with the RSD edition of the Drive soundtrack. I don't know if they sold any online or not? I saw some here locally but wasn't interested.

Waterloo Records still supposedly has some of the RSD Drive release on order so I keep calling every few days. I tried it and End of an Ear (the two local shops that got em) on Saturday but no luck. I saw a number of Deadly Spawn at Waterloo the other day.

Sigma722

They aren't dumping them into retail stores. They have been building their record label since last year, and beginning with this years releases, they have distribution partnerships that allow them to sell them exclusively first, and then later release from record stores.

They talk about how they are releasing more vinyl here:

http://blog.mondotees.com/2013/01/02/2013-a-record-year/

Besides that it was either a tweet, or a random article that said the delay in their releases was them working out the details of distribution, which allows them to make it into stores.

With this release they are moving in the right direction, giving you something guaranteed extra if you order from them. Having the exact same online release as in store releases was kind of silly.

Edit: From what I gather, there is still only one pressing of each vinyl, so once it is out of stores, it probably is really gone. The vinyls are definitely not as limited as some people think. But like you said, the limitedness doesn't matter, just the music.

swoon

They aren't dumping them into retail stores. They have been building their record label since last year, and beginning with this years releases, they have distribution partnerships that allow them to sell them exclusively first, and then later release from record stores.

They talk about how they are releasing more vinyl here:

http://blog.mondotees.com/2013/01/02/2013-a-record-year/

Besides that it was either a tweet, or a random article that said the delay in their releases was them working out the details of distribution, which allows them to make it into stores.

With this release they are moving in the right direction, giving you something guaranteed extra if you order from them. Having the exact same online release as in store releases was kind of silly.

Edit: From what I gather, there is still only one pressing of each vinyl, so once it is out of stores, it probably is really gone. The vinyls are definitely not as limited as some people think. But like you said, the limitedness doesn't matter, just the music.

what is the edition number then? the blog post doesn't mention that all releases are being delivered to traditional retail channels, especially for deadly spawn.

the only tweet/post i remember was regards to drive and it's retail ambitions. it should just be clear the difference in editions, edition number like that do with posters. and their vinyl releases are hopelessly vague.

Sushigod7

It's still up now probably not going to get it though. Not into vinyl really, it does look great. I might grab the soundtrack at some point it sounds amazing from what I've heard. As far as limited discussion goes does it really matter? I never get the complaining about limited edition anything. Yes it is frustrating when it's something you want and can't get because it sells out. But if you got the item and now are complaining because more are available and it's decreasing the value of yours take a leap off a cliff. I'm not directing that at anyone it's just a huge pet peeve of mine. I've heard all the arguments I know why people don't like it I am just of a different mindset I guess. If it's a great thing everyone deserves to own/listen/see it.

Sushigod7

So Englert had another Fringe print in the show it's sold out uhhhhhh. Well someday I'll get that one, I do like Matt Ferguson's Super 8 print might get that.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
So I just got my lotto Stout Drive (portrait). Were these supposed to be signed and/or numbered? Mine has a slash ("/") in the bottom right that looks like a pencil mark but that's it...

So I just got my lotto Stout Drive (portrait). Were these supposed to be signed and/or numbered? Mine has a slash ("/") in the bottom right that looks like a pencil mark but that's it...

Pics?

Could be that it was supposed to be an AP, but stuck to the bottom of the print above it and never got numbered (or signed)

Contact tyler or sarah through their website and they'll sort you out.

But again, pics. I want to see this.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Pics?

Could be that it was supposed to be an AP, but stuck to the bottom of the print above it and never got numbered (or signed)

Contact tyler or sarah through their website and they'll sort you out.

But again, pics. I want to see this.

yxVVTRwl.jpg

Sushigod7

He apologized on the site for being unorganized this lottery maybe they shipped you a damaged one so he didn't sign? Or it's a even more rare copy! lol

http://i.imgur.com/yxVVTRwl.jpg?1[/MG][/QUOTE]

Yeah, it definitely got stuck to another poster when it was being numbered, then they missed it when they packed it up.

I'm sure he'll have you send it back to them and he'll either sign it and send it back, or send you another one they have left.

Honestly you should ask him to # it something special and send you that one back :-)

omgkitty

He completely sent me the wrong print (Drive Cityscape instead of the Drive Portrait). Just email and explain it. Him and Sarah are more than accommodating.

lupinko

The Whalen autobot print I got didn't have the authentication card signed/numbered like my perillo cobra, should I contact acid free gallery?

That stout snafu now makes me think about it.

Kalren

The Whalen autobot print I got didn't have the authentication card signed/numbered like my perillo cobra, should I contact acid free gallery?

That stout snafu now makes me think about it.

I just thought the Autobot print was only signed on the actual print itself. My authentication card was also blank...

lupinko

I emailed acidfreegallery abut it, they said the card wasn't supposed to be signed but I couldn't find Whalen's numbered mark.

That was until I took it out of its frame and well there it was. This thread got me all worried and stuff. Lol

WEGGLES

...Since when are frames sold by the dimensions of the frame itself and not the dimensions of what the frame can hold?

Ordered a 12"x18" print of My Neighbor Totoro.
Bought a 12"x18" frame from Meijer.

Print arrives.. Open frame. Get it ready for the print to go in. Open the print...

Annnnd the print is THE EXACT size of the frame. I figured a 12"x 18" frame means it can hold something 12x18.... so that's just fucking great.

In other news. WTS shitty frame that could hold something that's like 11.5 x 17.5. WTB frame that can hold something that is 12" x 18".

EDIT:

Upon closer inspection the print is like 13x19. So that's great. Ugh ugh ugh ugh.

Meier

Hey guys, my glow in the dark print from Bottleneck came in. I think I recall in the past hearing about how you had to condition them essentially to get them to work fully. Can anyone explain the steps to me if that's accurate?

Upon closer inspection the print is like 13x19. So that's great. Ugh ugh ugh ugh.

Yeah, it's unfortunate but many of these art prints are wonky sizes and require custom frames.

Sushigod7

Hey guys, my glow in the dark print from Bottleneck came in. I think I recall in the past hearing about how you had to condition them essentially to get them to work fully. Can anyone explain the steps to me if that's accurate?

I'd love to hear this as well I have a GID Club Nintendo poster that seems fine in my normal frame but it's a cheap poster not a nice screen print.

IronRinn

I always thought you just charged them up with a blacklight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom