• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had it waiting to finalize the checkout and then it said sold out. I'm tired of Mondo's bullcrap :( If I lived in Austin, I wouldn't have to deal with this mess,lol

Meier

I had it waiting to finalize the checkout and then it said sold out. I'm tired of Mondo's bullcrap :( If I lived in Austin, I wouldn't have to deal with this mess,lol

Sadly you would. The only time we don't have to is gallery showings but then you just get tons of crazies flying in for them or instead you wait for hours in line outside.

'Grats to those who nabbed one today!

kaskade

It was taking so long for me to process I was sure it wasn't going to go through on time. I'm really surprised I made it for this one.

Omie

After not getting the Ansin drop I realized this...

ZBF8j8L.jpg

Meier

Wow about 50 are already up on eBay well over $100 this is going to be a expensive print.

Given how sexy it is (assuming you're referencing the Ansin), I'm surprised the starting price isn't $200. It's one of the better Mondo releases in awhile IMO.

kaskade

Wow about 50 are already up on eBay well over $100 this is going to be a expensive print.

Wow, that's depressing though. I got one because I actually really wanted it. It's really a shame to have these people flipping them just for money and makes it more expensive for the people who want the art.

Sushigod7

Given how sexy it is (assuming you're referencing the Ansin), I'm surprised the starting price isn't $200. It's one of the better Mondo releases in awhile IMO.

I was talking about the frame jobs in the post but Iron Man is sexy as hell and agree one of the better ones this year. I'm a big fan of the movies and bummed out I missed it but hey I'll survive. I still have my G&P club prints coming!

Totally missed this drop. It was my co-worker who reminded me in a roundabout way.

Shame as I was looking at only the regular Ansin & armors one...

Oh well.

lupinko

After finally seeing Drive I'm glad I bought the vinyl, think they'll ever sell the poster again? Looks great.

The two Stout posters for Drive (the ones you see on the Mondo vinyl) were only sold via the artist's own lottery, which happened already. I got mine via said lottery, the only way to get them now is through the aftermarket, so the unspeakable beast known as ebay.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
The two Stout posters for Drive (the ones you see on the Mondo vinyl) were only sold via the artist's own lottery, which happened already. I got mine via said lottery, the only way to get them now is through the aftermarket, so the unspeakable beast known as ebay.

Damn. Well at least I got the vinyl album. Although it's just sitting on a shelf. :p

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trk...4.TRC1&_nkw=ansin+iron+man&_sacat=0&_from=R40

You weren't kidding, and lol a variant Avengers stout popping up in that search.

This bother anyone else? Limited run and someone just buys a bunch of them ASAP and resells them. Kinda shitty. One or two on Ebay? Sure. 25? No wonder they sold out so quick.

Zozobra

This bother anyone else? Limited run and someone just buys a bunch of them ASAP and resells them. Kinda shitty. One or two on Ebay? Sure. 25? No wonder they sold out so quick.

If that kind of thing bothers you, you should probably get out of the print collecting game and save yourself the mental anguish. Far too many shitty people only in it for the money.

Trasher

Dammit. Skipped buying The Thing poster last night. Was hoping to score an Ansin today instead because I would have rather hung up that one on my wall. Oh well. :(

At least I got this back from the framers yesterday:

QiMwws2.jpg

Was really happy with how it turned out. Only took me over half a year to finally get it framed! Looks way better in person. Sorry about the shitty phone picture. Was in a rush and didn't have time to take a proper photo.

Meier

Dammit. Skipped buying The Thing poster last night. Was hoping to score an Ansin today instead because I would have rather hung up that one on my wall. Oh well. :(

http://i.imgur.com/QiMwws2.jpg?1[IMG]

Was really happy with how it turned out. Only took me over half a year to finally get it framed! Looks way better in person. Sorry about the shitty phone picture. Was in a rush and didn't have time to take a proper photo.[/QUOTE]

Lovely! The double matte was totally worth it. That is one of their best ever releases.. Ken Taylor is awesome.

Trasher

Lovely! The double matte was totally worth it. That is one of their best ever releases.. Ken Taylor is awesome.

I actually triple matted it. Black/red(shows white when it's cut)/silver. The silver is a nice touch next to the silver metallic inks on the poster. I'll take a better/closer picture when I get home today.

QiMwws2.jpg

Was really happy with how it turned out. Only took me over half a year to finally get it framed! Looks way better in person. Sorry about the shitty phone picture. Was in a rush and didn't have time to take a proper photo.

It looks great! I understand the feeling, I actually freed up my entire morning to get that print :/ It is what it is...

What kind of printer did you go to? I have the regular Scarface print coming in (whenever Mondo sends it) and going to get the print framed as well. I just started buying prints and the wife and I agreed that whatever expensive print we get, we have to get framed.

Trasher

It looks great! I understand the feeling, I actually freed up my entire morning to get that print :/ It is what it is...

What kind of printer did you go to? I have the regular Scarface print coming in (whenever Mondo sends it) and going to get the print framed as well. I just started buying prints and the wife and I agreed that whatever expensive print we get, we have to get framed.

There's an Aaron Brothers right down the road from me where I usually get standard sized frames from. Decided to let them have a shot at doing the custom frame for this Halloween. I also just dropped off my Horkey to get framed there as well.

Sushigod7

Yeah it's always bothered me but nothing we can do about it. There are around 70 prints now up on eBay so around 20% went directly to aftermarket. But it's like this with any collectible games, movies, figures etc. People always see the quick buck when in reality after all the fees, gas, time involved they don't make that much. Well unless your the one selling Akira Stout or that Stout Star Wars Triology then you might profit a lot.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Out of curiosity, how much does it cost you guys to get these professionally framed with matting? I'm afraid to ask, but they look fantastic when you do.

I just have solid black Target frames for my prints right now...

lupinko

Out of curiosity, how much does it cost you guys to get these professionally framed with matting? I'm afraid to ask, but they look fantastic when you do.

I don't have the budget for professional frames, I just buy my frames from Michaels.

Trasher

My Halloween was 300 (20x36). My Canus Dirus was 350 (22x39). These were both done with a 50% coupon off of custom framing. Aaron Brothers always has that deal though I'm pretty sure. You just print the thing off the website.

Only reason I professionally framed these was because they were awkward sizes that you don't normally see stock frames for. All of my other posters are framed in pretty basic frames. I prefer the Steinbeck Thins from Aaron Brothers.

suplex

Somehow managed to get an ansin reg through my phone. First time I was able to score a highly sought after mondo print through my phone, usually I don't even come close.

Trasher

Somehow managed to get an ansin reg through my phone. First time I was able to score a highly sought after mondo print through my phone, usually I don't even come close.

Nice! I went for the variant. Was on my phone as well sadly. I don't think I've ever gotten one on my phone now that I think of it...and I'ved tried quite a few times.

Weird, I thought it was just me. For some reason all the bottleneck newsletters go to my spam as well. I even mark it as not spam every time. Not sure why it does that.

Trasher

Went to the HCG show tonight. Got a handful of things (two of them for Captain Blood!). Got the #97/100 Drake Akira. Just barely haha! Also am entered into a contest for one of the metal ones...they look so good in person.

Went to the HCG show tonight. Got a handful of things (two of them for Captain Blood!). Got the #97/100 Drake Akira. Just barely haha! Also am entered into a contest for one of the metal ones...they look so good in person.

Much appreciated bud. Nice pick up on the Akira!!

kaskade

I don't have the budget for professional frames, I just buy my frames from Michaels.

I think the biggest thing people stress with the professional frames is the UV glass. I've bought cheaper frames from AC Moore and ordered just the UV Protections. Acid free backing and mats are important as well for longevity.

Urgh. I'm about to buy the AP Print of Taxi Driver for $300. Is that too much? I know new it was $225. My wife and I love the print and plan on getting it officially framed too.

*edit* I meant to say:
Urgh. I'm about to buy the AP Print of Taxi Driver for $300. Is that too much? I know when it was new, it was $225. My wife and I love the print and plan on getting it professionally framed too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom