• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sushigod7

Urgh. I'm about to buy the AP Print of Taxi Driver for $300. Is that too much? I know new it was $225. My wife and I love the print and plan on getting it officially framed too.

Price is all in the value to you guys, if your that big of fans then yeah I'd say so. Some guys here have spent a lot more. The most I've spent is about $230 but it was for one of my favorite movies so it was worth it to me.

edit: Well missed Drake's print on Hero Gallery just now they had a few left, this is not my week for prints I made it all the way through paypal check out and it kicked me out. Ughhhhh excuse me while I go pour another drink.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Urgh. I'm about to buy the AP Print of Taxi Driver for $300. Is that too much? I know new it was $225. My wife and I love the print and plan on getting it officially framed too.

*edit* I meant to say:
Urgh. I'm about to buy the AP Print of Taxi Driver for $300. Is that too much? I know when it was new, it was $225. My wife and I love the print and plan on getting it professionally framed too.

300 shipped? On ebay. That's not bad. If it's via ebay, the seller is losting 35 to fees. They actually paid 240 to P&T. and 15 to ship to you... so uh, they are making 10 bucks?

If it's off ebay, it's still a good deal, actually 40 dollar markup after shipping to/from on THAT print isn't a big deal at all.

300 shipped? On ebay. That's not bad. If it's via ebay, the seller is losting 35 to fees. They actually paid 240 to P&T. and 15 to ship to you... so uh, they are making 10 bucks?

If it's off ebay, it's still a good deal, actually 40 dollar markup after shipping to/from on THAT print isn't a big deal at all.

In the end, it was $309.99. It's a beautiful print and will look great in our den :) Now to find a framer that I can trust to leave the print to. I'm kindof nervous to leave it at Michael's or Hobby Lobby.

*edit*
jstevenson, it is from eBay. Thanks for making me feel alittle more comfortable about buying it.

So just purchased the variant and normal prints of "Where to kid" from the righteous rides exhibit(online purchase). I'm surprised it's still available
, ... but not surprised that Kaneda was sold out

Stop slacking PrintGaf
http://www.herocomplexgallery.com/collections/righteous/products/where-to-kid-by-jp-valderrama-35-00
tease1.jpg

tease2.jpg

Trasher

So just purchased the variant and normal prints of "Where to kid" from the righteous rides exhibit(online purchase). I'm surprised it's still available
, ... but not surprised that Kaneda was sold out

Stop slacking PrintGaf
http://www.herocomplexgallery.com/collections/righteous/products/where-to-kid-by-jp-valderrama-35-00

That was the other print I got for myself. I love the detail on Optimus.

I got #2, and #1 was in the frame obviously, so I may have been the only one there last night that actually bought one haha. All the prints seemed to be selling in order. I'm actually not sure how that generally works at these shows since this was only like the second one I have bought stuff from.

Meier

*edit* I meant to say:
Urgh. I'm about to buy the AP Print of Taxi Driver for $300. Is that too much? I know when it was new, it was $225. My wife and I love the print and plan on getting it professionally framed too.

I'd say that's a pretty decent price. You might be able to get it lower if you waited but it probably will never drop that far below $200. If your wife is on board, that's more than half the battle.

Edit: Looks like you already did it!

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I'd say that's a pretty decent price. You might be able to get it lower if you waited but it probably will never drop that far below $200. If your wife is on board, that's more than half the battle.

Edit: Looks like you already did it!

I don't think you'll see it below 250 ever again, but that's me

Trasher

Is anyone else still waiting on their GoT stuff to ship from Mondo? Mine's been sitting at processing for a week or two now.

Which one?

I know for a fact that Harbinger, The Wall, and The Iron Throne ones have shipped. And last I saw the Canus Dirus ones appeared to be processing and maybe even shipping last week. My Iron Throne was delivered last week.

Risible

After not getting the Ansin drop I realized this...

ZBF8j8L.jpg

That was me in a nutshell. I still follow the scene a bit in case something super amazing drops that I need to have, but I came to the realization that I could never hang everything I had and that I was collecting solely for the sake of collecting :(.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Which one?

I know for a fact that Harbinger, The Wall, and The Iron Throne ones have shipped. And last I saw the Canus Dirus ones appeared to be processing and maybe even shipping last week. My Iron Throne was delivered last week.

yeah, combined Harbinger / Wall orders haven't shipped. They ship this week, apparently.

Ah, it must be combined orders then. I've got House of the Undying and Harbinger shipping together.

Meier

They just tweeted the following:

Mondo Austin ‏@MondoGallery 14m
Shipping update time: We are finishing up with the last of the single G.O.T. orders early this week and will then move on to combined orders

Posters from the Taylor/Tyler show will be next, followed by WonderCon prints, Repo Man and on down the line.

Promise we'll catch up soon. Thanks as always for everyone's continued patience.

5/8/2013:

Stargate by Todd Slater

stargate_todd_slater_skuzzles_product_image_1.jpg

Price $45
Size 24" x 36" featuring 8 colors (4 metallic inks & a varnish star chart layer)
Edition size of 165
Printing by DL Screenprinting
Artwork by Todd Slater
Printed on thick white paper

How to buy online: http://www.skuzzles.com/ @ 12 PM EST

Stargate Variant Holographic Paper Edition by Todd Slater

Stargate_Todd_Slater_Skuzzles_Variant_3.jpg

Price $65
Size 24" x 36" featuring 8 colors (4 metallic inks & a varnish star chart layer)
Edition size of 75
Printing by DL Screenprinting
Artwork by Todd Slater
Printed on thick Holographic Paper

How to buy online: http://www.skuzzles.com/ @ 12 PM EST

WEGGLES

Ugh that sucks. I got a crack in the glass on one of my prints.. how expensive is it to order a pain of glass like that? I assume you were doing the framing on your own?
Ordered the frames online. Absolutely abysmal packing job. Just terrible.... One sheet of bubble wrap and it was loose in the box. Come on.....

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Ordered the frames online. Absolutely abysmal packing job. Just terrible.... One sheet of bubble wrap and it was loose in the box. Come on.....

Where'd you order from? I typically don't order my glass online but the online framing places usually mentioned in this thread have been good about it so far.

Sushigod7

Yup had a similar experiences with Amazon, shattered the glass hardly any protection. Of course sometimes it wouldn't matter the people at UPS or USPS distribution centers don't give a shit about your package either.

Trasher

They'll ship glass for smaller sizes.

Ah okay.

Yeah, the packaging wasn't all that great on mine either. A couple dings on the actual frame here and there. I mean you kinda get what you pay for though. I sort of view them just as placeholders or use them for prints that aren't super dear to my heart haha.

Also, my Bran Mondo poster just shipped!

rinemy

Banned
So what do you guys think Mondo has in-store for us?
This week: Texas Frightmare Drops?
Next week: Star Trek Into Darkness? (I hope)

Sigma722

I'd like for them to take a 100% break and play catch-up for a while. Any and all hype that I may have had for the prints that I'm waiting on is completely gone. Even had I remembered about the Ansin drop, I might have not done it considering their shipping times are so absurd right now.

Speaking of, if anyone wants a Taylor Harbinger Reg or Horkey Canus Dirus for cost, shoot me a PM.

Edit: But to answer your question. Yes. I think Frightmare left overs is a safe bet. I'm not sure about Star Trek since Bad Robot just had that show, but maybe they don't mind giving the licences to more than one gallery.

5/8/2013:

Iron Man 3 -- The Armory Artist Proof Edition by Phantom City Creative

93e95ea135118d97a8681284_533x800.jpg

24" x 36" Signed AP edition of 37 (separate of Mondo's edition). Glow in the dark inks. Printed by D&L Screen Printing. $85.

How to buy online: http://phantomcitycreative.bigcartel.com/ between 2-3 PM EST.

The Lost Boys Screening Exclusive Artist Proof Edition by Phantom City Creative

tlbpccflyingarchive_thumb.JPG

24" x 36" Signed/Numbered Artist Proof Edition. Printing by D&L Screen Printing. $65

How to buy online: http://phantomcitycreative.bigcartel.com/ between 2-3 PM EST.

The Lost Boys Artist Proof Edition by Phantom City Creative

tlbpccredarchive_thumb.JPG

18"x24"" Signed/Numbered Artist Proof Edition. Printing by D&L Screen Printing. $40

The Lost Boys Variant Artist Proof Edition by Phantom City Creative

tlbpcccreamarchive_thumb.JPG

18"x24"" Signed/Numbered Artist Proof Edition. Printing by D&L Screen Printing. $55

I wish they didn't have the giant signature on the back...probably would have tried to pick one up.

I picked one up and then noticed the huge signature on the back. Reminds me of Ed Hardy shirts but whatever, i usually wear hoodies

Just noticed i became a member, sweet. It only took two years

Riptwo

Not a huge fan of his but this is kind of neat for those who do order something:

"Also, 10 random orders will receive a free IRON MAN 3 litho, produced for the midnight IMAX screenings in collaboration with MARVEL STUDIOS, MONDO and IMAX."
I'm hoping that I get in on the litho from my GoT order. They weren't handing these out in any Canadian province other than Quebec at the 12:01 IMAX showings!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom