• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

omgkitty

There's some dude on EB who has posted like 1000 times in the span of a month that would care I bet.

Speaking of EB, I just saw this posted in a thread over there:

file.php

Whalen's style is perfect for Voltron.

You're talking about OtomoChaser haha

That Whalen is fucking awesome!

Sushigod7

Not sure if anyone cares about this print, but I thought it was cool.....

8737273108_41c6d22aa7_c.jpg

8735825185_0cf906af8d_c.jpg

8736945298_a723372341_c.jpg

8736945940_104e9b6ca1_c.jpg

My god man of course we care that print is awesome, glad you finally got it. I would love to get one but that entry fee is steep. This and Totoro Moss are my most wanted, I've already started selling some figures in hopes I can raise enough to get one of them. Congrats!

omgkitty

haha yes you did I'm sure

To be fair, I paid way under the aftermarket price for it. If you can see in the first two pictures, a slight sliver at the top of the print is missing in several spots. Of course this can all be framed out, so I feel like I got a better deal and saved myself about $300 in the process. It was actually cheaper than my Moss Totoro variant.

Sigma722

In other news, I just put in the most ridiculous offer on a set of prints ever. Pretty much confirmed that I'm fucking crazy, and have a problem. Assuming he accepts, I won't be probably ever spending this much on a print (even though technically per print it would be less than my Akira), or probably even dabbling in the after market again.

omgkitty

Congrats! That's a classic poster. What kind of framing job are you going to give it?

I'm hoping to give it the royal treatment. Unfortunately that costs a lot of money, so it will probably be a little bit before I do anything. I'm probably looking at $300 to $400 for framing alone.

omgkitty

In other news, I just put in the most ridiculous offer on a set of prints ever. Pretty much confirmed that I'm fucking crazy, and have a problem. Assuming he accepts, I won't be probably ever spending this much on a print (even though technically per print it would be less than my Akira), or probably even dabbling in the after market again.

I know what you're talking about, and I have to be honest in saying I think the regular is so much better than the variant, but of course it's your money.

Meier

There's some dude on EB who has posted like 1000 times in the span of a month that would care I bet.

Speaking of EB, I just saw this posted in a thread over there:

http://forum.expressobeans.com/download/file.php?id=53575[IMG]

Whalen's style is perfect for Voltron.[/QUOTE]

Looks like he maybe was inspired by Perry Bible Fellowship for the way to present the faces/heads. I've never actually seen Voltron though.

[IMG]http://pbfcomics.com/archive_b/PBF186-Guntron_Alliance_Force.jpg

Love, love the Akira print.

Trasher

Looks like he maybe was inspired by Perry Bible Fellowship for the way to present the faces/heads. I've never actually seen Voltron though.

lol

No, that's actually what the show looks like. Hence why the PBF comic is funny.

Are you trolling me?

Meier

lol

No, that's actually what the show looks like. Hence why the PBF comic is funny.

Are you trolling me?

Nope, wasn't trolling. I knew that was obviously the primary inspiration for the PBF comic but I wasn't sure if the heads were presented in the same manner. :)

To be fair, I paid way under the aftermarket price for it. If you can see in the first two pictures, a slight sliver at the top of the print is missing in several spots. Of course this can all be framed out, so I feel like I got a better deal and saved myself about $300 in the process. It was actually cheaper than my Moss Totoro variant.

Congrats kitty. That print is one of my favorite Moss prints ever. Sadly, I know I will never pony up the money to buy it, lol. I'm saving up for some next gen gaming and some Bowers and Wilkins 683B's (which may require me to get a new receiver). That print alone would cost atleast half of this stuff :/ lol

TJ Bennett

TJ Hooker
I'm hoping to give it the royal treatment. Unfortunately that costs a lot of money, so it will probably be a little bit before I do anything. I'm probably looking at $300 to $400 for framing alone.

It's well worth it. I spent $500 on framing my Frankenstein #1 and I'm thrilled with how it turned out.

Frankenstein_1.jpg

Frankenstein_2.jpg

Meier

It's well worth it. I spent $500 on framing my Frankenstein #1 and I'm thrilled with how it turned out.

http://s13.postimg.org/fua2yox6v/Frankenstein_1.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://s13.postimg.org/nbjadwmpz/Frankenstein_2.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

WOW! That print is absolutely stunning and to get #1.. incredible! The framing is perfection. Congrats.

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus...

:clapping:

Trasher

If anyone wants that #1 Frankie let me know. I can cut you a better deal than Bennett.

Also, if you are super jealous of Bennett and want to take out your anger, I am also offering vandalizing services where I would take a picture of whatever foul act you want done to his print.

Just PM any requests you have.

Sushigod7

Now I'm officially jealous of your collection.

Jarnet87

Akira print is great stuff.

Voltron one is amazing, loved the show growing up. Did they say how much that print was going for/went for ?

Edit: just saw it was a Phildelphia Comic Con exclusive. I may try and grab one on Ebay if the price isn't insane.

http://s13.postimg.org/fua2yox6v/Frankenstein_1.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://s13.postimg.org/nbjadwmpz/Frankenstein_2.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I've been waiting for you to drop that bomb in here haha.

IronRinn

More stuff for the Philadelphia Comic Con from AcidFree Gallery:

wizardworld_2263_56688266

Soundwave by Laurent Durieux
24" x 36"
Limited to 275
$65.00

wizardworld_2263_57483050

Dinobots by Kevin Tong
36" x 24"
Limited to 175
$65.00

wizardworld_2263_56134014

Voltron by Tom Whalen
18" x 24"
Limited to 300
$50.00

wizardworld_2263_57814127

Starscream by Jesse Phillips
18" x 24"
Limited to 100
$50.00

This thing is really shiny and thus, difficult to take good pictures of. Ignore my blue shorts in the first picture :)

TrRMo31.jpg

awckWEq.jpg

I'll be back in about a week with another surprise.

Sushigod7

Wait what? You got that in metal as well, damn man well played! Nice pick up, next thing you'll be post that Drake Akira Metal as well.

Zozobra

Got a mail that the Ortiz Army of Darkness APs will be on sale tomorrow after noon CST here.

Also, I don't know if this is anyone's thing, but seems like a pretty sweet deal if you like Bernie Wrightson's art - Frankenstein Print Subscription

I love the guy's work, but I don't know if I need six Frankenstein prints, haha.

suplex

I need that Horkey, but my chances on the phone are ugh to nope, even though I did score IM3 through the phone.

Hope I can get a PB, or else it's gonna be aftermarket city!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom