• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to the wrong theater, got some shitty ass STID mini poster instead of that one :(

They had those too at my theater but yeah, it was exclusive only to the official sneak peek (8pm for us on true IMAX) as well as midnight.

Sorry that you got the crappy mini.

Riptwo

re: The Daft Punk show at Gauntlet Gallery. I sent Gauntlet Gallery a message on Twitter asking about online availability of their Daft Punk prints, and they told me that their online store is opening this Sunday at noon (in San Francisco, I assume). Here's hoping I can get a copy of the Drake print!

Sushigod7

re: The Daft Punk show at Gauntlet Gallery. I sent Gauntlet Gallery a message on Twitter asking about online availability of their Daft Punk prints, and they told me that their online store is opening this Sunday at noon (in San Francisco, I assume). Here's hoping I can get a copy of the Drake print!

Thanks for the heads up might try and grab that as well depending on the physical size.

rinemy

Banned
World's Best Boss is up.
Although going to pass. As what some discussed, this would've been great at the end of Season 7 but not now.

How do I know if I got it How do I know if I got it I got an invoice no email or anything how help help help help

EDIT: I got an email confirmation, but in my account info the order is listed as
Status
New [LOTS OF SPACE] reorder

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN HALP

Meier

How do I know if I got it How do I know if I got it I got an invoice no email or anything how help help help help

On the off chance you didn't, I doubt the re-sale will be that high. Can't imagine that print will go for over $100 for any period of time.

It's rare for Mondo to do an oversell though, so if you got through on the webpage and saw any sort of confirmation, there's a 99.9% chance you're good. The emails can be slow sometimes.

Thanks guys!!

Right now it's the "reorder" in my Account info 'Recent Orders' that concerns me.

But I did get an email so I'm guessing/hoping/praying i got it

Thanks guys!!

Right now it's the "reorder" in my Account info 'Recent Orders' that concerns me.

But I did get an email so I'm guessing/hoping/praying i got it

You should be good dude, I've never missed and gotten an email of any kind. If you were ready at the drop there seemed to be ample time before sell out. Congrats!!!

rinemy

Banned
=/ The Raid vinyl.

The soundtrack will be available on black vinyl, along with randomly inserted copies of smokey grey vinyl.

So the copy I get from Mondo has a good chance to be exactly like the ones sold in store?

omgkitty

A Ray Harryhausen Memorial screening of Jason and the Argonauts hosted by Justin Ishmael of Mondo. Not sure if there's a poster but it's very likely: http://drafthouse.com/movies/ray_harryhausen_memorial_jason_and_the_argonauts/austin

Direct link to tix: https://tix.drafthouse.com/visInter...tSessionId=9399&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

I don't think it is likely. His death was last week. No way they'd have a print in two weeks ready to go for this and printed.

I don't think it is likely. His death was last week. No way they'd have a print in two weeks ready to go for this and printed.

You're right.
Just FYI, we won't have posters for sale, but I'll bring some Harryhausen stuff from my collection to give away. It'll be a fun night.

But Kevin Tong's Edgar Wright Triple feature was done pretty quick, IIRC. I think it was less than 2 weeks.

My first Martin Ansin print finally came! It was a long wait (the post office had it in limbo for several days) but I finally got it!

wwRFG6Yl.jpg

It's one of the AP of the Taxi Print. I got the 49th out of 55.

1nQljh6l.jpg

We are checking in with a few framing shops today to get a quotes.

(Sorry for the crappy iPhone pictures)

omgkitty

My first Martin Ansin print finally came! It was a long wait (the post office had it in limbo for several days) but I finally got it!

wwRFG6Yl.jpg

1nQljh6l.jpg

It really is one of Ansin's best, and that is saying a lot.

lupinko

wwRFG6Yl.jpg

1nQljh6l.jpg

Worth every penny imo.

Thanks lupinko and Kitty! I know I mentioned it a few weeks ago but I was able to get it for $309, shipping included. It was one of the only Ansin prints both my wife and I loved. I bought it right after I lost out on the Iron Man print. So glad I lost it :)

5/17/2013:

There Will Be Blood By Aaron Horkey

4202e2f5695bb81225078e1e_249x532.jpg

Poster by Aaron Horkey. 18.25"x39" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 435. Printed by Burlesque of North America. $65

YOU CAN ONLY BUY THE REG OR THE VARIANT.

How to buy online: http://mondotees.com/view_category.asp?cat=12 @ a random time.

There Will Be Blood Variant Edition By Aaron Horkey

82830601232ff7ecea1c32c5_249x532.jpg

Poster by Aaron Horkey. 18.25"x39" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 200. Printed by Burlesque of North America. $125

YOU CAN ONLY BUY THE REG OR THE VARIANT.

How to buy online: http://mondotees.com/view_category.asp?cat=12 @ a random time.

IronRinn

Well, it's good to see that they're limiting customers to one print, but the title is probably apt for what will go down tomorrow.

WEGGLES

Not even going to try.

I want it so badly but don't have space or $$$ for it. I could possibly sell one of the posters I've yet to frame and put that up instead but.... Nahhhh. I'm happy with what I've got.

It's a gorgeous print though.

Meier

Holy Moses the There Will Be Blood variant is excellent! My one complaint with Horkey is it's so difficult to read the script he uses. Much easier to actually tell what it says with the variant's color differences.

Edit: Seeing the real world pictures, the original isn't too bad either in that regard. The image on the Mondo blog post makes it look almost unintelligible.

Sushigod7

I have to try to get it the details are mind blowing. If I can't get it I think I'll pick up a Craig Drake or two to drown my sorrow. lol I'm going to buy them anyway what am I saying.

Prints #5 and #6 now on-sale until Sunday night.

Game & Print Club Print #5: Last Stand by Steven Hughes ( http://stevenhugh.es/ )

laststandforweb_zpsb5611cf9.jpg

You must meet at least 1 of the following 3 requirements:

A. Own at least 1 game in the Punch Out series. 
B. Own a Wii U console.
C. Own a 3DS handheld.

(If you've provided proof via option B or C in a prior order you do not need to do provide any proof this time around as it has been recorded and noted.)

Size: 10"x8" (borderless)
Printing Technique: Giclee
Paper: Smooth, Fine Art, Moab Entrada Rag Natural 290 gsm, 21.5 mil, archival
Printed by: Giclee Today
Final Edition Size: Timed, pre-requisite restricted limited-edition, TBD. Hand-Numbered and embossed.
Price: $17.00 + shipping
Sale Period: May 16, 2013 at 6 PM PAC - May 19, 2013  at 11:59 PM PAC

How to buy online: https://www.facebook.com/gameandprint starting from 6 PM on 5/16/13

Game & Print Club Print #6: The Daughter of the Chozo (Early Adopter's Variant Edition) by Chris Koehler ( http://chriskoehler.com/ )

final_color1111111_zps58b30ff9.jpg

Early-Adopters Pre-Requisite: You must own a digital copy of the Wii-U Virtual Console version of Super Metroid on the Wii-U.

Provide proof via a photo of the virtual console version of Super Metroid running on your Wii-U gamepad. Submit your proof in the "Note to Seller" section during the PayPal checkout process.

Size: 10"x8"
Printing Technique: Giclee
Paper: Smooth, Fine Art, Moab Entrada Rag Natural 290 gsm, 21.5 mil, archival
Printed by: Giclee Today
Final Edition Size: Timed, limited-edition, TBD. Hand-Numbered.
Price: $17.00 + shipping
Sale Period: May 16, 2013 at 6 PM PAC - May 19, 2013 at 11:59 PM PAC

How to buy online: https://www.facebook.com/gameandprint starting from 6 PM on 5/16/13

WEGGLES

Around 11AM - 1PM EST is the most likely drop time.

They'll rarely either drop early in the morning or late in the afternoon, but those aren't too frequent.

Faaaaaack

I have class til noon, you watch 12:01 after I head home or some shit it goes up.

EDIT: I have class till 11am.

Hmm.

Do I wait at the school til it drops? Or do I bike home VERY quickly to wait for it? Arg.

Takes about 15 mins to get home total...

WEGGLES

fuck.

The checkout page won't load canadian provinces

Wow. Missed it because of that. For fuck sakes.

What a piece of shit. Fuck. It was in my cart. I was checking out, and that's what got me. Fuck sakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom