• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
$500 on framing for a $100 poster. Whaaaa.

I'd like to do some decent framing on some of mine, but I'd rather not spend over twice the poster's worth doing so.

Also I'm angry I missed that Drive poster.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Watch me get banned for showing dat booty.

5/15/2013:

Boogie Nights by Rockin' Jelly Bean

0c3eb2f72aa842bda750bd05_532x800.jpg

Poster by Rockin' Jelly Bean. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 335. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $50

How to buy online: http://mondotees.com/view_category.asp?cat=12 @ a random time.

Trasher

The Mondo thread on EB is even dumber than usual today. That Horkey is making people crazy.

That thread is pretty terrible haha. I liked it the other day when people were saying that if you don't hang up a print then you don't deserve to own it. And then Tyler Stout popped in and said a little piece of him dies every time he hears that one of his prints is just sitting in a flatfile.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
That thread is pretty terrible haha. I liked it the other day when people were saying that if you don't hang up a print then you don't deserve to own it. And then Tyler Stout popped in and said a little piece of him dies every time he hears that one of his prints is just sitting in a flatfile.

Well shit, I don't have walls (any, period) to hang things up on right now. My framing backlog is a few dozen deep now. Even then, I doubt whatever place I end up moving in to will have enough wall space for me to hang them all up without looking like a madman.

I don't doubt I'll be buying more either. I've got at least a dozen ISOs on EB I'd like to track down someday. I mean, I've even got a full set of Mockingbird's Game & Print Club prints going, and I'm likely to keep that going this month.

Edit: I don't even have a proper flat file yet! The smaller prints are stored flat in a portfolio, and the larger ones are in mylar sleeves underneath a heavy carpet at my parents' house until I move.

I'm obviously some sort of monster.

Sushigod7

Anyone live in San Francisco? Gauntlet Gallery Daft Punk show opening May 18th this beauty will be in attendance.

ibiWslHH8RxuxU.jpg

Not quoted for beauty.

IronRinn

Still not going for it, but the actual colors on that Boogie Nights poster are crazy, and way different than the image in the email:

BN-blog8.jpg

Edit: Damn, that went fast.

Sigma722

I think it is easily the second coolest this week behind horkey. I just skipped it because I still haven't seen the movie, and I don't think a butt on the wall would fly with the wife.

Ok so I really don't think I stand a chance to get a poster for a reasonable price like, ever (not in the US, no twitter mobile notifications over here, at work without the ability to spam F5, slow connection) but I'd really like to try my luck on friday anyway.

So... I need help with a couple of things :

1) What's the window for the @randomtime ? Midnight to midnight ?
2) In which time zone ?
3) Is there a way to get email notification from a specific twitter account since I can't have phone/text notifications ? I don't see anything of the sort on the twitter settints but I can't imagine there's no workaround...
4) What's the fastest way to checkout ? CC or paypal ?

Thanks a lot for slightly increasing my almost nonexistent chances !

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Ok so I really don't think I stand a chance to get a poster for a reasonable price like, ever (not in the US, no twitter mobile notifications over here, at work without the ability to spam F5, slow connection) but I'd really like to try my luck on friday anyway.

2) In which time zone ?
3) Is there a way to get email notification from a specific twitter account since I can't have phone/text notifications ? I don't see anything of the sort on the twitter settints but I can't imagine there's no workaround...

They usually drop around 11AM - 1PM EST.

It seems like this program might work for tweet-to-email notifications, although I haven't used it.

I haven't used Paypal, but using my CC works pretty well. Your best bet is to use Chrome (I don't know if Firefox / IE / Safari have a similar feature) and use the autofill feature. This'll make getting through the checkout process way faster. I'm pretty sure the only thing you need to type in if you're using autofill is the three digit code on the back of your CC. At that point it all comes down to getting lucky with the site working.

rinemy

Banned

2) In which time zone ?

1) Usually drop happens around
8am PST to 10am PST
11am EST to 1pm EST
2) If you wait for a notification on twitter etc, you are so out of luck. You need to sit and keep refreshing during the 2 hour period.
3) If you have chrome you can get a twitter addon that has a popup on the bottom right corner of your browser whenever a new tweet is made.
4) CC, copy/paste your credit card number. Fill in the exp date and the verification code. Make sure you made an account before hand so you can fill out shipping information beforehand.

I think it is easily the second coolest this week behind horkey. I just skipped it because I still haven't seen the movie, and I don't think a butt on the wall would fly with the wife.

Agreed. Maybe, Maybe I can halfway explain the butt in the air but after I have to explain who this character is, then it will be my butt in the air and out the house, lol

I know a lot of people (on EB anyways) seemed to dislike it, but I think it's fantastic. I'm also hugely into GoT though...so there's that too lol.

E0kb4bg.jpg

5uQz14D.jpg

Trasher, the framing you did to this GoT print really makes the piece shine. How much did it cost you to get it done? My Taxi Driver print should be here soon and I'm looking into getting a custom frame for it :)

Can't wait to frame this:

0810814A-E974-4C85-A625-DBB1AFF98B58-2316-000001BED0BE6334_zps3773a7fb.jpg

I <3 the glow in the dark portion... Will go nicely with my Rhys Cooper print (man does the scream work even better knowing the full context of it...)

Trasher

Hey now that's sexy

Those all look great. Canus Dirus seems like it looks way better framed than it does online.

Thanks! Yeah, this print looks incredibly good in person (pretty cliche thing to say about posters, I know). The blue clouds and the metallic silver ink on the wolf look awesome in good lighting.

Incredible. They all look so coordinated and lovely. Very nicely done.

That Englert Office piece is a nice tribute but exceedingly esoteric.

That's my nice corner. The other corner in my room is kind of all over the place.

It's pretty funny actually: I have three prints all next to each other that contain red leaves in them (Bran, Horkey, and Halloween). An unintentional theme haha.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of that Office print. Englert has had a pretty good run lately though.

Trasher, the framing you did to this GoT print really makes the piece shine. How much did it cost you to get it done? My Taxi Driver print should be here soon and I'm looking into getting a custom frame for it :)

I paid 300 at Aaron Brothers (that's with using the 50% coupon you can print off their website at all times). Also paid the same for my Halloween a few weeks ago (used the same frame). The Horkey was a bit bigger so it was just a tad more, but not that much. It had two mattes whereas Halloween had three so that's why they were nearly identical in price. I just used their normal UV glass as well (they initially charged me for the fancy museum glass, but I opted out since it was an extra $100). Maybe if I was getting a Stout Akira or a metal I would have gone for the nicer options. Or an Ansin Taxi Driver! :)

Also, here's a couple pictures of the actual frame for my Canus Dirus/Halloween. The other pictures didn't really do it justice. I'll just link them though since they are a bit big.

With flash: http://i.imgur.com/wbiDF85.jpg
Without flash: http://i.imgur.com/gbKyytc.jpg

5/16/2013:

World's Best Boss by Mark Englert

worlds-best-boss.jpg

18x24 giclee., run of 100

How to buy online: http://www.bottleneckgallery.com/collections/mark-englert @ 12 PM EST.

Magnolia by Jaoa Ruas

c46a34f2b750899d9cc22ea2_533x800.jpg

Poster by Joao Ruas. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 285. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

How to buy online: http://mondotees.com/view_category.asp?cat=12 @ a random time.

Punch-Drunk Love by Jordan Crane

540f0d67f1efff12937eef6e_533x711.jpg

Poster by Jordan Crane. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 235. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom