• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Sold out for both.

Well, I got as far as the poster description.

edit: whoa in cart wtf

edit2: nevermind, that was odd. Sold out, try again, in cart, sold out.

Meier

All gone. Used the wrong password initially.. probably would have missed out anyway. Not terribly disappointed but it was really sharp.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
fuck.

The checkout page won't load canadian provinces

Wow. Missed it because of that. For fuck sakes.

What a piece of shit. Fuck. It was in my cart. I was checking out, and that's what got me. Fuck sakes.

It's how it often goes. You have to have the fortune of getting straight through each page load with little to no delay.

I got stuck on just loading the product description.

WEGGLES

It's how it often goes. You have to have the fortune of getting straight through each page load with little to no delay.

I got stuck on just loading the product description.

I'm SO PISSED.

If I lived in the USA I'd have gotten it. That's cool I guess. :\ It crapped out populating the territory combo box with provinces. Come on. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

EDIT: There's gotta be a better way to sell off these prints no?

AT least make it so if it's in your cart you have time to check out or something.... 5 mins before the cart expires. Blaghhh

Up now:

Predator Metal Variant by Craig Drake

PREDATOR_metal_1024x1024.jpg

PRE-SALE
8 Color Screen Print on Metal
Variant Edition
24” x 36”
Images are representative of the final image and not actual pictures.
Local pick-ups for this item will not available until after the show.
Please allow up to 4 weeks for shipping/processing.
*** Attention overseas buyers, shipping is really expensive to your country due to size and weight. Please contact us prior to purchasing as the price for shipping may increase dramatically.

$250

http://www.herocomplexgallery.com/products/predator-metal-variant-by-craig-drake

Edit: I believe this is a timed-edition.

lupinko

EDIT: There's gotta be a better way to sell off these prints no?

AT least make it so if it's in your cart you have time to check out or something.... 5 mins before the cart expires. Blaghhh

In a perfect world yes, but this is the Mondo way, you'll get used to it if you haven't already.

Ok none of us are used to it, but we forced ourselves anyway.

Kerrinck

In a perfect world yes, but this is the Mondo way, you'll get used to it if you haven't already.

I actually prefer this method to the cart one.
Never manage to score on those and it's a pain to keep refreshing in the hopes of someone removing one from their cart.

WEGGLES

At LEAST pre-populate the territory combo box with more than just US states. Shouldn't need to re-load the entire page to pull up 13 provinces/territories. Come. On. Blahhhhh. So damned frustrating.

lupinko

At LEAST pre-populate the territory combo box with more than just US states. Shouldn't need to re-load the entire page to pull up 13 provinces/territories. Come. On. Blahhhhh. So damned frustrating.

I don't remember going through that when I got the Drive vinyl, I'm also in Canada too.

WEGGLES

I don't remember going through that when I got the Drive vinyl, I'm also in Canada too.

The territory drop-down had only USA states in it. When I switched the country to Canada the page started loading, but was just hanging there (chrome, was doing the slow/grey spinner icon, not the faster/blue spinner) then took me to an empty cart. :'[

kms_md

What "technique"? Is there a trick to getting it? A way to speed up checkout?

i have chrome set up to notify of a page change (checks every 20 seconds). i log into my account prior to the anticipated drop time. my cc info has been copied and is ready to be pasted at checkout. all i have to fill in is expiration date and CID info.

WEGGLES

i have chrome set up to notify of a page change (checks every 20 seconds). i log into my account prior to the anticipated drop time. my cc info has been copied and is ready to be pasted at checkout. all i have to fill in is expiration date and CID info.

Hmm. For next time I'll log in ahead of time, but a 20 second window for refreshes? That seems a bit big, no?

And my cc info is muscle memory at this point, lol

Fletcher

Pretty much this. Except around 8:45 I just sit there and F5 until I see it pop up.

+1 reg

Fletcher

Hmm. For next time I'll log in ahead of time, but a 20 second window for refreshes? That seems a bit big, no?

I would still just copy and paste it. Shaves off a second, but hell, that second may matter.

rinemy

Banned
its really just luck some people say its the smoothest drop they've ever went through while some say they couldn't even get it into their cart.

The poster gods only shines on some.

Up NOW:

Repo Man by Tyler Stout

repoman2.jpg

REPO MAN by Tyler Stout
Edition of 510 Regular / 220 Glow in the Dark Variant
Size: 18x24
SIGNED
Price: $50.

by purchasing this, you could either get the regular edition or the glow in the dark variant edition, colorways will be sent out randomly to those that purchase them.

How to buy online: http://plateofshrimp114.bigcartel.com/

lupinko

Up later today:

Repo Man by Tyler Stout

repoman2.jpg

REPO MAN by Tyler Stout
SIGNED
Price: ?

How to buy online: Tyler Stout will send an email blast out today at a random time. So make sure you check your emails

It's actually Sarah that sends out the emails. ;)

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill

Not logged in ahead of time and you don't have your CC info stored already?

Risky!

Honestly though, there's only so much time you can shave off. At a point it just comes down to getting lucky and not having the site die on you.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
How do you do this? I think that info is sometimes filled in for me on other websites I use, but not for Mondo.

If you're using chrome just go into your autofill settings and add your CC info / address information. When the page loads up it'll automatically have everything filled in, you just need to put in the 3 digit security code on your CC.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
That Craig Drake Predator is gorgeous, but I'm already thinking of selling off some of my collection to round up some money for some medical bills. $250 is just way too much right now, even though I think it might be worth it in person.

Speaking of which, if I do decide to sell some stuff off, I'll give GAF first dibs. Least I can do after I picked up an Olly Moss Zelda from one of you guys for a decent price.

Sushigod7

That Craig Drake Predator is gorgeous, but I'm already thinking of selling off some of my collection to round up some money for some medical bills. $250 is just way too much right now, even though I think it might be worth it in person.

Speaking of which, if I do decide to sell some stuff off, I'll give GAF first dibs. Least I can do after I picked up an Olly Moss Zelda from one of you guys for a decent price.

What are you thinking of getting rid of? PM me I'm in the market for something new.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
What are you thinking of getting rid of? PM me I'm in the market for something new.

I'll make a list and post it here. I have to see how much money I need, and then decide which I'm willing to let go. Honestly, I'd rather not get rid of any of them, but it is what it is.

So, probably end of the month, as I'll have a better idea of my finances, and I'll be back from a work-trip to Seattle by then.

To get an idea, about 2/3s of my collection is listed on expressobeans: http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=36170

Sushigod7

I'll make a list and post it here. I have to see how much money I need, and then decide which I'm willing to let go. Honestly, I'd rather not get rid of any of them, but it is what it is.

So, probably end of the month, as I'll have a better idea of my finances, and I'll be back from a work-trip to Seattle by then.

To get an idea, about 2/3s of my collection is listed on expressobeans: http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=36170

Nice collection I'd be down for some of those let us know. Hope you don't have to sell though.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
I've got some stuff for sale as well.

If you're interested let me know, I don't mind negotiating prices.

Well, I might have a buyer for your House of the Undying vitamin. She has to square things away with her husband first.

I guess this way I could go visit it at least. :/

I will steal it and burn their house down to hide the evidence

Up NOW:

Repo Man by Tyler Stout

repoman2.jpg

REPO MAN by Tyler Stout
SIGNED
Price: $50.

by purchasing this, you could either get the regular edition or the glow in the dark variant edition, colorways will be sent out randomly to those that purchase them.

How to buy online: http://plateofshrimp114.bigcartel.com/

omgkitty

Wait would you be selling Zelda? I had to sell mine and would love to get another one.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Wait would you be selling Zelda? I had to sell mine and would love to get another one.

That would honestly be a last resort. But depending on how things shake out that might be a possibility.

vitaminwateryum: She cleared it. Expect a PM from me shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom