• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rinemy

Banned
In case anyone was wondering

"Daft Roots" Craig Drake @ Gauntlet Gallery (San Francisco)
24"x32"
Edition of 75.
922586_185109641643627_1392186983_o.jpg

Thinking if i should stop by or not =/

Sigma722

In case anyone was wondering

"Daft Roots" Craig Drake @ Gauntlet Gallery (San Francisco)
24"x32"
Edition of 75.
922586_185109641643627_1392186983_o.jpg

Thinking if i should stop by or not =/

it sounded like there would be another edition. I'd rather have a screen print. The black looks a little light on that, but it might be the glare. really cool print though

Sushigod7

I can only imagine this print next to the Tron GID he did which I'm very close to buying. Ahhh man to many choices. Can't wait for the new album to drop next week.

kaskade

Just so you guys know Frame Destination is having free shipping this weekend with the code MAYSHIP13. So if you were thinking of ordering one it'll save you like 20 bucks. They seem like they are the cheapest even without free shipping.

I want to order some frames for my Olly Moss Rouge's Gallery but I don't know how I want em. I was thinking maybe a double mat for a nice color accent.

tm24

Got a raise this week of 70 cents an hour this week. Comes out to about 24 extra bucks a week. Decided to celebrate the only way i know how, by promptly spending it on my first print, the awesome Punch-Out one. I feel like i've opened up a hole that i can never escape from

Meier

Got a raise this week of 70 cents an hour this week. Comes out to about 24 extra bucks a week. Decided to celebrate the only way i know how, by promptly spending it on my first print, the awesome Punch-Out one. I feel like i've opened up a hole that i can never escape from

Congrats on both accounts!

Sushigod7

Welcome to the rabbit hole.

Yay! Both that and the Metroid var. will only be up for 14 more hours, by the by!

Thanks for the reminder. I got my order in, on time this time! Gotta keep the streak going, even if I'm going to have to sell another print to make up for it later. :p

Thanks much! Maybe I can do an exclusive variant down the line (for free) for the ones that have collected them all thus far -- not counting print #0.

Also, I'm quite excited for next month's planned releases.

As you may recall, I got this shiny beast in last week.

QiAGzKF.jpg

And then THIS shiny beast arrived today.

yOCDQlt.jpg

Best part?

Hz3ZcJc.jpg

When I was in talks with both sellers at the same time and I found out they were matching #'s :shock:

Sushigod7

As you may recall, I got this shiny beast in last week.

And then THIS shiny beast arrived today.

When I was in talks with both sellers at the same time and I found out they were matching #'s :shock:

I don't know how you do it but I could really use your help getting some prints man. lol

This is tempting but I believe I've got a Kaneda Drake on the line so can't spend it right now.

Meier

Figured it's kind-of relevant to this thread.

He was pretty disappointed since he had no say in their usage and obviously they're just kinda ugly. If I recall from his tweets about it, there was some sort of clause in the licensing agreement that he wasn't aware of.

Trasher

He was pretty disappointed since he had no say in their usage and obviously they're just kinda ugly. If I recall from his tweets about it, there was some sort of clause in the licensing agreement that he wasn't aware of.

They are pretty tastelessly slapped on there.

WEGGLES

Oh dear. I wasn't aware of this. Saw no mention of him in the product description and was worried.

I didn't plan to order one, just figured I'd post in case someone may be interested is all.

Is he at least getting money for them using his art? Not that it makes it ok, though.

DemiMatt

I saw those shirts, I was about to buy all of them, until I saw they just had 2. Closest I'll get to owning all 3.

The Daft Punk print is awesome, will they do another piece to accompany it? It would make an awesome diptych.

WEGGLES

Just a reminder to never order from Art to Frames.

Been a month since I ordered. 2 and a half weeks since they supposedly sent out replacement plexiglass for the broken glass they shipped me (ain't that some shit?) and it's still not here and they're not responding to emails.

Can anyone provide insight into approximately how much it will cost to have glass cut locally?
21 x 36 and 13 x 19. Just a rough ballpark estimate? $20? $40? $100? $100000000?

what a frustrating ordeal to say the least....

Meier

Oh dear. I wasn't aware of this. Saw no mention of him in the product description and was worried.

I didn't plan to order one, just figured I'd post in case someone may be interested is all.

Is he at least getting money for them using his art? Not that it makes it ok, though.

Don't believe so. It sounds like LucasFilms railroaded Mondo a bit to be honest. He tweeted a bit about it like a month or so ago if you want to look back and get more insight.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Don't believe so. It sounds like LucasFilms railroaded Mondo a bit to be honest. He tweeted a bit about it like a month or so ago if you want to look back and get more insight.

Hard to say if it was a railroading or if the clause just got slipped back in to the contract. I know when we did the Ratchet screenprints Sony wanted to ensure they owned the art for future usage

rinemy

Banned
Just a reminder to never order from Art to Frames.

Been a month since I ordered. 2 and a half weeks since they supposedly sent out replacement plexiglass for the broken glass they shipped me (ain't that some shit?) and it's still not here and they're not responding to emails.

Can anyone provide insight into approximately how much it will cost to have glass cut locally?
21 x 36 and 13 x 19. Just a rough ballpark estimate? $20? $40? $100? $100000000?

what a frustrating ordeal to say the least....

Just wondering was the frame you bought custom or a ready made?
Also some guy on EB isn't very happy with American Frames either. I think someone mentioned the corners of their print were fading away (UV resistant glass)

I've never ordered frames online yet. Anyone willing to share where they shop at (and which specific frames) you go for?

WEGGLES

Found it.

https://twitter.com/ollymoss/status/322041899953311744

https://twitter.com/ollymoss/status/322043034315411456

https://twitter.com/ollymoss/status/322043781564207104

https://twitter.com/ollymoss/status/322043901018001408

Figured I'd post here for the curious but lazy folks out there :p

Just wondering was the frame you bought custom or a ready made?
Also some guy on EB isn't very happy with American Frames either. I think someone mentioned the corners of their print were fading away (UV resistant glass)

I've never ordered frames online yet. Anyone willing to share where they shop at (and which specific frames) you go for?

Was pre-made.

5/23/2013:

The Thing by Randy Ortiz

21f222e66039dc7c3bab128b_533x800.jpg

Poster by Randy Ortiz. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 325. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

How to buy online: http://www.mondotees.com/POSTERS_c_12.html @ a random time.

Son of Frankenstein by Rich Kelly

2cca566b4b9f25bd924eb24b_533x711.jpg

Poster by Rich Kelly. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 175. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $40

Son of Frankenstein Variant Edition by Rich Kelly

2af3d024ce2919f386ff67d2_533x711.jpg

Poster by Rich Kelly. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 105. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $60

White Zombie by Ghoulish Gary Pullin

0592e03b99bb07e49fdcf2f8_177x533.jpg

Poster by Ghoulish Gary Pullin. 12"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 175. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $35

rinemy

Banned
http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/23/4359118/i-am-8-bit-art-show-2013

The video game-inspired art exhibition iam8bit returns to Los Angeles, Calif. next month (June 7th), highlighting the work of more than 80 international artists who will translate fond memories of Mario, Zelda, Pac-Man and other video game greats into fine art.

This year's iam8bit, the sixth of its kind, will showcase the work of established gallery artists, including Jose Emroca Flores, Gerald de Jesus, JC Richard, Rex Crowle, Jim Mahfood, Edison Yan, Olly Moss and Aled Lewis. It will also include the work of artists who don't normally participate in gallery exhibitions, Gibson says. Gibson told Polygon. "We have a lot more artists in general from Japan,"

Paraphrasing a little there but.. sounds like some great stuff in store.

lupinko

Just trying to set up my collection page on expressbeans, but I'm not too sure for the info I should put down for my Stout lottery posters.

Are they 1st Edition Signed or AP Signed? I am still really new to all this stuff. =S

kaskade

Smokey Gray Vinyl looks hot....
Mondo-RaidOST4-Charcoal.jpg

I was just about to post that exact picture. Looks fucking cool. I'm definitely getting it because the soundtrack is awesome anyway. I kind of wish they did what they did with the Oblivion one and made all the online ones special (clear)and the retail regular. It's kind of a bummer getting the normal one.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Just trying to set up my collection page on expressbeans, but I'm not too sure for the info I should put down for my Stout lottery posters.

Are they 1st Edition Signed or AP Signed? I am still really new to all this stuff. =S

if the edition says AP, it's AP Signed.

if the edition is just regular (ie xxx/700 or whatever, with no AP on it) then its first edition signed

lupinko

Oh ok, thanks since that's good to know. When I get home I'm going to update my collection online with the print #s, and to see if my Drive vinyl is black or pink.

I haven't opened it yet since my record player hasn't been set up since I moved.

rinemy

Banned
I was just about to post that exact picture. Looks fucking cool. I'm definitely getting it because the soundtrack is awesome anyway. I kind of wish they did what they did with the Oblivion one and made all the online ones special (clear)and the retail regular. It's kind of a bummer getting the normal one.

I know. I'm bummed about it as well. Don't even know the chances of getting the smokey grey one either. Might just settle for buying the MP3 with my leftover amazon music credit.

Hopefully next weekend I can get a quote for framing my Cooper Into Darkness print... I'll most likely get a basic 12" x 36" frame for the IMAX print from the Fan Sneak Peek, probably black.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom