• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FnordChan

I set up Check4Change on Firefox and it worked quite well earlier today: I managed to snag one of the Edgar Wright posters, my first Mondo order. Woo! Unfortunately, I just made the mistake of stepping away from my desk for a few moments to help a co-worker; naturally that's when Duck Dodgers dropped. Doh!

FnordChan

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
I managed to nab a Duck Dodgers poster!

Exciting!

I set up Check4Change on Firefox and it worked quite well earlier today: I managed to snag one of the Edgar Wright posters, my first Mondo order. Woo! Unfortunately, I just made the mistake of stepping away from my desk for a few moments to help a co-worker; naturally that's when Duck Dodgers dropped. Doh!

FnordChan

Yeah, I can also vouch for Page Monitor for Chrome. It went off and I went straight to the page and got my poster.

like the dune one, I actually got into the duck dodgers one. also in my cart. but it wasn't appealing to me so..

also my mondo/forbidden planet thing arrived at work today. I did pay $45 for postage and it was shipped air express. post cost more than the damn poster! If only they had more stock so I didn't just get 1 of what I had ordered. crazy!

omgkitty

I really need to just buy a poster. I always flip flop and never get anything even when I am at checkout. I think once Duck Dodgers goes up on Sideshow (I'm assuming/hoping this will happen) I'll pick it up.

I really need to just buy a poster. I always flip flop and never get anything even when I am at checkout. I think once Duck Dodgers goes up on Sideshow (I'm assuming/hoping this will happen) I'll pick it up.

Mondo collaborated with Sideshow on the Disney and Planet of the apes series so those get variants on sideshow. They're not collaborating with them on the WB Cartoon series though, so I would not expect to see variants there.

omgkitty

Mondo collaborated with Sideshow on the Disney and Planet of the apes series so those get variants on sideshow. They're not collaborating with them on the WB Cartoon series though, so I would not expect to see variants there.

Ah man. I feel really bad now. The more I look at it, the more I want it. Maybe I'll check Ebay when I get home. Definitely disappointed.

Ah man. I feel really bad now. The more I look at it, the more I want it. Maybe I'll check Ebay when I get home. Definitely disappointed.

=(

Did you end up buying the Edgar Wright poster from Tong? Mondo sold theirs for $40 today, so it would've been good to have passed on the AP considering the significant price difference. The drop surprised me cause I thought they'd sold out and in this case -- especially considering the mark up -- usually the artists would wait after the sell out to sell their copies.

hey everybody,

For all those in the New York area, or those planning on visiting, starting May 14th a new screening company called Bottleneck
will begin screening cult classics and selling art prints to coincide with the film. Located in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, each ticket will be
$5 and come with a free beer.

The first film is Jonh Carpenter's They Live!, with a They Live art print by Adam Maida.

Run of 75. Also BW variant out of 35.

Tickets are on sale now at www.bottleneck.bigcartel.com. After the screening on May 14th, any leftover prints will be sold at the same site.

www.bottleneck.bigcartel.com.

After They Live, the next screenings will be a Luc Besson film, and a Peter Jackson. All films will be released with an art print,
from both new and known artists alike.
Check us out at expressobeans.com, http://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/149541 and hope to see you there.

omgkitty

=(

Did you end up buying the Edgar Wright poster from Tong? Mondo sold theirs for $40 today, so it would've been good to have passed on the AP considering the significant price difference. The drop surprised me cause I thought they'd sold out and in this case -- especially considering the mark up -- usually the artists would wait after the sell out to sell their copies.

Unfortunately I didn't. I didn't know they were going to drop today and I didn't have Chrome open when they were released so I wasn't notified. Ugh I really wan't that damn Duck Dodgers print!

4/17/2012:

Alien Artist Edition by Ken Taylor

alien2_thumb.JPG

36" x 24" screen print. Hand numbered edition of 85. $400.

How to buy online: Send an e-mail to Mitch of Postersandtoys.net / Mondo Tees: mcnail@gmail.com to request a copy. These are the artist's copies that are being sold.

Whoops. Today's Summer of 82 badge isn't for ET It's for Conan the Barbarian. Martin ansin is doing a poster for it for sure so it's likely to go on sale there, I would think.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Aww they sold the Edgar Wright one? Would have loved to snag that. I see their tweets come up but it's always for a poster I don't want. :p

Jimothy

4/17/2012:

Alien Artist Edition by Ken Taylor

alien2_thumb.JPG

36" x 24" screen print. Hand numbered edition of 85. $400.

How to buy online: Send an e-mail to Mitch of Postersandtoys.net / Mondo Tees: mcnail@gmail.com to request a copy. These are the artist's copies that are being sold.

lol.

Fucking $400 for that shit? I feel embarrassed for anyone who spends that kind of money on a shitty poster only because it's from Mondo.

yeah, I don't like ken taylors art. The art work seems too much. Also the reason why I didn't get drive. :/

really want that ET one though. Except I wish it was potrait.

$22 bucks for that sticker? Fuck off, ebay scalper.

Meier

Apparently some sort of variant poster for Tron done by Ansin went up on Sideshow but their site is very crashed at the moment.

That looked incredible and there's lot of stock when I logged in; however $70-80 + international shipping... We're looking at $130-150? That's like a hundred bucks off that amazon.de/ ps vita.

so...

yeah, no.

Heh so found a little framing place near the house and just wanted to see about getting my Rheem Davis Nightmare on Elm Street framed since it's a bit odd shaped at 18x36 and not something you usually find in premade frames. $65 to frame it, and 30 min. Yea fuck places like Micheals, Joans, and AC Moore

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Whalen is doing Avengers. With Hawkeye as the focal point.

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU

Oh. It's only a Hawkeye piece. That's what I get for looking at it on my phone. Not a huge fan of Black Widow so I'm probably going to pass on the Moss piece as well.

Meier

Those posters look more interesting than anything I've seen of the actual The Avengers movie so far.

Hawkeye is kinda Metropolis-ish.

Really? The gun as her lips with the smoke making the nose is fantastic. It perfectly captures the old timey Hitchcock era posters feel and then adds on that exceedingly clever layer. I love it.

I just don't feel it goes at all with Avengers. It feels like a completely unrelated poster.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Dammit, I just bought the Duck Dodgers one. I'm supposed to be saving money.

That Black Widow print is so nice though. Like Meier, I love that minimalist/Hitchcock look.

The Hawkeye one isn't my style, and I wasn't much of a fan of the character either, so while it's a fine poster, I'll pass.

omgkitty

I think I'm going for the Black Widow poster. It's just so damn clever and really attractive. I will not fail this time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom