• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if people think it would be more fair if Mondo had some sort of clock system on their checkouts? Like if you get into your cart, you have like 5 minutes to checkout or something and it counts against the total so you don't have tons of people with items stuck in their cart and never get anything. I guess kind of like Ticketmaster does (yes I know they're terrible).

They should do like Phantom City has it, where once it's in your cart it's "claimed", and basically after 30min if you didn't finish checkout, it puts it back up in stock.

Mondo's site sucks

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
They should do like Phantom City has it, where once it's in your cart it's "claimed", and basically after 30min if you didn't finish checkout, it puts it back up in stock.

Mondo's site sucks

Problem with that is then there are people who figure out a way to have multiple windows open and manage to claim like, ten of them.

37 on the bay now heh

Problem with that is then there are people who figure out a way to have multiple windows open and manage to claim like, ten of them.

Still only one per customer would be enforced unless they go through all the work of having multiple paypals and such. The unclaimed prints would go back into stock eventually... put a checkout timer thats more tight or something to force people to not just sit on 10 prints or so.

I like it better without the aging, but it's prolly cause I don't know what Looper is.

You should post your designs on EB if you want to be noticed. I think a number of artists have made it to Mondo or G1988 from there. I know for sure peeps from both Mondo and G1988 lurk there all the time. Likely how JC Richard has been hit up as well.

Thanks for the advice, could you expand on what EB is? I'm not familiar with it

Thanks again mate just set up an account!

Riptwo

Mondo's site sucks

I remember trying to get the Predator print from Tommy Good (which uses a similar system), and the thing appeared to be sold out within a couple of seconds. Turns out that someone had added all of the available copies to their cart, and I had to wait for their cart to clear before I could grab one.

I'm not saying this is a common occurrence with similar systems, but man, poster griefing is lame.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
The correct way to do this is a raffle; let everyone openly register (1 per person, verify no dupes by requiring payment information upfront). Do a lottery to see who gets them.

I agree that the most enthusiastic people should get it first, but there's not a material difference in enthusiasm between someone who gets there at 3:00:01 PM and 3:00:02 PM to the degree that the first should be rewarded and the second punished.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
What do you have that you're considering getting rid of?

I don't really have a large collection, I just want to downsize everything, since I expect I might move into a smaller place.

The only thing that I'm really considering are the Star Trek ones I got from Mondo.

Daniel Danger's "Star Trek: The Motion Picture"

Jesse Phillip's "I, Borg"

Craig Drake's "Seven of Nine" (I also have the variant 2-poster set that splits the two Sevens up)

I love all three of these for wildly different reasons, so I'm not sure what I'll decide on. From what I can tell on expressobeans and eBay, I don't expect I'd get more than what I paid for them anyway.

On the other hand, I have several of the A Life Well Wasted set by Olly Moss, but I love those. Also, since they're a bit smaller at 18x24, I'm a lot less likely to lack space for them.

Darryl

Banned
No prob, I just started frequenting there since the Totoro drop, though I registered on there earlier than that for something else (which I can't even recall now). :)
What I really cannot wait for is the next Ghibli Mondo drop (think it will be Porco, or maybe I misremembered). :D

this is what i'm waiting for as well, anyone have any idea when it'll be?

Muppet Theare by James Caroll Screen prints on sale next week at darkinkart.com

Regular edition:

file.php

Red Carpet Variant:

file.php

Neon Night Variant:

file.php

Moss

Cheers for all the kind words re: black widow. The rest of the series will knock your socks off. Everyone did such an amazing job.

Meier

Cheers for all the kind words re: black widow. The rest of the series will knock your socks off. Everyone did such an amazing job.

Feel free to give your fellow gamer buddies a heads up on the AP for Black Widow! :D Any update on when Pokemon prints will be shipping?

Tom Whalen Yellow Submarine on-sale info:

http://www.darkhallmansion.com/?page_id=476

timthumb.php

Yellow-Submarine-print-25-768x1024.jpg

Yellow-Submarine-Folio-print-35-768x1024.jpg

Yellow-Submarine-Folio-print-45-300x225.jpg

Yellow-Submarine-Folio-print-55-768x1024.jpg

Dark Hall Mansion said:
Los Angeles, CA, April 24, 2012

PRNewswire/–Dark Hall Mansion is thrilled to finally unveil a project that has been in development for over one full year: the first officially licensed, limited edition print Folio for The Beatles 1968 cinematic masterpiece, Yellow Submarine.

Dark Hall Mansion has been working closely with Live Nation Merchandise, The Beatles’ North American Licensing Agent, and Apple Corps Ltd. in developing a series of limited edition screen prints by leading contemporary artist, Tom Whalen, all to be offered in select, limited edition and numbered print Folios. Tom Whalen’s stunning artwork for these prints draws directly from The Beatles’ legendary 1968 classic Yellow Submarine and is the first time The Beatles have formally allowed a contemporary artist to reinterpret their classic film’s imagery within an art print format.

Tom Whalen has crafted an extraordinary series of 5 prints for The Beatles official Yellow Submarine Folio that reinterprets Yellow Submarine while staying faithful to its timeless legacy of originality. Each print is individually numbered, 18″ x 24″ in size, and each is lovingly and meticulously screen printed, by hand, with all prints housed within their own Folio protective cases, also designed by artist Tom Whalen and beautifully bearing the film’s classic Yellow Submarine and original 1968 film release date on its respective case cover. An extraordinary set whose select and limited edition run numbers ensures they will be competed for byBeatles collectors and fans worldwide, each Whalen print is a stand alone work of beauty that captures the essence and magic that is Yellow Submarine.

The limited edition Yellow Submarine Folios, each with 5 completely different screen prints per Folio, each print representing a key moment or theme from Yellow Submarine, will be highly collectible as there will be only 797 Standard Folio Editions, 135 Variant Folio Editions (in a varied color way) plus an exclusive edition of 68 Folio Editions, the “Elite ’68,” which will be rendered in yet another completely different color scheme with striking metallic inks and with each individual print within the Elite edition personally signed by artist Tom Whalen.

Yellow Submarine, based upon a song by John Lennon and Paul McCartney, is a fantastic tale brimming with peace, love, and hope, propelled by Beatles songs, including “Eleanor Rigby,” “When I’m Sixty-Four,” “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band,” “It’s All Too Much,” and “All You Need Is Love.” When the film debuted in 1968, it was instantly recognised as a landmark achievement, revolutionizing a genre by integrating the freestyle approach of the era with innovative animation techniques. Inspired by the generation’s new trends in art, the film resides with the dazzling Pop Art styles of the ’60s.

All Yellow Submarine Folios, regardless of edition, are strictly numbered and come with their own official COA (Certificate of Authenticity). These officially licensed Beatles Yellow Submarine Folios will be offered for sale on May 29, 2012 exclusively through Dark Hall Mansion, http://www.DarkHallMansion.com/ via their online store http://www.darkhallmansionstore.com and will coincide with the release of the digitally restored 1968 animated feature film Yellow Submarine. Pricing and availability of The Beatles Yellow Submarine Folio editions will be $300 for the Standard Folio Edition of 5 prints, $450 for the Variant Folio Edition of 5 prints and $675 for the Elite ’68 Folio Edition of 5 prints, with each housed in its custom designed protective case along with its own registered COA (Certificate of Authenticity).

All Yellow Submarine Folio Editions will on sale at Dark Hall Mansion’s online Store: on May 29, 2012 at 9:30 AM PST.

The Beatles Yellow Submarine Folio is a limited edition series created by Dark Hall Mansion. ‘The Beatles’ is a registered trademark of Apple Corps Limited. Yellow Submarine is a trademark of Subafilms Ltd © 1968. Dark Hall Mansion is a labor of love. We are passionate about art, about the work of print and poster artists present and past, here and abroad, we are committed to bringing their skills to the forefront on projects that are both compelling and exciting, bridging their studios and creations directly with your walls and personal collections.

More information can be found on these and other editions available from Dark Hall Mansion at www.DarkHallMansion.com

Source Dark Hall Mansion

Meier

Hot damn, that's pretty amazing. Sadly way out of my price range but for those who can afford it, what a collection.

omgkitty

Those Yellow Submarine prints are awesome, but too bad that I'd probably only hang the first two. Don't think I could handle having all 5 out and it would be a shame to split the set up.

Sweet was able to work a decent price on one of the special variant Dan Mumford 'Friday the 13th' prints. The regular two editions really didn't seem right to me without the title on it. Actual print is much brighter and sharper than this washed out pic

F13THPOSTERFINAL.JPG

Now I'm really screwed for wall space.

rikichi

Thor , cap, iron man, and hulk... Wow

I'm sad already knowing I probably ain't gonna get one of these prints :(

I will try for the Thor print cuz dat shits bangin!

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
That Hulk is bananas. The Thor is really nice too, but Hulk is the only one that I'm going to try and go for. I'm hoping the Stout poster is going to be landscape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom