• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked up the set of 6 for the Song of Ice and Fire prints. Shipping was $40!

Yea I decided not to initially after seeing the shipping. I know it's for two separate waves and apparently from Australia.... my GF likes them but still not sure I really want to splurge that much and they will cost alot to frame. I'm getting them though but I might have to cut them for framing, my GF is real good at working with that kind of stuff and rather have her do it instead of ordering the more expensive variant cuts. Though as others have noted, they are concerned about where the numbering and signatures are going to be on the prints..... kinda don't want to cut that out

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I bought this one recently

It's called "milhouse 3.1" Guess why I got it ;)

vKJ4J.jpg

http://proton.bigcartel.com/

This is very visually arresting. I like it a lot. I don't really quite know how I read it. One element of it kind of reminds me of a TV that's out of phase, you know, like with old analog TVs how you needed to play with the little knob to make the picture come through properly. It also has an element that speaks to how iconic the character is, that even with half his face blown off, he's instantly recognizable. Or it could be a graffiti kind of feel, like Milhouse has been spraypainted on a wall and he's dripping everywhere.

Or maybe there's no point at all :p

deadhorse32

Bad Art ™
This is very visually arresting. I like it a lot. I don't really quite know how I read it. One element of it kind of reminds me of a TV that's out of phase, you know, like with old analog TVs how you needed to play with the little knob to make the picture come through properly. It also has an element that speaks to how iconic the character is, that even with half his face blown off, he's instantly recognizable. Or it could be a graffiti kind of feel, like Milhouse has been spraypainted on a wall and he's dripping everywhere.

Or maybe there's no point at all :p

I don't know either. It has a kind of "pop art" feel I like ... And then the name :)

Not for me. :( I still bought it of course and got it signed by Edgar which was awesome. But that bit will always bug me. Wish I'd remained oblivious.

Wait what? I thought the fixed it in the final version. Check your poster again please?

I feel like Mondo charged $40 but since this is from the artist himself, I guess he might crank it up a few bucks. Shouldn't be more than $45 though I bet.

Kevin Tong is one of the artists who is not so generous when it comes to ap prices. He usually charges ebay prices.

So that Edgar Wright poster can be a random time and a random day from now?
Any idea on a price possibly? Thanks.

No. It's today Just a random time today. He'll say it on FB / twitter. He usuallly says in a few mins before on his fb.

I'll look again when I got home. Pretty sure I checked after I saw the comment on Mondo's blog though and confirmed.

Only reason I'm confused is cause Mitch (of mondo) posted that Kevin fixed it in the final version just 2 days before release. He even showed off the fixed jpeg.

Meier

Only reason I'm confused is cause Mitch (of mondo) posted that Kevin fixed it in the final version just 2 days before release. He even showed off the fixed jpeg.

I hope you're right. I've kept it rolled up since the night I got it but thought I'd looked when I got home. I'll confirm this evening.

omgkitty

Ok. Just found out it's $120 for the artist proof. =/

Ah seriously? That is totally Ebay price. I might still bite though. Does Kevin use Paypal to checkout on his site? My Paypal account has been locked for verification and the bank account tied to my account is one I haven't used in 10 years so I can't unlock it because I don't know the account number. I may get screwed on this whole deal. I really love that poster though.

Ah seriously? That is totally Ebay price. I might still bite though. Does Kevin use Paypal to checkout on his site? My Paypal account has been locked for verification and the bank account tied to my account is one I haven't used in 10 years so I can't unlock it because I don't know the account number. I may get screwed on this whole deal. I really love that poster though.

Yes paypal only -- most artists use only paypal.

That really sucks. There has been a surge of things I want to buy lately from Paypal so I'm thinking I may have to call my old bank and hopefully get that old account number.

I think you can open a new account with a different email if you have a different credit card. Worth a try?

omgkitty

I think you can open a new account with a different email if you have a different credit card. Worth a try?

I never thought of that! Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Edit: Well I only have one card and it's attached to my other account, but now all of a sudden it links up with my current card instead of my old account. I can get in now, but I still need to verify my location by giving them a land line phone number to call. Man Paypal is such bullshit. Really wish everyone would switch to Amazon Payments.

Bah, always seems that whenever I try to reach someone at Expressobeans over a print they have for sale, they never respond or end up dissapearing on my :-\

Bah, always seems that whenever I try to reach someone at Expressobeans over a print they have for sale, they never respond or end up dissapearing on my :-\

Hey, another crossover member! What prints were you hoping for?

Btw, if you're hoping to score one of Phantom City's drops today, they're still in stock. People just have them in their carts. They might drop them later on, so there's still a chance.

Hey, another crossover member! What prints were you hoping for?

Btw, if you're hoping to score one of Phantom City's drops today, they're still in stock. People just have them in their carts. They might drop them later on, so there's still a chance.

I don't really post just browse, but trying to get the Phantom City's The Burning print from some members there with no response yet. The other one I really want is the Halloween print by Methane. Also always keeping my eye out on a Rheem Davis Black Christmas though they are pretty rare.

I'm interested in Cabin in the Woods and have been occasionally trying to see if I get luck with the cart, but since I haven't seen the movie yet I always feel weird about going after a poster for something I might not care for.

suplex

Another eb member here. I'm sometimes guilty of not responding to pm's but it's usually because I read then on my phone then just forget to respond later. I also really need to update my lists over there.

As far as those PCC prints, as long as they're still in stock just keep trying to add to cart and you might get lucky. When spoke art put up the dead rockstars prints earlier this week I got there a bit late, but I stayed persistent and added to cart over and over and eventually got both of Rhys Coopers prints.

Meier

Yep, it was indeed fixed. I think he just basically colored it in black and covered up part of the nametag because it looks like it might still be SE essentially but it's not noticeable at all like it was before.

Here is how the final version looks:

photo_1_.JPG

Yep, it was indeed fixed. I think he just basically colored it in black and covered up part of the nametag because it looks like it might still be SE essentially but it's not noticeable at all like it was before.

Sweet. That's good to hear. I wonder why he didn't use the fixed jpeg for his site. I didn't buy it today because of the mark-up.

omgkitty did you score?

Here are pics of my Mad Doctor Sideshow Exclusive Variant:

The orange is very bright. Very much Halloween-ish. It arrived damaged though so I have to return it. The tube itself was weak and it got damaged, which transferred onto the print, unfortunately. So there are creases on the image -- easier to see from the back.

P1010849.jpg

P1010850.jpg

P1010851.jpg

P1010852.jpg

P1010854.jpg

P1010855.jpg

P1010856.jpg

AT-FINAL1.png

Austin, TX--- Thursday, April 12, 2012 --- Mondo, the collectible art boutique arm of Alamo Drafthouse Cinema, is pleased to announce its second gallery event on Friday, April 27 featuring original artwork and posters inspired by the Emmy®-nominated animated Cartoon Network comedy series Adventure Time. Paired with the themed gallery show Mondo will host an Adventure Time Marathon Screening and Feast at the Alamo Drafthouse South Lamar on Saturday, April 28 with series creator Pendleton Ward and Tom Kenny, the voice actor extraordinary who provides the voice of the Ice King, in attendance.
Mondo artists have mined the imaginative, funny and bizarre world of Adventure Time, Cartoon Network’s breakout smash hit comedy series for their next gallery event. The opening show will take place on Friday, April 27 at the Mondo Gallery and will feature a collection of 40 pieces of original art and posters from 31 talented artists to take viewers on a journey to the post-apocalyptic Land of Ooo. The gallery will be on display through May 26.
Then, on Saturday, April 28 Mondo will welcome Ward and Kenny to the Alamo Drafthouse South Lamar for a Marathon Screening and Feast. Alamo Executive Chef John Bullington has created a menu inspired by the series. Attendees will enjoy items like the “Everything Burrito”, “Wizard Rainbow Dogs”, “Decorpsinator Puffs” and “Meatman Meat” while Finn and Jake take on the Ice King over the course of 10 Adventure Time episodes. It’s sure to be an algebraic evening.
ADVENTURE TIME – MONDO GALLERY
4115 Guadalupe Street
Friday, April 27
7:00 – 10:00 PM

ADVENTURE TIME – MARATHON SCREENING & FEASTAlamo Drafthouse S. Lamar
Saturday, April 28
7:00 PM
Tickets
Tickets for the Adventure Time Marathon Screening and Feast will be available for purchase TODAY, Thursday, April 12th, follow @MondoNews for details on the exact time.

The artists featured in the Adventure Time Mondo Gallery show include the following:
Andy Gonsalves
Andy Ristraino
Angie Wang
Annie Benjamin
Annie Wu
Daria Tessler
Dave Perillo
Delicious Design League
Dienzo
Doe Eyed
Graham Erwin
Justin Parpan
Justin White
Matt Taylor
Methane
Mike Mitchell
Natasha Allergi
Niark-I
Phillip Tseng
Rob Warnick
Sarah Stout
Scott Campbell
The Bungaloo
The Little Friends Of Printmaking
Tiny Kitten Teeth
Tom Whalen
Tyler Stout
Drew Millward
Glen Brogan
Rich Kelly
Zac Gorman

Plus, tickets for the feast are on sale:

http://drafthouse.com/movies/mondo_presents_the_adventure_time_feast

If you buy a ticket you get an event exclusive Dave Perillo Mondo poster!

swoon

jeez. pretty mad i missed that screening. chain and his gang was calling my name.

are you going to actionfest, fnordchan?

FnordChan

jeez. pretty mad i missed that screening. chain and his gang was calling my name.

The screening was pretty great, but you can't ignore a calling, man.

are you going to actionfest, fnordchan?

I'd love to make it out there, but I've got too much other stuff happening this weekend, including catching Don Hertzfeldt in Charlotte on Saturday night, where he'll be screening 35mm prints of many of his films, including the newly completed "It's Such A Beautiful Day", the finale to his Bill trilogy. I can't complain. If you're making it out there, I hope to see full reports in the movie thread!

FnordChan, who plans on making up for ActionFest by seeing The Raid on Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom